Janie Varisco - Wedding Minister-Officiant

Lafayette, LA

Janie Varisco - Wedding Minister-Officiant

$$ - Affordable

Services

Available for Consultation Only, Available for Wedding Day Coordination, Full Coordination Services

502 Paris St, Lafayette, LA

my amazing wedding thanks to J varisco events!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I would recommend J.Varisco events to anyone! She is the best wedding planner a girl could ask for she was prompt on time kept tne bride calm and knew all the right things and words to say to make her happy on her special day if you are looking for someone to take charge and give you no worries J. Varisco events is the place to go!

Happy wife happy life :)

Reviewed on 9/29/2013

j Varisco events made my bride's experience very low stress which made our wedding experience an enjoyable one.

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 9/29/2013

My experience with J Varisco events was more than I could have imagined. The entire staff was so helpful and willing to do whatever was needed to make our wedding day unforgettable. They took all of the stress off of me so I could enjoy my day and make memories with all of the people I love!

GREATEST DAY EVER BECAUSE OF J. VARISCO EVENTS!

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Kaitlyn G

My sister got married last year and she had a wedding planner, her wedding was so organized and ran smoothly. After attending many wedding that did not have that feeling, I knew that I was in need of a wedding planner to make my day just right. I started doing online research and I found J. Varisco Events. I knew the minute I met Janie and Sophia that I had found my wedding planner! Janie has so much spunk and it is obvious that she loves her job! For those of you that plan to hire her, you will not get to meet Sophia but I feel as though it is still important to mention how amazing she was! Janie and Sophia fed off of one another and together they came up with amazing ideas! We had a few bumps in the road with where I wanted my wedding to take place and my budget. I was upset that I could not afford the venue I had originally picked and 5 months before my wedding we changed the venue. I panicked....WHERE WAS I GOING TO HAVE MY WEDDING!!! I wanted something out of the ordinary. Janie stayed on the phone and finally found the lafayette science museum...turns out they were more than happy to let me have my ceremony and reception there! It also turns out that everything happens for a reason, my wedding was PERFECT and I couldnt imagine it being anywhere else. I would have never thought to do my wedding there, but because I had Janie, my dreams came true! J Varisco Events provides such great service and Janie was there for me every step of the way, even with personal things if I needed. Janie and I remain friends today because she is a beautiful person! I am so happy with my choice and so grateful for her and Sophia. THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE! Love y'all :) Oh....Janie is also a justice of the peace so she actually said my ceremony...it was beautiful :)

Planner

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Courtney J

Janie was absolutely amazing! She made our day perfect!

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Shari G

I am an event planner in Atlanta, GA and was contracted to do a destination wedding in Lafayette. I was also in the wedding so I needed a local planner to assist with the day of activities and set up. Janie and her team did a fantastic job of decorating the rooms and executing the rehearsal and ceremony. She knew exactly what our vision was and made it happen. Her communication and follow up are great! I would definitely recommend. -Shari Green- Food Passion Catering & Events, Atlanta, GA

A great wedding planner is Janie Varisco.

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Nafissa C

The best part of a wedding planner is not just planning. A great wedding planner will take the time to know a bride and to understand her personality, and that is what Janie Varisco did. I was able to enjoy every moment of my wedding due to her diligence, patience and bubbly personality.When Janie states that it is going to be great, then be reassured that it is going to be great. Your day will look and feel amazing. Not only has she mastered her craft, she puts her heart into it. Her ultimate goal is to make you happy. With Janie at my side through the process until the end, my wedding was phenomenal.

