Janelle Brooke Photography Inc

Serving the Tristate Area, NY

Simple. Candid. Artistic. Fun. Elegant.

The Janelle Brooke Photography Team is a collaborative group of artists, providing a one-of-a-kind boutique experience that is fun, personal & enjoyable.

Other Styles

Boudoir, Trash the Dress

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Serving the Tristate Area, NY

The Most Wonderful Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Diana A

Janelle Brooke Photography was hands down our favourite vendor from our wedding. They had photographed the weddings of 2 acquaintances over the last few years and I knew from seeing those pictures I needed to have them at my wedding! From the first day that we contacted them, Terrie and Janelle were extremely hands on and so warm towards us. As a bride I knew I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with a videographer following us around the day of the wedding, so we felt we could spend that extra bit of money on having the most stunning pictures possible – and Janelle and Terry definitely helped us achieve this. Their style was exactly in line with that I wanted –intimate, elegant, and real (no stiff posing & positioning here!). They captured so much of the emotion and excitement of the day. My now-husband and I live in London and got married in New York – which in itself created a stressful wedding planning situation. These women bent over backwards to fit us in for meetings and Skype sessions. They were a pleasure to work with, always reachable, and happy to help. You can feel the kindness, warmth, and patience they have for each and every one of their clients. They worked with us every step of the way and we came out with the most beautiful photos of the most memorable day. I cannot recommend using them enough, we are so happy with all of their work.

Amazing and worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Becky W

Janelle & team are the best in the business. We were hesitant on spending that much on a photographer for our wedding. We are so glad we did. They are extremely talented, make your day all about you and sit down and walk you through every step of the process. Not to mention how absolutely amazing the results are. Our pictures are amazing! Thank you so much Janelle! Sincerely, Bobby & Becky

Love captured through a picture

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Lindsay O

I found Janelle while researching photographers on theknot.com and really liked her style. Once my now husband and I met with her, she completely understood what I was looking for and I feel in love with her vision. She was able to show me examples and capture the most beautiful and different photos. For such an overwhelming time, Janelle and Terri and the team simplified the process to make it work for me and my budget. We used Janelle for our engagement photos, wedding photos and photo booth. She took the most incredible photos that will forever let me remember the most amazing day of my life. Janelle and Terri made my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera which is a task in itself! In the end, Janelle and her team captured everything I could have wished for and more. She made it an easy, simple, creative and wonderful experience in all the stress of a wedding. I don't often recommend vendors or people because everyone has different tastes, but this is my exception! We loved every second of working with Janelle!

Classic, Timeless, Stunning Photos to Last a Lifetime!

Reviewed on 3/18/2015

I'm a wedding planner here on Long Island and when it came time to plan my own wedding I knew that the only person who I wanted to capture life's most monumental day was Janelle Brook and her Team. I had worked with JBP for years and have always recommended them to my clients. Their work is simply beautiful and timeless. They capture moments in the most stunning light and I can promise you will not be disappointed in making this investment. They are constantly going above and beyond what they have to do for clients, putting countless hours and detail into producing a unparalleled product. They love for their craft is noticeable in every photo they take. They offer a full service products that includes, save the dates, website design, custom made thank you's, holiday cards and of course all of your photos needs. JBP will be your photographer for a lifetime. Investing in your wedding photographer is investing in your family memories for years to come.

The Absolute Best

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Dayna B

We had a wonderful experience leading up to our wedding shoot. The team met and exceeded our expectations on our big day. Despite the rainy weather we were able to take amazing pictures that both of us will remember for the rest of our lives!

Amazing. Period.

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Amanda B

Janelle Brooke Photography has been with us since my now husband hired Terrie for a surprise "Proposal Shoot" in Central Park! Since then, Janelle and Terrie have shot our engagement shoot and our wedding. They even did our photo booth and I have to say all our guests loved their photos. As for us, these girls are truly amazing. They are professional, thoughtful, artistic and SO MUCH MORE! Their creative eye and quality of service can not be matched. I would also recommend to do an engagement shoot, not only to have more awesome photos but to also get to know your photographer and their style of shooting. We will recommend them highly, always!!!!

