Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

4629 1/2 Melbourne Ave., Los Angeles, CA Southern California and Worldwide (323) 943-2280

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 mayra H

We first met Jessica in late of 2015, we had just got engaged and I began doing my research for photographers since the most important thing in our wedding was capturing beautiful memories. I had met with one another photographer and then I met with Jessica and it was loved at... Read More first sight! She was quick to respond to my request and to set up a meeting. Jessica really took her time to get to know what style and what vision we had for our wedding. After our meeting, I did not want to look any further. I knew she was the perfect match for us. During our journey, we were privileged to do a Save the Date shoot and our engagement shoot, this gave us such great practice for our wedding and we experienced the exceptional directions and style of Jessica. While our wedding came closer, Jessica was so fantastic she set up calls to plan for a perfect timeline so everything would run smoothly and we would not have to worry about anything. On our wedding this past March, she was attentive to me and making sure I was okay. Her work speaks for herself but what really stands out is her personality and love she puts into her couples. I would highly recommend to any bride that wants beautiful portraits of their wedding to look no further!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Valerie K

TLDR: Just hire, Jessica! You don't need to look any further. She knows what she's doing. Jessica is seriously wonderful! She has a great eye and is so easy to work with. My husband and I don't photograph often and leading up to the engagement session, I was nervous about how... Read More to stand and pose. Jessica guided us accordingly throughout our beautiful LA shoot and it felt comfortable, normal, and authentic to who we were as a couple. One of the take away points that I've learned from Jessica through this wedding experience is that ... as a woman who is insecure about the way she looks, Jessica knew how to make me feel empowered. That's not a trait that every photographer has and Jessica clearly is able to help clients connect with their own inner beauty and encourages it to transform outwardly in photos. I'm not sure how she does it but it's incredibly powerful as a woman in today's society. Jessica is everything you're looking for in a photographer. She is kind, responsive, reliable, flexible, experienced, and has great professional judgment. Her work with clients is far from being transactional. Rather, she provides a caring, thoughtful, and personalized experience to each of her couples. On our wedding day, she gracefully commanded and instructed our wedding party for beautiful First Look photos. For group photos after the ceremony, things were hectic but Jessica also gracefully commanded the crowd and we were able to get in our small and large group shots we dearly wanted. Jessica has a fast turn around time too. She was able to provide sneak previews of our engagement and wedding photos in a few days!! That's unheard by many and we couldn't be more pleased and appreciative. We've shared with our friends the sneak previews of our wedding photos and many have said how Jessica beautifully captured us! I can't help but agree and am so excited to see the final product. Jessica, Jackson & I will miss working with you. It has been such a great pleasure. Thank you a million times for your hard work and thoughtfulness. Words cannot describe our deepest gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for sharing this journey with us and teaching a few lessons or two about faith, marriage and love :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica S

Of all the photographers we interviewed when we were wedding planning, we were amazed at how many photographers call themselves 'professional' but didn't have business insurance, didn't understand tax laws and misspelled words in email communication. There were several people... Read More with fantastic work (some who are even really well known and highly regarded), but were not really helpful, didn't seem eager to get to know us personally and just overall didn't seem to have it together. When we met with Jessica, though, it was obvious her professional career managing clients for nearly a decade shone through. We laughed that we had the same name, had certain similar personality traits and we enjoyed talking about what makes for an awesome wedding. I could tell she is passionate about what she does and will make it happen to ensure she can do her job the way she believes it needs to be done. You can tell she has high standards for herself and it shows, because our wedding day was so perfect and she was the perfect t compliment to it. I highly recommend her for her beautiful work with both film and digital, how prompt and organized she is and her utmost professionalism. I can't say it enough - it as well worth the investment!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amy J

We settled on hiring J. Lee Photos purely because of her incredible style that is classic, clean and has that light and airy look. We love the look of film and we just adore our photos. We loved every minute of our wedding day and a large part of that is because the incredible... Read More team we hired, including J. Lee Photos. She made everything so fun and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Laura S

We found Jessica here in The Knot and after having met with several local photographers, we made the decision to hire her. The photos we have are incredible. INCREDIBLE! All our friends and family couldn't quit raving about how professional and great she and her team were and we... Read More couldn't agree more. Thank you jessica for a lifetime of incredible memories we will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Annie R

We are so glad to have hired Jessica. Look no further and book her today! She is a true professional and we are so thankful to have found someone who is so talented and good at what she does.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jasmine L

We searched fort a while for a photographer, because we were really interested in finding someone who understood our vision and had a great deal of experience in working with difficult family members. We decided to hire Jessica because of her incredible ability to communicate... Read More and relate to us. She was incredible during our wedding day and was assertive in all the right ways. I never once doubted what needed to happen because she was so on top of it and made us feel so great and kept things moving, yes, but also really fun. We are so honored she was part of our wedding day and we just adore the photos. There's too many to count that we absolutely LOVE. Jessica's work is amazing, but she's even better as a person. SHE is what makes all the difference. Trust your gut and go with someone like Jessica who knows what she's doing.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amber P