Varisco Events Made Reception Successful!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Laurie J

J Varisco Events handled our Wedding Reception. After our wedding, my husband and I walked out of the church and said our goodbyes to our guests as we got in our truck and drove away. Unfortunately, we managed to hit a post in the church parking lot ... wiith every one of our guests watching - just 10 feet away!! It was incredibly embarassing. Upon looking at the huge dent in the back of our truck, the promise of our honeymoon taking a hit was inevitable!! We had to then drive to our reception a few miles away. When we arrived at the reception hall, I noticed that J Varisco Events had already set up. Janie assured me that we would not be disappointed, and boy did she deliver!! The music was hand-picked to our specifications. About halfway through our reception, the J Varisco Events deejay asked for everyone's attention. He then told us that the bride & groom had an accident in the church parking lot and immediately offered a solution. He said that everyone needed to do a money dance (pin money on the new couple) and affectionately called it "The Deductible Dance" (to meet our insurance deductible) ... WHAT AN IDEA!! Not only did we meet our deductible, any sense of embarassment was immediately erased, and everyone had a fabulous evening!! Janie's staff of professionals made our reception one of the most memorable events ever. Everyone got out on the dance floor and celebrated our marriage!! From the youngest at 6 months old, to the oldest guest at 83, J Varisco Events were largely responsible for making our reception a huge success!! Thank you, J Varisco Events!! I have referred you so many times to other engaged couples. Your service is incredible, your prices are reasonable, and you took the worry out of our special day!!

Need a pro to help plan your anniversary party? Y

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Jodie M

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this year and he decided to throw "me" a surprise anniversary party with all of our closest friends and family. Never having the experience to hire an event planner before, my husband hired Ms. Varisco. Being a male trying to plan a surprise was not to be overlooked by Ms. Varisco. She made sure that everything that we wanted was included. Usually, you only anticipate receiving the planning services you pay for, but Ms. Varisco came with so much more. Not only did she plan everything perfectly, consulted and noticed all of the many things that were important to us and made sure they were all included. She also made sure that we got to see everything once we got there. It was nice to have someone walk you around and show you all that was there. You can get so distracted by guests that you forget to do that. I know I did when I got married 25 years ago. I couldn't even tell you what kind of food was served at my reception. Of course, I didn't have Ms. Varisco there to make sure of that. Her personality is genuine and warm and it's just as important to her as it is to you that you get all you wish for. Highly recommend!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Esther L

I am an apathetic bride and the only part I really wanted to participate in was finding the perfect dress. Once that was accomplished, I wanted nothing else to do with the wedding. Luckily for me, my husband's "other mother" is Janie! With two weddings, one me and my husband's respective hometowns, I was stressed, to say the least. However, Janie not only talked me through the first wedding and alleviated much of my stress but she and my mother-in-law planned and executed the second wedding without my having to do a thing! I only communicated to both the budget, theme, colors, and food preferences and they did the rest. My husband and I weren't even allowed to see the hall until the day of, which was beautiful and amazingly arranged. The food was spectacular and they were able to do it all way under our budget! I have to say that if I were to do it over, I wouldn't have even bothered with the first wedding. Janie, her crew, and my mother-in -law did such a wonderful job that I couldn't have asked for anything more. Perhaps I am biased because we are family but, really, no other coordinator could have done as much as she did for us. She even has the nicest staff! Throughout the wedding, they made sure that I had my favorite drink, which they had set aside, every time I went to the bar. The caterer saw that we were running low on food halfway through and had more food delivered without us even knowing! It was only after the wedding that Janie had mentioned what had happened. Rex, the DJ, was a riot and had everyone laughing and dancing. And the cake! I sent Janie a picture of my dream wedding cake and she had the bakery recreate it perfectly, not the mention the astounding groom's cake. It was so easy and fun that the evening passed by much too quickly, much to my chagrin. Although, with the cases of wine left over from our wedding, I know that our trip to Louisiana for Christmas will be an especially jolly one! Cheers to J Varisco Events!

Super creative planning

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Cassie G

J Varisco Events has made my wedding planning a breeze! I had originally planned to take care of everything on my own for my wedding, but when my reception hall fell through, Janie was there to save the day. She found the most affordable option for me and has helped me put the pieces back together. She Also recommended the best vendors! Couldn't be happier with my experience with J Varisco Events!

5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 DANIELLE M

Ms. Janie and her staff are great and can handle everything! I would definitely recommend J. Varisco Events!! We had a invitation only/guest list wedding and reception and the staff was very professional and courteous to the guests.

Very helpful!

Reviewed on 12/29/2011 Jill B

I hired Janie for her "day of" package and she helped in more words than I can say. Her staff was also very helpful! I would hire her again for any event!

