Jennifer's Bridal

Jennifer's is a unique bridal boutique catering to you, the bride. We have carefully selected an exquisite selection of couture designers, and our professional staff is here to help you create your dream dress. An intimate setting allows our clients to have a truly special experience to remember.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Fashion

500 Hockessin Corner, Hockessin, DE

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Christine S

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing Jennifer, Amy, and the rest of the staff at Jennifer's was throughout my whole experience. From finding my dress, to alterations, to (very) last minute accessory changes, they were all so genuinely nice & eager to help. They give you... Read More more of a personalized experience when trying on dresses & don't overcrowd their boutique. You guys were truly AMAZING! Thank you so much for everything :)

2015-09-08T16:22:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you sweet review. YOu are awesome and we love you!

The BEST Bridal Shop

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I had the hardest time finding a dress for my wedding. I went to multiple other stores and tried on over 50 different dresses before finally discovering Jennifer's Bridal. From the moment I walked in, I knew I would find my dress here. The staff was amazingly helpful and... Read More extremely nice. Their selection was the best I found in all of the greater Philadelphia area. In fact, the first dress I tried on at Jennifer's was the dress I bought! Not to mention, I found a beautiful veil, head piece, and earrings all at once with my dress! My wedding was all the way in the Alabama, but the ladies at Jennifer's took care of all of the shipping logistics to make sure my dress made to Alabama in time for my wedding. I was also crunched for time for alterations, but their seamstress worked with my schedule and did and excellent job with the alterations. I strongly recommend this shop to anyone looking for the perfect wedding dress. The price was high, but the quality of dress and service I received from Jennifer's was the best I could have imagined. It was worth every penny. Jennifer's bridal is simply put, the absolute best!

2015-10-19T09:43:42 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet! We all enjoyed every moment working with you, and I am so glad you were able to find your dream dress here! We hope the day was everything you hoped for, and please send pictures when you have them! Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Bridal Salon, Beautifully Managed

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jackie D

I had the best experience at Jennifer's Bridal after visiting a few competitors in the Wilmington, DE area. The store was perfectly maintained and was welcoming with gorgeous white dresses lining the walls of the shop. I liked that this shop doesn't sell bridesmaid or MOB... Read More dresses; it creates a very personal and special experience for the bride. The employees at the store and Jennifer herself are incredibly helpful and genuine. They really make you feel important! They kept me informed from the day I bought my dress through the time it came in and assisted in getting the alteration appointments set up, which a busy wedding planning bride can really appreciate. My dress was perfect on my wedding day; I got so many compliments and I have Jennifer's Bridal to thank. I recommend to ALL brides in the tri-state area.

2015-10-19T09:45:30 Response from the vendor

Aww, thank you! You were always so much fun to work with! We are dying to see pictures of your big day! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and congratulations!! xo

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Courtney W

I cannot thank you enough for such a wonderful day. I walked in today feel anxious because my other experience trying on dresses was so poor. As soon as I walked in, you knew the perfect dress for me and boy was it! I totally recommend Jennifer's Bridal. The atmosphere was so... Read More relaxing and I am in love with my dress. 😊

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 courtney h

I loved my dress shopping experience with Jennifer's! It was a relaxing experience and I felt pampered having one on one attention unlike other dress shops that are crowded with bridal parties and you're sharing a staff member. I had my eyes on a dress I found online that no one... Read More had in store. Jennifer's was able to ship a sample for free while other salons were asking for a fee. I said yest to the dress that day but Sara let me know there was a trunk show coming up that could save me money if I called in in a few weekends. Even though I loved the one dress I came for, their selection was well curated and I swooned over them every time I came in for a fitting. I also was traveling from out of town and they were always available able to fit me in on Saturdays and Sundays. Everyone at Jennifer's was super friendly and made us feel at home when we went there. The seamstress was reasonable and timely and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect dress!

2015-10-23T12:47:30 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! We would love to see pictures of you in your gorgeous Blush dress! Congratulations, and thank you for taking the time to review us!! xo

Top Notch Bridal Boutique

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Danielle H

From the moment I stepped into Jennifer's I knew it was a special place. This was the only bridal boutique I went to in search for my perfect dress. The staff is so willing to go above and beyond, while being so patient in order to help each and every bride find the perfect... Read More dress. The dress I chose was the 8th dress I tried on. Sarah, who works there then added a belt to the dress and when I turned around to look into the mirros, I lost it. I knew then and there that dress was "the one." Even past my last fitting they were there if I needed anything. They make you feel like family, which meant a lot to my family and I.

