Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Jessie W

John was AMAZING! We absolutely loved him and we couldn't have been happier with how things went. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Even though we sent him a list of songs, John read our guests and kept playing songs that everyone loved! All of our guests kept telling... Read More us how great the DJ was and how perfect the music was all evening. He played the dinner music low enough so tables could still chat and he transitioned into the dance portion perfectly. The whole night flowed and he did an awesome job as the emcee.

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 jessica c

stefan was an incredible choice for our wedding. He met with us a month before the wedding, calmed my nerves, and helped us plan the wedding reception order of events. Our cocktail hour was fantastic with all the smoother jams we requested. He then ran an incredible party for... Read More the rest of the reception. We had so many requests and stefan played them all. Our dance floor was literally packed for 3 hours--the napkins became headbands! Thank you so much, stefan! Our wedding was incredible and that was largely due to stefans skills.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Nick F

I told Aaron at the beginning of wedding planning that I wanted the reception to be memorable....and it truly was! There are still people making comments about how energized and fun Ariel was. Ariel kept everyone on the dance floor from 5:30-11:30 which was pretty incredible.... Read More She was extremely personable and even arrived a couple hours before so that she could make sure everything was perfect. She thought of things during the reception that I never would have. There are endless great things to say about Ariel. I would 110% recommend her to anyone who wants their reception to be tons of FUN!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Buck F

I could not write enough positive words to describe how happy we were with stefan and Jazz It Up Productions! From the consultation to the their website, we felt confident throughout the entire process. stefan was well prepared the day of the wedding and even showed up earlier... Read More than he stated! The best part of all? He had my entire wedding guests on the dance floor THE ENTIRE NIGHT!!! You will not be disappointed! This company will take great care of you and your event!!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Leah B

azz it up Productions service did a wonderful job at my wedding. The DJ John is awesome to work with and was very accommodating to play the songs we requested. He arrived early to make sure everything was setup just the way we ask. His equipment is top notch, he has anything you... Read More could ask for to make your event everything you would want it to be. We had such a blast with their service and I would highly recommend you use him for your event. You will be very pleased I promise!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Timothey R

The man that did my wedding did a great job. When my wife and I spoke on the phone with Aaron it was very obvious that he is experienced and knows what he's doing. After speaking with me and going over some paperwork he was able to get a sense of the music we were looking for... Read More and the overall feel we wanted at our wedding. He was open to any and all suggestions and offered me his opinion when I needed some guidance on things i either didn't know myself or otherwise. On the day of we had some problems with our shuttles getting us from the church to the venue so we were running late. When we finally arrived he took control, moved us along, and we didn't have to worry about anything the entire night. He was a great MC and kept the party going which is what anyone would ask of an amazing DJ. He played what we wanted and respected our do not play list. He also took requests from the guests. The event was a success and I would recommend jazz it-up productions to any of my friends and anyone wanting a DJ!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 sky l

My wedding was a blast thanks to Jazz-it up Productions. Ariel has performed for many other family functions and has always done an outstanding job. Outgoing and fun loving personality shines in her work and it is evident that she loves what she does. Ariel's experience and... Read More ability to read the crowd and play great music is what makes the event memorable. Her range of music is also amazing. She has the standards but also variety. People danced the entire time she performed from start to finish. The reception was a huge success thanks to Ariel. Also, this service is extremely professional and affordable. Ariel also gave us many helpful tips, that I would not have thought of. I believe that the other DJ's jazz it up employs are handpicked to match the same style. I would recommend their services to anyone for whatever the occasion. Thank you Jazz it-up productions couldn't have asked for anyone else!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Mary C

We hired Jazz it up productions to provide DJ services for our recent wedding and could not have been more pleased with the job they did. Our DJ was Brad, and he was not only great at reading the crowd for music selection, but was great at keeping the transitions from first... Read More dance to dinner to cake cutting very smooth. I would absolutely use them again and highly recommend checking them out if you’re looking for an affordable but super professional DJ for your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Cody P

Stefan was seriously a super star. He was working in a venue he had been to multiple times before, and our requests were relatively complex. He took his own time to come down a day early and attend the rehearsal due to the complexity of the situation so that he could confidently... Read More execute our perfect day. At no point did he ever seem impatient or put off by the specificity with which we were presenting and he took everything in stride and executed beautifully. It rained on our wedding day, a lot. This took a lot of last minute adjusting. Luckily, it held off long enough for our outdoor ceremony but this meant Stefan had to set up and break down sound equipment so we could have our ceremony music which he happily had no problem with what so ever..Stefan was able to adjust last minute to make sure we still had everything we wanted despite the weather woes and he was supportive and positive throughout the process. He kept the schedule of events on time, kept people on the dance floor, dealt with power surges in our venue, followed all our requests and made our day everything we could have wanted even with a few curve balls. I would definitely recommend working with Stefan. He always makes you his priority and will not let you down no matter the request!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Dr. Donny C

