Jaimie Nicole Krause Photography

St. Louis / Kansas City / Chicago / Nashville

I love mutual weirdness + individuality + quirks

My favorite photos are always candid, because forgetting the camera is there means there's a sense of realness that you can't get from staring straight into the lens. I focus on documenting moments and the connections between people. I want your photos to be uniquely you. I want you to look at your photos and say, "Yep. That's us!" I want to capture all the things that make someone them. Those little things that when you see it, you know in your bones how that moment went. The sound of a voice. The way they would've tilted their head and looked at you. That's what I strive to do: take images that make you feel something; not just pretty pictures.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

5201 Pernod Ave, St. Louis, MO St. Louis / Kansas City / Chicago / Nashville (314) 680-1928

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Jessica B

We had several fabulous experiences with Jaimie! In reviewing her online portfolio, we were in awe of the beauty of her work. After meeting with her, and feeling like instant friends, we selected her to capture the moments of our special day. She is very warm and personable.... Read More She knows exactly how to get people to feel comfortable in front of a camera. She is extremely talented! We had our engagement session with her in Lafayette Square Park in the early morning hours. The light was so beautiful, and so were the surroundings!! She is very creative and has an eye for photography like no other. She offers competitive pricing on her services and is very responsive and dependable. She uses an amazing online client portal that allows users to track their account (makes payments, etc), view pictures, print pictures and so much more. It's very convenient! Our wedding day is one that we will always remember, because Jaimie was there with us along the way capturing sweet moments. Despite the freezing temperature of 37 degrees with 45mph wind gusts, she was able to take stunning photographs that honestly appear to have been taken on a sunny, warm and calm spring day. Rather than suggesting forced-looking poses, she truly captures the true essence of her clients and how they interact with each other. In addition to our wedding and engagement photo sessions, I also scheduled a boudoir session with Jaimie as a gift to my fiancee. The pictures were just gorgeous and I felt so glamourous. Again- she knows just how to make everyone feel comfortable. Jaimie is a true professional! She should be at the top of your list!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ellen J

Jaimie was a great photographer to work with. She was responsive to emails and phone calls and was very flexible which was important to us since we were planning the wedding from out of town. I also highly enjoyed her dry sense of humor. On the day of the wedding, she arrived on... Read More time and was super responsive. Jaimie has the uncanny ability to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and to capture relationships between people in her photos. Did I mention she is a ninja? Unlike some other photographers at weddings I attended, we did not notice Jaimie's presence during the ceremony and reception and she still somehow managed to get every photo at the perfect angle.

Jaimie is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Simone

Photography was really important to me, and I was discouraged when I started planning in January to find many local photographers already booked. I found Jaimie's profile on the Knot, and I'm so glad we were able to book her. She traveled to Illinois to shoot both our wedding... Read More and our engagement photos, which allowed us to get engagement photos at places that were meaningful to us. I've only seen previews of our wedding photos, but what I've seen is amazing. In addition to how great our photos look, Jaimie is also warm, easy-going, and funny, which translates into helping everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. She was really easy to communicate with and responsive to emails for planning and scheduling. She also has lots of experience shooting weddings, so she's a fount of tips and tricks for any wedding day problems - for me it was helping pin in an uncooperative veil. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Laura B

AMAZING! I can not say enough good things about Jaimie and her work! I spent so much time researching photographers, so afraid to make the wrong choice and wanting beautiful photos that matched my vision. I stumbled upon Jamie's website and knew instantly I had to book her.... Read More After hearing from so many vendors that my date was not available I was so nervous when emailing photographers. So I am sure you can imagine my excitement and relief when Jaimie quickly responded that she still had availability that day. I felt so comfortable meeting with her for the first time and discussing my plans for the day. After getting our engagement photos back (quickly I might add) I was even more excited. They exceeded what I had in mind! And then... our wedding photos. I can't even find the words to explain how happy my husband and I were with her gorgeous documentation of our big day! There were so many details (that I missed in the whirlwind of that day) that she captured so beautifully. Some of my favorites are candids of our friends and family at the reception. It is so great to have those memories! Five stars doesn't even begin to give Jaimie enough credit for her incredible eye and artistic talent! I can't wait to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jessica L

Jaimie was a pleasure to work with! She made sure to capture every moment for my sister's wedding. Every time I turned my head, she was there! Her pictures are phenomenal and definitely captures the beauty of everything. I'm excited to see how all the pictures turn out because... Read More I know her work is nothing short of spectacular. She truly enjoys her job and puts in so much effort and passion into her photos and it really shows.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Morgan G