2015-09-08T16:21:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Danielle for your sweet review. Your kind words mean so much. All our brides are like family. We are so blessed to do what we do and to have made a new friend. Jennifer

Love them!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Jennifer J

The women at Jennifer's bridal are just wonderful. Every time I went in there they were professional and kind. My dress was everything I could have imagined (and more). They really helped me find my dream dress. I have recommended them to anyone in the area. We tried a few... Read More bridal salons in the Delaware area, and Jennifer's was definitely my favorite. Also, their seamstresses are AWESOME!

2015-10-19T09:47:04 Response from the vendor

We love hearing your dress was everything you hoped for! That's what we are here for:) Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and best wishes from all of us! xo

Go to Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Amber b

I started dress shopping a year in advance because I wanted to take my time & exhaust all options. With that being said I visited 8-10 salons. Jennifer's was on my list because they were the only salon I could find within an hour from me that carried a specific designer. The... Read More salon is small, but has much better quality of dresses than most of the salons I went to that had a larger quantity of dresses. I also appreciate that the gowns are not hung up in those frumpy bags that don't allow you to actually see the dress until you are trying it on. Sarah was wonderful from beginning to end & made me feel at home. Jennifer even reached out to me at one point when there was an issue with ordering my dress. I was lucky enough to end my search at Jennifer's & have already referred a few friends!

2015-08-11T14:22:58 Response from the vendor

awhhh thanks Alanna. You were so much fun to work with and your pictures are amazing! What a beautiful bride you were! We are so honored to add you to our list of friends. Best wishes for the happiest of futures.

Hands Down the Best Bridal Boutique

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

I ended up at Jennifers late in the day on a Saturday afternoon (after a long day of dress shopping at other bridal salons that were less than exciting). Jennifer was able to squeeze me in for an appointment (on a Saturday!) and even stayed an hour late with my mom and I. That... Read More was the first of many visits to Jennifers. During the beginning stages of my wedding dress shopping I knew the style of dress I wanted..but just couldn't find THE dress. After searching online, I found THE dress. Jennifer offered the designer in store, but not this specific dress. She was nice enough to order the dress in for me, as well as another dress that was a very similar style. During my time at Jennifers I was fortunate enough to work with Jennifer, Amy, and Sarah...I could not pick a favorite if I had to, they are all SO sweet and amazing at what they do! I ended up purchasing THE dress, a dress for my rehearsal dinner, and a dress for brunch (the morning after our wedding) all from Jennifers. I loved each dress so very much, in fact I could of cried changing out of my wedding dress knowing I will never get to wear it again. Not only do they offer dresses from the best designers, they also offer accessories from Haute Bride (and they are nothing short of amazing..SO pretty!) I can not thank the girls enough for their kindness, patience, and exceptional service. If you are reading this review in the beginning stages of bridal dress shopping, start at Jennifers, you will not have to worry about looking anywhere else for your dream gown. Highly recommended!

2015-09-08T16:23:54 Response from the vendor

Reading back thru our reviews and just about cried reading this. YOu are too sweet and we miss you! You had the most amazing wedding and we had so much fun working with you putting all the details together. Hope you are well. Best wishes... Read Less Read More

best selection of gowns

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Kayla A

Where do I even start with Jennier's Bridal? I can't say how highly I think of this place. If you are within a 100 mile radius, I suggest checking them out. They not only have a BEAUTIFUL selection but the dresses are of high quality. Every one who worked there remembered me... Read More every time I came in and were willing to work with me on anything I needed. Of course, because of the quality of the dresses, they are a little bit higher in price range but I had a dress that was unique and different from any other wedding I have been to. If I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing about my dress or where I got it! Thanks Jennifer's Bridal!

2015-05-29T13:41:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Kayla! You were so sweet to work with, and we loved seeing the picture of you on your wedding day- you were a true princess! Congratulations!! xoxo

Excellent service, beautiful dresses

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Anne B

I had a great time at Jennifer's - the service was excellent and they were flexible when I needed a last minute appointment when my mom and sister came into town. I'm pretty sure I was shopping at the lower end of their price range, but never felt any less important. (FYI -... Read More the dresses do not have price tags on them, but if you want to know before you try it on, don't hesitate to ask! Sarah was great about looking up anything I needed to know. I wanted to avoid falling in love with something I couldn't afford!) Karen does their alterations - it was convenient and I felt they were all very well done. She even steamed my family veil for me.

2015-05-29T13:43:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Congratulations!! xo

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lare G

I am SO happy with how my dress turned out from Jennifers. I walked in with my best friend who was also getting married. We both were able to find our dream dress that same day! The ladies were so great to work with and made my visits feel so personalized and unique. They... Read More even were able to add details from another dress to mine to customize it to my personal liking. I had so many compliments on my dress!! Would definitely recommend Jennifers to anyone looking for a unique dress and for exceptional service!