Jessica was our saving grace on our wedding day. Everything felt like it was going awry and she was composed, made decisions to quickly help alleviate any of the tension and her team was exceptional. We look at our photos and cry tears of joy because she captured the moments so... Read More perfectly. I am so proud of our relationship and I love that we will have these photos to treasure for forever! I can't suggest Jessica and team enough. We couldn't have had anyone better on our special day. She made it look so effortless!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer G

Jessica was so wonderful to work with. She is organized, extremely detail oriented and overall just extremely dialed in. She kept us on track during the planning process, provided several incredible recommendations and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera despite... Read More us always having felt awkward. Our photos were beautiful and we love that she shoots film. I can't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Monica R

Best Photographer! We had a great wedding and being able to look back at Jessica's amazing pictures makes it so much better! She was super reliable, responsible and receptive to what we wanted. She capture all the special moments and then some! Will recommend a million times... Read More over!

2016-04-11T15:16:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Monica! Your wedding was SO fun and what a great day it was. Thanks for letting me be part of such a special moment in your lives!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016

We initially met Jessica over coffee and her first prompt to us was "tell me about your love story". This level of sincere interest in making her photography magical is what we found in each one of the images Jessica captured for us. From the engagement session to our wedding... Read More day, we could not have made a better decision! We have literally looked at our wedding photos every day since Jessica uploaded them. They are amazing and such a great way to forever have our wedding close to our hearts and minds. We had so many compliments from guests about how professional Jessica was and how smooth the photography process went. I literally don't remember seeing her one time during the ceremony or reception, yet she captured every moment! We will forever appreciate the gift you have given us with your talent! Thank you!

2016-02-01T14:18:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for these kind words. What an incredibly special day it was and I was honored to capture it for you! Your love is so beautiful and I have no doubt you will have an incredible life together.

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Candice C

We were very blessed to have Jessica as the photographer for our wedding. She was organized, prompt, polite and prepared; as well as kind, easy to work with, and fun even in the midst of unexpected changes. Her photos were BEAUTIFUL, she does an excellent job using light and... Read More colors to her full advantage, as well a posing people to capture their personalities. We love the images she has captured for us and would highly recommend her for any special event.

2016-02-01T14:19:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Candice! Your wedding was one I will never forget! I loved being part of your big day and hope you cherish your images forever!

Fun and Talented

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

We were SO picky when looking for photographers because we wanted to be sure we had someone who was going to be fun and understood the importance and desire for really great candid moments being captured throughout the day. Jessica did an amazing job of capturing the moments as... Read More they organically unfolded as well as providing direction for the must have portraits we wanted. I think a big reason why she was so great on our wedding day is because she was so positive and had great energy. There were a few things that happened at our wedding that were less than ideal that required her to think on her feet and you would have never known it. Everything was just so easy with her and she did a flawless job and we had an absolute blast with her and her second shooter. Seriously, she is so dynamic and wonderful with our family and friends, we couldn't have asked for anything better. The best part of looking back on our wedding day with her is that we had so much fun. It seemed effortless for her and you can tell she was just made to do this. We are so thankful for her professionalism and talent she shared with us to capture our special day. We are forever grateful and want to be sure everyone knows it. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with her!

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

We met with several different photographers and there was no question J. Lee Photos was beyond compare. She was so personable and helpful and SO good at what she does. I can't tell anyone enough how valuable she was on our wedding day. She provided incredible insight and... Read More direction and was such a great vendor to work with. She has since become a friend and we enjoy our photos so much. We can't wait to see other people enjoy working with Jessica. She is definitely set apart not only with her phenomenal work, but who she is as a person. She has a gift and we are so glad she shared it with us!

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

The best thing we did for our wedding was hire Jessica. She was so helpful from start to finish and incredibly organized and professional. She made us feel the happiest out of all our vendors on the wedding day and she gave us beautiful photos. We were so blessed by her and... Read More recommend her to everyone we can!

WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

J. Lee Photos was wonderful to work with! I received so many compliments from friends and family at how detailed and organized she was. Her demeanor was perfect for my wedding day; she wasn't afraid to ask for information so that she didn't miss an important family moment or... Read More activity. She was always ready for a moment, and quick to direct groups of people so that the pictures were done efficiently, but still in a relaxed and joyous way. Several of my guests compared her to wedding photographers that they had worked with recently, where they were unhappy because certain family members were forgotten, or they weren't clear on instructions of where to go and when. J. Lee Photos was compared favorably in all of these instances--she was flexible, but she had the right personality to keep people focused and attentive when needed. I HIGHLY recommend her, my photos are gorgeous (often because she had great instructions on how to pose and stand, and incredible attention to detail), and as my mother-in-law and sister-in-law both separately said, "I REALLY liked her, she was REALLY good."

Incredible Service and Photography

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Jessica was amazing! She travelled to Mexico to shoot our destination wedding. One of the best parts is that she got there a few days before the wedding, so we have great photos of everyone enjoying Mexico leading up to the wedding. Day of the wedding, we couldn't have asked for... Read More anything better. Jessica not only got great photos, but she even had to help out with some makeup! We continue to use Jessica whenever we can! We love her!

