Cakes completely from scratch

We make cakes 100% from scratch, to order. We never use shortening, or freeze our cakes (two things to look out for!), and the only limit to the design is your imagination. Our cakes aren't the sugary-sweet, fluffy stuff that you find at most bakeries, they are more rich and less sweet.

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

11511 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA (310) 478-1971

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 KIm F

Jamaica's Cakes made the perfect cake for my Wedding. I am vegan and my Husband is not, as well as most of our guests. So I wanted a vegan wedding cake that everyone would love and that tasted better than any non vegan cake. Well Jamaica's vegan cakes are the best cakes my... Read More husband and I have tasted! We got 3 different flavors, and everyone at our wedding raved about the cake! Also the design of our cake was so beautiful. Better than I could have imagined. She was able to execute the design I was looking for with just a few vague photos. It really was the one of the highlights of my wedding! Also Jamaica and her staff were very friendly and easy to work with. I was never stressed or worried about my wedding cake at all. Since our wedding I have already ordered another cake for my husband's birthday and I will probably order another one for our anniversary and really any accusation I can think of because that is how tasty their cakes are!

2016-10-19T14:12:37 Response from the vendor

We're so glad that you're such a fan of Jamaica's Cakes. We just love loyal clients, like you and so glad you were pleased. Best Wishes Always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Samantha L

WHERE DO I START. Seriously could not be more thrilled with this company. I was married in August, in Malibu California - and being a true laid back Californian meant i wanted to be a laid back bride. I sent Jamaica photos of cakes i liked, shots of the venue and some "vibe"... Read More shots and she nailed it. The cake itself was absolutely delicious! We had multiple flavors with a gorgeous white frosting and it was absolutely stunning. Not to mention affordable! I was shocked what an absolute steal it was. My florist left flowers for Jamaica to place on the cake and she did such a fabulous job. On time, good pricing, kind and professional. So thankful to not have had to worry about any issues with the cake during my planning or on my and my husbands special day :)

2016-10-19T14:08:17 Response from the vendor

Wow, what a glowing review! So glad you were pleased. We really appreciate that you took the time to write this review! Best Wishes Always, Jamaica, James and the Team

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Trevor L

Jamaica did a fantastic job with our wedding cake! She and her team worked with our florist to create a multi-flavored, beautiful white fondant cake decorated with coral flowers. My wife and I got a piece of the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and, by far and away, it... Read More tasted better than any wedding cake either of us has ever eaten. My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to eat more of it that night! I look forward to digging into the top tier, which we have saved for our one year anniversary. I would 100% recommend Jamaica's cakes to anyone looking for a top-notch wedding cake vendor.

2016-10-14T19:03:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. So glad that you were pleased! Best Wishes Always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Frank P

Jamaica saved our wedding! She was able to put together a beautiful cake for us in the last days before our wedding when we had still not secured the services of a baker because I had been irresponsible. Not only was the cake functional, many guests mentioned this was the... Read More best cake they ever had and I have to say I agree with that assessment. She also doubles as a great shrink. I was freaking out about this cake until she told me to chill and that everything would be okay. Choose Jamaica!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michelle B

Jamaica's Cakes made the cake for my Bel-Air Country Club wedding in April and it was the most delicious cake ever! I still have guests telling me how good our wedding cake was. In fact, it was so good that my husband and I ate the top layer a week later instead of saving it for... Read More our anniversary! I did tastings with other bakeries and the cakes were basically all unimpressive and expensive whereas Jamaica's were moist, delicious, and affordable! The staff was super easy to work with too!! I can't recommend them enough :)

2016-10-23T18:48:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much to taking the time to write this review! So glad that everyone was pleased with the cake and the service! Best to you always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jessie S

I absolutely loved Jamaica Cakes. It was my grandmas favorite cake place in the world so I felt like I had her at the wedding with me. The cake was delicious and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I

2016-10-23T18:51:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review and for the lovely compliment! Best wishes always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kara E

When I went in search of vegan wedding cakes in Southern California Jamaica's was one of a couple I found. After getting some samples to try with my fiance there was no question we were ordering one! We showed her some pics of what we wanted and we got exactly what we hoped... Read More for and more! She used the extra flowers I got from my florist and delivered directly to my venue without a hitch. My guests devoured my cake and I barely got any! When I told folks it was vegan they were shocked... and then they went back for seconds. Thanks Jamaica for a gorgeous cake! We'll definitely be coming back for other events and more vegan treats!

