Never Boring, Always Amazing.

*****NOTE: LIMITED 2017 BOOKINGS LEFT! But there are still some good summer/fall dates available. INQUIRE FOR DISCOUNTS ***** I get it. You don't want the same old boring wedding photos. You're in the right place. I've been shooting weddings for over five years now. Over 100+ now. Minneapolis, New Orleans, and all over the country. When I started working weddings I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Turns out it's my calling & passion. My goal is not to be good--my goal is to be world-class, one of the top wedding photographers in the world. Part of that goal is working with amazing couples who want beautiful wedding photography they can be proud to show off. I strive to deliver photography you can't find anywhere else. Check out my reviews!! Best on the Knot!!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Minneapolis, MN Upper midwest, nation-wide, international. (612) 607-4133

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Julie G

When I searched for wedding photographers (and boy did I search!), I was looking for an artist who could make me feel something. While looking through Jason's website, I knew instantly that he was the real deal. Hiring Jason was THE BEST decision we made for our destination... Read More wedding in Vieques, Puerto Rico. He exceeded our expectations because he captured so many moments that have left us in awe, in tears, in fits of laughter, and in complete joy. He also made my husband and I so comfortable throughout the entire process. What we enjoy most about our photos is that they are not corny or staged; rather, besides being absolutely beautiful, they are candid, natural, and totally "us"! These pictures mean so much to us and we will treasure each and every one of them for years to come! I highly recommend Jason Albus!!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

I wish 10 stars were possible. We hired Jason for both our engagement pictures and our wedding photos. We met with probably four different photographers but we picked Jason because WE KNEW WE WOULD ENJOY HANGING OUT WITH HIM FOR 10 HOURS IN A SINGLE DAY. He is so pleasant to... Read More be around. For our engagement pictures, we wanted both indoor and outdoor pictures. He had a perfect place in mind that didn't require us to run all over town while still having remarkably different photographs. On our actual wedding day, Jason showed up early and even though gals and guys were separated for most of the morning, he found away to see both groups getting ready. Jason is there when you need and want him to be there without being overly aggressive about getting what other photographers are. Jason does not go for canned shots, he tries to capture the moments as they come. Both my hairstylist and make up artist in addition to my pastor complemented him on that to me. Too often photographers can get in the way what needs to be done instead of being able to recognize what their client wants as it organically happens. Jason gets it. I think Jason is so immensely talented. I had a super traditional wedding (full Lutheran worship service with communion, matching fabric for bridesmaid dresses, old school social club on a lake) and Jason captured all the parts that were special to me even with the restrictions the church placed on him in terms of where he could be and when because he works with such high quality cameras and lenses. He got shots from the choir loft I would have never expected him to get. I think that speaks to his talent because if you look at his portfolio many of weddings he does nontraditional. To find someone that can capture the specialness of both types of weddings speaks to how talented Jason is. He got a photo of every single person at our wedding reception and I was so high on life that I didn't even notice him. Only when I got the photos less than 2 weeks later was I truly aware of how hard he worked. He got all the photos I wanted. I said to my huuussssbannnnd that we have to bring Jason on every big trip or life event because nothing will compare to the quality he consistently delivered. Another great thing is he is in no way pushy about what you have to buy from him. There's none of this canned package BS. Its a flat rate for him. He will provide you with quality printing referrals that are locally sourced and deliver quality goods but you don't have to use them. We probably will because we trust him. If you want just a wedding photographer, call your cousin. If you want someone to commemorate the day, if you want someone that is going to do an amazing job, if you're looking for the one place in all of wedding planning where the price is more than reasonable for amazing quality, you need Jason. He. Is. The. Best

Jason Albus will blow your mind!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Jaime C

My fiancé and I were recently married Aug. 9th 2014 in northern Minnesota. We had heard about Jason through a friend and checked him out. Immediately upon meeting this dude, you will know he has the laid back cool you would want from a photographer. He really got to know us as a... Read More couple and through the experience became like a part of the family!! He was super affordable and got shots that literally blew my mind. He captured the day perfectly through a artistic lens that turned our wedding into a work of art. No cheesy prefab wedding pics, but truly unique and beautiful pictures. Reliving it through his eyes was amazing. I would highly recommend Jason to any Bride and Groom. He will not disappoint, is super easy to work with and has mad skills!

