Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

2712 Sutton , Maplewood, MO

Just Stop Looking – You Can’t Do Better Than Jen and Dayton

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Pat and I cannot speak highly enough about Jen and Dayton. Their work is impeccable – the composition, style and quality of the pictures speak for themselves. I could rave all day about their pictures and their ability to capture all the details and little moments. Their talent... Read More is incredible. They fit in our budget, which was important to us, but the deal was sealed when we met them at their studio. It felt more like catching up with old friends we hadn’t seen in a while rather than meeting with a wedding vendor…and that really set the tone for everything else. I don’t know about most brides, but someone pointing a camera at me and putting me in awkward/unnatural situations does not thrill me…this was definitely not the case with Jen and Dayton. From engagement photos to the wedding, they provided some direction (which was definitely needed and appreciated, including the occasional ‘no duck face’ warning as Pat and I went in for kisses) and then just captured Pat and my interaction. Jen and Dayton made the entire experience relaxed, stress-free and fun…yes FUN! They are relaxed and easygoing – up for any ideas we had which included beer, ice cream, and 2 ornery pups – but kept us on track leading up to the wedding and oh-so-politely corralled wedding party and family for pictures. The sneak peaks they posted were phenomenal and we received our pictures back well before they were promised. We could not be more pleased with how our pictures turned out and will continue to recommend Jen & Dayton to everyone we know.

2015-08-20T15:06:40 Response from the vendor

Oh my Goodness!!!! Thank you so much Ellen! We loved every minute with you and Pat. Thank you so much for letting us photograph your day and for taking the time to write such a sweet review

So glad to have found Jen & Dayton!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Krisha T

Jen and Dayton are extremely amazing photographers. And they are such a good team. Jen’s creativity and attention to details makes the photos more remarkable. And Dayton’s ability to capture those special candid moments and make them extraordinary helped a lot with my husband... Read More and some family members that were not comfortable in front of the camera. We are definitely impressed with their photos which is why we chose them as our wedding photographers. They just have that ability to make every single photo tell a story. I can’t stop staring at awe at the quality pictures they got for us. I am very happy and thoroughly impressed not only for the photos itself but also the presentation. And to top that, they are also very fun to work with. They help you be at ease with the camera and even provides guidance to help the photos look stunning. I personally love them and would love to work with them again soon in the future. I highly recommend them. They go above and beyond being photographers. Their products, like their services, are just top quality. 10 stars and 4 thumbs up!

2015-09-28T10:50:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krisha!!!! It makes Dayton and I so happy to hear your love your images. Your day was so beautiful and we had such a wonderful time working with you and Mike!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Blair M

As a Bride the one thing that really stressed me out was finding a photographer that was obsessed with "the details" as much as I was. When I met Jen and Dayton I knew they were the perfect pair to capture my special day. Jen and Dayton are absolutely incredible. Every single... Read More moment and detail they captured was perfect. I not only would highly recommend them but I would say you are CRAZY to even consider anyone else. They are simply perfect. Thank you so much for being our photographer!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Kristen S

Jen and Dayton captured our day perfectly. They are so talented and the most genuine couple. I could go on and on about their talent and personalities but the fact that my cousin and sisters have all had/will have them capture their special day speaks for itself. Amazing couple,... Read More amazing work.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kimberly L

Jen and Dayton have been incredible, we can't say enough good things about them! Their attention to detail and organization were just what we were looking for. Their adorable shop in Maplewood is filled amazing furniture and decor pieces from some of our favorite stores. Looking... Read More around during our first meeting I was recognizing a lot of the pieces we have in our own home or that I've had my eye on! From that point on I knew we had a similar style and we were in good hands. We were not wrong. We recently had our engagement session and even though the weather ended up not cooperating for us with a pop up rain shower Jen and Dayton were amazing. Jen's calming voice was just what I needed when things seemed to be going off plan. The images turned out BEAUTIFUL and no one believes us that we had rain during our shoot. They really are the best and we can't wait to have them capture our wedding day!

