Jess Dewes Photography

Jess Dewes Photography

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

6505 Michigan Ave, Saint Louis, MO

We couldn't be more pleased!

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Tess H

My husband and I reached out to Jess just after we were engaged. We hadn’t even set a date yet! We had seen her photos before and KNEW she was the photographer for us. If you look through her portfolio, her photos will speak for themselves. They are truly works of art! Best of all, the woman behind the camera is equally as lovely. She is expressive, patient, creative, and has that special way about her that instantly makes people feel comfortable with her. Throughout our wedding planning, Jess went above and beyond—even giving us recommendations for other vendors we needed for our reception! Something particularly touching she did for us: My father-in-law fell ill just before the wedding. She knew we were moving him into a nursing home, and that we were trying to make it as comfortable and homey for him as possible. Jess readjusted her editing schedule to prepare us a photo of him with our family she took at the wedding. She made certain we would have it in time to have it printed and framed and placed in his room before he arrived. Talk about great customer service! We could not be more pleased with Jess' photos. Investing in her was hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! The flowers died, the food was eaten, and the music ended. However, thanks to Jess, our memories are alive and well when we look our photos. We will forever treasure them.

Best Photographer EVER

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Megan B

Jess and her team of Photographers did an amazing job at our wedding. I am so happy I hired her. It rained all day and she was still able to take beautiful pictures inside. She caught so many wonderful shots and made us so happy with our pictures. I recommend her to every new bride!

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 1/18/2012 Christina P

Jess and her assistant, JJ, photographed my New Years Eve wedding. We chose to have the "portrait studio" for our guests, too. I'm so glad that Jess was available to shoot our wedding. I love what I've seen of the photos so far, and the portrait studio was definitely a great idea. She got some amazing family photos that everyone loves. Jess also did my bridal portraits on the roof of the Grand Center Arts Academy. It was really cold up there in the middle of December, but the photos were beautiful and unique. You absolutely will not regret hiring Jess to photograph your wedding. She is very talented and she's also fun to work with!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Missy M

Having Jess shoot our wedding was, hands down, the right choice. We could not be more thrilled with our photos! Jess has a way of making everyone she interacts with feel at ease. She is funny, professional, has a great eye and a ton of talent! She can also put the Jedi mind trick on even the most feisty of children. She was able to corral all of the various nieces and nephews with no trouble at all. Jess's work beautifully captured our wedding day and our feelings for each other, and most of the time we weren't even aware we were being photographed. We can't express how appreciative we are to have such amazing photos of our wedding day. We recommend Jess to anyone, she is awesome!! Missy & Bill Reiter

One of the easiest decision's you'll make!

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Sarah R

From when we first sat down with her to discuss photos, Jess took the anxiety out of choosing a photographer, and really listened to what we wanted and described how she could capture the moments we wanted. She took some time to just get to know us and to learn what we thought was important about our wedding, even when it was in the planning stages. We had a non-traditional wedding with three major events, so we could maximize the time we spent with our out of town guests. The ceremony in the morning, an afternoon reception, and a post-party at the city museum in the evening. We hired Jess to cover all three, with an assistant to help cover the day time events. Jess had experience with our tight ceremony space, but hadn't counted on a family amateur photographer who thought he "help out" and take his own pics. Jess addressed it with me right away, and I gave her the clear to nudge him out of the way, if needed. After the ceremony, we headed for family & bridal party photos outside. We had a lot of sun, and it was difficult to work with in areas, but we made the best of it. Jess and Brig had scoped some shady spots prior to the ceremony to help us expedite the family picture-taking process, and they had an intern help with holding screens and moving equipment where needed. It seemed like each part of the family wanted a large group photo, and Jess & Brig accommodated with top-down shots of the families. I'm certain that each person who was there has an 8x10 of these hanging in their homes! The pictures at the City Museum turned out great as well, and Jess followed us around as we took pictures in different creative places. She also captured many moments with friends and family in a more casual setting. Overall, Jess was great in rounding up people for a specific shot that we wanted, but also captured a lot of candid moments... the photos tell a beautiful story of what a terrific day it was for me, my husband, and our families!

Jess Dewes Photography is where it's at!

Reviewed on 5/18/2011 Matt M

Jess Dewes is a true professional in every sense of the word. Not only does she have oodles of experience - with hundreds of lovely photographs to prove it - she has a very special ability to put people at ease which we found extremely helpful. Whether she was herding family to one end of the room for a group shot or sneaking in to capture a private moment between two people, Jess' casual approach allowed her to get the shots without ever disrupting the experience she was documenting. In addition to being a true 'people person,' Jess knew just how to capture the flavor and vibe of the evening - from snapping pics of the lights and flowers to zeroing in on a sleepy child - Jess nailed everything we wanted and more. If you are looking for a personable, funny, laid back, professional and extremely talented photographer, then you need not look any further.

Jess was perfect for my wedding!

Reviewed on 5/11/2011 Jennie H

I held a unique wedding in a mansion house with only 30 guests. I needed a photographer who was in my budget but could also capture the beatuty of the home with its dense lighting. Jess was able to do that and it seemed seemless. She also did a great job with our group shots. Our wedding was obviously not very traditional. Therefore, we did not want tradiotional photos. We wanted unique photography that captured who we are. We already have a 4 year old son together who was in the wedding and Jess's photos of him brought tears to my eyes. The photography was lite well, modern and very beautiful. Thanks Jess! I recommend her to anyone I know who wants a worry free wedding day! Sincerly, Jennie

Artistic, Professional and Unlike Anyone Else Out

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Stefene R

Jess' fine arts background has equipped her with a deep understanding of color, composition, art history, etc. She also has a fantastic understanding of all the technical aspects of photography (she could take a beautiful picture with a pinhole camera....or a big chunky film camera with complicated settings that must be adjusted manually...or with a point-and-shoot digital camera....or with a professional digital camera....you get the picture. No pun intended). However, you get something extra with Jess, which is her amazing understanding of people. She is a bubbly extrovert, so she knows how to make people feel comfortable when they are having their photo taken. She is also a great observer with an artist's eye, so she shoots little moments that might otherwise pass otherwise unobserved. She is also completely professional. I have been to weddings where the photographer showed up in old cargo pants with a five o'clock shadow, and shot pictures with a flash during the ceremony. Part of a great wedding photographer experience is having someone who can blend in and subtly take photos that do not disrupt the event itself - yet capture all of the big important moments. Jess is fantastic at this. Her artist's eye means that she also takes beautiful, artistic photographs that have a fresh, out-of-the-ordinary quality to them. She is the best!

Send Email