JAS Productions- DJ/MC, Ceremony Sound and Lighting

Serving So. California

Real, Experienced, Professional DJs who Care!

It's your special day and you don't get any re-dos! Today, value is more important than ever and our main goal is your total satisfaction. We strive to give you the wedding of your dreams, making sure your special day is how you want it to be. Call us now for an instant quote.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Santa Barbara, CA
Serving So. California

CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Melissa P

We are so happy with our decision to choose Justin Stern as our DJ for our wedding!!! He did such an amazing job! People who were planning on leaving early, stayed the whole night because they were having so much fun dancing!! My husband and I were very picky when it came to... Read More choosing a DJ. When we read previous reviews for Justin, we knew we had to meet him. He has a talent for mixing and getting ALL AGES on the dance floor. THe dance floor was so crowded, that people were dancing in the grass at our wedding!! My wedding coordinator even told me that she had never seen that many people dancing at once. I am so grateful we chose him to be our DJ. All we have are memories now, and they are of everyone dancing and having a good time. We are still getting compliments about how good the music was. Justin did a great job customizing the music to everything we had talked about in our meetings. He also came to look at the venue nearly eight months before the wedding. We live three hours away from him, and communication was still so easy. He was very responsive through emails as well as the phone. My husband and I were running behind on some things, and did not get Justin our Music TImeline until three days before our wedding. With that little of time, he still did an amazing job customizing everything, including our ceremony. He did not miss a thing. One more plus... a few weeks after our wedding, we received a nice email from him, including a video from our wedding. He sent us a ten minute, edited video of people dancing all throughout our wedding. We were so excited and are so grateful to have that!! I would definitely recommend this DJ to everyone. Everyone, from grandmas, to friends, to parents were on the dance floor. Chairs were empty! 5-star quality, 5-star service, 5-star value. Thank you Justin for making our day perfect!

Best DJ and DOC services a bride could ask for!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Micha N

We used JAS as both our DJ and Day of Coordinator and our reviews for both services are below - to sum it up though, Karen and Justin are amazing professionals in the wedding industry and really made our wedding day as perfect as could be! Justin (DJ) was probably our most... Read More essential vendor in terms of making sure the reception was exactly what we wanted, which was a huge dance party, and he delivered in spades. Leading up to our reception Justin was thorough in communicating with us about what our preferences were for the music during the reception. He allowed us to submit countless example songs through his immensely helpful online portal. Justin provides a detailed planning sheet allowing you to customize all the music for the special moments during your reception – from the introduction to your final song on the dance floor and everything in between. Most importantly, though, he took our suggestions and created a soundtrack that could not have beaten. We had what we later found out was a longer than average reception (appx. 6 hours) and we did not do the usual bouquet/garter toss or games in between, which meant that Justin was heavily leaned on to entertain our guests. His musical selections built through the night to end in a high energy dance party despite the long day. Justin’s skill really rests on his ability to mix music seamlessly and listen to his clients to create the experience they want. We were particularly adamant that we wanted upbeat music with minimal interruptions or directions from the DJ and Justin went above and beyond to deliver just that. He also did all of this at a venue that is known for having strict sound regulations, which he took great care to adhere to, while still making sure our dance floor stayed full. We could not be happier with Justin’s services and recommend him highly for any of your Santa Barbara area parties. Karen (DOC) - When we began planning our wedding we didn’t think we would need any help, but planning a Santa Barbara wedding from New York quickly proved to need an insider’s knowledge. Karen was the perfect liaison. Despite being hired as a “day of” coordinator, I spoke to Karen more than any of our other vendors in the months leading up to our wedding. She was organized with our vendors and helped get everyone set up on an efficient timeline for the day of. Karen accounted for details I never would have thought to plan out (i.e. who was getting me to our ceremony – to which my answer was whoever is around, until I realized I actually needed a better plan), which ensured that our wedding day was stress free. It was such a relief to have someone on hand on our wedding day who knew exactly what we envisioned and was on site to make sure it was executed when we couldn’t be. This included Karen taking all of our extra handcrafted décor up to our reception site and placing it in the designated areas when we couldn’t be there (i.e. signs, centerpieces, lawn games etc.). Karen made sure I didn’t have to answer a single question on my wedding day and that is the greatest gift anyone can give a bride. Aside from managing our day, she also made sure we were taken care of – including making sure there were extra cupcakes for us at the end of the night (not an easy feat!). Karen was an absolute joy to work with and we truly had the perfect wedding day because of her. Karen is the master of professionalism, efficiency, organization, and thoughtfulness in the wedding world.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

