Where The Party Lives!

Your wedding is important to us, that is why we want to make sure to give you all the special touches to make your day memorable. What makes us unique in this business is that we blend, beat mix, and can read the crowd like DJs are suppose too. J-ARE Entertainment will make sure to keep you and your guests on the dance floor once the party starts! We sit down with every couple to go over the playlist, announcements, and the grand introduction - we actually listen to what you want! We can create a customized playlist for your ceremony so it is seamless. This service will include two wireless microphones to facilitate speeches, party lights for the dance floor, and coverage for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Call or text me and see why brides love our work Cheery!

Caribbean, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

Reviewed on 3/16/2018 Alyssa M

I can't say enough about how great JR was. The first time we met him we knew he was our choice. We saw how excited he was discussing his services with us. JR had my 88 year old grandmother on the dance floor and it was packed the whole night. Thank you so much JR for making... Read More our day great without skipping a beat.

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Megan H

Great music all night. Everyone no matter what age was on the dance floor

2018-01-10T07:39:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Megan!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Jennifer W

JR was great. He was enthusiastic the whole night. He played amazing music and got guests on the dance floor. He also took some videos and pictures for us. HIGHLY Recommend :)

2017-12-03T15:55:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review, Jennifer, it was a pleasure working with you and Josh. I had a great time as well.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Sandra M

Absolutely fantastic job. Everyone complimented me on my DJ J.R. He kept a great pace and would check on me routinely too see if i needed anything.

2017-11-07T18:10:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Sandra for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you and Timothy.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 A M

Very professional, great music collection, best dj ever, he went out his way i would call him my coordinator, handled all the glitches that was not his fault very well.

2017-10-16T18:14:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review, Ashley! It was a pleasure working with you and Sharod.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Lesley W

J-ARE Entertainment provided our wedding with the best music and entertainment possible! JR was SO easy to work with -- and all my guests raved how awesome he and Greg were during the night. Greg was out on the dance floor with guests, while JR continued to play any requests... Read More myself or guests had. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend J-ARE for your next event!

2017-09-27T20:46:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much, Lesley! It was truly awesome to be a part of yours and Matt's wedding.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Esther C

My husband and I as well as all my guests loved our DJ! We had a Korean wedding and JR was so nice and understanding with all our needs and genuinely wanted to help us have the best day ever! If you want a vendor who will work with you to make sure you have a great wedding,... Read More definitely hire J-ARE Entertainment.

2017-09-18T18:23:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review, Esther! It was a n honor working with you.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kaitlyn C

What a wonderful experience we had working with JR! We recently used him as DJ for our wedding and we had a blast. I was on the dance floor the entire night along with many of our guests (and my husband who does not dance)! He played such a great selection of his music, my... Read More requests, and requests from our guests. He was so easy to work with and very flexible. I had requested a few meetings with him which he was always willing to accommodate whether it be over the phone or in-person. The night before my wedding I had some last minute changes to go over which he had no problem accommodating. One of my concerns for the ceremony was the mic system. I wanted our guests to be able to hear my husband and I but I didn't want a microphone set up between us. JR did an awesome job of working with the mic hooked up to our pastor so that when my husband or I were speaking, the volume was turned up so even those far away could hear us which was exactly what I wanted! I would highly recommend JR for a wedding or any other event!

2017-09-16T11:02:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much, Kaitlyn! It was truly an honor to work with you guys.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Janet M

Awesome DJ! So personable and flexible. Great communication, no issues what so ever. Everyone complimented on what a great DJ we had for the wedding. Would definitely recommend!

2017-09-11T14:19:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Janet! It was a pleasure working with you and Joe.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Emily P

I can't express enough on how JR was great from the beginning we met him to the end. He was very professional and very accommodating. I don't think we would have found a better DJ. He had everyone dancing. My in-laws aren't even dancers and he had them up dancing.. Thank you... Read More JR!

2017-08-07T14:07:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily! It was a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017

JR was fantastic ! Very accomodating. Not only did he play all of our requests but got everyone at our smaller reception moving out on the dance floor. Please hire JR he is GREAT.

2017-07-17T20:01:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Karen! I appreciate your kind review.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Joseph K

Best DJ I ever had and I would hire him for any event. RJ is very accommodating knows how to mix in music of any kind, knows his stuff, and very knowledgeable of music....He made our wedding one to remember! Hire this guy you won't be disappointed!

2017-05-15T18:07:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much sir. I appreciate it the kind review.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Tracy T

JR Entertainment is who you want to book...150% . He had the dance floor packed. In fact, I never once left the dance floor. Every time I went to do something a song would drawl me back onto the dance floor. Amazing, friendly, and professional. I will have JR....DJ all our... Read More events.

2017-05-15T13:01:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tracy! I had a blast DJing for your reception.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Nicole D

J Are is awsome!!!! I Found him on The Knot and booked him in June 2016 for my March 17, 2017 Wedding. From the time I booked him until the end of my wedding, he was very accommodating and very easy to get along with. Let's just start from the beginning I did a lot of research... Read More in regards to cost and quality before I hired any of my wedding vendors. I found J Are on wedding wire and instantly contacted him since he had nothing but good reviews and his prices were amazingly reasonable. My main request when it came to a DJ was to have everyone up, dancing, and having fun since it was a St. Patrick's Day Wedding. I also wanted a DJ with a reasonably priced projector and screen because my parents both passed away and this was going to be one of the best ways to honor them by having their pictures playing as I danced with my brother during the father daughter dance. J Are defiantly accommodated both of my wishes. We meet several times throughout the planning process and every time he came to me so that I didn't have to travel far. He was very easy to get a hold of anytime I needed him. I gave him a list of songs that I liked and he played every one of them as well as all of the songs that my guest requested the night of. The day of my wedding he arrived early (In fact earlier than me) which is awesome and was ready to party and get my guest up and dancing as I wished. My slide show was amazing and I received nothing but compliments about how fun my wedding was and how good my DJ was. I highly recommend J Are and I would surely hire him again for any of my future DJ needs!!!!

