Jennuine Cakes

Cakes + Desserts

4003 Saltsburg Rd, Murrysville, PA

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Haley G

Jennuine Cakes and Café was amazing to work with for our wedding day. Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful, but even more importantly it was delicious! This was the best tasting wedding cake we tried surpassing all other cakes and made the trip across town well worth it.... Read More Jennifer was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend Jennuine Cakes and Café.

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Jodee G

Amazing and unique cake. Met with Jennifer for a tasting and was able to design a unique, yet affordable wedding cake. Delivered downtown for us for a low fee. Would highly recommend!

Lots of Enjoyment

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Courtney P

I personally did not eat any of my cake on my wedding day but I had lots of guests tell me the cake was delicious!!! I had almond and chocolate cake with chocolate raspberry icing.

best cake i've ever tasted and for a great price!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Emily

Literally the best cake I've ever tasted! I am a 100% chocolate person but the almond cake with lemon buttercream and raspberry fruit fillings were so delicious I didn't even get a chocolate cake for my wedding! And literally half the cost of the majority of pittsburgh bakeries... Read More (ie Bethel). 100% recommend, small town husband/wife business that'll make whatever image and flavor you envision!

Gorgeous AND Delicious!!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Dayna S

I cannot even begin to explain how impressed that I am with Jennuine Cakes. We ordered my Bridal shower cupcakes, my groom's cake, and my wedding cake at this shop. All 3 were incredible and better than what I wanted! She hit the nail on the head for what I wanted and all 3... Read More tasted absolutely delicious. Jennifer is very talented and so easy to work with. I highly recommend getting cakes or cupcakes through Jennuine.

Beautiful & Tasty

Reviewed on 1/26/2014

Although I only had 1 bite of my wedding cake, it was tasty! We heard lots of positive comments about it, too. Jen put together a beautiful ombré design I requested that looked perfect with the colors of the day. Without the fondant. It was just what I wanted and reasonably... Read More priced!

Fantastic Cake!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Liz G

Everyone loved the cake and complimented us on both how awesome it looked and how good it tasted! We had a Harry Potter themed cake - it was a bunch of books from the series. We told her what we wanted and gave her a picture that was a general idea, and she did an amazing job... Read More bringing that idea to life. Also, the cake tasted fantastic! We had chocolate, lemon raspberry, and red velvet. The lemon raspberry was by far the best. Definitely recommend them!

special cake

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Jessica D

From the day we started planning our wedding, my husband said that I could make all of the decisions for the wedding, but he wanted a peanut butter and jelly cake. I thought he was crazy. When we went to taste test cake, he told her his dream of a PB&J cake and she said she... Read More could make it happen. It was delicious and beautiful. I can't wait for our 1-year anniversary some can take the top out of the freezer and eat it. :)

Jennuine Cakes

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Mary Beth G

My wedding cake from Jennuine Cakes and Cafe was truly the most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen. In addition to being beautiful, it tasted wonderful! We had 2 different flavors, each equally delicious. Our wedding guests were actually asking for a second piece so they... Read More could taste each flavor. I would recommend Jennuine Cakes to anyone and am looking forward to using them again in the future.

Best Cakes EVER!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Jody C

I used Jennuine Cakes for my wedding in 2008 and my sister just used them for her wedding this pas weekend. The cakes were amazing. They are beautiful and delicious. I will use Jennuine cakes for all of my cake/cupcake needs and I highly recommend them! Even the caterers who... Read More have been to a ton of weddings commented that it was the best cake they've had!

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Randi C

I did cake pops for my shower and a sheet cake for my wedding. The are amazingly delicious and fresh and the prices are great. I had so many compliments on both desserts. Will use them for any cake I need!

Wedding cake venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Lauren T

Jennifer was absolutely wonderful and the treats were delicious! We had a Rice Krispie wedding cake and she put raspberry icing in the middle with white icing on the outside. It was super light and everyone loved it. They also made cookie trays for my shower and for the wedding... Read More as well. So yummy!

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Julie H

Jennuine Cakes did an amazing job for my wedding!!! I decided to have 8" cakes as my center pieces so I ended up having 9 different flavors. Several of my guests told me it was the best wedding cake they ever had. When I met with Jennifer we went over what I had in mind and the... Read More cakes turned out beautifully. She is very talented. She even made sugar peonies to top each cake. Their prices are incredibly reasonable, especially considering the quality of the product. I looked at 5 bakeries before I picked this one. Hands down, best cake and best prices in Pittsburgh. I did have an issue getting in touch with them a couple of weeks before the wedding but I found out I had been talking to their son who was not relaying the messages. I'm recommending Jennuine Cakes to all of my friends. You won't regret using them for your wedding and you'll probably save a little money too!