2014-08-31T17:39:35 Response from the vendor

You two, and your entire family, blew me away with your kindness and welcoming nature. Spending a weekend in the deep woods with a nearly entire stranger could be entirely awkward with the wrong people, but you guys made it a treat. It was truly... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Giavanna F

Jason's pictures are one of a kind. He is a phenomenal, talented artist. As I'm not one for the typical, cheesy wedding photos, it was easy to see that Jason's style fit us perfectly. Not only are Jason's photos unique and beautiful, he is one of the most down to earth, mellow... Read More people I have ever met. On your wedding day you will be stressed (no matter what you think) and the last thing you want is your photographer bossing you around and making you feel even more stressed. Jason just asked us when he needed to be there and let us do our thing. When our timeline was slightly off, he worked with it. At times, you didn't even know he was there and yet our pictures say otherwise. We would highly recommend Jason for anyone's wedding day!! We are planning to use him in the future for other events/pictures because we loved him that much! Thank you, Jason! You rock :)

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Tamara W

Gah! I wish there were more stars to give this guy! Jason is super awesome to work with pre-wedding. I liked the convenience of being able to text him with questions or thoughts or ideas and then having a few phone conversations beforehand to solidify details for the day of. We... Read More had a Harry Potter themed wedding and Jason was excited to be able to photograph the unique details of the wedding -- which helped us be more excited to see the photos. The locations we shot in were unique and gorgeous and he did awesome with how cold it was (he was a trooper!) and was able to crack a few jokes when I was feeling hangry before the ceremony. I loved how I didn't notice him taking photos during our dance either and that he stayed to capture moments from the dance floor as well as throughout the whole day. I can't say enough nice things about this guy and how wonderful and talented he is! Definitely recommend him at a level 9,000!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Kendra H

My husband and I met with several photographers before choosing Jason. None of them seemed to completely understand the more 'candid' approach we were looking for. When we met with Jason over drinks & apps, we knew we had found our match! From day 1 Jason was an absolute... Read More pleasure to work with. He is very easy to talk to & get along with. Jason clearly has an artistic vision that comes through beautifully in photographs. From our engagement photos, to wedding details, to wedding photos, he was very responsive and exceeded our photo expectations. I'd highly recommend him to any bride who is looking for gorgeous photos, and a stress free experience.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Megan H

We met Jason on the 8 passenger plane to Vieques, Puerto Rico. It was fate. He was shooting a wedding at the W and we were there to plan our wedding for the following year. My husband loved his artistic photography style and I loved that he was from my home state of MN! Jumping... Read More ahead a year to our wedding.... It was so much fun driving around the island of Vieques to all the sites Jason had searched out the days before. Ocean, colorful buildings, graffiti walls, feeding wild horses my bouquet, grabbing a snack at the street vendor so Rory wouldn't get hangry, boats in the jungle. So magical and fun! Thank you Jason for everything!

2017-01-24T16:00:42 Response from the vendor

gahh! i was just editing your pics on my plane ride back to new orleans right now. i'm halfway done! they're already looking amazing. i really can't wait to give them back to you!!! you guys were so generous with me, and that you were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Ali P

It wasn't until after we were engaged that my now husband and I realized our only pictures together were phone selfies or ones where we managed to be in the background of someone else's moment. So, we really wanted to take the opportunity to find the perfect photographer for... Read More our wedding in October, not only to document the event itself but also to provide us with meaningful photos that captured us as a couple. We were impressed by Jason's reviews and his work, and his easy demeanor seemed like a perfect fit. I'd say without hesitation that it absolutely was!! From the start, he was super flexible in figuring out a plan to attend both our private ceremony (on a Wednesday) and our big party of a reception (on a Friday night). He also set up a "photo adventure" after our ceremony, so we got to spend the day taking a ton of pictures around town and in some of our favorite spots. That entire day will forever be one of the happiest memories in my life. The pictures from the ceremony, our afternoon on the town, and the reception all turned out absolutely gorgeous and so true to my husband's and my personalities. Everything we could have wanted was in the package of photos he sent us. There is an amazing mix of artistic posed shots and natural moments, highlighting us as a couple, our favorite city, and our favorite people. Our families are also in love with the photos, and all of us had a ball hanging out with Jason the whole time. When we were focused on actually getting married or greeting family and friends, he blended right in; the photography did not distract from anything else, as I've seen happen at other weddings. And when we were doing the more posed shots together, Jason made us comfortable from the first moment we met and expertly guided us into so many beautiful shots. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We were - and are - extremely happy with every element of working with Jason and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Hope V