Karen Dicks (Coordinator) In one of California worst droughts in the history of the state the sky falls in a lightning and thunder show at the exact hour that our ceremony was to begin. Karen was absolutely wonderful and really kept everything together when the weather... Read More didn't.  We would not have made it through the day with out her help and guidance!! The only regret is we never got one photo with her! Thank you Karen for doing THE MOST amazing job ever, both before, during and after the wedding!!!  We love you and think you are just so exceptional.  You made our ideas and thoughts come to fruition the day of the wedding.  And we cannot thank you enough for all your time, patience, and perfect handling of the rain the day of the wedding. We were looking for a day of coordinator but got so much more working with Karen. She is phenomenal in so many ways!

JAS Productions was awesome!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Laura R

We were married last September at the Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara and choosing JAS Productions as our DJ and Day-of Coordinator was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Justin and Karen were a dynamic duo and their invaluable recommendations and attention to detail... Read More were essential in our planning, especially from our home across the country in New York City. From our first meeting, Justin and Karen were always helpful and available to answer questions even working with our 3-hour time difference to have FaceTime meetings to work through the many details. As our DJ and MC, Justin made the process of choosing songs easy and streamlined through his website. On our wedding day, he kept the reception flowing with great song mixes and entertained our 100+ guests. When there was a miscommunication with our lighting, he came through and provided the perfect uplight scheme just days before the wedding. As our coordinator, Karen brought so much insight and asked all of the important questions for us to consider in building our timeline. Her professionalism and organization kept the day on track and diffused all issues. When a live-music vendor didn't deliver their promised services and started to make a scene, she absolutely handled the situation and quickly came up with an alternative so seamlessly that we had no idea. We were so thrilled with JAS Productions and highly recommend them for anyone looking for a DJ and Coordinator who truly care and deliver everything they promise. -Brett and Laura Rigby

Spectacular DJ!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Stephanie B

Justin Stern was an amazing DJ. He's low-key, doesn't try to dominate the mic with jokes or an act, he just does his job, and he does it damn well. We had a video screen playing a slideshow of all the photos guests had uploaded to our Wedding App, and he noticed that it didn't... Read More loop, so he had his assistant be on the look-out and restart the show every hour or so when we ran out of pictures. Day-of, we had to move the cake table, and without anyone asking him, he just installed an uplight behind the cake, and it looked great. He really understands weddings. It's clear from the beginning that he's a professional who has been doing this for a long time. His packages are extremely reasonable, and he is probably the nicest person I worked with during wedding planning. He is polite and thoughtful, and asks questions about the age range of the guest list, what "style" our guest list is (ragers? ravers? ballroom dancers?) to make suggestions about not just the music, but the entire flow of the day to make your wedding spectacular. We very strongly would recommend Justin to any couple that's looking to hire a DJ for the wedding.

Best.DJ.Ever

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Cameron G

Music and dancing were the number one thing that we cared about at our wedding, so we had very high expectations…from the moment we first connected with Justin through to our wedding night, he topped them all. He was the most pro-active and detail-oriented of all our vendors,... Read More and we were so grateful to have him on our side throughout the process. We were super picky about music and selected more than our fair share of songs, and Justin was very understanding and played all the jams we requested and more. He knew how to read the crowd and give everyone what they wanted, and mixed all the songs perfectly while sticking to our requested genres. Our wedding was at a house in a residential neighborhood where one of our biggest fears was getting shut-down earlier than we wanted because of a noise complaint…Justin said not to worry about a thing, and was able to adjust the sound and direction of the speakers so that there were no noise complaints without compromising the sound on the dance floor. We even went later than originally expected, and Justin and his amazing assistant stuck around and played awesome jams until everyone was danced-out. Easily one of the best dance parties we’ve ever had, and we know our dance parties! Thank you Justin!

JAS Productions

Reviewed on 2/24/2014 Kara M

My husband and I were very pleased with Justin's high level of professionalism and skill. Justin is easy to work with and is very good at what he does. Highly recommended!!!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 7/13/2011 Elizabeth B

I'd recommend Justin to anyone. My mom requested that I get a professional DJ that has experience with weddings and in my search I came across JAS Productions. He was easy to get a hold of and very supportive during the planning. He was also VERY flexible. Our nicely thought out... Read More schedule went out the door that day, but he was so pleasant and kept things running. My venue had very strict sound requirements. He was able to work with them and still provide beautiful sound for my event. He was really easy to work with and also had lots of great ideas. My family, husband, and I were really pleased with his work and service. I have no complaints!

DJ