Voted The Knot Best Of by Local Brides

Voted The Knot Best of by local Brides. We are so excited to now be Jen & Dayton Photography (Jennifer L K Thompson Photography).We are a Husband & Wife team & we love getting to know our couples. We specialize in Fine Art, Photojournalism & Natural Light photography.

Bridal Portraits

Second Shooter Available

2712 Sutton , Maplewood, MO

Just Stop Looking – You Can’t Do Better Than Jen and Dayton

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Pat and I cannot speak highly enough about Jen and Dayton. Their work is impeccable – the composition, style and quality of the pictures speak for themselves. I could rave all day about their pictures and their ability to capture all the details and little moments. Their talent... Read More is incredible. They fit in our budget, which was important to us, but the deal was sealed when we met them at their studio. It felt more like catching up with old friends we hadn’t seen in a while rather than meeting with a wedding vendor…and that really set the tone for everything else. I don’t know about most brides, but someone pointing a camera at me and putting me in awkward/unnatural situations does not thrill me…this was definitely not the case with Jen and Dayton. From engagement photos to the wedding, they provided some direction (which was definitely needed and appreciated, including the occasional ‘no duck face’ warning as Pat and I went in for kisses) and then just captured Pat and my interaction. Jen and Dayton made the entire experience relaxed, stress-free and fun…yes FUN! They are relaxed and easygoing – up for any ideas we had which included beer, ice cream, and 2 ornery pups – but kept us on track leading up to the wedding and oh-so-politely corralled wedding party and family for pictures. The sneak peaks they posted were phenomenal and we received our pictures back well before they were promised. We could not be more pleased with how our pictures turned out and will continue to recommend Jen & Dayton to everyone we know.

2015-08-20T15:06:40 Response from the vendor

Oh my Goodness!!!! Thank you so much Ellen! We loved every minute with you and Pat. Thank you so much for letting us photograph your day and for taking the time to write such a sweet review

So glad to have found Jen & Dayton!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Krisha T

Jen and Dayton are extremely amazing photographers. And they are such a good team. Jen’s creativity and attention to details makes the photos more remarkable. And Dayton’s ability to capture those special candid moments and make them extraordinary helped a lot with my husband... Read More and some family members that were not comfortable in front of the camera. We are definitely impressed with their photos which is why we chose them as our wedding photographers. They just have that ability to make every single photo tell a story. I can’t stop staring at awe at the quality pictures they got for us. I am very happy and thoroughly impressed not only for the photos itself but also the presentation. And to top that, they are also very fun to work with. They help you be at ease with the camera and even provides guidance to help the photos look stunning. I personally love them and would love to work with them again soon in the future. I highly recommend them. They go above and beyond being photographers. Their products, like their services, are just top quality. 10 stars and 4 thumbs up!

2015-09-28T10:50:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krisha!!!! It makes Dayton and I so happy to hear your love your images. Your day was so beautiful and we had such a wonderful time working with you and Mike!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Blair M

As a Bride the one thing that really stressed me out was finding a photographer that was obsessed with "the details" as much as I was. When I met Jen and Dayton I knew they were the perfect pair to capture my special day. Jen and Dayton are absolutely incredible. Every single... Read More moment and detail they captured was perfect. I not only would highly recommend them but I would say you are CRAZY to even consider anyone else. They are simply perfect. Thank you so much for being our photographer!

Loved Jen and Dayton,

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We received our pictures last week and we're so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Jen and Dayton. They not only were professional, organized and produced beautiful pictures (which is tough with who they were taking pictures of...) but they were truly wonderful... Read More people as well. We had a unique twist to our wedding and they worked with us to capture the special moments. They calmed nerves and walked us through the picture taking process. Whether you have a big wedding or an intimate wedding, the pictures are the most important aspect because its a reminder of the special day for years to come. If given the chance, I would trust Jen and Dayton again with my big day and would highly recommend then to all of my friends and family. Jen and Dayton - thank you again for being a part of our special day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Pam T

We love Jen and Dayton so much! They are so easy to work with and their photos are stunning. I do not think we could have chosen more perfect photographers for our wedding. They both have an eye for beauty and detail, and can find it in any situation. We are so lucky to have... Read More met them and get to work with them!

Wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Colleen B

Jen and Dayton were so wonderful to work with! Being husband and wife duo, they know all the right images to capture. They even took the time to travel 50 minutes to our farm for our engagement pictures (which meant the world to us)! Ever image turned out stunning and they truly... Read More made our day perfect! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

Jen & Dayton are fabulous! Not only did we really enjoy them as people, their photography is art! They were always sure to ask for my input and requests as much as possible while also always having great ideas and alternatives! Jen is very organized and structured and really... Read More maintained the pace of our day, which was much appreciated. They were wonderful about telling us how/where/"a little to the left", instead of just "look happy", as I have heard horror stories of other photographers. I am so grateful that we found Jen & Dayton and certainly recommend them to anyone!

