Fine Art & Life Style Wedding Photography

We are St. Louis-based engagement and wedding photographers.  St. Louis is our home however we love to travel whenever we have an opportunity. We have been shooting weddings now for over 7  years. We love taking the time to get to know our couples and build amazing relationship! Jen & Dayton Photography specializes in Fine Art, Photojournalist and Natural Light photography. We do things a little differently than most wedding photographers. We hand edit each image to make sure it looks its best. It's so lovely to see each image one at a time and tell the story of your day. In the end we want you to love all your images from the details to the portraits and everything else in between. If you are interested in hearing more about our services please send us a message! We would love to have you

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

2712 Sutton , Maplewood, MO (314) 477-9218

Just Stop Looking – You Can’t Do Better Than Jen and Dayton

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Pat and I cannot speak highly enough about Jen and Dayton. Their work is impeccable – the composition, style and quality of the pictures speak for themselves. I could rave all day about their pictures and their ability to capture all the details and little moments. Their talent... Read More is incredible. They fit in our budget, which was important to us, but the deal was sealed when we met them at their studio. It felt more like catching up with old friends we hadn’t seen in a while rather than meeting with a wedding vendor…and that really set the tone for everything else. I don’t know about most brides, but someone pointing a camera at me and putting me in awkward/unnatural situations does not thrill me…this was definitely not the case with Jen and Dayton. From engagement photos to the wedding, they provided some direction (which was definitely needed and appreciated, including the occasional ‘no duck face’ warning as Pat and I went in for kisses) and then just captured Pat and my interaction. Jen and Dayton made the entire experience relaxed, stress-free and fun…yes FUN! They are relaxed and easygoing – up for any ideas we had which included beer, ice cream, and 2 ornery pups – but kept us on track leading up to the wedding and oh-so-politely corralled wedding party and family for pictures. The sneak peaks they posted were phenomenal and we received our pictures back well before they were promised. We could not be more pleased with how our pictures turned out and will continue to recommend Jen & Dayton to everyone we know.

2015-08-20T15:06:40 Response from the vendor

Oh my Goodness!!!! Thank you so much Ellen! We loved every minute with you and Pat. Thank you so much for letting us photograph your day and for taking the time to write such a sweet review

So glad to have found Jen & Dayton!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Krisha T

Jen and Dayton are extremely amazing photographers. And they are such a good team. Jen’s creativity and attention to details makes the photos more remarkable. And Dayton’s ability to capture those special candid moments and make them extraordinary helped a lot with my husband... Read More and some family members that were not comfortable in front of the camera. We are definitely impressed with their photos which is why we chose them as our wedding photographers. They just have that ability to make every single photo tell a story. I can’t stop staring at awe at the quality pictures they got for us. I am very happy and thoroughly impressed not only for the photos itself but also the presentation. And to top that, they are also very fun to work with. They help you be at ease with the camera and even provides guidance to help the photos look stunning. I personally love them and would love to work with them again soon in the future. I highly recommend them. They go above and beyond being photographers. Their products, like their services, are just top quality. 10 stars and 4 thumbs up!

2015-09-28T10:50:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krisha!!!! It makes Dayton and I so happy to hear your love your images. Your day was so beautiful and we had such a wonderful time working with you and Mike!!!

Perfection

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Blair M

As a Bride the one thing that really stressed me out was finding a photographer that was obsessed with "the details" as much as I was. When I met Jen and Dayton I knew they were the perfect pair to capture my special day. Jen and Dayton are absolutely incredible. Every single... Read More moment and detail they captured was perfect. I not only would highly recommend them but I would say you are CRAZY to even consider anyone else. They are simply perfect. Thank you so much for being our photographer!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Callee M

My fiance and I just had our engagement session with Jen and she is AMAZING! We had such a great time during our experience. Jen has an awesome creative eye for great photos and her work is exceptional. We are so excited to have her shoot our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Sabrina B

Jen is such an incredibly talented photographer! Her attention to detail is unmatched. She made everything seamless and went above and beyond to provide us with amazing photos. I’ve recommended her to everyone I know. We are so happy with how everything turned out!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jessica C

