Jay Alvarez - Spanish Classical Guitarist

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

San Francisco Bay Area, CA (831) 325-5490

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Christine C

Jay is a gentleman, consummate professional, and exactly the type of guy you want playing at your wedding. The only thing that rivals how insanely beautifully he played during our nuptials is how polished and easy each interaction with him was leading up to the event. He... Read More even learned the acoustic version of Robyn's "Hang With Me" for us to walk down the aisle to. (UGH I get teary eyed every time I think about it!) Every couple should have the peace of mind knowing that their guitarist is genuinely looking out to do a great job and to accommodate the vibe of their wedding. You will definitely get this certainty with Jay. I'd hire him again just to hear him play and to get to collaborate with him... if I had the event for it! I just got married three months ago. Too early for a divorce-then-remarry, right? :P

wonderful guitarist

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 Tara K

I can't say enough about Jay. he played during my ceremony and cocktail hour and my wedding at a California Mission and it was perfect! Not only his music wonderful, but he set a perfect ambiance for my wedding. I highly recommend him!

ceremony music

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Monica W

Jay is very easy to work with. He guided us in picking music for our ceremony that fit our personalities and the style of our ceremony. He is professional and you can have confidence he will surpass your expectations at your wedding. He does an amazing performance.

Great Spanish Guitarist

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Jamie S

Jay did a great job at my wedding of playing both contemporary songs and traditional songs on his spanish guitar. Our guests enjoyed his music and when we met with him prior to our wedding he was professional, organized, practiced enough to give us advice on our ceremony, and... Read More just an all round cool guy. We meet him at an outdoor coffee shop in the south bay (he lives in Santa Cruz but was nice enough to meet us half way since we live in San Francisco). When we met, he pulled out his guitar and played a few songs for us. We fell in love with him instantly!

nice but rushed

Reviewed on 9/19/2010 Cristina A

great guitarist, nice person. but he booked another event right after us and since we started a little late we had to rush the parts when he was playing and he had to leave before we even finished the ceremony. it was very awkward. think it could've been a great experience... Read More if he had given himself more time in between events. ceremonies starting late is nothing new, it happens all the time. because of that it was not a good experience overall.

Couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Reviewed on 7/11/2010 Hedy L

I was referred to Jay by another musician I had contacted to perform at my ceremony which wasn't available on my date. Jay was accommodating with my budget and was incredibly understanding, comforting, and kind. He kept in touch with me through the whole process and when I... Read More finally met him at my wedding he was actually a very calm and comforting factor which I was incredibly grateful for. His music was beautiful and I'm so glad I chose his own music over anything traditional. He's incredibly talented and I'll forever be grateful to him for making our day perfect!

Review for Jay Alvarez

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Cia C

Jay is very talented and easy to work with.