When we got married last November, photos were really important to us -- they represent, after all, one of the few concrete ways to preserve memories from a day that will be by its very nature a joyful blur. As such, we are happy that we chose to work with Jason Albus. Jason is... Read More a fantastic, professional photographer and a pleasure to work with. His demeanor is calm and friendly and he works fast -- no matter how many photos you want, he's going to get his posed shots quickly and you're going to have more time with your family, your friends, and your new spouse. He'll take a wide variety of candids as well, often with an eye to capture everything that made your ceremony unique. And they're going to come out amazing -- really, his work speaks for itself. Given the quality of his photos and the low-stress way in which he works, his pricing is more than fair. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Melissa G

If i could give more than 5 starts I would. There are just not enough good words in the world to describe how wonderful he was to work with. From our first meeting I felt as though we had been friends for a long time, he customized a package for us that was EXACTLY what we... Read More wanted at a great price! We had our engagement session with so many creative shots to chose from & he truly captured "us" The day of the wedding and days leading up to it were seamless, stress free & the end result was amazing, almost 2,000 pictures to relive the day. He captured our fun loving group of family & friends perfectly & knew just how to manage a rowdy, fun group! We didn't overwhelm him too much with our almost 400 guest wedding reception because he stayed until we felt like we got all the shots we wanted...simply the best there is! He has a great approach to handling the photography biz & I will recommend all day to anyone who asks! Not to mention he had a package that included videography, we can't wait to get our video back to relive the best night ever!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Eva S

I found Jason just through a google search, and I was sold by his website slogan, 'F#ck boring wedding photography'. Jason was wonderful to work with and did an incredible job on our non-traditional engagement and wedding photos. Four months post wedding and I still look at the... Read More photos regularly and smile from ear to ear. I didn't love all the vendors associated with my wedding but I have nothing but good things to say about our photographer. He is great at catching the creative candid shot.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kacie A

Jason Albus was absolutely amazing! We were looking for not only your traditional posed shots for family photos at our wedding, but some really artful candid shots (the goal was to have some of the photographs encompass the bride and groom with the beautiful landscape and... Read More architecture of our venue to go on a "gallery wall" in our home that looked like it belonged right out of an art gallery ). Jason's work was totally on par with what we were looking for and we could not be more elated with how the photos turned out. He was very professional and calm throughout the whole day which really made the day seamless. What a wonderful experience and crazy-talented photographer!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

Jason is everything you'd want in a photographer. He brings a wealth of experience outside of weddings and a keen artistic eye to produce some amazing shots. He made everyone look good! Very easy to work with as well. We were so happy to have him and the wonderful second... Read More photographer he brought at our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Bea B

Jason is AMAZING! I could not have pictured anything better. When we got our wedding photos back I was stunned because they captured the day exactly the way I remembered- like to a T. As much as I tried I was definitely an uptight and anxious bride and Jason made me feel so... Read More relaxed and comfortable - also made sure I was hydrated (KEY!). He was so helpful and really added to the day in so many ways, it was like having another friend around. I also appreciated that he didn't take too many staged photos and caught some very special moments with my family, friends and husband. I really cannot say enough good things about our photos. If you choose Jason you will not be sorry. DO IT!!!!!!! Seriously.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Kelsey B