Best Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Justine O

I fell in love with Janelle's work two years ago when she shot my friend's wedding. I had to have her shoot mine, and luckily we were able to book her. Out of all the vendors we had for our wedding, she was the nicest and sweetest to work with. Her company answers emails and phone calls promptly, and she and Terrie were almost like wedding planners on our wedding day! They drove all the way up to Poughkeepsie from Long Island and did not charge us extra. She also stayed for the entire wedding! They are so professional and know exactly what they are doing. We were amazed by our photo's and I still can't stop staring at them. We are so grateful to have worked with she and Terrie!

JBP Team Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Kristen N

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Janelle and her team. I truly believe her photos speak for themselves but its really the support, advice and guidance that Janelle and her team provided that I do not think is highlighted enough. Janelle helped every step of the way from picking a photo style I like to suggesting locations. I spoke numerous times with Janelle about endless wedding items not only photos. The greatest thing I can say about Janelle and team is that they turned my husband into a believer. I cannot tell you how much my husband dislikes taking photos. Our engagement session with Janelle warmed him up to the idea that there would soon be a longer day with even more photos, video and chaos happening. However, as we sat on the balcony on our honeymoon in Costa Rica two days after our wedding, my husband turns and says "I would definitely recommend Janelle and her team to our friends. She knows what shots she needs to get and is not intrusive. Also, Terrie was awesome and all my groomsmen loved." Honestly, I don't think there will be a more difficult critic than my husband and he was more than please.

So happy with my photography choice!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Chrissy S

My husband and I knew we wanted to splurge on photography and I'm so glad we did. At the end of the day, the photos and memories are all that are left, and we knew we wanted amazing photos to remember everything by. Living out of state, we also needed to find somebody that would be easy to work with from so far away. We spoke with so many different photographers and Janelle was clearly the best choice. I was instantly comfortable with her as soon as I met her. She's one of the the only wedding related decisions I didn't second guess! From the day we booked her, I knew we didn't have to worry about anything and that the pictures would be beautiful. At our first meeting, Janelle made it evident that she would do what she needed to do to make us happy- and she absolutely did. We were completely blown away by our photos, and a year later I can't stop looking at them! I'm currently in the final stages of creating our album with the album editor, Kim. She is just as amazing as Janelle and has absolutely gone above and beyond for us. It was almost impossible for me to narrow down 1,100 amazing photos to 100, and I have constantly been making changes. Kim has been so wonderful to work with and I know that once we receive our album, it will be perfect. I recommend Janelle and her team a thousand times over. They will not disappoint!

Wonderful company ran be people who truly love what they do!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Alyssa L

Janelle Brooks Photography did my wedding in October 2013. They did an AMAZING job and I could not have been happier with results. Terri was my photographer and she was awesome. She worked so hard to make sure my day was special. I would recommend JB to anyone. :)

Absolute MUST have...

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 KELLY S

I had the honor and privilege to be JBP's first destination wedding! I had heard about and seen Janelle Brooke in action at a friends wedding on Long Island, which was absolutely to die for... but never did I think I could have her since we decided on a destination wedding. I'm glad we asked anyway! For those of you that decide on the Caribbean you will most likely get sold the island photographer with your package. It will be VERY tempting given the cost differential. But the one constant with all the feedback I got from other brides who chose a destination was how disappointed they were with a local photographer. So I took their advice and lucky me JPB was actually free that weekend and willing to travel with us. We took the plunge :) Janelle and Terri define professionalism, talent and creativity. I had no idea what an asset she was going to be to the entire weekend. If you decide on the islands you will come to find out it doesn't come without its challenges.(many of them, but all worth it!) Janelle and Terri made it bearable, took total control of the schedule and a few details and it worked out perfectly. They were so much more on my page! I was able to enjoy my day knowing they were on it. Given this was going to be a location they had never been to or can just "swing by" one day they actually came a few days before the wedding to scope out shoot locations for our "first look" and monitor the sun activity around the hotel for our big day. I would have never thought of these things! Neither did our wedding coordinator who lives there since we ended up changing quite a few things on the schedule based on Janelle's recommendation.(major difference in photos) It was fantastic, we did it all.. welcome reception, wedding day and day after session. Since we were all on the island, why not! She was worth every penny and the photographs we have tell our entire weekend story with family and friends. I don't think I truly understood what they would bring to that weekend and I am so glad friends steered me their way. At the end of the day, you have your memories and your photos! We can relive that entire weekend through their pictures and it still brings tears every time. They do it better then anyone.