We clicked with Jen from the day we met her. Jen's attention to detail, beautiful photos, and easy to work with personality made our engagement and wedding photo shoots seamless. Jen took the time to get to know us as a couple and was always quick to respond and accommodating to... Read More any requests. It felt like she really cared about us as a couple rather than just as a client. She even came up to Chicago for our engagement shoot! We'd highly recommend. Her ability to capture the most authentic moments, gestures, and looks truly makes her one of the best.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Brittany P

I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in a wedding Jen and Dayton photographed a few years ago. I knew from meeting Jen then, I NEEDED her the day I got married. Fast forward a few years and there was no question who we were picking as our photographer. Jens bubbly... Read More personality and witty way of getting a group of people to pay attention (cough the groomsman cough) made the decision easy. I might consider myself a little crazy when it comes to details in photos, but I met my match with Jen! We had Justin as our second shooter as well and the shots they got on our wedding day were INCREDIBLE, from the candids of me and my bridesmaids getting ready to popping champagne after the reception on the streets of downtown St. Louis, Jen and Justin captured every picture I wanted and many many more. side note: I even forgot to pick up our "toss leaves" for our church exit a day before the wedding and Jen went out of her way to pick them up and bring them to the church for me! You can add wedding planner to her title as well?? She helped me out with so many details for the day of I was still deciding on! I didn't research their price comparisons to other photographers in St. Louis, but it doesn't matter because they are worth every penny!! Thank you again Jen and Justin you guys are amazing and we cant wait to see the whole album!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Alexandra N

Jen is so great to work with; very professional and is passionate about her work. Plus, she's a major sweetheart! On our wedding day, she helped make the process of getting all the pictures we wanted as seamless as possible. Could not have done it without her!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Amberle V

I am so happy with our wedding photos! The attention to detail is amazing. Jen is wonderful at giving direction to make sure you get the perfect shot. Seeing the photos for the first time, I couldn't believe how many special moments were captured and we didn't even realize. The... Read More shots of our rings, accessories, etc even incorporated the vintage tablecloths I used as decoration. We could not be happier!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Heather S

best photographers we could have asked for! they made our day perfect! If you have the chance to work with Jen definitely take it!! I'm so happy we found them because I don't think anyone else would have made such an impression on us and made us as happy as we are. I plan on... Read More using them for any family or anniversary photos in the future! Love, love, love our experience with them!

2017-06-14T08:35:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Elizabeth K

We first met Jen and Dayton a few months before our wedding day. From that first meeting we knew we were in good hands. Jen and Dayton are an incredible team with years of experience. What this meant for us is that we could enjoy our day with family and friends trusting that... Read More every detail would be beautifully captured. From the ceremony moments, stunning colors and joy-filled candid shots at the reception, we are truly grateful for the wonderful photographs. Every time I look at the pictures they bring a smile to my face. We can’t thank Jen and Dayton enough for playing such an important role in our day!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Cait S

5 stars only because I can't award 10! Take everything a photographer doesn't want in a wedding: weeknight, ceremony-only, meeting the couple on the day of, a very picky bride. ;) We brought all that PLUS a challenging venue--the Science Center planetarium--and the pictures... Read More are...the pictures are breathtakingly perfect. I asked for happy pictures of happy, smiling people, and everyone's two comments on our photos as a set are that they are (a) gorgeous and (b) JOYFUL. The colors are bright and vivid and cheerful, not washed out. There are multiple photos of every person present at our tiny wedding, and they're all flattering. Even in the "night sky" planetarium for dances, they managed to turn out frameworthy photos! Jen and Dayton didn't just photograph our wedding, they photographed the laughter and love and joy of the night. Thank you so much, Jen and Dayton!

