YOUR WEDDING. YOUR MEMORIES. CAPTURED.

Congratulations on your engagement. I would love to hear about your unique story and what lead you to each other. I love getting to know each couple and really having a personal relationship. I truly feel that knowing a couple’s relationship details from the first kiss, first date, who cooked the first dinner, who popped the question and honeymoon ideas will allow me to connect with them leading up to their wedding day. I am here to document your story in a way that fits the two of you. Let me help you in capturing all of the celebratory moments of your special day. It’s a period of your life that is unforgettable but also a time that can be quite stressful if you don’t have the right photographer to walk you through the process.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Serving New Jersey and New York City Area (973) 902-6747

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Sandy G

We had the pleasure of working with Marlene and Stephanie for our engagement photos. We chose to go with them based on reviews from others who worked with them and I cannot express how thankful I am that we did! I am new to all of this picture/wedding stuff, we've never taken... Read More pictures like this before so we were nervous and if it wasn't for Marlene I'd still be so lost! Just from speaking with us, they knew exactly the kind of pictures we wanted and boy did they get it right! My fiancé is obsessed with his truck, and Marlene even included it in our photos. They made us feel SO comfortable and they made it so fun and exciting. I received the pictures so quickly, and almost cried looking at them all. No one could have created this vision that we wanted better then them. They made sure we got the perfect shots. It was such an amazing time and I can't wait to see what they do for our wedding day. I highly recommend JD Photography to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Mary S

I loved working with Marlene and her team! My wedding was on short notice and I was so happy to find Marlene and so glad she was part of my wedding day! From the first phone call to the last picture she was engaging and professional and made the experience so easy! It was... Read More also raining off and on during my big day and she worked with me and the weather to capture some beautiful moments. I would definitely recommend her for any bride who wants a talented photographer and a personalized experience!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Andreia G

I met Marlene about 3 years ago after a friend referred us to her. She did our fall pics that year which came put amazing. The first time I met her she made me feel like we had been friends for years! She was great with my son and we got amazing pics every year for birthdays and... Read More holidays since (even when he was going through his I hate pictures stage). Most recently she shot my daughters baptism. Not only do we have beautiful pictures, but she made sure we got pictures of the actual baptism ceremony even though our church is super strict, and all without getting the church annoyed (I know that wasn't an easy feat)! She made the kids feel so comfortable and got beautiful shots both on the day of and during our pre session. Marlene captured every beautiful detail of our daughters specia day. I can't express enough how beautiful the memories she captured are and how grateful we are. We are so happy to have found JD Photography and we plan to continue to have her capture all of our special moments!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Vanessa D

I chose JD Photography for my Engagement shoot based on recommendations and seeing their amazing work online. & I’m so glad that we that I did! Marlene and Stephanie made our first shoot fun, comfortable, and such a romantic experience. We laughed through every take and they... Read More captured such beautiful, candid moments, effortlessly. Both my fiancé and I felt like we were spending the afternoon with friends, which helped shake those first time nerves. I envisioned photos that were artistic, enhanced moments that featured unique locations. Marlene set everything up to provide those things while still taking photos that were true to who we were as a couple. Equal to our beautiful pictures, Marlene and Stephanie are beautiful people who devote their time getting to know their clients and capturing their moments. I not only look at them as remarkable professionals, but friends now too. In booking our wedding photographer the choice was easy, we can’t wait to work with them again in April!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jamie G

JD Photography did an AMAZING job with our pictures! Marlene and her staff are very patient which made taking pictures with our little one and enjoyable, easy going process. We look forward to having her capture our future moments.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Jennifer S

Marlene is the absolute best and our go to photographer! We have used her for Christenings, maternity pics, newborn photography, etc. and will continue to ask her to capture our precious family moments. She makes the shoot enjoyable and is very patient to ensure she gets the... Read More best shots possible, which can be difficult with kids. She is very professional and I would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Patricia M

Returning client right here! I was referred to Marlene about 2 years ago by a friend. We had a shoot for professional headshots. The experience left a lasting impression and when I got engaged, I knew right away I wanted to book JD Photography for our engagement photos. We even... Read More booked her for our wedding, about a year and a half in advance because we did not want to take any chances. She is very professional, kind and loving. Her positivity and light-heartedness is infectious. When you work with Marlene, it feels as though you’ve known each other for decades. She makes you feel like a rockstar, and the pictures prove it. We recently did our engagement shoot with her and again she delivered! She wants her clients to be happy and she’s always willing to try new things or different poses and is always open to ideas, as crazy as they may seem. If our engagement shoot was this much fun, I can only imagine what our wedding day will bring! I received my photos quickly, with a surprise album. A big THANK YOU to you Marlene for capturing some very special moments. I absolutely recommend JD Photography. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Dina L

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!! Marlene is such a doll & her photos are incredible! She even had an little album ready for us at the end of the night! Both Marlene & her crew were great to work with & we had an absolute blast! We are beyond thrilled that we chose JD Photography for... Read More our wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Christie P

Marlene is our go to photographer! We use her for all of our events from baby showers to birthday parties. Not only is she super patient and caring with the kids but so professional and definitely knows how to get the perfect shot. Marlene is so versatile, not only does she do... Read More weddings and showers but she’s shot photos for my blog too! I would highly recommend Marlene and her team for any of your events.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Pamela Z