2016-10-23T18:55:17 Response from the vendor

Nice! So glad you and your husband and guests were pleased with the vegan cake. We pride ourselves in making delicious vegan desserts and we are delighted to hear we met your expectations. Best wishes always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Hayley D

We loved Jamaica's Cakes! They did a perfect job with the two cakes we ordered. They were exactly what we imagined and described. And they were reasonably priced. We will definitely be using them in the future.

2016-10-19T14:09:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're so glad you were pleased! Best wishes always, Jamaica, James and the Team

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Erin M

They are fantastic! We ordered two vegan cakes for our wedding, and they were delicious and beautiful. We also loved their tasting box, where we could mix and match different flavors of cake, icing and filling. We got so many compliments from our guest on the cakes,... Read More especially the lemon cake. The service is also excellent - they are easy to work with, professional and punctual. Highly recommended!

2016-10-14T15:03:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. So glad you and your guests were pleased with the cake! Best wishes always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Sarah G

I have used Jamaica's cakes for birthdays for years now. It was only natural that I called her for my wedding cake too! My husband doesn't really like cake so we had to get crafty. We picked up an "At Home Tasting Kit" to mix and match flavors and in the end we picked 5... Read More different flavors with a "semi-naked" frosting aesthetic. The cakes were SUPERB! I even had a few friends ask me who made our cakes because they wanted to use them in the future as well. Thank you Jamaica and team! Our cakes were amazing and we will definitely be stopping in for more cake soon.

2016-10-14T15:05:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! And we're delighted that you were pleased the at home tasting and with the wedding cake. Best wishes always, Jamaica, James, Ciza and the Team

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Benjamin S

We hired Jamaica to make our wedding cake, and it was such a great decision in so many ways. We had a semi-naked chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting, and a strawberry mousse and whipped cream filling, and just typing those words makes me want to eat it all again. But... Read More let’s be honest, the two things you probably care most about are: Q. Did it look beautiful? A. YES Q. Was it delicious? A. HELL YES On top of that Jamaica herself was really helpful while we were organising it all. She was always happy to suggest practical and tasty combinations to fit our vague notions of what we wanted from a cake; she prepared a tasting selection for us to take home and enjoy as part of the most delicious breakfast I’ve ever had, and she went out of her way to accommodate a couple of very specific requests we had. In conclusion, if you want a fabulous wedding cake, I STRONGLY recommend Jamaica.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

We adored the cake. It was gorgeous, on time and professional decorated. Everyone packed it up to go and the venue owner who had assured me that "no one will eat the cake" had to eat his words. Best taste around!! The bride told me that one guest packed it up to take home to... Read More his mom :-) Thank you thank you!!

Best wedding cake!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

We used Jamaica cakes for our wedding and it was the most delicious cake I've ever had! My husband and I have been vegan for almost 3 years and we love our sweets so it was very important to have a good quality vegan cake that didn't taste like bland or dry. Our cake turned out... Read More perfect! Our guests preferred it over the non vegan sheet cake that was served to the non vegans. It's was so delicious and they were such a please to work with. I would highly recommend them and will definitely be using them for all future events!

Gorgeous and Delicious Cake + Great Service

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Orly C

I have a dairy allergy and was looking for a vegan option for our wedding. Jamaica's Cakes was EXACTLY what I was looking for. They had a "try it home" option, which included three different cakes (vanilla, chocolate, red velvet) + multiple frosting options. My husband and I... Read More were able to try all the flavors out of the comfort of our own home and choose our favorite combination. Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL and our guests loved it! No one even knew it was vegan. We got red velvet with cream cheese topping. I would recommend Jamaica's Cake for anyone looking for a delicious and no fuss option!