Beautiful and tasty!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 AMY D

We have not only had their catering many times but also made Jennuine cakes a part of numerous occasions--most important though, was our wedding day! Jennifer at the shop is easy to work with and does an excellent job! The details of our three tiered display cake were spot on... Read More and the taste was delicious-almond with raspberry and cream filling. We also had a sheet cake to cut so guests could have a choice. The sheet cake was a triple chocolate cake with chocolate icing, chips throughout and a chocolate ganache filling. Surprisingly enough, it was not overly sweet! That's what we love about their icing--it is the perfect amount of flavor and sweetness. Their food and desserts are a must try!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Lindsey S

Our wedding cake was perfect! I am not a big cake eater, I usually skip it at birthday parties and weddings but our cake was SO good! I got a taste with the cake cutting and after dinner I actually ate a piece (I may have even eaten my husbands piece too!) She decorated it... Read More beautifully, exactly how I envisioned it. After the wedding our refidgerater broke and we lost our cake top so I plan on ordering a new one from Jennuine Cakes for our first anniversary :)

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Jill M

We were so happy with our cake from Jennuine Cakes. Jennifer did an absolutely gorgeous job on the "lace" design on the cake, and the guests raved about how delicious it was. Now, I recently went vegan before my wedding day, and Jennifer was more than accommodating for my... Read More request! She happily listened to my desire to have a small vegan cake (separate from the three-tiered cake) that we would use to cut into and that would be my dessert. She was the only vendor that was open to doing this and I really appreciated her effort, and the cake was delicious :-) We also found her pricing to be very reasonable. Highly recommend!

cookies and cake

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Allie M

the cake was beautiful. everything that i asked for, bling and all. the cockies at the end of the night were excellent. everyone including myself so very pleased

excellent excllent excellent!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Jennifer S

Gorgeous and Delicious

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Alexis M

I was very particular about my cake from look to taste to budget. When my husband and I arrived to the reception we were in awe. The cake was beyond what I was hoping in terms of look and it tasted better than I remembered from the intial tasting. So often people dont... Read More remember the cake or have a chance to eat it, but I've had so many guests rave about how wonderful it was. I even had someone ask to take an additional piece home. I really enjoyed working with Jennifer

delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 12/23/2010 Erin D

We went to Jennifer with a photo and an idea and she created the most beautiful delicious cake. We received many compliments. The caramel icing is wonderful especially for fall weddings.

Peach Melba & Triple Chocolate with PB Mousse-

Reviewed on 10/25/2010 Jennifer B

We loved our cake. Reasonably priced & delicious. It was beautiful, a three-tier square cake with a small blue dot decorating it.

Reviewed on 6/28/2010

Our Cake was one of the best things about our wedding, and one of the most reasonably priced! Other bakerys with bigger names, end up sending stale, not so good cakes, but Jennuine is the best in the PGH area! Order with them, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! Our cake was... Read More beautiful and fresh for days after the wedding!!! :)

Review for Jennuine Cakes and Cafe

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jenni V

She was conscious of our wedding budget. She gave us tips on how to save some money without losing any of the elegance. She had several pictures for us to look at, but we were still able to change a couple details to give us the cake we wanted. We were able to use flowers that... Read More matched the bouquets and ribbon to match the bridesmaids' dresses. Also, we had a unique cake topper that had to be placed on the side and she was able to make the cake look like it was made for it. And the taste was delicious! We have since gone to her for birthday and shower cakes. If we lived any closer, we'd be +50 lbs.

Review for Jennuine Cakes and Cafe

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kristen S

She made my cake exactly as I wanted, no questions asked. Any ideas I threw at her, it was no problem. This was not my experience with other bakeries I had previously talked to. The cake turned out perfect, as if it had come directly from a picture in my mind! It was a 4-tier... Read More stacked square layer cake covered with white fondant and the edges were made to look like bamboo. Everyone at the wedding said it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. We had 2 layers of chocolate batter with a ganache filling and 2 layers of white batter, one with strawberry jam filling and one with raspberry jam filling. Delicious! I LOVED my cake.

TO Jennuine Cakes