THE BEST OF THE BEST

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Lori T

I can not say enough wonderful things about Janelle Brooke Photography. From the first day I met her I knew I made the right choice and that rang true when I saw my photos. After having a very unpleasant experience with another photographer in the Port Jefferson area I had no choice but to find another photographer 8 months before my wedding. I found Janelle Brooke Photography on the knot.com and went straight to her website. Impressed with her work I rushed to make an appointment. When we finally did meet I was so impressed by her work and her professional manner I also felt extremely comfortable with working with her. This is your wedding day, the most important day of your life and you absolutely need to feel comfortable with your photographer and have that reassurance on your big day. You are a giant bundle of emotions on that day and the last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable with your photographer or awkward. It will show in your pictures (trust me I know). Janelle is wonderful and took away most of my nervousness (if that's possible lol) and my pictures are so natural looking and fun. No sense of distress or being uncomfortable. She captured every great moment I LOVE my pictures. She is wonderful and very talented, and her assistants are just as talented as she is. I have always said "everything happens for a reason" and their certainly was a good reason I had an unpleasant experience the first time...it led me straight to Janelle Brooke Photography and I hope it leads you there as well...you wont be sorry, I promise!!!

JBP is top notch!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jen L

We found Janelle Brooke Photography early in our wedding planning while looking online at venues. I found myself scouring her photos, getting emotional over weddings of people I didn't know! I knew at that moment Janelle was the person I wanted to capture our special day. The first time we met Janelle she was incredibly welcoming and really took the time to get to know us as a couple. Understanding who your client is is truly the first step in a great relationship. We were able to schedule engagement photos shortly after our (very easy) decision to use JBP, I would highly suggest doing the same! It was so much fun to work together and our engagement photos were outstanding. Janelle was extremely professional on our wedding day. She was calm and understanding, and her 2nd shooter was equally as great to work with. They both worked extremely well with our videography team - which was really awesome to see! I look forward to working with JBP in the future - Janelle takes beautiful maternity/newborn photos. We cross our fingers that it won't be too long until we work with her again.

JBP was amazing!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jaclyn K

JBP's team works great together! Janelle is a very talented photographer and so sweet! She was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very understanding, patient and we were so happy that we were able to use her for our wedding last year! Her team was great as well! They all helped us in so many ways, they're unbelievable to work with. We had an amazing wedding and Janelle was able to capture it all in beautiful pictures. We couldn't have been any happier:) Thank you JBP!!! Jackie & Chris A

Best Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Allison G

Janelle was amazing! She was so easy to work with and cared so much about our happiness. Our pictures are beyond beautiful. She captured who we are as a couple. Thanks so much Janelle!

amazing!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Crystal t

I knew I’d want someone special as our photographer not just the typical. I knew I’d want romantic not your average pictures. I wanted someone who could take awesome random shots and the posed shots. I basically just wanted someone awesome :) plus I wanted someone I clicked with. You need to click with a photographer. If you have any dislike your pictures will show it. So as I was having a rough week on my hardcore diet I at first let my fiancé do most of the talking until I perked up from my energy bar when we went to meet her. She was just amazing especially calling my ring bling :) I Just love that word bling! Anyway we just felt so at ease with her. I also loved the idea of a girl photographer because I just saw fun girly times. The day of our wedding she came with Terri and they both got right to work. They were on top of everything. I can’t wait to have babies one day and have her do pictures of our babies :) I am so in love with our wedding photos sneak peek that I’m so surprised we got so fast & cannot wait to see them all! Everyone says they are the best wedding photos they’ve ever seen, like a fairytale.

Janelle made my day!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Kaitie M

There is not enough room here to write about how excellent Jenelle (& terrie!) were at my wedding. Not only is Janelle a photographer, but she would up being my wedding planner for the day. Anyone and everyone who has seen my engagement photos and the beautiful slideshow she put together has been beyond impressed. I am immensely thankful to Janelle for her talents and her patience. She is wonderful to work with. I would refer them to anyone looking for talented people to not only capture a meaningful moment but to create beautiful memories.

