Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Chelsea D

We used Yvonne at our wedding in July and she was great. Aaron just reminded me to leave a review and I'm so glad he did. We danced and enjoyed great entertainment the entire evening. We just had them at our work party this last week and it was another great experience. I can't... Read More say enough how communication was super and they were always on the ball almost knowing what we would need next. Thank You Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Jessica P

I have used Jazz It Up Productions for all of my DJ needs for the last 12 years. They did my wedding, my father's 50th birthday party, my Dad's retirement party, my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and most recently a family members funeral. Every single occasion that I... Read More have worked with them they have gone above and beyond in making sure to have appropriate music for the occasion, special songs that we have requested. They have shown up on time, set up professionally, they have MC'd and kept the flow of the event in the exact way we have asked. They have made suggestions from their experience for things that have worked for other people and gently redirected when an idea I have had has been not in the best interest or would make the flow of the party feel off. I cannot say enough good things! They have brought lights, extra lights in some cases, met with me before and made a plan. I have never felt rushed or like my wants or needs are petty. Great local company!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Lisa B

I found Jazz It-Up from The Knot and it was a great decision for mine and my husband's wedding! Aaron was great from the time we met with him before booking to the day of. He worked well with my day of coordinator and other vendors and made sure things ran smoothly the day of! I... Read More was worried about the music at our wedding since it was going to be partially bilingual but he did a GREAT job and all of our guests had a great time. Would definitely recommend/ use his services again!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Ciara H

This vendor no showed to my wedding. It is now five months later and I still do not have a refund. I have gone back and read through all of the reviews and see that I am at least the second bride this has happened to and I also am going to have to hire an attorney to get my... Read More money back. Do not use this vendor.

Reviewed on 11/23/2017

Absolutley awefull. Completely blew the wedding off, and refuses to compensate, or refund my money. Lies repeatedly about sending reimbursement. He never called and never showed up at all. We ended up putting together a ramshackle assortment of speaker and music ourselves. I... Read More think he is actually a scammer that posts all of the 5 stars himself to bury the bad reviews he gets. Liar, liar, liar!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lony N

Ariel is a straight up outstanding DJ. My wife and I were recently married at The Foundry here in Portland. We hired Jazz It-Up Productions for our big day and needless to say she did not disappoint. From start to finish, Ariel was polite, professional, caring, timely, and most... Read More importantly, did a kick-ass job spinning tracks at our wedding. Ariel took the time to meet with us at both the venue and our home to fully discuss how we wanted the wedding day to play out. She had great tips and insights on how to maximize the success of our event in regards to set up, sound, music choices, you name it. Ariel tailors everything to your wishes, including how much interaction you want him to have with guests emceeing, his wardrobe, music selection, etc. No detail is too small and Ariel delivered on everything we asked her to do and more. I've been to 8 weddings this year and have seen how some DJs conduct themselves like it is their day and their show... Ariel is nothing like this. She truly cares and listens to what you want during your wedding/event. She was an excellent emcee during the dinner and cocktail portion of the evening, and an outstanding DJ during the dance party. She knows just when and how to control the energy in the room, mixing in songs that are sure to make people dance and enjoy themselves. Book Jazz It-Up Productions first before any other in town. Beg for Ariel. Needless to say we were pleased and she has our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Adri D

I have to say I was disappointed in the DJ service we received on our wedding day. Most of the reviews were so amazing, I was really excited for Jazz It Up to lead the party on our day. I did not meet with anyone in person to discuss what we wanted, it was all done through... Read More e-mail. They provided me with planning forms to indicate the types of music we wanted at any particular time. I had requested for our dinner music to be country/acoustic/alternative trips music. The DJ played elevator music. It really gave a boring feel to the environment and I felt the need to move the reception activities along, faster than I would have probably wanted, had the environment felt more enjoyable. I wanted the DJ to sense how the night was going and lead it accordingly, but I felt like I was running the show, which added a level of stress to our day that I didn't want. When the dancing portion of the night started, old, cheesy songs were being played, such as the electric slide. We are a 25 year old couple, so I wrote on my form that we wanted current music. We had to start actually going over there and consistently giving requests. If there was a time we didn't have requests lined up, another odd song came on. Stairway To Heaven was a long song that had no place in the middle of a reception where people were to be up and dancing! He wouldn't change that song either until it was done and that song is 8 minutes! By the end of the night, it seemed to have gotten better, bit most of my guests had left. If I was to do this differently, I would have tried to specifically request the DJs everyone raves about in reviews.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Holly C