Jason was our photographer at our wedding and his work is mind blowing and breathtaking! We received soooo many beautiful pictures back from him and it is so fun to be able to relive the day, since he seriously got a shot of EVERYTHING! Everyone who has looked at our photos has... Read More asked if we had two photographers at our wedding because he was able to get so many different angles and captures so many different moments throughout the day. It was really great because with all of the pictures it did not even feel as if he was there. He had everything prepared a head of time, with out being overbearing and trying to control the day with a picture schedule. He was so calm and collected and had so many great ideas. We did not feel rushed with him, he acted as if he wanted to enjoy as much time as he could with us at our wedding and reception. He has incredible talent and I would highly recommend him for whatever style of wedding you are having or whatever location. He can work with anything, and is very responsive to others ideas. Jason is also extremely timely with emails and getting back to his clients. We actually changed our venue three times and he was just supportive and excited to shoot our wedding regardless of the circumstances, which was awesome to have. Thank you Jason for your incredible talent and all of your hard work for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

We were a last minute elopement and Jason not only accommodated us but came through in a spectacular way. Since we eloped and are planning on having a reception later, we decided to get a lot of photos in. We did a variety of locations in under a few hours! Jason ran around with... Read More us, took wonderful photos of the dogs, and got on a plane home all in a day's work. The photos are wonderful and we are getting compliments left and right. My elopement took place in Santa Barbara, CA, and I met Jason at a friend's wedding in Ventura, CA just three weeks prior to our elopement. I highly recommend him for any location - he included his travel in the rate and was super professional on site. Jason has a very special eye for unique photography. I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Angie F

We were so lucky to find such an amazing photographer on short notice! We didn't get to meet with Jason beforehand because we booked him so close to our wedding day but we were able to chat and exchanged a lot of emails. We were confident that Jason knew what we wanted out of... Read More our day and the photos. He got so many amazing shots and captured our day perfectly! His photos told the story of our day. He has such a great eye and captured some candid moments that show the emotion.

Absolutely beautiful & perfect!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Stephanie B

Jason traveled to Madeline island to shoot our wedding this past August and we are blown away by his pictures. From the minute we met him we knew his laid back, cool, journalistic style was just what we were looking for and he did not disappoint! He came to our home the day... Read More before the wedding to see the house and where we were envisioning pictures to get an idea of exactly what we were looking for. He caught all the right details and created stunning photographs that weren't posed or typical boring wedding photography but instead something really unique and special that captured the day perfectly! And at a very reasonable price! He was happy to travel back and forth from where my husband and I were getting ready accommodating us in every way he could. He made us all feel comfortable and was fun to have around. As for the reception we didn't even know he was there but captured everything and didn't leave until he had ensured he got all the moments we wanted. He delivered us photos within 2 weeks as promised and has been very helpful with ordering and creating our album as well. I highly recommend Jason to anyone looking for beautiful wedding photographs that will really stand out and be unique to your day. Two Thumbs up for creativity, price, professionalism and service.

Absolutely stunning photographs!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Laura B

We hired Jason to photograph our wedding this October. We booked him last fall, and are so glad he was still available for our dates. He was incredibly responsive and easy to work with, including graciously letting us reschedule our engagement pictures twice due to poor weather... Read More (we had our hearts set on an outdoor location). Both my then-fiance and I were nervous, but he put us at ease right away, making the whole experience feel fun and easy. He had great suggestions, but also let us be ourselves and captured who we are as a couple. On the big day he again rolled with the punches (I was 20 min. late!) and took stunning photos, both portraits of our family and wedding party, and amazing ceremony photos. We were married outside, and he captured the setting perfectly. One of our favorite parts of the whole day was sneaking away before dinner to take some photos of just myself and my new husband walking around the orchard. It was a beautiful, peaceful experience, and completely stress-free because we knew we could trust Jason to do his thing. It seemed like he knew exactly when to step forward and take a photo, and when to melt into the background and capture the candid moments. I got the photos back in under two weeks and they were breathtaking. I am so incredibly glad we went with a professional photographer, these are photos I am so excited to share with friends, family and future generations. We looked at other photographers in our price range, but felt that Jason was above and beyond and that we were actually getting one of the highest quality photographers out there. He was incredibly professional and fun to work with, I could not be happier!

