Father/Daughter Bakery in St. Charles

Family-owned bakery, started in the early 1970s and located in historic St. Charles. Specializing in: CUSTOM wedding cakes, groom cakes, novelty cakes, party favors, dessert buffets & much more. Schedule a complimentary wedding cake tasting with us. We can work with ANY idea!

Dietary Options

Kosher

Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

336 South Main Street, St. Charles, MO

Delicious!

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Andrea H

First off, J. Noto is in the perfect spot, located on Historic Main St. in St. Charles. Jasper was so professional. When we had our first consultation to taste test he asked us what we would like to drink and he had the table and cake ready for us when we arrived. He offers an... Read More assortment of cake flavors. My husband liked the idea of cupcakes so we decided to go with a small cake consisting of 10", 8", and 6" tiers and the rest of our servings were in cupcakes. We personally preferred the yellow cake over the white (more moist) so we chose that for our small cake. For the cupcakes we chose red velvet with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing, devil's food cake with chocolate Bavarian cream filling with buttercream icing, yellow cake with white chocolate Bavarian cream filling with buttercream icing, and marble cake with raspberry filling with buttercream icing. We received so many compliments on our cake and the cupcakes went over very well. In fact, two of our friends are getting married in 2014 and after tasting our cake, they are going to go with J. Noto for their weddings! Jasper was truly wonderful to work with. His daughter is in charge of the cake decorating. We started with one design and he was up front with us when he realized it wasn't possible to do that design with buttercream, which would mean we would have to go with fondant. We personally don't like fondant so we chose another design. She was able to replicate the exact design we gave her. Needless to say, we were extremely pleased in every category of our experience with J. Noto, and we would highly recommend them for your wedding!

2014-02-05T09:40:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We value your opinion. Congratulations the the both of you!

Wonderful bakery!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 caylie e

Jasper is so creative! We had a beautiful and delicious wedding cake, as well as a an amazing Jack Daniels Groom's cake! It was an amazing price and amazing quality.

Best Baker!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Katie Z

During our cake tasting for our wedding we were blown away when we got to J. Noto. He was so organized, cakes were labeled, offered us water, and was so friendly! He also does not freeze his cakes and stays up late the day before making your wedding cake. It was so delicious,... Read More we still have guests talking about how beautiful our cake was and yummy. Was so fresh and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. Thank you so much, we will definitely go back for some baked goods!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Paige K

J. Noto made our wedding cake and it was beautiful and delicious. The night we got engaged we walked into their shop on Main Street in St. Charles to have a sweet-treat, so it just seemed perfect to have them bake our wedding cake as well! They took the vision we both had and... Read More made it come true!! I would recommend this great baker to anyone looking for any type of cake. Married October 24, 2015.

Should of handed out business cards :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Stefanie B

The cake was AMAZING! We had several guests ask where we got our cake from and said they went back for seconds! :) Needless to say, it was an extremely difficult task choosing the flavors for our cake as you cannot go wrong with any flavor! Not only did Jasper make an phenomenal... Read More cake but went above and beyond to make a cupcake for our niece who has peanut allergies. Thank you again for your amazing work!!

Great Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Eunie C

We had 3 tier lemon/raspberry cake for our wedding. It is delicious and moist (still have it in the fridge;)) I think Mr Noto knows how to get his job done. We loved it and the guests did too. Plus you're not gonna believe how reasonable his price is.

Most delicious cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Melinda H

Jasper at J.Noto's did the most amazing job on our wedding cupcakes and cookies. The cupcakes were amazing and everyone raved about them! I work at a small bakery and wanted my co-workers to attend and not work my wedding (and I also bake myself) so looking for a bakery to do... Read More the most important cupcakes of my life (ha!) was a crucial part of the planning. My husband and I love sweets (my husband especially loves cookies!) so this was the part that we were looking forward to the most (aside from getting married). The cupcakes were some of the best I've ever tasted and the cookies had my co-workers and boss trying to figure out how to re-create them! We were blown away by the quality and service. I cannot more highly recommend any cake in the St. Louis area! I'm still eating cupcakes for breakfast four days later (because we ordered SO many - not because many weren't eaten) and they are still amazing! We ordered so many so that we could have left-overs and I took some more to my co-workers yesterday and they were so excited to get to eat them twice! It all was absolutely perfect!

BEST CAKES IN ST LOUIS

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Bridget M

So they say how many guests a cake should feed-but maybe you should change that estimate if you get J. Noto's Cakes because MY GUESTS DEVOURED his cakes. Everyone RAVED about them. The most scrumptious flavors and the most beautiful set up. I had my reception at Chandler Hill... Read More and his daughter came to arrange the cakes and she made my cake table look GORGEOUS-better than I could have done and went ABOVE AND BEYOND to cut flowers and hang things on and around my cakes. They are an amazing family and bakery and everyone in St. Charles and St. Louis should patronize their business. Didn't know them before my wedding but now I feel so strongly about their bakery and business. Wow. Can't say enough how glad I am to have chosen them.

WOW-BEST WEDDING CAKES

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Bridget M

Beautiful Cake and so delicious!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Pamela B

Our cake was beautiful!! It was so well decorated and they put fresh flowers on it, which made it so lovely and fresh. The cakes we got were marble with raspberry filling and yellow with chocolate Bavarian cream filling. Both cakes were so good and moist with delicious... Read More buttercream frosting. We love this bakery and were so delighted to be able to have them make our cake for us!! Very affordable and great people to work with!

Dessert bar was a huge success!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Caitlin S

We had J. Noto make our wedding cake and a dessert buffet for the reception, and everything was a huge hit! There wasn't a single crumb left at the end of the night, and I got a ton of compliments on how delicious everything was! Would highly reccommend J. Noto! We can't wait to... Read More go back for our anniversary cake!