Jaimie was great! Very talented and knew what she was doing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Erica E

Jaimie is incredible and her work speaks for itself! We had a consultation with her earlier this year and didn't even make it back to our car (literally 5 steps away from her door) to leave before deciding she had to be the one to capture our wedding day. If you're in need of a... Read More wedding/engagement photographer book her now!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Suzanne M

Jaimie was great! We enjoyed the entire process working with her. Jaimie came to Chicago to take our engagement photos and made us feel at ease. The wedding was perfect too. She has a hilarious trick to make you laugh while your are getting your pictures taken. Jaimie really... Read More captured our personality, the whole day and the photos turned out beautiful. Couldn’t be happier with her work.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Casey H

Jaimie is SUCH an amazing photographer and such a hard worker. She truly does have a natural talent. She gets better and better and I enjoy being around her. I love her work so much!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Megan E

We couldn't be happier with our choice of photographer! Jaimie was incredibly laid back and great a getting us to relax and look candid in our photos. As we moved around and took photos Jaimie would tell us stories and have us hum to each other to capture some really beautiful... Read More moments. There is no one else that has her eye for light and composition. We have wedding photos that are so beautiful and so us!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Nicole M

Jaimie is a truly great wedding photographer. From the moment we began looking for someone to document the big day, I fell in love with her website. There were a few things that impressed me: her overall style, a bit darker/moodier than other St. Louis wedding photographers, and... Read More her stand-out bio. I was really impressed that her pictures kept the vertical lines of structures from keystoning! You can tell that she pays close attention to lighting and details. We got to know her shooting style during our complimentary engagement shoot, and that really helped the pictures go smoothly the day of the wedding. On top of all that, the photos we have seen in the first week are absolutely stunning. Looking at each of them, I can relive the moments in which they were taken. Not only did Jaimie do an amazing job with our photos, she connected us with other awesome vendors. As an out of town couple, we appreciated all the extra help she gave along the way.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 lauren a

Where do I begin??!! Jaimie was amazing!! Very easy to work with and our pictures turned out great! I would recommend her to anyone in a heart.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Dr. Dorothea A. R

Where do I begin.....Jaimie was and is awesome! From day one, she connected with me because she was so laid back and I didn't feel pressured to do or purchased anything I did not want. She listened and my wants and delivered exactly as we discussed! She made this process so... Read More easy for us and I loved that she not only captured what I asked, but she also captured those candid shots that both Vince and I were not able to see due to our getting ready for the ceremony and our actual ceremony. Jaimie was no stranger; she jumped right in and even helped me with my wedding gown and gave good tips like she was a part of the family! She was so friendly with everyone, which I liked that about her. Once our photos were ready, we were so pleased! Awesome quality and clarity that I am just in awe of it all! I will use her again I am sure, especially for my family photography needs!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Katie H

There are not enough positive words to describe how pleased Sean and I were with our experience with Jamie. She went above and beyond with absolutely everything regarding our wedding. She promptly answered all of our questions, provided helpful suggestions on locations and... Read More timelines, created an easy to navigate online portal to view all of our pictures, and was so incredibly patient on the day of while we rounded up family members and tried to stay on track. She is a supremely talented photographer and her photographs are simply stunning. We would without a doubt recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer and will certainly be using her services for future photography needs.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Kristen S

We are so happy to have been able to work with Jaimie. We were originally drawn to her portfolio because of the way that she uses light in her photos. She literally walks around, face to the sky, following the sunlight... and she is SO good at it. Our photos are all beautiful... Read More and look more like art than two very awkward people (yes, that's me and my husband) posing for cheesy photos. She takes candid shots that perfectly capture all of the emotions of the day, but is also a rock star at corralling your family to get those important portrait shots in, too. Jaimie was so helpful in choosing locations to shoot, she was a Godsend when it came to figuring out the wedding day timeline, and she was more than willing to jump in & help with wardrobe, flower, and cake cutting fiascos. Thanks for everything, Jaimie!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Susan L

Jaimie was amazing!! So easy to work with and our pictures turned out perfect! I would definitely recommend her to other brides. She was so easy going and so much fun to work with!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Abigail W