2016-11-21T17:48:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for amazingly sweet review!! Your Wedding was perfect! We love that the day was exactly what you wanted. You two are such a sweet couple and we truly enjoyed your day!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amanda A

From the moment we meet Jen and Dayton, we had a great feeling of comfort and ease that is seldom found in such a momentous occasion. Throughout our whole journey, from our engagement session to the last dance of the night, it truly felt like they cared to capture the moments... Read More most important to us and did an amazing job; as is evident in their work! Incredible organizers, planners, and visionaries; they are much more than photographers!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katy P

We absolutely loved working with Jen and Dayton! I have had the pleasure of knowing them for a couple years now from them photographing my sister and cousin's weddings. I fell in love with their photos - so there was no question who would be there to capture our day once our... Read More time came around to start planning! :) We had a wonderful engagement session with them, where they made sure to capture the most beautiful fall photos. They make you feel comfortable and just enjoy getting to know you and your styles/interest. Our wedding day went perfectly! They were very organized and captured every moment that we wanted. From the sneak peak photos I've seen, I am absolutely in love with how they turned out and I'm dying to see the rest! Thanks so much for being so amazing and being such a big part of our special day!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Kristen S

Jen and Dayton captured our day perfectly. They are so talented and the most genuine couple. I could go on and on about their talent and personalities but the fact that my cousin and sisters have all had/will have them capture their special day speaks for itself. Amazing couple,... Read More amazing work.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kimberly L

Jen and Dayton have been incredible, we can't say enough good things about them! Their attention to detail and organization were just what we were looking for. Their adorable shop in Maplewood is filled amazing furniture and decor pieces from some of our favorite stores. Looking... Read More around during our first meeting I was recognizing a lot of the pieces we have in our own home or that I've had my eye on! From that point on I knew we had a similar style and we were in good hands. We were not wrong. We recently had our engagement session and even though the weather ended up not cooperating for us with a pop up rain shower Jen and Dayton were amazing. Jen's calming voice was just what I needed when things seemed to be going off plan. The images turned out BEAUTIFUL and no one believes us that we had rain during our shoot. They really are the best and we can't wait to have them capture our wedding day!

2016-10-13T11:04:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your sweet review! Jen and I really appreciate it! We have loved getting to know you and Duncan and we can't wait for your Wedding next year!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Andrea V

Jen & Dayton are the most wonderful photographers!! We absolutely loved working with them throughout our entire wedding journey. They started with our engagement shoot in the spring and were willing to trek through the woods and even into a creek with us to get beautiful shots... Read More until dark at Hawn State Park in Ste. Genevieve, MO. We were so appreciative of the fact that they did not put a strict time limit on our engagement shoot, made sure we had a great range of options to choose from, and really spent the time to get to know us personally and as subjects. They made us feel really comfortable. By the time the wedding day came in September, we trusted them completely, were happy to let them do their thing, and had a fantastic time all day taking photos! Our families and friends all complimented their professionalism and seamless working style as well. Jen and Dayton are so kind, considerate, thoughtful and detail-oriented, and such fantastic listeners! The quality of their work stands out as exceptional among the sea of STL photographers. We feel lucky to have met them and are SO excited to see our images from our special day, we know already that they will be stunning.

2016-10-13T11:00:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much you incredibly sweet review! We loved getting to know you and Jo! We can't wait for you to see all the images, you both looked amazing!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Laura C

Jen and Dayton made our day fantastic from start to finish! They made my husband and I feel so comfortable and all of our photographs have turned out beautifully! We wholeheartedly recommend them!

2016-10-13T11:07:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your sweet review! We really enjoyed getting to know you both! We can't wait for you to see the rest of your images!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Angie K

Jen and Dayton make a perfect team and the best photographers! I was familiar with their work prior to finding a photographer for my wedding so knew instantly I had to book them! Their ability to capture any and all of the details of the entire day is like magic. Whether it be... Read More the pictures you don't think to take while getting ready down to the images of the floral arrangements, wedding rings, decor, invitations, etc. they are able to capture everything! They also do an amazing job getting all of the candid photos and reactions from not just the bridal party but also your guests and ensuring every special moment on your wedding day has images. We received several sneak peek photos just days after our wedding and I was taken back by how perfect they were! Working with Jen and Dayton was also effortless. They respond to emails almost instantly and work with you one on one to create a timeline for the wedding day so everything happens seamlessly. They are so willing to go above and beyond to get the best pictures possible and make sure your wedding day is everything you dreamed of. I highly recommend using Jen and Dayton!!