2016-10-13T11:04:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your sweet review! Jen and I really appreciate it! We have loved getting to know you and Duncan and we can't wait for your Wedding next year!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Andrea V

Jen & Dayton are the most wonderful photographers!! We absolutely loved working with them throughout our entire wedding journey. They started with our engagement shoot in the spring and were willing to trek through the woods and even into a creek with us to get beautiful shots... Read More until dark at Hawn State Park in Ste. Genevieve, MO. We were so appreciative of the fact that they did not put a strict time limit on our engagement shoot, made sure we had a great range of options to choose from, and really spent the time to get to know us personally and as subjects. They made us feel really comfortable. By the time the wedding day came in September, we trusted them completely, were happy to let them do their thing, and had a fantastic time all day taking photos! Our families and friends all complimented their professionalism and seamless working style as well. Jen and Dayton are so kind, considerate, thoughtful and detail-oriented, and such fantastic listeners! The quality of their work stands out as exceptional among the sea of STL photographers. We feel lucky to have met them and are SO excited to see our images from our special day, we know already that they will be stunning.

2016-10-13T11:00:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much you incredibly sweet review! We loved getting to know you and Jo! We can't wait for you to see all the images, you both looked amazing!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Laura C

Jen and Dayton made our day fantastic from start to finish! They made my husband and I feel so comfortable and all of our photographs have turned out beautifully! We wholeheartedly recommend them!

2016-10-13T11:07:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your sweet review! We really enjoyed getting to know you both! We can't wait for you to see the rest of your images!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Angie K

Jen and Dayton make a perfect team and the best photographers! I was familiar with their work prior to finding a photographer for my wedding so knew instantly I had to book them! Their ability to capture any and all of the details of the entire day is like magic. Whether it be... Read More the pictures you don't think to take while getting ready down to the images of the floral arrangements, wedding rings, decor, invitations, etc. they are able to capture everything! They also do an amazing job getting all of the candid photos and reactions from not just the bridal party but also your guests and ensuring every special moment on your wedding day has images. We received several sneak peek photos just days after our wedding and I was taken back by how perfect they were! Working with Jen and Dayton was also effortless. They respond to emails almost instantly and work with you one on one to create a timeline for the wedding day so everything happens seamlessly. They are so willing to go above and beyond to get the best pictures possible and make sure your wedding day is everything you dreamed of. I highly recommend using Jen and Dayton!!

2016-10-07T09:46:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review! We had such a good time with and Andy! We can't wait to start editing your photos!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Katie S

I cannot say enough good things about Jen & Dayton. They truly are THE BEST at what they do! They were the first and last photographers that we met with for our wedding and the easiest choice we made too! We felt extremely awkward about doing photos, especially the engagement... Read More photos, but Jen & Dayton both made us feel so at ease that we actually ended up looking forward to taking our photos at our wedding! On our wedding day when we started to run behind schedule, cutting into our photo time, Jen & Dayton quickly helped us pull together a Plan B to make sure we still got the shots we wanted without having to send anyone (me, the bride :-) ) into freak out mode. They had so many great suggestions and ideas throughout all our wedding planning that I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. When it comes to their level of professionalism they are off the charts and then you see the photos, wow! We've only seen the sneak peak of our photos so far but we were absolutely blown away!! You never would have known we were crunched for time. They are stunning. I may be partial, but the best photos I've seen! We could not be more pleased! Best photographers in St. Louis! Hands down!

2016-10-07T09:48:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! We are so happy that we got to be part of your day! You and Sherman are so much fun! Your day was beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katy M

Jen and Dayton did such an incredible job with our wedding photos and my bridal session! You can tell they love the capturing details and sincerely enjoy their work. If you want timeless, beautiful images and a photography team that will put your mind at ease, book these... Read More wonderful people! We truly could never thank them enough for putting such heart and thought into each and every shot.

2016-10-05T14:20:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We had such a great time getting to know you and we are so happy we were there to capture your day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Alyssa A

Jen and Dayton are the absolute best!! I don't even know where to begin! Not only are they the sweetest people ever, they are AMAZING photographers! They listened to every one of my requests and my wedding photos turned out better than I ever could have imagined. They are so... Read More creative!!! I was lucky enough to see them for 2 consecutive years as they also photographed my 2 cousins weddings! They are such caring and genuine people! Thanks to Jen and Dayton, me and my husband get to look back on our wedding day and smile and remember how wonderful that day was! They are the best of the best! :)

2016-10-05T14:14:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review!! We truly appreciate it! We had so much fun at your Wedding and we have enjoyed seeing and Justin at your cousins weddings! We can't wait to see you all again next year!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lauren H