Marlene is the most professional, fun, creative photographer there is. I contacted Marlene with intent to do Fall family photos. But she and my soon to be fiancé had other plans! Marlene helped create a wedding proposal right out of a fairytale book. The way she captures a... Read More moment with her photograph is breathtaking. My family photos turned into my actual engagement photos. It was the greatest day of my life and to have this amazing photographer there to capture every detail and every moment is something that I will be forever grateful for ❤️

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Telizabeth L

There are no words to describe what a phenomenal job Marlene, Jarot, and Olivia did capturing our wedding! What an amazing team! From the first day we met Marlene we knew we wanted to have her capture our day! Marlene also referred us to our videographer Brandon, and we must say... Read More they work so AMAZING together! We were so comfortable with both teams! They all made us laugh and just have an amazing time! And that's very important because if you're uncomfortable that will show in pictures! Marlene is such an awesome person who wanted to make sure we were so happy from morning until night! Marlene and her team is someone everyone should have capture every moment in their lives!! We gained an amazing person in our lives and a friend! See you soon Marlene!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Connie D

Marlene is thoughtful and thorough. Always takes extra shots to make sure she got THE ONE...been using her services for over 3 years at our many parties and family events. Looking forward to our next one..another sweet 16!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017

What can I say! Marlene is simply the best! Her pictures are above and beyond what you would ever expect! I have never had pictures taken on a more patient or more personal level. The experience was delightful! She makes it very comfortable and laid back while remaining... Read More professionally at ease throughout the entire process. I will never use another photographer. If you're looking for stellar photos and a pleasant shooting experience, look no further than JD Photography! Truly a cut above the rest!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jennifer T

Five stars! You can't get this combination of personal touch and professional quality anywhere else. Marlene and her team take the time to not only get to know their clients, but to make sure they capture perfect memories for every occasion!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017

Five stars! Marlene and her team are truly exquisite! They take the time to get to know each client and will not stop until they capture the perfect memories for everyone. I love the personal touch and professional quality. You can't find that anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Jennifer P

Amazing!! Marlene and her team were such a pleasure to work with! They were all so kind and professional, yet down to earth and even broke it down on the dance floor!! Marlene has a natural talent for photography, which is clear in her amazing work! I am so happy JD Photography... Read More was a part of our wedding story and I hope to have to opportunity to use them again for future events! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Janette F

We booked JD Photography for our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. In both interactions with Marlene we we extremely pleased with the caring and professional attitude she portrayed. She did not force pictures we didn't want and asked our input and style that we had... Read More in mind. Marlene knows how to get you to feel comfortable while taking all pictures, including those awkward "make out" pictures. Marlene really cares about her customers and wants you to have the best picture possible, not just rush your pictures to finish up. We had a lot of fun during both of our events and would recommend her to anyone. If you want to feel completely cared for and work with a true people person than you must book with JD Photography. She will go above and beyond to ensure you get everything you want and the pictures come out stunning!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Sonia V

Amazing work! I highly recommend Marlene to photograph any special occasion. She is extremely professional and patient! She is creative with her work and captures all the right moments. I look forward to working with her again.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017

Very accommodating. Marlene has good ideas for those "different shots" and you get your pictures quickly.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Melissa C

I just recently met Marlene in January while she was shooting my cousins first birthday cake smash session . She is AMAZING , simply that . My cousin was screaming and cranky almost the whole entire session , Marlene was so patient and understanding. She didn't give up and got... Read More almost 30 amazing shots of her ! That's when I decided to book her for my daughters christening . And I am so happy I did ! Marlene is extremely professional , patient , and prompt . I highly recommend Marlene to all of my friends and family ! And she never disappoints . So glad I met her ! I will be using for all my future photo shoots & events !

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Stephanie B

They were awesome! They let us know every detail on what they were going to do. Also they were patient with my little girl and crazy family!!! They adhere to everything that we requested from them with no problem. Will definitely use them again!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Jennifer A

You have no idea how much your services meant to us. You were so patient, kind, and truly an honor to have as our photographer. I'll be using your company for absolutely everything from now until always. Thank you thank you thank you Marlene and crew! WE LOVE YOU!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Liliana S

Wow what can i say, ive the pleasure of working with Marlene since July when she did my sons newborn pictures and what an amzazing work she did, today again i had the pleasure of having her photographing my son's baptism and once again words cannot describe the wonderful job... Read More that she did. I love JD photography's work and dedication she puts into her work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

2017-02-25T21:57:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Liliana! It's always so nice to be around your family. Thank you for having Stephanie and I document Jonathan Liam's christening. It was a pleasure! ~ Marlene

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Marylene M

We have had the pleasure of working with Marlene and Stephanie on several occasions - - fall sessions,birthdays and most recently our little lady's baptism. From the instant we started working with them, we loved them. They are so patient (I can be a pain), loving and great... Read More people! They have captured and been a part of such beautiful moments in our family Which I'm forever grateful for. Book her, you won't regret it! Not only will you have a great photographer , but a friend too!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Liza A

So Happy I chose JD Photography to capture all the precious moments at my daughters Sweet Sixteen!! Marlene is one of a kind. She went above and beyond to deal with a crazy bunch of teens. My pictures exceeded all my expectations they are simply Gorgeous!!

Marlene Perfeito

I was a bride almost thirteen years ago and it was one of the best days of my life. I did not realize how important a role my photographer had at that time to capture every moment. The pictures with my husband, family, bridal party, and friends will be forever cherished. Each wonderful moment was illustrated in each photograph as we enjoyed ourselves on that hot summer day. Let me be your photographer on your special day as I can't wait to capture your memorable moments.