Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Metro Detroit, MI Metro Detroit (586) 219-1782

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lauren F

We chose Jesse because his work spoke for itself, his pictures are not fake and he takes advantage of the natural setting. We had a very good experience working with him. Months before, he provided lots of helpful tips (for the wedding itself) that you would never think of,... Read More which was much appreciated. He also asked us for a list of pictures that we wanted taken and made sure that we had them all done in a timely fashion shortly after the ceremony. He also did a great job of facilitating throughout the day and making sure that we stuck to our schedule. When things got stressful he did a tremendous job of calming us down. His second photographer Nick was also great. As far as the quality of his pictures, we were very pleased. He was able to capture some amazing moments that we will never forget because of his hard work. Finally he also had them back to us in just under 3 weeks. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Simone A

When my husband and I first got engaged, we both agreed that the most important thing when it came to our wedding was the photographer. A wedding day only happens once and having something tangible to reflect on when we looked back on that day was of the utmost importance when... Read More it came to our wedding. I looked and looked at countless photographers online. We searched through friends’ old wedding photos; I went on every site I could find for local wedding photographers, but it wasn’t until we came across Jesse Speelman Photography that we felt a real connection. What stood out to me among the masses of options out there was that his photography truly captured the narrative arc of peoples’ wedding day. He told the story of a couples wedding and his photographs preserved a feeling. Sure, Jesse’s work captured a lot of the same moments that other photographers did –the dress before putting it on, the bride and groom’s reactions to walking down the aisle, etc. Yet, each of his wedding albums we scrolled through felt different and unique when we looked through them. They each told the specific story of those couples and families. That is what we wanted, for someone to tell our story and preserve it beautifully and skillfully. I was a little nervous about being photographed; I was afraid it would feel too posed, awkward, or forced. What would it be like to kiss my fiancé in front of a total stranger? How would that come across on camera? I am so happy that we chose to also do an engagement shoot with Jesse. It gave us a chance to get to know him and his style a little bit better. He also got the opportunity to meet and know us as a couple. He made us feel so at ease (which is something I had always read in reviews and felt was not genuine or cheesy – but hey, here, it was totally true.) He brought out the best in us. He was the perfect balance of professional and personable, kind, and easy going. Our wedding day was no different. Our family members and wedding party continually commented on how natural and genuine our time with Jesse and his assistant was. I couldn’t agree more. I believe in hindsight this is what led to beautiful moments being captured on our big day. I have never written a review before, but felt it was imperative to write one here, as I was once that bride scrolling through endless reviews and completely overwhelmed in the process. I could not recommend Jesse Speelman more. I trusted him to capture our day and I trust him to capture yours in a way that when you look back on those photos for years to come, you feel that your story was preserved. You look at the photos and feel the way you did on that day, in each of those precious moments.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Rita S

Jesse is a wonderful wedding photographer! You can see for yourself that his pictures are beautiful. But he is also great at the stuff you can't see. He is professional, communicative, prompt in his replies, and very organized. He offered us a lot of advice for how to create the... Read More best pictures possible. He's also very flexible - we ended up changing our wedding venue from Michigan to Vermont and he was happy to travel with us, and for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Justine L

A friend suggested Jesse to us after he photographed her wedding; not only did she have high praises for him, she said he was hands down their favorite vendor! And now having booked him, I can totally see why. In addition to having BEAUTIFUL work, which you can easily see from... Read More his portfolio/blog, Jesse was prompt and thorough when it came to discussing our contract, and gave helpful tips throughout the planning process. By the time we met him up for our engagement shoot, my fiance and I had some high expectations -- and he didn't disappoint! Jesse was so easygoing, had a great eye for color and framing, and not once made it feel staged or awkward. It genuinely felt like hanging with a friend who just happens to be super talented and knows a ton about weddings. We got our fully edited photos within just a few days, and the prints from his shop within a week of our shoot. It was definitely a great way to get familiar with his style of work -- we're so excited to work with him on our wedding day! Anyone with a good eye and decent camera can be a photographer...but Jesse combines his incredible talent, professionalism, and a warm personality into an unforgettable vendor!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Leann S