2016-10-07T09:46:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review! We had such a good time with and Andy! We can't wait to start editing your photos!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katie S

I cannot say enough good things about Jen & Dayton. They truly are THE BEST at what they do! They were the first and last photographers that we met with for our wedding and the easiest choice we made too! We felt extremely awkward about doing photos, especially the engagement... Read More photos, but Jen & Dayton both made us feel so at ease that we actually ended up looking forward to taking our photos at our wedding! On our wedding day when we started to run behind schedule, cutting into our photo time, Jen & Dayton quickly helped us pull together a Plan B to make sure we still got the shots we wanted without having to send anyone (me, the bride :-) ) into freak out mode. They had so many great suggestions and ideas throughout all our wedding planning that I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. When it comes to their level of professionalism they are off the charts and then you see the photos, wow! We've only seen the sneak peak of our photos so far but we were absolutely blown away!! You never would have known we were crunched for time. They are stunning. I may be partial, but the best photos I've seen! We could not be more pleased! Best photographers in St. Louis! Hands down!

2016-10-07T09:48:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! We are so happy that we got to be part of your day! You and Sherman are so much fun! Your day was beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katy M

Jen and Dayton did such an incredible job with our wedding photos and my bridal session! You can tell they love the capturing details and sincerely enjoy their work. If you want timeless, beautiful images and a photography team that will put your mind at ease, book these... Read More wonderful people! We truly could never thank them enough for putting such heart and thought into each and every shot.

2016-10-05T14:20:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We had such a great time getting to know you and we are so happy we were there to capture your day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Alyssa A

Jen and Dayton are the absolute best!! I don't even know where to begin! Not only are they the sweetest people ever, they are AMAZING photographers! They listened to every one of my requests and my wedding photos turned out better than I ever could have imagined. They are so... Read More creative!!! I was lucky enough to see them for 2 consecutive years as they also photographed my 2 cousins weddings! They are such caring and genuine people! Thanks to Jen and Dayton, me and my husband get to look back on our wedding day and smile and remember how wonderful that day was! They are the best of the best! :)

2016-10-05T14:14:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review!! We truly appreciate it! We had so much fun at your Wedding and we have enjoyed seeing and Justin at your cousins weddings! We can't wait to see you all again next year!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lauren H

We love Jen & Dayton! Currently, we live out of the country and they have been so flexible with scheduling our engagement session, times to meet, and everything about our wedding! The day of the wedding Jen & Dayton both asked us multiple times if there is anything we needed or... Read More if there was any specific pictures that we forgot to mention that we would like. It was so HOT that day and they were troopers! We have received our sneak peak pictures and I am absolutely taken back at how beautiful they are. Thank you Jen & Dayton for everything!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Wendy M

As a wedding planner, I had the opportunity to work withJen & Dayton on a 9/4/2016 wedding. They are true professionals and SO easy to work with. I found them to be efficient, courteous, and very respectful of the venues and ceremony. Thanks so much for a great day!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Alison M

I've been stalking Jen & Dayton after seeing one of my former ice hockey cheerleader's photos and just knew they'd rock. So, as soon as we set a date, they were the first photographers we called. Jen & I immediately connected in our first phone conversation and I knew they were... Read More the right choice. Being an out of town bride has its challenges, but Jen & Dayton were extremely flexible with us before, during, and after the wedding. The two complement one another in so many ways and the ability to have them shoot together is such a privilege. Their sweet, calm demeanor felt like a natural extension of our family & friends on the day of. And despite my husband & I feeling a bit nervous to be in the spotlight, they knew just what to do to naturally bring out the best in the both of us. Their attention to details throughout the day and during the editing process shines in every photo. Their natural, organic style and drive to capture real moments is superb. And as a collection, the final photos from Jen & Dayton truly tell the story of our best day ever. We could not be happier with Jen & Dayton and hope we can find another way to work together again!