Delicious, rich cakes

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Sarah G

Delicious cake, great person to work with. My only regret is that I didn't manage to meet Jamaica in person, because she seemed so nice! We almost didn't have a cake at our wedding. My husband isn't a cake kinda guy - we were considering a sundae bar and other alternative... Read More desserts and decided on a whim to check out cake options too. Luckily Jamaica offers tastings to go. We placed the order and picked up a box full of different cake flavors (I think there were 5 or 6) and about two dozen small containers of frosting. Every combination was amazing, but we did manage to settle on three layers. Our cake was made to feed 100. We had 90 people at our wedding and I have photographic evidence of people with second servings, so needless to say it was a hit. We did end up taking home most of our top layer too, so the size was perfect.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Kirsten J

My husband and I got married this past weekend and had the most STUNNING wedding cake from Jamaica's Cakes!! Apart from it being absolutely delicious, super flavorful and moist (top tier red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting; and bottom tier chocolate cake with peanut butter... Read More mousse and chocolate mousse), the design and look was exactly what we wanted. Jamaica is so easy to work with and took care of every detail, from early on at our cake tasting, to the day of preparation, even coordinating with our florist to chose the best flowers to add onto the cake. We were so very happy with our wedding cake and completely recommend Jamaica's Cakes for weddings and any occasion!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

Wonderful experience working with Jamaica to create our wedding cake design. We had a 90% vegan wedding (the rest vegetarian) and people were convinced that the cake was in the 10% that was vegetarian because it tasted so delicious! Love love love their cake and will come back... Read More here again if I need a special occasion cake!

Nailed it!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Lyndi C

Jamaica was the first and only baker we met with for our wedding. I knew what I wanted to get out of the look for our cake, but had a horrible time trying to explain it, haha. Jamaica was patient, professional, and so kind throughout the process, and the end result was EXACTLY... Read More what we wanted! The first time I saw the cake was as I passed by it on my way to the ceremony, and I was so excited and so happy!! Just as important, our guests raved about it! They loved the taste as well as the design. I've said many times that I feel truly fortunate to have assembled the team of vendors we did for our wedding, and I love that Jamaica was a part of that team. Our cake is still easily one of my favorite things about our wedding!

Charming Disney Cake

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Celila G

Professional, easy to access, responsive, creative, unique, elegant. We were so pleased with the final product. The cake was tasty and stunning. They also provide cupcakes for two our wedding guests that were celebrating their bday on our wedding day. Since Jamaica's is local,... Read More we now use them for all of our cake needs. We wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Love how the tasting is set up, have it in house or take home.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Heather L

I am so glad we went with Jamaica's Cakes. We needed something that would feed 100 people on a budget, but didn't want a standard white on white wedding cake. Jamaica totally did the job right. We were able to select two different cakes (a 2 tier strawberry lemonaid cake for... Read More cutting and a chocolate peanut butter sheet cake) and still came in under budget. She really listened to us when describing what we liked and disliked for style and came up with an adorable design that matched our cake toppers. I couldn't have been happier with the service.

Simply Amazing & DeLish!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Jamie M

Looking for a bakery for our destination wedding in Santa Monica was hard, but I saw excellent reviews on the Knot and just had to inquire for myself.. Jamaica is so nice to work with and she had so many different types of flavored cakes and wedding cakes to offer. She... Read More definitely brought our vision into reality and couldn't believe how beautiful and delicious our wedding cake was esp since we had the bavarian and chocolate mousse fillings.. I highly recommend Jamaica's Cakes for any type of event!!!

Perfect wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Katie E

Everyone LOVED our wedding cake- chocolate with white chocolate buttercream! I had people come up to me and mention they were going to stop by Jamaica's to place their own orders! Working with Jamaica's was a great experience. Thank you for creating such a memorable cake!

SO good!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Lisa S

My wedding planner ordered my cake from Jamaica's. We didn't even try it until our wedding night---it was a special wedding cake---because I'm allergic to dairy. This vegan wedding cake was the best cake I have ever tasted! It went so fast, we didn't have any left over.

my wedding cake

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Tulip341 Y

we went on our 1st appt. to taste all flavors of cake they have, we decided to do chocolate with natural flowers. they did a good job, except they put the wrong flowers, we asked for cherry blossoms, and they used anemones, dont get me wrong it was pretty, but not what we ask... Read More for.

Beautiful Cake