We were impressed with the amount of effort they put in to obtain our business. All it took was one phone call with Aaron and we felt confident that things were going to go well. He has years of experience and knows tons of songs, which really put us at ease. Aaron made... Read More everything flow seamlessly the day of the wedding, and has a knack for playing just the right song at the right time. Everyone had so much fun! Overall our experience with Jazz It Up was great and we would definitely work with them again!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Dr. Donny C

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Timothy R

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Isaiah C

We couldn't have been more pleased with the services Aaron provided to us during our wedding ceremony and reception. Thank You to Aaron to remind us to post a review here today. When any business grows as theirs has you get haters and that is unfortunate that people have... Read More nothing better to do. Take it from a couple who knows. He truly has so many customers that are in love with what he does. Many DJs just go play music and the entire customer service thing is lost but not with these guys. They know their business for sure. He helped us make a wedding timeline and helped coordinate the night's events (this is not common among DJs). Aaron is an amazing person and I know there are a lot of people that dont get to know him personally but he truly does care. He is emotionally invested in what he does and that isn't something you see every day. I can easily recommend Jazz It-Up Productions to anyone having an event that needs a great DJ. He will take care of you from the first phone call to the end. Just wait and see what Im talking about. Its special!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Chelsea D

We used Yvonne at our wedding in July and she was great. Aaron just reminded me to leave a review and I'm so glad he did. We danced and enjoyed great entertainment the entire evening. We just had them at our work party this last week and it was another great experience. I can't... Read More say enough how communication was super and they were always on the ball almost knowing what we would need next. Thank You Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Jessica P

I have used Jazz It Up Productions for all of my DJ needs for the last 12 years. They did my wedding, my father's 50th birthday party, my Dad's retirement party, my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and most recently a family members funeral. Every single occasion that I... Read More have worked with them they have gone above and beyond in making sure to have appropriate music for the occasion, special songs that we have requested. They have shown up on time, set up professionally, they have MC'd and kept the flow of the event in the exact way we have asked. They have made suggestions from their experience for things that have worked for other people and gently redirected when an idea I have had has been not in the best interest or would make the flow of the party feel off. I cannot say enough good things! They have brought lights, extra lights in some cases, met with me before and made a plan. I have never felt rushed or like my wants or needs are petty. Great local company!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Lisa B

I found Jazz It-Up from The Knot and it was a great decision for mine and my husband's wedding! Aaron was great from the time we met with him before booking to the day of. He worked well with my day of coordinator and other vendors and made sure things ran smoothly the day of! I... Read More was worried about the music at our wedding since it was going to be partially bilingual but he did a GREAT job and all of our guests had a great time. Would definitely recommend/ use his services again!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Ciara H

I signed a contract stating that I would receive refund by cashiers check. The refund was should have been supplied for services not rendered. This did not happen. I did not receive the service I paid for nor a refund. After months of communications I did received a business... Read More check that bounced costing me an additional $8 on top of my loss of $699. This has been a disappointing experience.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lony N

Ariel is a straight up outstanding DJ. My wife and I were recently married at The Foundry here in Portland. We hired Jazz It-Up Productions for our big day and needless to say she did not disappoint. From start to finish, Ariel was polite, professional, caring, timely, and most... Read More importantly, did a kick-ass job spinning tracks at our wedding. Ariel took the time to meet with us at both the venue and our home to fully discuss how we wanted the wedding day to play out. She had great tips and insights on how to maximize the success of our event in regards to set up, sound, music choices, you name it. Ariel tailors everything to your wishes, including how much interaction you want him to have with guests emceeing, his wardrobe, music selection, etc. No detail is too small and Ariel delivered on everything we asked her to do and more. I've been to 8 weddings this year and have seen how some DJs conduct themselves like it is their day and their show... Ariel is nothing like this. She truly cares and listens to what you want during your wedding/event. She was an excellent emcee during the dinner and cocktail portion of the evening, and an outstanding DJ during the dance party. She knows just when and how to control the energy in the room, mixing in songs that are sure to make people dance and enjoy themselves. Book Jazz It-Up Productions first before any other in town. Beg for Ariel. Needless to say we were pleased and she has our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Adri D