Above and beyond delicous!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

We chose J. Noto because Jasper really went above and beyond at our cake tasting. I had a specific cake design in mind, with white chocolate covered strawberries on it. While we were trying the different cake types, he went into the kitchen and came back with some freshly made... Read More white chocolate covered strawberries! All the cake flavors were delicious and we were ready to give our deposit, but since this was our first cake tasting, he told us that we should go try some other bakeries just to be sure. We left and made it across the street before turning around and walking back in. The strawberries did it for us, he didn't have to do that and the fact he did really sold us on him. He was able to deliver a beautiful, delicious cake for our wedding and it was exactly what I wanted! Totally recommend!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Lindsay S

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, it was delicious and extremely affordable! Jasper was so easy to work with and was extremely accommodating and patient with this indecisive, overwhelmed bride! We chose to do a 3 tiered cake with the rest being kitchen cakes of white with... Read More raspberry filling and red velvet; DELICIOUS!! We also requested 2 small figurines of our dogs and J Noto did such a great job of making them look realistic and absolutely adorable; a perfect detail! We taste tested at 2 other bakeries and J Noto's was by far the best experience, the most expertise and the most affordable!

Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Meaghan K

We requested a 3 tier cake and 3 kitchen cakes and it was all so reasonable while being so delicious! It was beautiful and it was delivered in time and arranged perfectly. Our wedding cake was so elegant and the service was spectacular, giving me peace of mind on my wedding day... Read More :)

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Amber Z

J Noto was a wonderful bakery to work with - from the initial consultation to delivery. The cake was delicious, with so many options on flavors. The cake design was outstanding - far exceeded my expectations! We also use J Noto to make our wedding favors - little bags with a... Read More variety of Italian cookies. We received so many compliments on the cake and cookies, both their look and taste. Highly recommend this bakery!

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Ellen D

I really loved the cake I got from J. Noto! We ordered carrot cake, because that is both of our favorite cake. Jasper, the owner, made it special for us with walnuts and pineapple chunks added, which made it moist and so delicious. We got many compliments on our cake! We also... Read More had some yellow cake kitchen cakes for those who didn't like carrot cake. The cake turned out beautifully and it was exactly what we wanted. It is a really cute bakery too, and I loved that it is a family business. Jasper takes pride in the quality of his work and met with us himself- he also delivers the cakes himself! I would definitely recommend!

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 ann j

10-25-14: Absolutely beautiful and exact in every detail that the Bride and Groom requested. Even more importantly the cake tasted AMAZING!!! The dough was moist and the flavors were mouth watering. Sooo many compliments from guests - I was told by the Captain that several... Read More guests asked for seconds!!!! The Italain Cookies were a total hit with the guests also - not much to take home for the brunch on Sunday. If that is not enough the GROOM's cake - A big mouth bass was phenominal. Everyone at the Rehearsal Dinner could not believe it was a cake. It too was delicious Can't thank you enough for making their dreams come true

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Annie S

Delicious cake and desserts with a reasonable price point. So much to choose from and a great bakery if you want other options besides cake. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend J Noto to any bride and groom. Also great spot for fresh Italian cookies!!!

Excellent Italian Bakery

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Casey D

Wedding cake was absolutely phenomenal and Jasper is such a joy to work with. We have tried the Italian cookies and cannoli's as well and everything is superb. VERY reasonably priced as well compared to some of the other bakeries in the St Louis area.

J. NOTO did an AMAZING JOB on our WEDDING AND GROOM'S CAKE!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Jessica P

BRIDES AND GROOMS, PLEASE LISTEN! J. Noto Bakery by FAR is the BEST VALUE for your WEDDING CAKE! When my husband and I did our cake tasting, Jasper was so kind. He was more like a friend! Before our tasting, my husband said he did not want to commit to anything yet (this was our... Read More first tasting), so he was not planning on signing a contract. After tasking the cake and meeting Jasper, my husband ask Jasper where to sign and gave our deposit right then and there. Boy did we make the best decision! From just giving Jasper a picture via e-mail of a wedding cake and groom's cake, Jasper did an AMAZING job! The wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL and the "Batman" themed groom's cake was a hit! Jasper is very talented and above all, his CAKE TASTED AMAZING!!! Everyone raved about how great it was. Jasper also kept in great communication and after our initial tasting, we did everything via phone and e-mail which was very helpful. J. Noto was great and best of all, THEY were the BEST PRICE in ST. LOUIS! I can not believe they do not charge more for the quality of their work. Truly the best! I hope this review expresses how happy I was with J. Noto Bakery!!!!

wedding cakes

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 jennifer j

We ordered a two layer cake and several different cupcakes with filling. Our cake was perfect! It was exactly how I wanted it. The cupcakes were amazing. Our guests really enjoyed them. The cost was very reasonable as well.

Wonderful Experience from Tasty to Wedding

Reviewed on 6/22/2014 Megan R

We loved getting to work with J. Noto. Every step was enjoyable and Jasper, (The J in the name) was involved in all parts from tasting through the wedding. Delicious cake and great price for kitchen cakes. Great value for your dollar.

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Kinsey F

J. Noto made my husband’s groom's cake and our wedding cake and it was fantastic. They are very organized and understood everything Matt and I wanted in our cakes. They took the vision we both had and made it come true!! I would recommend this great baker to anyone looking for... Read More any type of cake.

Cake

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Melanie B

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Andrea M

Jasper from J. Noto Bakery was a delight to work with. The tasting was so delicious and made it extremely hard to choose....so we did 4 different flavors in our cake. We had so many people tell us how much the loved the cake. Everything about it was perfect! My husband and I... Read More will be going back there for our anniversary for sure!