We LOVE Terrie and JBP

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Maria C

From the first moment my husband, Danny and I met Terrie at JBP last year we just knew right away that she was perfect as our wedding photographer. She made us feel so special from the start...and the best part, we just clicked with her and felt like we knew her for years! Terrie took the time to not only explain all the wonderful things she would be covering for our engagement shoot and wedding day shoot, but she also took the time to explain all the time and effort she would spend to make our wedding day pictures special and unique to us! Our engagement shoot was certainly a day we will never forget...we spent the day with Terrie taking such beautiful pictures that were completely Danny and I AND we bought pie and flowers! She was so patient, detail oriented and completely took the time to take pictures that captured us as a couple, in style and creativity. Our wedding day was also a day we will remember for ever and now, thanks to Terrie we have pictures that capture the storybook day we had. One moment in particular will always stick out in my mind, the moment before Terrie had me walk down the stairs to see my father for the first time in my dress. Terrie and I were alone in my room and she took some solo pictures of me. She reminded me to take some time for myself that day and I truly think her words calmed me down. Terrie captured the most beautiful moments of my life so far...the moments with my family and now, husband. I can't say enough things about Terrie's creativity, patience to detail and photographic vision. I feel so lucky to have had her capture my wedding day and now be someone I can call a friend! We love her SO much!! Danny & Maria

photojournalistic couture

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Angela T

There are no enough fabulous things to say about the JBP family. I was lucky to have the opportunity to meet with Terrie back in August of 2011, just shy of a month being engaged, to discuss wedding photography packages. I was immediately in love with her personality and with the photojournalistic canvases adorned on the office wall. We were never pressured into anything but I knew, in that instant, that we had found our photographer. We had the opportunity to take engagement photos that fall (included in our wedding package), holiday photos the following year, and my bridal shower all covered by JBP. Every additional shoot and print was at a reasonable cost and arrived on time and spectacular. On the day of our wedding, Janelle arrived on time and with the most inspirational of words. She even helped to abate any bridal situations and helped keep the day moving at a timely pace. Janelle loves to capture nature in her photos and does so with a creative eye. Terrie was also at our wedding- in the day she began with the groomsmen, all of whom had nothing but great things to say about her style and humor. Throughout the wedding, Janelle and Terrie took extra care to ensure all family and friend photos were covered. They even treated us to some on the spot editing of photos. Needless to say, I cannot wait to make our album and am looking forward to having the JBP family photograph future family events!

BEST photographer ever!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2013 jodie b

janelle, terrie and the entire JBP team are AMAZING! i knew i needed to have janelle as my wedding photographer from the moment i saw her work, it was like nothing else i had ever seen before and i was captured by her vision. aside from marrying the love of my life, JBP was the best decision i made when it came to the wedding...they make everything so effortless and fun. i could go on and on but to sum it up they are professional, responsive, easy to work with, and will do anything they can to make your experience better. i will treasure our engagement & wedding photos for the rest of my life....janelle captured our love the way i feel it in my heart and to me that's truly priceless. thank you JBP! PS - the boudoir shoot is a blast! highly highly recommend!

If you want the best, it's Janelle Brooke Photography!

Reviewed on 3/12/2013 Melissa M

My wedding was over 7 months ago and I continue to receive the most glowing compliments about my pictures. From the moment my husband and I met Janelle & Terrie we were in love. They sat with us talking through the editing process, the day of timeline, things we might want to consider day of, etc. and this was all before we even had talked about signing a contract for our wedding. If they spent this much time with us before we committed, we couldn't imagine what it would be like when we did. We could not have been more right when we chose JBP. Janelle & Terrie are so amazing to work with and make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. When we wanted to shoot our engagement photos on the boats at Central Park and then near a church in Chelsea, Janelle & Terrie came up with some additional gorgeous locations in the area to shoot at. They were so responsive to any question I had (and I had many) and never made me feel like I was asking something dumb (which I'm sure I did). I feel so lucky to have found the gem of a team at JBP and I can say without any question in my mind that they are the best of the best. They aren't just shooting your wedding, they are capturing some of the most beautiful memories of one of your most important days of your life. I go through all of my pictures and know that it could not be any better. If you want the best, go with JBP!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Celena M