I have to say I was disappointed in the DJ service we received on our wedding day. Most of the reviews were so amazing, I was really excited for Jazz It Up to lead the party on our day. I did not meet with anyone in person to discuss what we wanted, it was all done through... Read More e-mail. They provided me with planning forms to indicate the types of music we wanted at any particular time. I had requested for our dinner music to be country/acoustic/alternative trips music. The DJ played elevator music. It really gave a boring feel to the environment and I felt the need to move the reception activities along, faster than I would have probably wanted, had the environment felt more enjoyable. I wanted the DJ to sense how the night was going and lead it accordingly, but I felt like I was running the show, which added a level of stress to our day that I didn't want. When the dancing portion of the night started, old, cheesy songs were being played, such as the electric slide. We are a 25 year old couple, so I wrote on my form that we wanted current music. We had to start actually going over there and consistently giving requests. If there was a time we didn't have requests lined up, another odd song came on. Stairway To Heaven was a long song that had no place in the middle of a reception where people were to be up and dancing! He wouldn't change that song either until it was done and that song is 8 minutes! By the end of the night, it seemed to have gotten better, bit most of my guests had left. If I was to do this differently, I would have tried to specifically request the DJs everyone raves about in reviews.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Holly C

There is not one negative thing we can say about this company. I previously attended a pretty conservative wedding where Jazz It-Up Productions was the DJ and the team was extremely professional. It's a great feeling to find a vendor that has an active website, with prices... Read More listed so you don't have to worry about haggling or listening to a sales pitch only to discover it is out of your price range. Additionally, it is great to find a DJ that has such great hosting capabilities as well. While planning, this vendor was the only vendor (aside from my venue) that responded back to us promptly. They also very politely answered what in hindsight were some pretty silly questions, which was just indicative of how great they are at what they do. We ordered our lighting, photobooth, and DJ services from Jazz It-Up productions and we were emphatically pleased with their services. Everything ran promptly, our dance floor was never empty, and they were incredibly polite and fun! I would not hesitate to recommend this company for ANY event.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jax K

You WANT to use them ! The absolute best DJ in the world. Ariel made our wedding a dream. I had guest from 2 years old to 90 years old and every person was on the dance floor! There was laughter and dancing and every special moments to the next was covered by either my... Read More requests or Ariels judgment and knowledge of music. She did my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Their prices are great, she works with you, she knows music, she and their office staff kept in contact with me and made sure everything was perfect. I just cannot stress enough about how good everything was. My wedding was amazing and I highly recommend you to go with Jazz It-Up to have the same enjoyable and memorable experience. Jax!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Emily K

Good

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone, call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired their own ceremony sound. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on LI. Thanks again Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired a violinist through another company which was the perfect touch to our outdoor ceremony. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on Portland. Thanks a million. Duane

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Sara K

Jazz It-Up Productions.that is all. At the beginning of the planning process, I thought the music was going to be the hardest part to organize. My husband and I have two very different types of taste, so I knew finding a DJ we BOTH liked would be extremely difficult. From the... Read More beginning, Jazz It-Up Productions WOWed us! They have, hands down the best website. I was able to listen to samples of each of the DJ’s, see a promo video of them “performing” in a wedding environment and other various facts about each of them. This is where I knew Aaron was our guy. He changed my opinions of how hard finding a DJ would be the first time I talked to him. He was literally the most exciting, most easy going "I've got this" type of guy. He explained the process from start to finish; filled us in on what works best and what doesn’t; shared stories and ideas from his past experiences, but most importantly he took time to get to know US. He asked US questions about who we are and what we like. When either of us had a concern about certain songs working together, he took time to explain how the mixing process worked, and even gave us examples. Fast forward through the easy process to the wedding. Along with conversations leading up to the wedding, Aaron showed up to the wedding super stylish and very professional. Even when my MIL changed the Mother/Groom song the morning of, everything ran so smoothly. With Aaron's mixing style and fillers, Aaron had the dance floor packed.literally, ALL.NIGHT.LONG. His theory of “blocking” and suggestions of when to lay what genres is GENIUS. (If you don’t know what I am talking about let him sit down with you and explain it.)There was not a point during the whole reception that the dancefloor was empty! It was amazing. There is a saying, “You get what you pay for”. That certainly is not the case We got so much more. Aaron with Jazz It-Up Productions is extremely talented! Highly recommend!