Competence, times 10

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Ali E

Although I have not actually had my wedding yet, I hired Janie and her staff to handle everything for me. Janie has been instrumental in helping me choose vendors, negotiating prices and helping me make those tough decisions that come with wedding planning. Her experience and energy have had a calming effect on me and I would definitely recommend J Varisco Events for anyone needing help with their wedding planning.

organizer

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Gwen W

Janie Varisco was a life saver for my daughter's wedding. Being this is our only daughter and our first wedding ,we did not know what to expect. Janie gave me all of the warnings and expectations to ensure a smooth sailing event. Thanks to her and her efficient and friendly staff things did run smoothly. In hindsight, I can not imagine taking care of the things I thought I could have. I'm so glad I took her advice and had Janie and her staff there for the most important day of our daughter's life. We had compliments on the wedding for 4 months after the event. Thank you Janie and David her husband, the awesome dj.for all you did, The music was awesome as well.

J.Varisco MADE my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Rachel S

Janie and her team made our wedding more than i could have ever dreamed! The entire engagement was peaceful and stress free. Janie took care of every detail right down to the napkins! The only stress I had was the normal "cold feet". I recommend brides in the Lafayette area call JVarisco Events.

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Jillian D

Mrs. Janie and her staff are amazing! They did the day of coordination for our wedding and also ran our rehearsal the night before. It was a major blessing to have someone else taking care of details so my friends, family, and I could get ready without any stress. When our Pastor was worried about running late due to the weather, Mrs. Janie handled the situation gracefully and without me knowing about it! Their work is priceless! They are also fun to be around! I highly recommend J Varisco Events! You will not be dissapointed!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 april A

Janie was truely a brides dream come true!!! Our wedding was absolutely everything we wanted because of her. I was completely stress free, she handled everything perfectly. We had a difficult time finding the perfect place and Janie stuck with me through the whole process and found us a more than perfect place in New Orleans where we originally wanted to get married. She went above and beyond her duties to make us happy!! We would not have changed a thing on our wedding day and we have her to thank!!! I would recommend her and her team to anyone getting married!

So Easy!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2011 Stefanie R

Janie and her staff were a true blessing. Not only were they super organized and very helpful, they were perfect at keeping our wedding day running smoothly and timely so I was able to just relax and enjoy my day. If something went wrong, we didn't know about it. Even if you don't think you need help planning all the details you at least need them for their "day-of" services, TRUST ME!! It was amazing to not have to worry about where my flowers were, or if my cake was delivered on time. The day went perfectly and I have to give J. Varisco Events the credit.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 12/29/2010 Chasity H

Janie & her staff were incredible. They thought of every detail. I hired her as a day of coordinator for my outside park wedding. I should have had her coordinate the entire thing. We was wonderful, I would highly recommend them.

Janie Is Fabulous!

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 Aprill S

I would recommend Janie to any bride anywhere. She worked with my mother-in-law to pull together a huge rehearsal dinner in no time at all, and she made the wedding day spectacular! Janie was very flexible and creative, and gave us the confidence not to worry about the details! We all loved her.

2010-12-07T15:01:52 Response from the vendor

April, Thank you for the kind words. I really enjoyed working with you, your Mom and your Mother in Law. Hope married life is treating you well.

Great Planner!

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Adoria R

Janie was a great planner! She helped with all of the wedding details and went above and beyond to make my day a dream come true. I would recommend her to anyone that wants a planner and great friend through the process! I loved her!!! She is the best.

2010-12-07T16:57:28 Response from the vendor

Aoria, thanks for such a nice testimonial. I hope you are enjoying married life.

Must Have!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Annie G

Mrs. Janie is a must have!! She made sure she got to know me and made my wedding custom to me. Very professional and helped me in more ways that just being the wedding planner!! LOVED LOVED LOVED Her!! I would give her 10 stars if there were that many to give. She was outstanding!!

2010-12-09T14:23:52 Response from the vendor

Annie, It was a pleasure to work with you and your Mom. I hope married life is treating you well. Thanks for sharing your day with me.

TO Janie Varisco - Wedding Minister-Officiant