Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone, call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired their own ceremony sound. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on LI. Thanks again Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired a violinist through another company which was the perfect touch to our outdoor ceremony. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on Portland. Thanks a million. Duane

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Sara K

Jazz It-Up Productions.that is all. At the beginning of the planning process, I thought the music was going to be the hardest part to organize. My husband and I have two very different types of taste, so I knew finding a DJ we BOTH liked would be extremely difficult. From the... Read More beginning, Jazz It-Up Productions WOWed us! They have, hands down the best website. I was able to listen to samples of each of the DJ’s, see a promo video of them “performing” in a wedding environment and other various facts about each of them. This is where I knew Aaron was our guy. He changed my opinions of how hard finding a DJ would be the first time I talked to him. He was literally the most exciting, most easy going "I've got this" type of guy. He explained the process from start to finish; filled us in on what works best and what doesn’t; shared stories and ideas from his past experiences, but most importantly he took time to get to know US. He asked US questions about who we are and what we like. When either of us had a concern about certain songs working together, he took time to explain how the mixing process worked, and even gave us examples. Fast forward through the easy process to the wedding. Along with conversations leading up to the wedding, Aaron showed up to the wedding super stylish and very professional. Even when my MIL changed the Mother/Groom song the morning of, everything ran so smoothly. With Aaron's mixing style and fillers, Aaron had the dance floor packed.literally, ALL.NIGHT.LONG. His theory of “blocking” and suggestions of when to lay what genres is GENIUS. (If you don’t know what I am talking about let him sit down with you and explain it.)There was not a point during the whole reception that the dancefloor was empty! It was amazing. There is a saying, “You get what you pay for”. That certainly is not the case We got so much more. Aaron with Jazz It-Up Productions is extremely talented! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Sara K

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Oyer N

Wow! I have so much to say but so little time. We are on our honeymoon enjoying the snow and ice of the Ice Hotel in Norway. We are having so much fun and part of our mood is a big Thanks to Jazz It-Up Productions. We had an amazing time all the way till we got on the airplane... Read More to come here. They made sure we were always taken care of and every song I requested was always playing right where I had asked for it to be. Our reception was perfect! Some customers seem to have a problem with being asked or double checked on things. We had no problem at all on that and in fact, welcomed it. I would rather go through a double check process than look back and wonder why no one asked a simple question. I will be recommending Jazz It-Up Productions to everyone I see. I am the CEO of a large company and I write a monthly newsletter to our employees. I will be writing a story this next month on my wedding and Jazz It-Up Productions because without them our day would have been a disaster. Thank You so much to everyone at Jazz It-Up Productions, you all make people's big days turn out musically better. :)

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 John L

My wife and I hired Jazz It-Up Productions for our wedding after our first DJ fell through. We had initially hired a DJ from our wedding venue to run the music, but we did not like our experience with them and found Jazz It-Up Productions through our wedding planner. The company... Read More was polite, respectful, knowledgeable and is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Thier prices and options are great, and everything is spelled out nicely so there are no ambiguous charges of any sort. All this made the planning process very pleasant. On the days of the meetings and the day of the wedding itself, he was always early and well prepared. They did a fantastic job with the actual wedding, playing the songs and types of music we had requested, playing the ceremony and cocktail songs that we had requested and being a good emcee. I Highly recommend to everyone. If you are looking for the best in the Northwest you are here.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Marie S

I had a great time at my wedding. Aaron was the DJ and we requested and he was perfect. He played a great variety of music. The photo booth was a sure blast and all of our friends and family couldn't get enough lol. It was great. I have seen some negative reviews and I would... Read More expect some from any business that does as much as they do. I have no idea how someone could have Jazz It-Up and not have fun. My sister used Aarons service as well and had a blast. We got all of our pictures fast and even got a surprise memory book. Thankyou Jazz It-Up Productions for a wonderful wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 GeeGee L

I wholeheartedly recommend Jazz It-Up Productions for your wedding. DJ Ariel was amazing--her playlist kept everyone on the dance floor all night! She also did our ceremony music and all the announcements. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Everyone we worked with at Jazz... Read More It-Up Productions was professional, friendly, and prompt. Loved them!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 GeeGee L