2015-08-17T09:57:33 Response from the vendor

Julia, We had such a lovely time with you & Charlie!!!! I'm so happy Dayton & I were there to photograph your day. It was amazing!

Wonderful and Everything I Wanted and More

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jordan F

Jen and Dayton worked with my husband and I through knowing nothing about weddings to feeling like we had the best service and being informed the whole way through. They made us feel so comfortable ecpecially since being photographed is not something we are use too. The quality... Read More of everything they have done was wonderful and they handled all the disctracted family and friends the day of SO WELL!!! Would recommend them to anyone I know!

2015-08-17T10:00:10 Response from the vendor

You just made my day! Thank you so much for such a sweet review. We loved spending the day with you and Brandon! Thank you for letting us be there to capture your day

Look no further!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Lori M

Jen & Dayton photography was probably the best money we spent on our wedding. They are an amazing team... Very easy to work with and brilliantly talented. They put us at ease from the first time we met, taking time to get to know us and give us exactly what we wanted. They paid... Read More particular attention to detail which sets them apart from so many others. Our photographs are simply exquisite and we are so grateful to Jen and Dayton for capturing the memories of our wedding day in pictures we will treasure for a lifetime.

Best and most important vendor for your wedding

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Samantha F

I think one of the most important vendors in any wedding is the photographer and I highly recommend Jen and Dayton Photography. I first had the pleasure of seeing them work in action at a friend's wedding a year before my own. Watching someone work is a great way to learn... Read More about them and see how they carry themselves. I remember being impressed with the way both Jen and Dayton were moving around, getting in the right position and angle to take amazing photos while at the same time being respectful of the ceremony and reception going on. My own wedding was moved up in timing with only 6 days for me to plan everything. I originally thought of having a friend take photos but realized again, this is the most important aspect of the day. The photos are the one reminder and one tangible you have for the rest of the marriage to look back on and relive those moments. This was not something I could simply brush aside. I got Jen's contact information from my friend and contacted her 2 -3 days before my wedding. She was beyond helpful and willing to make my wedding work on such short notice even though they already had 2 other weddings that weekend. One thing I learned about having a short time frame to plan is you get to work with the people that are truly compassionate about what they do and are truly excited to be a part of the bride and groom's big day. So many vendors I contacted said no - Jen and Dayton said of course and also talked about how excited they were! The day of the wedding is the first time we all met, which I think could be problematic for some people. You don't know personalities or how people will mesh - Jen and Dayton are so down to earth and kind it felt like we'd been friends for a long time. I loved that Dayton was able to stay with my groom and the guys to get photos of them while Jen stayed with all us girls. She also really helped with my timeline and keeping us all moving along schedule. With Jen you get a wedding planner and a photographer! They kept us at ease all day and were willing to work with us on whatever photos we wanted. It was a blast spending the day with them and I actually love that they were a part of our day which included a small group of close family and friends. Our photos are truly amazing and sometimes I look at them and think "Wow, who are those people. We forgot to change the photo out of the frame when we bought it." The eye they both have for taking shots and the time spent on editing is what you want for your wedding day memories. It's been hard to pick any favorite photo! There are not enough good things I can say about Jen and Dayton. They are everything you would want in your vendor - professional, amazing at what they do, kind and friendly. They are a part of your wedding day you do not want missing.

Our perfect pick!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Katelyn W

My husband and I picked Jen and Dayton based on their photography style, and fell in love after meeting them! Without a doubt, they were the perfect photographers for us. They did our engagement session, and when our wedding rolled around, Jen was actually recovering from her... Read More illness that struck her to the point of hospitalization! Knowing that Dayton would still be there to capture the day, and that they would hire an equally talented photographer put us at ease. Also, Jen would still help edit the photos which is obviously important. Because of the illness, we waited awhile to get the final product (to no fault of anyone! this was not something you can avoid or prepare for), but it was so worth the wait! And thankfully Jen is doing so much better now, it was surely a stressful time for them :( Jen and Dayton are such amazing people and they really want their clients to be happy. Their style is top-notch, and any couple lucky enough to snag them will be impressed.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jennifer M

Their pictures are fantastic. Sweet team, easy to work with, and helped keep me calm on my wedding day. I was a bridesmaid in another wedding that Jennifer and Dayton shot and I am so glad to have gotten to know them. They are so sweet and do an excellent job. They... Read More completely put me and my husband at ease. Plus Dayton is awesome and he and my husband hit it off right away, which made all of the picture taking that much more enjoyable. I can't wait to work with them more in the future and highly recommend them.