Jaimie was fantastic the whole way through! Communicative, resourceful, and most importantly crazy talented. She perfectly captured the intimate moments of the wedding day, while still fulfilling the (super boring) need for staged pictures - and holy cow, was she awesome at... Read More keeping the Groomsmen in line! I would hire Jaimie again and again... actually, can she just follow me around and document my life?! But seriously.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Kimberlyn V

I can not recommend Jaimie enough. I have always had a vision of what I wanted the photographs of my wedding to look like, and Jaimie nailed it. Not only is she extremely talented and professional, but she has a very laid back personality and will make you feel so relaxed and... Read More comfortable throughout the day. I started the day off running late, and Jaimie was so understanding and there was no pressure to play catch up. You can tell that she has a passion for what she does, and it's her goal to give you beautiful images that you'll treasure forever.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Our photos from Jaimie were beautiful! She got so many wonderful candid shots of us laughing and enjoying the day as well as posed shots that look very natural. She also got some beautiful and fun ones of the wedding party and families. She also was very supportive when I was... Read More getting a little anxious about staying on schedule and went with the flow. We strongly recommend!

Very Creative and Talented!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Stephanie G

I am so glad that I chose Jaimie to do our engagement and wedding photos! She is extremely talented and unique and it shows in her photos! She made the process very stress-free for us from the beginning to the day of the wedding! She was very helpful as far creative poses and... Read More backgrounds and gave very helpful suggestions. On the day of the wedding, she was prompt and started snapping photos right away! I also give her credit for being able to corral our wedding party after the ceremony! :) Overall, she was very fun and easy to work with and her pictures are stunning!!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Sarah H

Jaimie is so great to work with! She produces great photos, is very laid back, and very professional. I loved working with her for engagement photos and can't wait to have her shoot our wedding! You will have so many amazing photos, you won't be able to pick a favorite!

Jaimie was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Jaimie took our Wedding photos last month. We got to see a sneak peak last week and they were AWESOME! We are so excited to see the rest of the photos. She was responsive with my emails before the wedding and very prepared as to where she wanted to take our photos and how to... Read More pose us on our big day. She was super friendly and a joy to work with. I definitely recommend Jaimie as your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristin W

For those who are in the process of planning a wedding, this can and most likely will be stressful at times. If you focus on decisions that are most important to you, the end result will be nothing short of great. And when it's time to search for your vendor partners, it's... Read More essential to make sure they come highly recommended and fit within your budget. They should be responsive, capable and of course do what they say. All these criteria and more are why we chose Jaimie Nicole Krause Photography for our wedding. She is not only extremely talented, but very professional. She genuinely cares about what we thought and wanted to highlight in our photos. She combined our laid-back country personalities with our addiction to laughter, importance of family and appreciation with both the simple and finer things in life. She understands that the photos of this special day will be representative of her work for decades to come and she takes that to heart. She is timely and flexible, which definitely put our minds at ease and gave us one less thing to worry about. Most of all she and her team are a joy to work with, they are fun and personal yet focused on the job at hand. To anyone looking for a photographer, especially for a wedding, we highly recommend Jaimie Nicole Krause Photography. You will not be disappointed. Sincerely, The Bono's

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 kelsie M

Jaimie was amazing!! I contacted her somewhat last minute to shoot our elopement at Busch Stadium. We set up a phone consultation to go over what I wanted, as well as the contract & pricing. Her online "booking" process was extremely user friendly! She was accommodating to our... Read More slight time & location change. The day of she was early and started working right away. She captured every moment we wanted from our day and more. She was very patient & never asked us to awkwardly pose, everything was very natural. We couldn't be happier with the finished photos! The online gallery was so easy to share with friends & family. Her delivery time was VERY quick as well! Can't recommend her enough!

Amazing Photographer!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Samantha C

If you want a great photographer that is creative and knows how to create good shots, this is the photographer for you! Jaimie did an amazing job on our engagement session and on our wedding day. She is able to create amazing photos out of simple backgrounds and she finds... Read More amazing spaces to take pictures. She will give you the time and attention needed to create your perfect day. We also had a second photographer that complimented her well and captured great candid shots. I am 100% satisfied with all of our photos and I'm very happy I chose her to capture one of the most important days of my life!

Jaimie Nicole Krause

I'm Jaimie. Queen of the awkward. Original weird kid. Cake afficionado and coffee enthusiast. I enjoy long walks down Target clearance aisles and wasting vast amounts of time reading click bait stories. I photograph people in an honest way, and keep things relaxed so your photos are authentically, genuinely you.