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Cristina H

The only reason I gave them one star is because you can't select no stars and still leave a review, the honestly deserve no stars. This DJ company was hired to DJ my wedding in September, and I am still getting comments and complaints about their service. They didn't contact... Read More my family until about 2 weeks before the wedding to get everything squared away, even though we tried contacting them multiple times before then. I sent the company an email with a document attached that had a list of songs to play during the reception because I had guest write song requests on their RSVP cards. This list of songs had about 90 songs, 6 hours worth of music, all they had to do was have it downloaded and play them at the reception. They didn't even have to create a playlist for my wedding or reception, I did that for them! To begin, the DJ that was there was dressed very unprofessionally. She had a black t-shirt that was too small and was wearing nylon tights (not leggings, they were tights) that you could completely see through. Everyone could see her undergarments and I had guests coming up to me all night pointing it out. She was also not very well trained as far as any of us were concerned. She didn't have the wireless microphones that we were told would be used for the ceremony, instead she had normal wired mics that were too short for location so we had to rearrange a bunch of stuff the day of. She also was just laying on the ground because she didn't have table or chair for her equipment for the ceremony portion of the wedding. Then came the reception. She didn't know how to announce anything. It got so bad, she announced the first dance, father daughter dance, and the mother son dance (which wasn't even suppose to happen) at the same time, so my parents and my husband had to start just taking the microphone from her to announce everything. It was honestly embarrassing. She didn't have a bunch of the songs that were on the list that I sent over two weeks prior, which I was told by someone at the company that the DJ would have all of those songs ready to go for the wedding. Well she didn't. In fact I asked for 5 different songs at the wedding and she said she didn't have them and had no idea how to get them downloaded. Keep in mind one of the things advertised with this company is that they carry a wifi hotspot in order to download songs while at the event location, so if I request a song and they don't have it, they can get it within minutes. She had no idea how to do that and wasn't even willing to try and look up some of the songs I requested. And I had guests who also tried requesting songs and she wouldn't do it for them either. I will never even think about hiring this company again, it was a complete waste of TOO MUCH MONEY. And I will be calling to talk to the owner. I have already informed everyone I could of the companies name and how poorly their service is. This is not a company you want to give your money too, trust me. Save some, rent some DJ equipment and have your nephew DJ your event, it will turn out better than my wedding did that's for sure. I know for a fact my little brother could have ran my phone (which had all the songs on it for the wedding, but the DJ wouldn't play music off it) and it would have worked out better than this disaster.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 George B

This was an interesting event because I'm actually in the event industry, however, for this event, I was playing the role of Father of the Bride. And for my daughter, I wanted the best DJ in the Portland Metro area. I've seen many DJs over the twenty years that I've been in the... Read More events industry and I can honestly say that Aaron Schumacher of Jazz it-Up Productions is hands-down the best DJ working. His professionalism is unsurpassed, his timing is impeccable and his ability to work a crowd (without coming off as cheesy) is truly a pleasure to watch. Most importantly, EVERYONE, young and old, had a great time. As they say... the dance floor was packed the entire night! Great job Aaron! You have the thanks of me and my entire family.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tai M

Every review for Aaron at Jazz It-Up Productions shows 5 stars and he is certainly worthy of it. My hubby and I had our destination wedding (we're from Texas) in beautiful Hood River Oregon two weeks ago and when it came time to research which vendors to hire for our big day,... Read More hiring the right DJ was high on our priority list. I was actually surprised at how quick Aaron replied to my email inquiry back in December. It was always followed by very fast communication. He was always right on the ball. Aaron is truly sincere in all his actions. We were expecting most DJ's to just show up the day of the event, not provide suggestions on our timeline for the reception, what songs to use for the wedding party intro, whatever it may be, he was so thorough and we loved it. At first, I was hesitant to hire Aaron because of his price (without discount). However, when I did further research of other DJ's in the area, they came short in the service I was looking for. One DJ didn't charge much, but the trade off in that could have been one that played tunes from their iPod all night, lol. Another DJ company charged a ridiculous amount which exceeded our budget by double (some team). So after further discussions with my hubby, he budged and said to book him. The fact that Aaron is engaging in our planning and even had multiple conference calls before our big day (first time was in February when we met/interviewed all our wedding vendors) and again a week before our wedding speaks volumes of his professionalism and his dedication to his work. He even asked me to leave him a voice mail on his phone and read off the names slowly of everyone in our wedding party since he was our emcee to introduce them at the start of our reception. Who pays that much attention to detail?? Aaron Schumacher sure does. He also provides uplighting for the room and a cool photo booth which was a beautiful accent to our mango motif. He was also very helpful with planning the lighting for our personalized monogram, all our guests thought it looked great as it was displayed on the wall. We knew our reception was going to go by so quick, but I told him it was important for us to get the dancing started as soon as possible since we had to end the music by 11:00 pm. I thought his suggestions were very helpful and appreciated the fact that he was cognizant of the time the night of our wedding to make sure we were on schedule. I know he could have connected with our hired wedding coordinator for that, but I'm glad he kept us in the loop of the timeline when we were falling a little behind. The icing on the cake was that at the end of the night, he played "All My Life" by K-Ci & JoJo and had all our guests form a huge circle around my hubby and I on the dance floor. I took one look around at all our guests as we were dancing and I lost it, I was so emotional by the out pour of love and happiness I felt that night and that memory of our last dance with our family and friends surrounding us will forever be in my heart. If you're in planning mode for your wedding, I would highly recommend that you hire Jazz It-Up Productions and ask for Aaron to DJ, we couldn't get our guests OFF the dance floor since they were having such a great time, thanks to Aaron. Aaron- thank you for making our night a truly memorable one, you simply are amazing at what you do!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nortillia C