Searching for a wedding photographer was difficult at first, until we found Jesse's page. From first glance at his photos, we knew we had to book with him. We recently received our wedding photos and they are absolutely perfect! Jesse was able to capture our personalities and... Read More provide us with beautiful, high-quality photos. We have received endless compliments not only on our wedding photos, but also on how friendly and professional Jesse and his assistant were on our wedding day. I would recommend Jesse to anyone looking for a wedding photographer - he is the best!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Katrina B

Jesse speelman is an amazing photographer! He is able to catch the perfect moments so you have them to remember for a lifetime!! I hate having my picture taken however, Jesse was able to put me at ease and he caught some amazing shots!!! Very friendly and professional!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Allison K

I (the groom) never like my pictures. I never like sitting in front of photographers. Our wedding was in the winter while most photographers show off their summer shoots. I spent more time then I care to admit looking for a photographer comfortable in a not-very-photogenic... Read More setting. We found Jesse and we were blown away by his ideas and professionalism. He made our shoots comfortable and fun. Our engagement photos were so good we were sometimes nervous sharing them with our other soon-to-be-married friends who had already picked their photographers. Our wedding pictures were phenomenal. The albums (engagement, wedding, and sister) were beautifully done and reflect the time and effort he put into his work. Highly recommend Jesse to everyone regardless of your budget, season, location, and personal opinion of your photographed self.

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Sherrie K

Jesse is amazing! His photographs are perfect, his personality makes him fun and easy to work with, he is reasonably priced and he contributed to making our day picture-perfect! Not only did he shoot our wedding, but our engagement photos as well. I cant say enough good things.... Read More Most importantly, I HIGHLY recommend him to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Alaina M

Jesse was our absolute favorite vendor to work with. From the very first communication with him he's been nothing but professional while staying very approachable. Our entire bridal party and all of our parents loved him, he was able to direct everyone and make sure the day went... Read More absolutely perfect. His pricing is also really affordable for the beautiful work that he does. Our pictures came out absolutely stunning, he really captured the day in it's entirety, I love looking through them and reliving it all. We got an engagement album and wedding album too and they are absolutely gorgeous! His wife makes the album sleeves and it's such a sweet personal touch. Brides, save yourself the hassle and book him before he fills up, it's the best wedding decision you'll make!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Holly Q

I would recommend Jesse to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! He did an awesome job on both our engagement and wedding pictures, we have no complaints. Everyone we've showed loves the pictures. He captures the day perfectly in the pictures and going through them makes me... Read More feel like I'm back to my wedding day. He responds to emails quickly and overall was great to work with. Best vendor we worked with!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Kylie B

Jesse is the best. From your first meeting he feels like your friend. My husband can be an introvert. But Jesse made him feel comfortable from the beginning. I feel in love with his pictures and style. And my husband was looking for budget, and Jesse made us both happy with what... Read More I wanted and within our budget. Our engagement shoot was awesome. And of course the wedding day was no different. We had a large bridal party and we have a large family, but that did not matter to him. He kept it professional and on track. Both, my engagement and wedding albums are beautiful and communicating with him is seamless. He replies darn near instantly. Definitely the best. Book him. You won't regret it!!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Courtney B

No need to look any further for a wedding photographer. Trust me, you want Jesse Speelman on your big day! Jesse did our engagement and wedding pictures, and he delivers absolutely beautiful, high-quality pictures. I will never forget how excited my husband and I were to see... Read More hourly sneak peaks of our wedding photos on his Facebook page the day after the wedding! Besides being a talented photographer, he is also a very professional, kind, laid back guy. He made the planning process easy and ensured we got everything we wanted out of the photographs. He was also prompt with all communication, which was very important to me. I would recommend Jesse to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Taylor L