We love Jen & Dayton! Currently, we live out of the country and they have been so flexible with scheduling our engagement session, times to meet, and everything about our wedding! The day of the wedding Jen & Dayton both asked us multiple times if there is anything we needed or... Read More if there was any specific pictures that we forgot to mention that we would like. It was so HOT that day and they were troopers! We have received our sneak peak pictures and I am absolutely taken back at how beautiful they are. Thank you Jen & Dayton for everything!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Wendy M

As a wedding planner, I had the opportunity to work withJen & Dayton on a 9/4/2016 wedding. They are true professionals and SO easy to work with. I found them to be efficient, courteous, and very respectful of the venues and ceremony. Thanks so much for a great day!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Alison M

I've been stalking Jen & Dayton after seeing one of my former ice hockey cheerleader's photos and just knew they'd rock. So, as soon as we set a date, they were the first photographers we called. Jen & I immediately connected in our first phone conversation and I knew they were... Read More the right choice. Being an out of town bride has its challenges, but Jen & Dayton were extremely flexible with us before, during, and after the wedding. The two complement one another in so many ways and the ability to have them shoot together is such a privilege. Their sweet, calm demeanor felt like a natural extension of our family & friends on the day of. And despite my husband & I feeling a bit nervous to be in the spotlight, they knew just what to do to naturally bring out the best in the both of us. Their attention to details throughout the day and during the editing process shines in every photo. Their natural, organic style and drive to capture real moments is superb. And as a collection, the final photos from Jen & Dayton truly tell the story of our best day ever. We could not be happier with Jen & Dayton and hope we can find another way to work together again!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Taylor B

There truly are no words for how amazing Jen and Dayton are! I could not have been more pleased and impressed with my wedding photos. You really cannot get any better than these two! They have an amazing talent and know exactly how to capture all the special moments... Read More beautifully. I cannot express enough how different our day would have been without these two there. They completely made the wedding. When I look back at all the incredible pictures they took that day it completely blows me away. Thank you Jen and Dayton for making our day absolutely perfect. There is no reason to look any further for photographers, these two are it!

Loved Jen and Dayton,

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We received our pictures last week and we're so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Jen and Dayton. They not only were professional, organized and produced beautiful pictures (which is tough with who they were taking pictures of...) but they were truly wonderful... Read More people as well. We had a unique twist to our wedding and they worked with us to capture the special moments. They calmed nerves and walked us through the picture taking process. Whether you have a big wedding or an intimate wedding, the pictures are the most important aspect because its a reminder of the special day for years to come. If given the chance, I would trust Jen and Dayton again with my big day and would highly recommend then to all of my friends and family. Jen and Dayton - thank you again for being a part of our special day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Pam T

We love Jen and Dayton so much! They are so easy to work with and their photos are stunning. I do not think we could have chosen more perfect photographers for our wedding. They both have an eye for beauty and detail, and can find it in any situation. We are so lucky to have... Read More met them and get to work with them!

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Colleen B

Jen and Dayton were so wonderful to work with! Being husband and wife duo, they know all the right images to capture. They even took the time to travel 50 minutes to our farm for our engagement pictures (which meant the world to us)! Ever image turned out stunning and they truly... Read More made our day perfect! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

Jen & Dayton are fabulous! Not only did we really enjoy them as people, their photography is art! They were always sure to ask for my input and requests as much as possible while also always having great ideas and alternatives! Jen is very organized and structured and really... Read More maintained the pace of our day, which was much appreciated. They were wonderful about telling us how/where/"a little to the left", instead of just "look happy", as I have heard horror stories of other photographers. I am so grateful that we found Jen & Dayton and certainly recommend them to anyone!

2015-08-17T09:57:33 Response from the vendor

Julia, We had such a lovely time with you & Charlie!!!! I'm so happy Dayton & I were there to photograph your day. It was amazing!

Wonderful and Everything I Wanted and More

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jordan F

Jen and Dayton worked with my husband and I through knowing nothing about weddings to feeling like we had the best service and being informed the whole way through. They made us feel so comfortable ecpecially since being photographed is not something we are use too. The quality... Read More of everything they have done was wonderful and they handled all the disctracted family and friends the day of SO WELL!!! Would recommend them to anyone I know!