We had a wonderful time with Jazz It-Up and I would recommend again and again. We just had our wedding on the coast and everything was spot on. Thankyou for the wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nortillia C

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jamie N

I am only giving this company one star because I did eventually get my photos. I would never recommend this company to anyone. I used them because I read all the great reviews online for them and got a great deal for a DJ/photobooth package due to it being the weekend of the... Read More bridal show here in Portland. However, the services they rendered were awful. The day of my wedding I got Miguel as a DJ. He was late to the site and therefore missed the entire ceremony. (I was willing to look past this as he had gotten a flat tire on the way) This, however, did mean he was able to use some extra time to set up for the reception while the end of the ceremony was happening. This is where it seemed everything went wrong. First, he introduced us by the WRONG NAME during our grand entrance to the reception. Then he was unable the entire night to create a good flow for the reception due to his poor announcement skills and his lack of perception of appropriate music to play. During dinner he played dance/hiphop/rap music extremely loud despite numerous requests from me and other guests to turn it down. (Vitamin string quartet was supposed to be playing) My father in law ended up having to make all of the announcements throughout the wedding (i.e. toasts, excusing tables for food, etc.) because the DJ was so inadequate at it. He had no real clue about the photo booth and didn't bring or put out any props to use for it as well as that no photos printed throughout the entire night so my guests got no take home favors. Throughout the night he played inappropriate music with numerous expletives despite me talking to him numerous times about it. This obviously was a family event with a lot of my young cousins there and the music was utterly inappropriate. The DJ also brought an "assistant" who was scantily dressed. Both ate our food and tried getting drinks from the bar on our tab. At the end of the night the DJ then addressed us by the wrong name AGAIN despite one of my good friend's giving him a 5 minute tutorial about how to say our last name correctly. Throughout the night they got numerous complaints from guests, myself, and the venue staff only to be met with argumentative attitudes and no change in behavior. Knowing nothing could really be done after the fact I contacted the owner of the company who "investigated" the scenario and basically blamed me for everything. Although he did say he would refund me $100 and send me a voucher for a free photo booth rental...I received neither. He did, however, send me 3 photo booth picture books and USB drive with all the pictures. The books were only ok and nothing that great although it was nice to see the pictures. This vendor was a horrible mistake and I would highly suggest to anyone thinking about them to choose a different company!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Octavia M

After I got engaged, the first thing I did was book my venue. The second thing I did was book my DJ. Having been IN 25 weddings, and also being in the wedding industry, I have seen and heard my share of DJ's and know that a DJ can make or break your wedding. I didn't have to... Read More worry about that because I knew that Jazz It-Up Productions are the BEST, hands down! Every single DJ they have working there, as well as, the amazing people in the office are the nicest most professional people ever! We were lucky enough to hire Aaron Schumacher as our Master of Ceremonies, and he KILLED IT! Our ceremony went off without a hitch and our reception couldn't have been more fun and perfect if we tried! Aaron can read a crowd like no other and he kept people on the dance floor the entire night! We had 200 people at the wedding ranging in age from 20 - 90, and at one point all 200 were dancing! IT.WAS.EPIC! If you are looking to throw an awesome party and have memories that will last a lifetime, look no further than Jazz It-Up Productions They are truly the best there is!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Octavia M

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jumbo N

Amazing! Spectacular! Attentive! That sums up Jazz It-Up Productions in my opinion. My wife and I just finished our reception and are on our way to the carabean blue for a honeymoon. Nothing better could have happened at our reception. It was like a U2 concert with the power of... Read More the London Symphony. Wow! Hire them and you wont be disappointed at all.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Andy C