I would highly recommend Jesse to anyone for their wedding - not only did he capture beautiful portraits of us/wedding party but some of my favorites are the candid shots that he got, allowing my husband and I to see parts of the day that we were not around for. The most... Read More beautiful pictures to remember the best day ever! It was awesome to not feel like I had to pose all day and could still be natural - also, having that second photographer is key, lots of different angles and behind the scenes photos!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Anita K

Jesse is the photographer you want at your wedding. He's a great guy and a fantastic photographer. The pictures he took so perfectly captured not only our friends and family, but the amazing feelings that ran through the whole day.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Daniel W

Jesse was fantastic. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. He ordered prints for us that arrived in a few days (making Christmas gifts easy), was easy to contact, and incredibly flexible. He blended into our guests so we were able to have photos happen... Read More naturally. Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Alena A

Jesse's work is unique, beautiful and speaks for itself. He was super fun to have around, yet unobtrusive when he needed to be. He really listened to my priorities in terms of photos and got such amazing shots. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Caitlin J

Wow, wow, wow! I can't say enough great things about Jesse! Working with him and seeing the end product are what I brag most about from our big day. I'm pretty particular about photography and definitely did my research before choosing my wedding/engagement photog. I looked all... Read More through Jesse's photos online and instantly fell in love. He simply does not take a "bad" photo. They're all so beautiful. I signed my contract with Jesse before even meeting him- and I have absolutely no regrets. He came out of his winter hibernation to take our engagement photos just a few days before Christmas. He worked hard to get our photos back in just a few short days... and they were breathtaking. Jesse is easy to talk to and easy to get along with. He takes his time to listen to what you want and knows when to step in and give direction. Several months after our engagement photos, Jesse arrived nice and early for our wedding day! He and his second shooter (also wonderful) worked their bums off all day long to capture amazing shots. We received and still are receiving endless compliments on how gorgeous our wedding photos are and how dedicated Jesse is to his work. One of the things I really loved about working with Jesse is that he took his time to capture every photo on our "we need to get" list. He also had a rather quick turn around time (about a month) AND dedicated a whole day to sneak peeks the week following our wedding (talk about a teaser!). We ended up ordering 3 albums following our wedding and Jesse delivered them to us in person. The albums are stunning. Not only that, they're presented in the most adorable, handmade felt sleeves by his wife. Guys, I'm in love with my wedding and engagement photos and working with Jesse was worth every single penny spent (he's quite a deal, honestly). Please don't try and cheap out with your photographer... invest in one who will absolutely deliver the most timeless photos for your big day. My walls are now covered in his work and I love seeing his photos everyday when I walk through my home!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Christy W

We used Jesse for our wedding in August 2016. Jesse was great to work with and we loved our pictures! Everyone commented on what great pictures we had. He was very accommodating and offered great location suggestions when it rained throughout the entire picture time. He said... Read More he would arrive whenever we needed him and stay as long as we needed, and we never felt any pressure like he wanted to leave or we were taking too much of his time. I liked how he had a second photographer with him so they were able to capture different angles from the same moment. His pricing was very competitive, which was a big selling point to us! We would definitely recommend Jesse to family and friends looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Heidi B

No words can describe how awesome it was working with Jesse. Jesse was just one of the many photographers I contacted about having photograph our wedding and he was (by a long shot) the most responsive and the only to offer to meet up in person so he can show us his work and to... Read More make sure we jived which was a breath of fresh air. He made sure to bring photos of a wedding he had recently shot at the same venue we were having our reception which was an awesome touch as well. We ended up having him shoot engagement photos on top of doing our wedding photos and they turned out incredible and he provided a nice leather bound book of the photos which worked perfectly as a guest book for the wedding. On the wedding day the whole wedding party and our family loved Jesse and his second shooter. They were both extremely professional and organized while still having fun. Before the wedding was even over Jesse sent me some of his favorite shots he took from the day which was awesome and horrible all at the same time because it just made me want to see all of them! The best part of working with Jesse is he captures real moments…it wasn’t staged and I wasn’t tired of smiling by the end of the night. He also had our photos done and ready to see within a month after the wedding which is unbelievable because there was so many shots and they all turned out amazing. Also, if you’re going to order prints afterward I would highly recommend getting them printed through Jesse as well. I ordered a bunch of framed photos for my family as gifts and they turned out beautiful and they were way less expensive them getting something custom framed. Bottom line, if you’re considering Jesse for your wedding or engagement photos…do it.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Valicha G