2017-04-24T20:35:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your nice words Nicole! It was a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Debbie F

JR was great. He kept everyone on the dance floor with great tunes and did not talk too much, which we appreciated. JR is very responsive and helpful. We had several toasts and a song performance by our siblings. He was there for us every step of the way during the planning... Read More process which we appreciate. We highly recommend JR to anyone looking for a great DJ. Thank you JR!

2017-02-17T08:52:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Emily C

There isn't a single thing I can complain about regarding J-Are Entertainment. JR was a great DJ, keeping everyone involved in our reception dancing and having fun all night. We had sent him some last-minute song changes/requests the night before that he added in without a... Read More problem. He was so personable and professional as well the whole evening. He really understood when to be professional when announcing (like our entrances). Everything throughout the entire process was perfect and better than we expected.

2017-02-15T09:02:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Emily!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Josh G

JR is the best DJ of all time. I explained our vision for the party and he came through mixing our preferences and must-plays which kept the dance floor busy all night. Everyone from the guests to the bartenders could not stop commenting on the music. I highly recommend him.

2017-01-03T08:28:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you Adam! I appreciate your kind review.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Britney h

JR was amazing! He created a atmosphere that we wanted! He understood exactly what type of music we wanted and he TOTALLY delivered! JR was very flexible and responded promptly to all of our emails. What a true professional! We're both thrilled with the service that he provided... Read More us. Thanks again!

2016-12-23T10:43:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Britney. It was a pleasure working with you and Sean! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Elizabeth E

JR DJed our wedding on 11/5/16 and he was amazing! Prior to the wedding he was very communicative , allowed us to choose songs , and made sure to confirm with us timeline and name pronunciations. He was energetic and fun and the night went perfectly ! Definitely recommend !

2016-12-08T08:55:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Elizabeth for your kind review. I'm glad that you and Andrew had a blast because I did.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Bridget F

I cannot say enough wonderful things about JR! He met with us multiple times during the planning stages to find out what music we would like played during our Ceremony and Reception, to find out the names and pronunciation of our Bridal Party, and to find out exactly how the... Read More night should play out. JR was very professional and arrived early and dressed amazingly. During the night everything went smoothly between him and our Wedding Coordinator. We had a variety of ages present at our Wedding and everyone got to hear music that they loved. During the Wedding everyone commented on how great the music was and a month and a half later I am still hearing wonderful comments from our guests. If JR did not currently have a song we requested during the planning stages he made sure to have it available for the Wedding. If you are looking for an AWESOME DJ for your wedding, look to JR!!! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Adam S

If you want a club style DJ who keeps everyone dancing the whole night including your grandmother, JR is the man for you! JR was phenomenal and kept everyone dancing the whole night. He was very helpful and the night went very smoothly. J-Are Entertainment is a step above... Read More other services - great music! moved things along without a hitch. I would recommend JR to anyone getting married. Thank you JR!

2016-12-06T07:53:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Adam for the kind review. It was a great time and loads of fun working with you and Rachel.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Aubrey S

Finding a great DJ is one of the most important factors in having a successful wedding reception. We couldn’t be more thankful that we found J-ARE Entertainment! JR was fantastic to work with - extremely organized, responsive to questions and patient as we were still working... Read More through last minute details. We really don't think we could have picked a better DJ for our reception! We highly recommend J-ARE Entertainment

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Catherine B

JR did an amazing job and he is great to work with. JR knows how to DJ a party for sure. He made our wedding extra special by not only doing the music for our ceremony and reception but uplighting as well. I got so many great comments from people about him. Thanks JR!

2016-11-04T10:24:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Catherine! It was my pleasure to work for you.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Caroline H

J-ARE Entertainment was a pleasure to work with! Before the wedding JR was very supportive in helping with music to make our night perfect! During the wedding, JR was awesome! He played great music and was very helpful in making everything happen at the correct times. I would... Read More recommend this company to anyone looking for an incredible DJ experience. Their awesome pricing only made it even better!

2016-10-27T13:39:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Caroline! It was my pleasure working with you and Jamie.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bre B

Amazing! I'm so glad we picked J-Are Entertainment for our wedding! JR was amazing! JR kept the party going all night. I 100% recommend JR to anyone who's looking for a DJ. He played the right song at every moment. We had so many compliments on the music. It was great!

2016-10-19T14:07:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Bre! I had a blast.

JR Burrs

I am the owner and operator of J-ARE Entertainment, LLC. I have been Deejaying for over fifteen years. I have the formula to ensure my clients have a great time at their wedding. My goal is to keep you and your guest on the dance floor. Your wedding will be a blast and the talk of the town. Although line dances are super awesome, I don't have to rely on them to keep the party going. I bring a high level of professionalism to every client! My focus is dedicated to your needs and expectations. I will make sure to bring your dream into reality; because let's face it, this day is all about you.