2014-10-09T16:33:03 Response from the vendor

Lare, yay! We are so happy for you and cannot wait to see more photos. We saw a few on facebook and you looked stunning. It was the perfect gown for you. And we loved that you personalized it. We hope that you will keep... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Ashlee M

I absolutely love the range of styles that the store offers, along with the service. They made me feel one of a kind, not just like another sale like some stores have a tendency to do. The undivided attention, mixed with all of the options was just awesome! I would recommend... Read More Jennifer's to anyone who is getting married, in the wedding party or even if you just want a cocktail dress with stunning accessories. LOVE!

2014-10-05T10:29:53 Response from Amy, the member

Ashley, thank you so much for your sweet review. Congratulations to you! Your photos were beautiful. We are all so happy for you!

Beautiful and Affordable!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Amanda F

I recently got married on Sept 19th and purchased my absolute dream dress from Jennifer's in November at their Black Friday (Saturday) sale. I wasn't expecting much from the small Delaware boutique but was SHOCKED to find a million dress choices that I loved! Even better, they... Read More were much more affordable than I would have thought judging by how nice the store is! I went to Jennifer's because they carry JLM Couture dresses and ended up with a beautiful Tara Keely dress. Susan, the seamstress, worked so patiently with me to ensure that the dress fit as perfectly as I'd imagined. The alterations were more than affordable and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful dress for my wedding day. Everything was fantastic and I plan on sending all my engaged friends to Jennifer's!

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Jillian E

I bought a dress at Jennifer's for my wedding this past August. They were all so amazing to work with and did a great job making my dress shopping experience absolutely perfect. I live about 11 hours away from the store and they worked so well with me to schedule fittings and... Read More even ship my dress to me before the big day. I would highly recommend!

A Cinderella Experience

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Amanda F

Jennifer's was such a wonderful experience. From the first time I stepped into the their store, I knew this would be the place I found my dream gown. So many girls I knew who were already married ALL recommended Jennifer's as the BEST place to buy your gown at. After coming to... Read More the store, and going through the entire process with them, I realize why. The true passion the owners have shines through every aspect of their business. They truly want the very best for each bride, and they work their very hardest to go above and beyond. I recommend Jennifer's to every bride I come into contact with. I loved my experience and feel that every girl should be made to feel as special as they made me feel! It was truly a dream come true experience. I found my dream gown, and truly felt spectacular on my wedding day. Thank you Jennifer's!!!!

2014-09-11T16:13:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. You made us cry. I literally have chills from your sweet review. We love what we do and are so happy that shines through. Congratulations and best wishes to you in your new marriage!

Best Bridal Experience

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Laurie M

Jennifer's Bridal was a wonderful place to buy my dress and have the alterations completed. The entire staff was helpful and friendly and went out of their way for every aspect of the dress experience. They have a gorgeous selection and a beautiful showroom. I had a blast... Read More everytime I visited Jennifer's and would definitely recommend the shop to other brides who want to the highest quality and not totally break the bank! love love love Jennifer's Bridal

2014-07-18T09:40:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We truly love what we do, and it is because of awesome brides like yourself! Can't wait to see pictures from the big day. Enjoy being a Mrs.! xoxo

Jennifer's is wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Aven S

Jennifer's was amazing! She was really good at responding to my e-mails and answering all my questions when I wanted an update on my dress. I got to work with Jennifer directly and she helped me build my dream dress. I walked in not knowing exactly what I wanted and Jennifer... Read More helped me try on lots of dresses. My mom, 3 sisters and I all got to pull dresses for me to try on. I tried one on and loved the top but wasn't crazy about the bottom. It was a Modern Trousseau, so we were able to 'build' our own dress. I got one with polka-dots and I absolutely LOVED it! I never thought I'd have a dress with polka-dots but it was perfect thanks to Jennifer's! I got so many compliments on my dress and I was so excited to be able to finally wear it! -Aven Schorran King

2014-07-18T09:43:13 Response from the vendor

It's so much fun when our brides find out their dream gown is something they would have never imagined! It should be a dress unlike any other you will ever wear, and yours was perfect! One of kind just for you:) Congratulations and best wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Lauren L

Jennifer's Bridal is outstanding, the dresses are all gorgeous and the customer service can't be beat. I loved my dress and experience shopping here!