Wonderful pictures and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Laura M

Hiring Jennifer and Dayton to take our engagement and wedding photos was a great decision. They were so easy to work with and took beautiful pictures! We searched and searched for the perfect photographer and are so glad that we found them! We would highly recommend them to... Read More anyone who wants a photographer who is friendly, communicates well, and takes GORGEOUS pictures! Thank you for capturing our special day!

Jen and Dayton are AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Alexis H

We stumbled upon Jen and Dayton on the Knot when we were looking for photographers and from my very first meeting with Jen I knew that they HAD to be our wedding photographers! Jen and Dayton were the most kind, fun and thoughtful partners in making our engagement session and... Read More wedding day truly unforgettable. From the first planning of our engagement session, Jen and Dayton helped with any questions or ideas we had. Jen even helped me with wardrobe choices, making sure that my fiance and I looked our best in the photos based on her experience! During our engagement session, Dayton took time and care to make sure every shot was perfect. From the lighting to going to the exact right location, we could not have had any more perfect photos. In preparation for our wedding day, Jen worked with us on our timeline to make sure we had the exact right amount of time to capture the moments we wanted. It ended up working just right and I'm so glad we went with their suggestions. We also used one of their many items from BHLDN for our wedding and it was the perfect small touch to our day. During our photo session in between the ceremony and reception, Jen and Dayton helped us relax and have fun so we could get the photos we wanted. It felt more like having friends out taking photos with us than anything else and it was such a nice way to take a few moments in between the ceremony and reception. We also used their photobooth and it was definitely the highlight of our reception. The backdrop is more interesting than the usual plain photobooth backgrounds and the book they made and sent us home with that night from the photos was so cute and fun and looking over our photobooth photos together was a great way to end the night after we left the reception. After seeing the photos they have already sent to us from our entire day, I could not give them any higher of a recommendation. I only wish we could get married all over again so I could spend an entire day with them again! They made our day so much more fun and we have the pictures that we always wanted, but better. Thank you, Jen and Dayton!! We can't wait to work with you again in the future for family photos!!!

Fantastic Pair!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Katie O

Working with Jen and Dayton has been an absolutely wonderful experience. I was so nervous about engagement pics- would my fiancé hate participating, would it be awkward, would they turn out awful? And upon meeting with them the day of the pictures, my stress and tensions went... Read More away. This husband/wife team are incredibly easy going, creative and fun. They made the entire process a fantastic experience, and even better - the pictures turned out perfect. I hate most pictures of myself, but there's not an engagement picture I don't love. Even my fiancé loves the photos, which is saying a lot. I cannot wait to work with these two again for my wedding. Thus far, it has been one of the best decisions I have made for the big day- second only to my groom and wedding dress, of course ;)

Amazing service and quality!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Melissa O

Jen and Dayton were absolutely amazing from beginning to end. The pride they take in their work shows in everything they do to the results of their hard work. Our pictures are beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Katie M

Dayton and Jen are so wonderful! They make you feel so comfortable, come up with great ideas, and are literally up for anything! They did our engagement pictures in 100 degrees at Forest Park Boathouse! I could not be more happy with the results and loved our session! We can't... Read More wait for the wedding!

Absolutely Amazing Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Maggie M

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing Jen and Dayton are! Our wedding photos are all I wanted and so much more!

Could not have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Kacey Q

Jen and Dayton of Jennifer L.K. Thompson Photography have been beyond amazing! I first contacted Jen about photographing our wedding a year out from our wedding date. She was already nearly booked for 2014, which only begins to show how sought after she is. She and Dayton were... Read More extremely professional, but also completely warm and inviting. They are the kind of people that you meet once and feel like you have known for years. When planning a wedding, it can be very stressful and having vendors like them was amazing! They make you feel very comfortable during shoots. During the ceremony and reception, I can't tell you how may people came up to me and complimented both Jen and Dayton about how "not-it-the-way" they were. I have heard horror stories about photographers ruining views for guests, and that was definitely not an issue. Jen and Dayton also worked amazingly well with our other vendors. Overall, I think anyone would be lucky to have them photograph their wedding!

Beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Erica D

We are so happy that we booked Jennifer L.K. Thompson Photography for our wedding! We have looked at the photos of our wedding over and over again and we are just so thrilled with how beautiful they are and how they really capture our authentic expressions and all the important... Read More moments of our special day. Jennifer is an outstanding photographer, and the composition, color and artistry in her photos is phenomenal. We had high expectations based on the photos in her portfolio, but our wedding photos exceeded our expectations. We took our engagement photos with Jennifer and Dayton in November, on what turned out to be very cold day. They gave us the option to reschedule due to the weather, but we went ahead with the shoot. I was so impressed that Jennifer and Dayton were willing to be outside in freezing weather and take the time to get perfect photos. Jennifer had great ideas for locations, and the photos turned out beautifully and did not look overly staged. We met with Jennifer a month before the wedding, and she took detailed notes about our timeline and any specific photos we would want. Based on how our engagement photos turned out, I had great confidence in Jennifer and Dayton for our wedding photos. While Jennifer was always willing to take any photos that I wanted, I felt very comfortable relying on her ideas. She is a true professional and I trusted her to have a good eye for locations and composition. In addition, Jennifer was very prompt in responding to emails, which is important during the hectic stress of wedding planning. On the day of the wedding, Jennifer and Dayton arrived early and made the most of the time that they had there. It was really nice to have two photographers; Dayton took shots of the groom and groomsman before the wedding, while Jennifer took photos of the bridesmaids and me. Jennifer and Dayton took beautiful pictures of the ceremony that captured all the important moments, without being distracting during the ceremony. They also did a great job of efficiently handling group photos after the ceremony. Dayton called out the names in an efficient order based on the list we had given them in advance, and we did all the group photos in about a half hour. We then took additional shots outside of my husband and me and the wedding party. These photos are absolutely wonderful, and I am so glad that we built in time in our schedule for this. The photos she took of my husband and me then are beautiful and really captured our emotions on that day. After that, Jennifer and Dayton went to the reception location and took some great shots of the venue and the guests. Jennifer noticed that my hair wasn’t staying in place, and she quietly pulled me aside and fixed it herself with bobby pins. That is truly going above and beyond what was expected, and I was very grateful. They also got great pictures of the cake cutting, toasts and the dance. I just can’t say enough about how beautiful our pictures were and how highly I recommend Jennifer and Dayton. In addition to being great photographers they are very nice people who really put us at ease on the wedding day.

2014-07-09T07:15:50 Response from the vendor

You are the best Erica! I woke up this morning to this and it just means so much so have you write such a beautiful review for Dayton and I. It means so much to us the you and Jonathon love your images and had... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Michelle P

We used Jen and Dayton for our wedding in April 2014. They did such a fantastic job for us and we couldn’t be more pleased. They were well organized and professional, but at the same time FUN and friendly. They were able to capture all the emotion, excitement, and love of our... Read More wedding day. They are both so talented and such kind people. They were also so patient with our crazy/hyper wedding party and they worked very well with our videographers. We've received numerous compliments on our wedding photos. Friends and family have told me that many of our photos look like the cover of a magazine. We are just so impressed with their talent!! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2014 Kelly R

Jen and Dayton are amazing photographers to work with. Jen took the time to sit down with me and go over pictures I want, a timeline, and where to go for pictures. She even helped me with other wedding related things not related to photography. Her and her husband make an... Read More awesome team. Many of the people in my wedding party commented on how amazing they were. I would highly recommend them for your wedding. They even drove an hour to do our engagement shoot in a small IL town in the snow!!!!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Daniele F

Jen and her husband, Dayton, are absolutely wonderful to work with!! From the 1st moment I spoke with Jen, I just knew it was going to be a great experience! She is always so excited to talk to you and no matter how many questions you have, she is always happy to answer them and... Read More does so quickly! You spend a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day so it is important to have someone you enjoy being around. Jen and Dayton balance eachother well and are a good combination for the bride and groom! With the high level of service that they offer, I thought their price was very fair! We also used their photo booth for our wedding and got so many compliments on it! Everyone was impressed with all of the vintage props (not like your typical silly props) and the quality of the pictures! Jen and Dayton really did help to make our day enjoyable and we will without a doubt be using them in future life events!

Mrs. Busch

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Jenna H

we absolutely loves Jen and Dayton! They were awesome. They took such good care of us. The day was very hot and they were more concerned about me and how I was doing even though Jen struggled with the heat for a minute! Anyone who ever is privileged enough to be photographed by... Read More them on their wedding day will have a wonderful experience. We couldn't have been happier with them!

Great photos and great customer service!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Elizabeth P

Jen & Dayton are amazing. From the first call we received top notch service. Jen is always quick to respond to emails and the turn around on photos was almost immediate. No only was the service superior, but the photography and finshed product is art. Jen and Dayton elevate... Read More wedding photos to artistic expressions of beautiful memories. They were able to capture all our special moments. If you want truly beautiful photos look no further tham Jennifer L.K. Thompson Photography.