2015-08-17T10:00:10 Response from the vendor

You just made my day! Thank you so much for such a sweet review. We loved spending the day with you and Brandon! Thank you for letting us be there to capture your day

Look no further!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Lori M

Jen & Dayton photography was probably the best money we spent on our wedding. They are an amazing team... Very easy to work with and brilliantly talented. They put us at ease from the first time we met, taking time to get to know us and give us exactly what we wanted. They paid... Read More particular attention to detail which sets them apart from so many others. Our photographs are simply exquisite and we are so grateful to Jen and Dayton for capturing the memories of our wedding day in pictures we will treasure for a lifetime.

Best and most important vendor for your wedding

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Samantha F

I think one of the most important vendors in any wedding is the photographer and I highly recommend Jen and Dayton Photography. I first had the pleasure of seeing them work in action at a friend's wedding a year before my own. Watching someone work is a great way to learn... Read More about them and see how they carry themselves. I remember being impressed with the way both Jen and Dayton were moving around, getting in the right position and angle to take amazing photos while at the same time being respectful of the ceremony and reception going on. My own wedding was moved up in timing with only 6 days for me to plan everything. I originally thought of having a friend take photos but realized again, this is the most important aspect of the day. The photos are the one reminder and one tangible you have for the rest of the marriage to look back on and relive those moments. This was not something I could simply brush aside. I got Jen's contact information from my friend and contacted her 2 -3 days before my wedding. She was beyond helpful and willing to make my wedding work on such short notice even though they already had 2 other weddings that weekend. One thing I learned about having a short time frame to plan is you get to work with the people that are truly compassionate about what they do and are truly excited to be a part of the bride and groom's big day. So many vendors I contacted said no - Jen and Dayton said of course and also talked about how excited they were! The day of the wedding is the first time we all met, which I think could be problematic for some people. You don't know personalities or how people will mesh - Jen and Dayton are so down to earth and kind it felt like we'd been friends for a long time. I loved that Dayton was able to stay with my groom and the guys to get photos of them while Jen stayed with all us girls. She also really helped with my timeline and keeping us all moving along schedule. With Jen you get a wedding planner and a photographer! They kept us at ease all day and were willing to work with us on whatever photos we wanted. It was a blast spending the day with them and I actually love that they were a part of our day which included a small group of close family and friends. Our photos are truly amazing and sometimes I look at them and think "Wow, who are those people. We forgot to change the photo out of the frame when we bought it." The eye they both have for taking shots and the time spent on editing is what you want for your wedding day memories. It's been hard to pick any favorite photo! There are not enough good things I can say about Jen and Dayton. They are everything you would want in your vendor - professional, amazing at what they do, kind and friendly. They are a part of your wedding day you do not want missing.

Our perfect pick!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Katelyn W

My husband and I picked Jen and Dayton based on their photography style, and fell in love after meeting them! Without a doubt, they were the perfect photographers for us. They did our engagement session, and when our wedding rolled around, Jen was actually recovering from her... Read More illness that struck her to the point of hospitalization! Knowing that Dayton would still be there to capture the day, and that they would hire an equally talented photographer put us at ease. Also, Jen would still help edit the photos which is obviously important. Because of the illness, we waited awhile to get the final product (to no fault of anyone! this was not something you can avoid or prepare for), but it was so worth the wait! And thankfully Jen is doing so much better now, it was surely a stressful time for them :( Jen and Dayton are such amazing people and they really want their clients to be happy. Their style is top-notch, and any couple lucky enough to snag them will be impressed.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jennifer M

Their pictures are fantastic. Sweet team, easy to work with, and helped keep me calm on my wedding day. I was a bridesmaid in another wedding that Jennifer and Dayton shot and I am so glad to have gotten to know them. They are so sweet and do an excellent job. They... Read More completely put me and my husband at ease. Plus Dayton is awesome and he and my husband hit it off right away, which made all of the picture taking that much more enjoyable. I can't wait to work with them more in the future and highly recommend them.

Wonderful pictures and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Laura M

Hiring Jennifer and Dayton to take our engagement and wedding photos was a great decision. They were so easy to work with and took beautiful pictures! We searched and searched for the perfect photographer and are so glad that we found them! We would highly recommend them to... Read More anyone who wants a photographer who is friendly, communicates well, and takes GORGEOUS pictures! Thank you for capturing our special day!

Start a Conversation!