2014-07-01T13:41:30 Response from Amy, the member

Lauren, Yay! We had so much fun working with you. We wish we could do it all again! You were amazingly beautiful and so proud that we can say you were a Jennifer's bride! Loved all your photos! All of our love and best wishes... Read Less Read More

Best bridal boutique in Delaware

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Stacy N

I visited dozens of bridal boutiques in DE, PA, NJ and NY looking for the perfect wedding dress. The wedding dresses at Jennifer’s are beautiful and unlike those at any other bridal boutique in the area. And Jennifer and her staff offered the best customer service by far. They... Read More were extremely welcoming and helpful. For instance, Jennifer ordered dresses I found online (that she did not carry in the store) for me to try on. I ultimately decided to purchase another dress, and Jennifer was patient and understanding throughout the whole process. And when I placed a last minute order for a sash, Jennifer made sure I had it in time for my wedding (it even arrived early). Jennifer seems to really care about her customers and helping to make their wedding day perfect. I also need to mention the seamstress Jennifer’s recommends, Karen. Karen is fantastic! Her work is impeccable – she even fixed my second reception dress that another seamstress botched. She was a pleasure to work with and scheduled multiple fittings to make sure my dress fit perfectly. I highly recommend her.

2014-04-10T12:21:02 Response from the vendor

Stacy I loved your gown and loved working with you and the belt was well...amazing! The perfect touch! I am so happy for you. Congratulations! Please send us a photo!

Great little shop

Reviewed on 1/21/2014 Heather J

It's such a shame that Jennifer's also does not offer bridesmaid dresses, because I would have probably gotten them there as well. They were very patient with me during the whole process of trying to decide which dress to buy. If you are looking for a bargain dress, this may... Read More not be the place for you, although you can sometimes find a decent deal off the rack. I wound up falling in love with a dress that I would never have picked out for myself. They even took time to let me come by and "visit" the sample on the rack while I was still making my decision.

My unexpected dream come true

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Steffi H

Jennifer's is the place to go if you want a pleasant and stress-free shopping experience. I was dreading gown shopping and went to Jennifer's on a whim because of a sale... it was the best choice I could have made in finding a dress vendor. The service at this adorable shop is... Read More superb, and you couldn't ask for a more couture selection of gowns in Delaware. Having worn many gowns in pageants and events, I knew that it would be difficult to find a dress that could compare or that would satisfy my particular preferences. Jennifer worked with great patience and helpful suggestions to let me know that whatever I needed, they could provide. Five stars is definitely not enough for Jennifer's Bridal.

2013-11-19T13:19:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so so much for you amazing review! We are so happy that you had such a great experience here as we really enjoyed getting to work with you and sharing in your special day! Congratulations!!

BEST place to buy a dress

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Tracy R

Jennifer's Bridal could not have made my dress buying experience more special. With a calm and intimate setting, and not the hussle of a crowded New York store, Jennifer's is the perfect bridal boutique. They carry designer dresses for fantastic prices! I loved my time there... Read More and the dress I finally picked was the 2nd one I tried on!

2013-11-14T10:32:16 Response from the vendor

Tracy, Thank you so much for your kind review. We love what we do and are so glad you enjoyed your bridal experience here at Jennifer's. We wish you all the happiness in the world!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Jennifer D

I lucked out in finding a sample sale dress here! The boutique has Gorgeous designer dresses (which normally I could never afford!) but their sample sales are Awesome and I found the perfect one! The staff was incredibly helpful as well as the seamstress that they work with.

2013-07-18T16:24:55 Response from the vendor

Jennifer, Thank you for you kind words. We are so happy Sydney found the perfect girl to take her home. We are truly happy for you and it was our pleasure to be able to share in your special day!

Great Selection & Quality Dresses!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Jackie B

Jennifer's Bridal was the only place in Delaware where I even considered looking twice for my bridal gown. I tried several other places before finding Jennifer's, and they were just rows and rows of crispy fake-feeling dresses hung in plastic bags. Jennifer's is anything but... Read More that! They carry all the high-end, eco friendly, and made in the USA designers. I bought my gown during their June sample sale, which really helped to keep us in the right price point. Also, the atmosphere there is fantastic. They only have 2 dressing rooms, so it is never crowded and the store is just gorgeous. If you are looking for that perfect dress - make an appointment at Jennifer's!

Amy and Jennifer

Jennifer founded Jennifer's Bridal in 1996 to give brides the ultimate bridal shopping experience where you feel like family, and Amy became part of the family 10 years ago during her final year of college at the University of Delaware. In 2011, Amy joined Jennifer as an owner, and the store is getting ready to celebrate 20 years of business. Both Jennifer and Amy are married with children (Jennifer has 7, Amy has 2), and the bridal salon is like a second home to them both. They both are looking forward to another 20 years together at Jennifer's helping beautiful brides find their dress!