Great photographer

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 amber b

I had a great experience using Jessica as our wedding photographer this past August. My guests and bridal party had nothing but compliments to say about her, and she made sure to capture all the moments my husband and I wanted to remember our special day. Jessica was very... Read More friendly and easy to contact before, and even after our wedding day. I would definitely recommend her! Thank you for everything Jessica!

Talented and Genuine!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

We were married a little over a year ago and we still are giddy about all the photos Jessica took! There's nothing more incredible than your wedding day and we are so grateful we have beautiful images that reflect how great that day was. Jessica was really kind and helpful... Read More during the process and you can tell she has such a heart for photography as well as helping people feel their best. We chose Jessica out of several other photographers because she was so much more genuine anda uthentic than the others we met with. She was a joy to have around on the wedding day and our images are beautiful and exactly what we wanted stylistically. Not to mention how many photos we received!!! There wasn't a single moment missed and we love all the candid moments that were captured. We highly recommend J.Lee Photos and gladly refer her to anyone!

BEST Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

Jessica was on time and prepared. She was easy to get ahold of. She was extremely friendly and flexible. She had an amazing assistant that was extremely helpful. As for the quality of work, she is very talented. She definitely has a creative eye. All the pictures were gorgeous.... Read More I do not have one complaint. Also you get every single picture that she took. They were easy to download and you can order prints right from the website. Need a photographer then hire her. She is so worth it. She will make your day special and last forever!

Organized, Creative and Professional

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

My wife and I hired Jess to shoot our shabby-chic wedding in Upstate NY this past year in September. She arranged several Skype meetings before our big event, and was fantastic in helping to work out, in advance, some of our "must-have" shots as well as our desired plan for the... Read More day. She took amazingly creative photos throughout our big day. She kept things moving so both we and our wedding party could get through the obligatory photos and enjoy the actual day! But she never stopped working and captured outstanding candids. Afterwards, she provided us with access to a preliminary gallery of some of her favorites within the first week. We had all of our photos within a month, and all had been beautifully edited and arranged. We received numerous compliments from friends and family on her demeanor and professionalism, and the reviews of our actual photos have been exceptional. Jessica is a truly talented photographer, and we are so very thankful she was able to capture so many amazing moments for us.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

I can't rave enough to about Jessica and how wonderful she was for our wedding. Talk about dynamic! She captured amazing photos and we couldn't be happier. One thing we really admired about Jessica when we met with her was her level of professionalism, but also her warm... Read More personality. She was so helpful during the planning process and was incredibly organized and efficient on the wedding day. I loved that we were able to see our photos so quickly. Every time we worked with Jessica, it was fun and enjoyable for both engagement and wedding photos. We couldn't have had anyone else for our wedding. So thankful we went with J.Lee Photos! Do yourself a favor and make sure you hire a competent and dynamic photographer for your wedding day by booking with J. Lee Photos!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Tommy J

We are so glad we hired J. Lee Photos for our wedding day. Jessica was an absolute dream to work with throughout the entire wedding process! Just meet with her in person and you will see how genuine and down to earth she is. She was so focused on making sure we were more than... Read More well taken care of and worked tirelessly on our wedding day to capture photos. We are thrilled with our photos and everyone loves them as much as we do. Looking back on it, I can't imagine having Jessica there! She's dynamic, fun and you can tell she's thrilled to do whatever she can to be helpful throughout the day.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Hands down, one of the best decisions we made was to have Jessica photograph our wedding. I could cry thinking about how wonderful she was. She kept us all cool, calm and collected amid the crazy day! She is incredibly organized, detail oriented and thoughtful. She was really... Read More helpful during the planning process and did a great job of hearing us out as to what we were looking for. The day of the wedding, she worked tirelessly to capture every last detail of our wedding. The photos are absolutely gorgeous!! Our guests and family couldn't stop saying what a great addition she was to our day. People felt like she should belong in our family or group of friends! I can't say enough good things; thanks Jess. You really are such a blessing to all of us and we are so grateful now get to call you a friend and not just a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

First off, let me just say that there are a lot of photographers who take great photos, but there is something so special about Jessica as a person and that is the amazing value add to her work that sets her apart from other photographers. We don't have enough great things... Read More to say about having Jessica as our photographer for our wedding day, so the least we can do is provide this review so others can understand how valuable she was on our important day. She was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish and was so helpful during the planning process, our wedding day and beyond. I can honestly say that having her there with us was one of the best parts of our wedding day and it was a great feeling knowing that we were in great hands and could trust her. She handled the unexpected things in our day with extreme grace and poise, while continuously remaining flexible and getting all the important shots. Her energy, encouragement and personable demeanor made her an excellent person to be interacting with all of our friends and family. We are beyond impressed with the photos from our day and absolutely love them! PS - expect a lot of love from her in the form of a small wedding gift... because she's just that thoughtful and great!