Albus is one bomb-ass artist

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

We met for a few drinks and inked the deal. Little would we know that Jason would become our friend. He showed up right on time for the engagement shoot and introduced us to Minneapolis again. I hate pictures, and honestly by the end of the day I didn't mind looking at a... Read More camera. That says a lot about Jason. He showed up early for the wedding shoot and spent the day with us. It was like hanging out with our old friend. By getting to know us, Jason got to tell our story. It's intimate work and Jason's photos speak to us every time we look at them. Jason is the real deal; a bomb-ass artist who shows up and tells a beautiful story through his lens. If you're looking for cookie cutter crap, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something that is real and speaks to you, give Jason a call. Thanks, man.

A few steps above the rest!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We wanted something outside typical posed wedding pictures, and were incredibly impressed and delighted. Jason blended in with the scenery, so we were not even aware we were photographed most of the time - which created a relaxed and happy atmosphere. He has an eye for angles... Read More you don't always see, and even the ones where we did pose - were filled with laughter and spontaneity. His pictures were featured in New Orleans article on nola.com "flowers are out, little dogs are in as newest wedding accessory" by Jon Kemp, if you want to catch a glimpse of something extraordinary. Our memories of that day and night were totally caught by Jason. We could not be happier! Christine Morris

WOW!!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Alex G

I cannot say enough good things about Jason. He is easy going, approachable, responsive, artistic, has incredible talent.. My wedding photos are simply stunning. He has captured moments and details that I (the bride) wasn't even aware of. Looking through the photo gallery is... Read More like re-living my wedding through the eyes of someone far more attentive and creative. His slogan of "Never Boring, Always Amazing" couldn't be more true. He put us at ease and brought out the best in us. And on top of all that, he's super cool AND he referred me to the perfect wedding DJ, thus saving me countless hours of scouring the inter-webs. Thank you Jason!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Tena R

Jason shot our wedding on the North Shore and I was a little nervous about pictures on the water because I've seen some really bad ones, but Jason got it right. He got it better than right! They are AMAZING! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photographs. Plus we're having... Read More a hard time narrowing down which ones we want to print since they're all so good! Jason is SO talented and knows how to get the best pictures out of a couple, which is a lot to be said considering how uncomfortable, stressed out or nervous you can be during photos. We liked Jason personally from the first meeting. He's laid back, knows his stuff and friendly. Definitely enjoyed having him around all day at the wedding. His prices, packages and talent are far better than most other photographers'. We went with Jason because his photos are interesting to look at (no boring wedding photos for us!) and because there isn't any BS during the process. You know exactly what you're gonna get and you're not going to be counting to make sure you received your "guaranteed" number of pictures. It was an easy and smooth process working with Jason from beginning to end. Highly recommend Jason if you want someone who keeps things easy during a stressful time and can produce great photos. I would recommend Jason to anyone. We'll definitely use him for any personal shots in the future too!

Great photographer, great photos

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Steve G

Jason takes amazing photos. We are so happy with both our engagement and wedding day shots. In addition to taking great, great photographs, Jason was responsive and easy to work with from the very first email. He is trustworthy, reliable, and easy-going. We loved that he is... Read More forthcoming about his pricing on his website, and found him to be that way in person, too. On the big day Jason needed very little from us. He is experienced enough to get the cool shots, and planned ahead enough to get the shots we'd discussed in advance. We also received our photos quickly after our wedding--a major plus. We could not recommend Jason more!

The best ever!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015

Jason and Melissa were the best in so many ways. I believe that it is important for wedding photos to truly capture the emotion of joy, laughter, and love of the people on that special day. That is exactly what we got from Jalbus Photo's beautiful pictures! Jason and Melissa are... Read More so real and they have an eye for the creative aspects of these emotions! It is so obvious there is passion for photography with these two! They make you as comfortable as can be and blend into the day, capturing so many details. I was truly blown away when I saw my son's wedding pictures, they are absolutely perfect and match their personality! So many friends have commented that they have never seen such amazing wedding photos. If you're reading this review wondering if you should book them-do it now!

Jason Albus

Born in 1982, in Hartford, CT. Raised in central Minnesota. Proud to have called Minneapolis home for over ten years. Now split time between New Orleans and Minneapolis. I have shot weddings in 15 states and 3 countries. I've been shooting since the age of 16. I learned on film & spent hundreds of hours in the darkroom back when darkrooms were still a thing. I fell in love with photography instantly. I'm extremely grateful to call my passion my career. I consider my clients like family.