We just had Jazz It-Up at a company party here in Portland. There isnt really a good place to leave reviews unless you had a wedding, lol. Anyways, these guys deserve the best reviews. We had them for several different locations at Nike. We hired them to provide sound for a... Read More track race and three different meeting rooms as well as a grand ballroom. They were able to provide us four photo booths because we had so many employees one photo booth would never had cut it. Everything worked and sounded awesome. I was amazed at how good everything did sound and they linked the microphone between all of the sound systems so everyone could hear. My boss was amazed because we usually don't go through one company for this much but it worked great. Communication prior to the event day was spot on. I worked with Aaron and he returned every email usually within seconds. I was always very comfortable with planning. I would hire them again without hesitation and have forwarded their info to other departments in the area. We are using them out of state coming up for our holiday worshops in Mexico and I cant wait. It never occurred to me that they fly down with all of their gear but they do. See you soon guys. Thankyou for a great event!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Trisha L

I really wanted to leave a great review because they deserve it big time. I would have left a review anyways but I see the idiot that has no reason for even leaving a review. What a bully. Aaron was amazing and always went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. He... Read More asked me several times of items on the time line to make sure everything was correct and I appreciate that. Everyone at my wedding danced all night and enjoyed every part of the wedding. We would never have had such a great time without this key vendor. I would tell you to make sure and add the monogram. I had no idea what it was but now that I know I can't imagine not having it. This was so much fun and I was also happy going with a local business as most DJ companies come from Vancouver. Thank You Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Veronica W

This company and especially DJ Ariel were incredible and truly lifesavers for my wedding after having to fire my previously hired wedding DJ just days before my wedding. It might seem like any company or DJ can do a wedding but I assure you this is simply not true. Ariel came in... Read More days before my wedding, asked exactly the right questions and knew exactly how to manage the feel and flow of my wedding. She was truly a professional but also an engaging and a fun DJ. She doesn't need a script but instead only an agenda which makes everything more natural. The company has awesome ratings and even better...their prices are extremely reasonable. I highly recommend you contacting the Jazz It-Up Productions for any event.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Libby N

We had such a great time at our wedding. I could not have asked for more. The music choices and quality were top notch. Our DJ was very interactive and loved to dance to every song while mixing music. Aaron was recommended to me by a good friend of mine for our destination... Read More wedding and was also recommended to me by my cousin who attended a wedding for her friend last year and said that Aaron was really good. I'm glad I listen to them because Aaron was so easy to talk to. I was having a hard time finalizing our grand entrance songs and he was very helpful in recommending songs especially since i didn't want songs that were played out at weddings. Aaron did an awesome job, all our guest had fun! Some of our guest were even asking if he provided a playlist for me because they loved the songs that he played. I didn't see the dance floor empty the whole night and he was able to play music for all our guest to enjoy. He was also very helpful when I asked for some places he would recommend for rehearsal dinner, he was so friendly and recommended a couple of places. This made me feel comfortable and glad that we went with his company. I would highly recommend Jazz It-Up Productions for your next event.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Angela E

Our DJ did a decent job with our wedding reception. The announcements were well taken care of and they got our first dance song right (thankfully!). However, we were somewhat disappointed with the genres of music played after we had spent quite a bit of time filling out their... Read More reception worksheet, which contained specific requests on genres and a small list of must play songs. While we understand that summer is a busy time of year for weddings, it would have been nice to have a bit more attention to detail in following our stated guidance/preferences.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

We were blown away by the service that Jazz It-Up Productions provided us on our wedding day! We had the whole package which included the DJ, the photo booth and the up lighting and they did not disappoint! DJ Arron did an awesome job mixing up the songs and keeping the crowd... Read More active and alive while the up lighting set the room just right. The photo booth was a hit with everyone and the attendant was very helpful. If you're looking for a company to go above and beyond to make sure your day is special then look no further! Thanks Jazz It-Up Productions!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

***AMAZING*** We used Jazz It-Up Productions for our wedding and they did a perfect job. I highly recommend checking when they have a deal because you will save like we did. I was searching for DJs for about a month and was torn between two different company's. The selling point... Read More for me was the special but it was because they are a local company. We are in Salem Oregon and unless you don't look carefully you will miss it but most DJ company's are in Vancouver Washington. I have no idea what that is all about but they are. Maybe cheaper tax or something. They advertise as if they are Portland but are not. It was very important to my dad (paying) because he owns a local hardware store. He is part of a small network of small business owners that believe in only local establishments instead of big box. Anyways, enough on that. Jazz It-Up Productions has a really solid ethic. They made sure we are happy and always were very on point with changing things up if we asked. They played every song as I had wanted it played and had my family and guests up dancing. My aunt was even up and I was sure she would be a no go but I stand corrected. I would highly recommend Jazz It-Up Productions with out hesitating.