There is not one negative thing we can say about this company. I previously attended a pretty conservative wedding where Jazz It-Up Productions was the DJ and the team was extremely professional. It's a great feeling to find a vendor that has an active website, with prices... Read More listed so you don't have to worry about haggling or listening to a sales pitch only to discover it is out of your price range. Additionally, it is great to find a DJ that has such great hosting capabilities as well. While planning, this vendor was the only vendor (aside from my venue) that responded back to us promptly. They also very politely answered what in hindsight were some pretty silly questions, which was just indicative of how great they are at what they do. We ordered our lighting, photobooth, and DJ services from Jazz It-Up productions and we were emphatically pleased with their services. Everything ran promptly, our dance floor was never empty, and they were incredibly polite and fun! I would not hesitate to recommend this company for ANY event.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jax K

You WANT to use them ! The absolute best DJ in the world. Ariel made our wedding a dream. I had guest from 2 years old to 90 years old and every person was on the dance floor! There was laughter and dancing and every special moments to the next was covered by either my... Read More requests or Ariels judgment and knowledge of music. She did my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Their prices are great, she works with you, she knows music, she and their office staff kept in contact with me and made sure everything was perfect. I just cannot stress enough about how good everything was. My wedding was amazing and I highly recommend you to go with Jazz It-Up to have the same enjoyable and memorable experience. Jax!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Emily K

Good

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone, call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired their own ceremony sound. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on LI. Thanks again Jazz It-Up!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Duane T

I can't even express how happy we are that we choose Jazz It-Up Productions. From the first phone call we were sold! We had interviewed 3 other DJ companies and no one came close to making an impression like they did! Thanks to that we knew exactly what to expect the day of our... Read More wedding. For the ceremony, we hired a violinist through another company which was the perfect touch to our outdoor ceremony. At the reception, they played all the songs we asked and our guests are still talking about how great the music was. Everything was a dream come true! You'll get a high-quality MC, DJ and equipment at a lower cost than most companies on Portland. Thanks a million. Duane

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Sara K

Jazz It-Up Productions.that is all. At the beginning of the planning process, I thought the music was going to be the hardest part to organize. My husband and I have two very different types of taste, so I knew finding a DJ we BOTH liked would be extremely difficult. From the... Read More beginning, Jazz It-Up Productions WOWed us! They have, hands down the best website. I was able to listen to samples of each of the DJ’s, see a promo video of them “performing” in a wedding environment and other various facts about each of them. This is where I knew Aaron was our guy. He changed my opinions of how hard finding a DJ would be the first time I talked to him. He was literally the most exciting, most easy going "I've got this" type of guy. He explained the process from start to finish; filled us in on what works best and what doesn’t; shared stories and ideas from his past experiences, but most importantly he took time to get to know US. He asked US questions about who we are and what we like. When either of us had a concern about certain songs working together, he took time to explain how the mixing process worked, and even gave us examples. Fast forward through the easy process to the wedding. Along with conversations leading up to the wedding, Aaron showed up to the wedding super stylish and very professional. Even when my MIL changed the Mother/Groom song the morning of, everything ran so smoothly. With Aaron's mixing style and fillers, Aaron had the dance floor packed.literally, ALL.NIGHT.LONG. His theory of “blocking” and suggestions of when to lay what genres is GENIUS. (If you don’t know what I am talking about let him sit down with you and explain it.)There was not a point during the whole reception that the dancefloor was empty! It was amazing. There is a saying, “You get what you pay for”. That certainly is not the case We got so much more. Aaron with Jazz It-Up Productions is extremely talented! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Oyer N