If I could give more stars I would. Janelle and her team are amazing! I definitely recommend the e-session. My husband didn't think we needed it, but the photos from that day are some of our favorites. It gave us a chance to get to know Janelle and Kim, and also to be more comfortable being photographed. Janelle and her wonderful team gave us personalized attention throughout the process. We also had the photobooth at our wedding. All of our guests loved it, it was fun, and our guests appreciated being able to take home funny photos from the booth. Janelle and her team helped make our special day that much more special!!

fun and memorable!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Ami I

Terrie was our photographer for our wedding day and she was absolutely amazing!!! Even though we are in different states she was totally flexible with our phone calls and meetings to scope out photo locations. She’s super easy to get along with and is such a talented photographer. She’s got a great eye for capturing the moment! I still can’t believe some of the awesome pictures she took of me and my hubby are actually US!!! We’re both just not great in front of the cameras and she just made us feel at ease and we actually had a lot of fun! I still think back to the good laughs we had while taking the photos. She’s also great with kids… our ring bearer can sometimes be a terror but she had him smiling and jumping with joy in the pictures. All of the pictures from our wedding day came out absolutely amazing! I’m so glad we went with Janelle Brooke photography for our special day because the only thing that lasts are photos and memories. I can’t wait to order our canvas photos to proudly display in our home! I would love to work with Terrie again. Maybe when me and my hubby start a family….. :)

LOVE them!

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Jennifer C

When my husband and I discussed the things we would not skimp on for our wedding, photography was number one on both of our lists. After scowling the Internet and hearing numerous recommendations, we kept going back to JBP’s and we are so happy we did. Working with Janelle and Terrie was, and still is an absolute pleasure. They really make you feel like friends rather then customers. From our fun e- session to the big day, Terrie was attentive, thoughtful and extremely talented. I received so many compliments on the quality of our photos linked to the comment “I didn’t even realized she was there!” They captured every moment gracefully and the photo booth was a huge hit. It definitely was a challenge to create our album because there were so many great shots to choose from, but with the help of Terrie and Kim, we got it done, and I am SO excited to see the results! We are forever grateful to Janelle, Terrie and the team for capturing the best day of our lives.

Best vendor at my wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Liliana C

Omg, where do I begin? Let me start by saying I met with over 7 different photographers and none of them measured up. I've seen amazing wedding pictures and I wanted the same for my wedding. I really wanted an amazing photographer who would be able to capture every moment and help me remember the day for the rest of my life!!! I came across Janelle and co.'s website on one of my many days of Internet research, and I instantly fell in love with her work and her fresh approach. Any one of her pictures could be in a bridal magazine. We met with her and decided on the spot that we had to have her. She was always sweet as pie and I never felt like I was doing business. She and her whole team really care. As the big day came closer, her organization, suggestions, and expertise really helped me along the way. Her and her team had everything covered, she even recommended an amazing photo site for us to take pictures! A few weeks before the wedding she told me that she would be providing us with an extra photographer, free of charge, because she was pregnant and didn't want us to miss out on any shots that her pregnancy would prevent her from capturing. We were blown away by this, and were sooooo grateful for how above and beyond she went for us. The day of the wedding everything went according to plan, our entire bridal party felt comfortable with her and her team. We didn't feel rushed yet we also didn't feel like we were taking pictures all day. She treated us like we were pieces of art, and made us all feel special. At one point in the evening I had a bridal meltdown about my venue and janelle was the one that came to my aid and calmed me down. During the party her team was in the thick of things but never in the way. I could NOT wait to see my pictures. On my honeymoon she actually sent us a teaser with like 3 pics and we were sooooo amazed and thrilled with the pictures. When we finally got all 1300 of our pictures we were blown away!!!! Our friends and family were raving about our pictures! They were just absolutely perfect, better then we could have ever expected! Janelle and her team are truly talented artists and I am soooo grateful to have had them apart of the biggest day of our lives! I wish I could give Janelle and her team 10 stars because not only are they some of the most talented crews they are also just a delight to work with!!!

TO Janelle Brooke Photography Inc