Jesse was awesome! We fell behind on our wedding day timeline and he assured me that we would still get all of the shots we needed. We received our photos back and they were perfect! Perfect highlights of the day and so many smiling faces :) Everything was perfectly captured!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Brittany C

Jesse is THE BEST. You will not regret choosing him to be your wedding photographer. His work certainly speaks for itself. He makes the entire process (before and after) extremely easy and stress free. I will forever recommend him.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

What can I say - Jesse was absolutely incredible. Hands-down our best vendor on our wedding day. He is super flexible, a great value, and absolutely the best at what he does. We had our engagement pictures back to us in less than 48 hours, and the day after our wedding, he was... Read More posting beautiful, edited, photos. His work really speaks for itself. It took no time to be comfortable with him or his second photographer. He provided great recommendations on where to take pictures, was flexible with our parents requests, and made sure we had everything we needed. I would totally recommend Jesse to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Gabriella C

Words cannot describe how beautiful every single one of our wedding photos turned out thanks to Jesse Speelman Photography. He was able to capture every single moment of our wedding day perfectly--every tear, every smile, every look. He has an uncanny ability to capture light... Read More and emotion all the while making you feel right at home. Eventually all my husband and I will have left from our special day is photographs and I can guarantee in 5, 10, 50 years, I'll be thankful it was Jesse we chose to share and capture our day with.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Kristen S

I recently received my wedding photos from Jesse…and I can’t stop looking at them! Jesse perfectly captured our wedding day. Not only did he catch all the little details and all the special moments, he captured the emotions of the day. Our engagement pictures turned out great,... Read More so I knew that photography was one thing I had nothing to worry about as the wedding came near. Jesse is fun and easy to work with. I quickly learned to trust Jesse, when he tells you to climb around some rose bushes or lie in some leaves, do it, and you will have the most beautiful pictures you can imagine. Jesse really knows how to use his surroundings. Jesse says he wants to take the photos that are still hanging on your walls when you’re 75, I can say with certainty that his photos will be hanging on our walls long past 75! Jesse is also so quick with getting your photos back to you! The day after the wedding he posted a photo every hour, this was an awesome thing to have. We really looked forward to seeing a new photo every hour and our friends and family really looked forward to it as well. It was nice to have a sneak peak so quickly as we were enjoying the aftermath of the festivities. We received all of our photos a month after the wedding in multiple formats, and they are all beautiful. I have received MANY compliments on how beautiful my photos are. I thank Jesse from the bottom of my heart for his amazing work on our special day and I highly recommend him to any bride looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Kaylee A

Hiring Jesse Speelman Photography was one of the best decisions I made when it came to my wedding day. Every detail was perfect and seamless from the pricing to his organization and his ability to make sure the photography portion of my day was completely stress free. Jesse... Read More worked with me to make sure every photo I wanted was taken. I never once had to worry how a photo would turn out. He was posting photos of my wedding that same night! He posted a photo every hour the next day as a little sneak peek. Of course, as always, I was blown away by his work and I couldn’t believe these were my photos! My wedding photos were even delivered to me in a month with a digital format, flash drive and CDs. You can tell Jesse is a hard worker and takes pride in the photos he takes. Jesse’s photography style and artistic ability is absolutely timeless. I know I will be able to look back at these photos in 50 years and appreciate them just as much as I do today. Thank you, Jesse, for capturing the most perfect day of my life.