Wow! I have so much to say but so little time. We are on our honeymoon enjoying the snow and ice of the Ice Hotel in Norway. We are having so much fun and part of our mood is a big Thanks to Jazz It-Up Productions. We had an amazing time all the way till we got on the airplane... Read More to come here. They made sure we were always taken care of and every song I requested was always playing right where I had asked for it to be. Our reception was perfect! Some customers seem to have a problem with being asked or double checked on things. We had no problem at all on that and in fact, welcomed it. I would rather go through a double check process than look back and wonder why no one asked a simple question. I will be recommending Jazz It-Up Productions to everyone I see. I am the CEO of a large company and I write a monthly newsletter to our employees. I will be writing a story this next month on my wedding and Jazz It-Up Productions because without them our day would have been a disaster. Thank You so much to everyone at Jazz It-Up Productions, you all make people's big days turn out musically better. :)

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 John L

My wife and I hired Jazz It-Up Productions for our wedding after our first DJ fell through. We had initially hired a DJ from our wedding venue to run the music, but we did not like our experience with them and found Jazz It-Up Productions through our wedding planner. The company... Read More was polite, respectful, knowledgeable and is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Thier prices and options are great, and everything is spelled out nicely so there are no ambiguous charges of any sort. All this made the planning process very pleasant. On the days of the meetings and the day of the wedding itself, he was always early and well prepared. They did a fantastic job with the actual wedding, playing the songs and types of music we had requested, playing the ceremony and cocktail songs that we had requested and being a good emcee. I Highly recommend to everyone. If you are looking for the best in the Northwest you are here.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Marie S

I had a great time at my wedding. Aaron was the DJ and we requested and he was perfect. He played a great variety of music. The photo booth was a sure blast and all of our friends and family couldn't get enough lol. It was great. I have seen some negative reviews and I would... Read More expect some from any business that does as much as they do. I have no idea how someone could have Jazz It-Up and not have fun. My sister used Aarons service as well and had a blast. We got all of our pictures fast and even got a surprise memory book. Thankyou Jazz It-Up Productions for a wonderful wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 GeeGee L

I wholeheartedly recommend Jazz It-Up Productions for your wedding. DJ Ariel was amazing--her playlist kept everyone on the dance floor all night! She also did our ceremony music and all the announcements. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Everyone we worked with at Jazz... Read More It-Up Productions was professional, friendly, and prompt. Loved them!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Cristina H

The only reason I gave them one star is because you can't select no stars and still leave a review, the honestly deserve no stars. This DJ company was hired to DJ my wedding in September, and I am still getting comments and complaints about their service. They didn't contact... Read More my family until about 2 weeks before the wedding to get everything squared away, even though we tried contacting them multiple times before then. I sent the company an email with a document attached that had a list of songs to play during the reception because I had guest write song requests on their RSVP cards. This list of songs had about 90 songs, 6 hours worth of music, all they had to do was have it downloaded and play them at the reception. They didn't even have to create a playlist for my wedding or reception, I did that for them! To begin, the DJ that was there was dressed very unprofessionally. She had a black t-shirt that was too small and was wearing nylon tights (not leggings, they were tights) that you could completely see through. Everyone could see her undergarments and I had guests coming up to me all night pointing it out. She was also not very well trained as far as any of us were concerned. She didn't have the wireless microphones that we were told would be used for the ceremony, instead she had normal wired mics that were too short for location so we had to rearrange a bunch of stuff the day of. She also was just laying on the ground because she didn't have table or chair for her equipment for the ceremony portion of the wedding. Then came the reception. She didn't know how to announce anything. It got so bad, she announced the first dance, father daughter dance, and the mother son dance (which wasn't even suppose to happen) at the same time, so my parents and my husband had to start just taking the microphone from her to announce everything. It was honestly embarrassing. She didn't have a bunch of the songs that were on the list that I sent over two weeks prior, which I was told by someone at the company that the DJ would have all of those songs ready to go for the wedding. Well she didn't. In fact I asked for 5 different songs at the wedding and she said she didn't have them and had no idea how to get them downloaded. Keep in mind one of the things advertised with this company is that they carry a wifi hotspot in order to download songs while at the event location, so if I request a song and they don't have it, they can get it within minutes. She had no idea how to do that and wasn't even willing to try and look up some of the songs I requested. And I had guests who also tried requesting songs and she wouldn't do it for them either. I will never even think about hiring this company again, it was a complete waste of TOO MUCH MONEY. And I will be calling to talk to the owner. I have already informed everyone I could of the companies name and how poorly their service is. This is not a company you want to give your money too, trust me. Save some, rent some DJ equipment and have your nephew DJ your event, it will turn out better than my wedding did that's for sure. I know for a fact my little brother could have ran my phone (which had all the songs on it for the wedding, but the DJ wouldn't play music off it) and it would have worked out better than this disaster.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 George B

This was an interesting event because I'm actually in the event industry, however, for this event, I was playing the role of Father of the Bride. And for my daughter, I wanted the best DJ in the Portland Metro area. I've seen many DJs over the twenty years that I've been in the... Read More events industry and I can honestly say that Aaron Schumacher of Jazz it-Up Productions is hands-down the best DJ working. His professionalism is unsurpassed, his timing is impeccable and his ability to work a crowd (without coming off as cheesy) is truly a pleasure to watch. Most importantly, EVERYONE, young and old, had a great time. As they say... the dance floor was packed the entire night! Great job Aaron! You have the thanks of me and my entire family.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tai M

Every review for Aaron at Jazz It-Up Productions shows 5 stars and he is certainly worthy of it. My hubby and I had our destination wedding (we're from Texas) in beautiful Hood River Oregon two weeks ago and when it came time to research which vendors to hire for our big day,... Read More hiring the right DJ was high on our priority list. I was actually surprised at how quick Aaron replied to my email inquiry back in December. It was always followed by very fast communication. He was always right on the ball. Aaron is truly sincere in all his actions. We were expecting most DJ's to just show up the day of the event, not provide suggestions on our timeline for the reception, what songs to use for the wedding party intro, whatever it may be, he was so thorough and we loved it. At first, I was hesitant to hire Aaron because of his price (without discount). However, when I did further research of other DJ's in the area, they came short in the service I was looking for. One DJ didn't charge much, but the trade off in that could have been one that played tunes from their iPod all night, lol. Another DJ company charged a ridiculous amount which exceeded our budget by double (some team). So after further discussions with my hubby, he budged and said to book him. The fact that Aaron is engaging in our planning and even had multiple conference calls before our big day (first time was in February when we met/interviewed all our wedding vendors) and again a week before our wedding speaks volumes of his professionalism and his dedication to his work. He even asked me to leave him a voice mail on his phone and read off the names slowly of everyone in our wedding party since he was our emcee to introduce them at the start of our reception. Who pays that much attention to detail?? Aaron Schumacher sure does. He also provides uplighting for the room and a cool photo booth which was a beautiful accent to our mango motif. He was also very helpful with planning the lighting for our personalized monogram, all our guests thought it looked great as it was displayed on the wall. We knew our reception was going to go by so quick, but I told him it was important for us to get the dancing started as soon as possible since we had to end the music by 11:00 pm. I thought his suggestions were very helpful and appreciated the fact that he was cognizant of the time the night of our wedding to make sure we were on schedule. I know he could have connected with our hired wedding coordinator for that, but I'm glad he kept us in the loop of the timeline when we were falling a little behind. The icing on the cake was that at the end of the night, he played "All My Life" by K-Ci & JoJo and had all our guests form a huge circle around my hubby and I on the dance floor. I took one look around at all our guests as we were dancing and I lost it, I was so emotional by the out pour of love and happiness I felt that night and that memory of our last dance with our family and friends surrounding us will forever be in my heart. If you're in planning mode for your wedding, I would highly recommend that you hire Jazz It-Up Productions and ask for Aaron to DJ, we couldn't get our guests OFF the dance floor since they were having such a great time, thanks to Aaron. Aaron- thank you for making our night a truly memorable one, you simply are amazing at what you do!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nortillia C

We had a wonderful time with Jazz It-Up and I would recommend again and again. We just had our wedding on the coast and everything was spot on. Thankyou for the wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nortillia C

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jamie N

I am only giving this company one star because I did eventually get my photos. I would never recommend this company to anyone. I used them because I read all the great reviews online for them and got a great deal for a DJ/photobooth package due to it being the weekend of the... Read More bridal show here in Portland. However, the services they rendered were awful. The day of my wedding I got Miguel as a DJ. He was late to the site and therefore missed the entire ceremony. (I was willing to look past this as he had gotten a flat tire on the way) This, however, did mean he was able to use some extra time to set up for the reception while the end of the ceremony was happening. This is where it seemed everything went wrong. First, he introduced us by the WRONG NAME during our grand entrance to the reception. Then he was unable the entire night to create a good flow for the reception due to his poor announcement skills and his lack of perception of appropriate music to play. During dinner he played dance/hiphop/rap music extremely loud despite numerous requests from me and other guests to turn it down. (Vitamin string quartet was supposed to be playing) My father in law ended up having to make all of the announcements throughout the wedding (i.e. toasts, excusing tables for food, etc.) because the DJ was so inadequate at it. He had no real clue about the photo booth and didn't bring or put out any props to use for it as well as that no photos printed throughout the entire night so my guests got no take home favors. Throughout the night he played inappropriate music with numerous expletives despite me talking to him numerous times about it. This obviously was a family event with a lot of my young cousins there and the music was utterly inappropriate. The DJ also brought an "assistant" who was scantily dressed. Both ate our food and tried getting drinks from the bar on our tab. At the end of the night the DJ then addressed us by the wrong name AGAIN despite one of my good friend's giving him a 5 minute tutorial about how to say our last name correctly. Throughout the night they got numerous complaints from guests, myself, and the venue staff only to be met with argumentative attitudes and no change in behavior. Knowing nothing could really be done after the fact I contacted the owner of the company who "investigated" the scenario and basically blamed me for everything. Although he did say he would refund me $100 and send me a voucher for a free photo booth rental...I received neither. He did, however, send me 3 photo booth picture books and USB drive with all the pictures. The books were only ok and nothing that great although it was nice to see the pictures. This vendor was a horrible mistake and I would highly suggest to anyone thinking about them to choose a different company!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Octavia M

After I got engaged, the first thing I did was book my venue. The second thing I did was book my DJ. Having been IN 25 weddings, and also being in the wedding industry, I have seen and heard my share of DJ's and know that a DJ can make or break your wedding. I didn't have to... Read More worry about that because I knew that Jazz It-Up Productions are the BEST, hands down! Every single DJ they have working there, as well as, the amazing people in the office are the nicest most professional people ever! We were lucky enough to hire Aaron Schumacher as our Master of Ceremonies, and he KILLED IT! Our ceremony went off without a hitch and our reception couldn't have been more fun and perfect if we tried! Aaron can read a crowd like no other and he kept people on the dance floor the entire night! We had 200 people at the wedding ranging in age from 20 - 90, and at one point all 200 were dancing! IT.WAS.EPIC! If you are looking to throw an awesome party and have memories that will last a lifetime, look no further than Jazz It-Up Productions They are truly the best there is!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Octavia M