Jessica Schmitt Photography

Serving NYC & Worldwide, NY

Your wedding is a work of art.

One of the most satisfying achievements is capturing a moment of pure happiness. My goal is to create beautiful photographs that tell your story and capture your day so that you can enjoy them through every anniversary. Contact me today to set up a free consultation.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Serving NYC & Worldwide, NY

So happy with our choice

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Jenn B

I cannot recommend working with Jessica more highly!! From our initial consultation through the wedding day (and after) she has demonstrated a high level of professionalism and organization. And, most importantly, the pictures were absolutely beautiful! We worked with Jessica for both our engagement shoot in NYC and our wedding outside DC. It was great to find a vendor that can work both areas. Jessica and her husband were fantastic to work with and really made us feel comfortable and relaxed the day of our wedding. She came up with a lot of great ideas for pictures and we have received so many compliments. She even went above and beyond taking pictures – for example, finding a knife for cake cutting when our venue forgot, and helping late arrivals find their seats after our ushers were at the altar. It also helps that she and her husband are the nicest people – as you are probably working most closely with your photographer on your wedding day than any other vendor. Thanks again!!

My favorite vendor!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Samantha F

From the start, Jess was a pleasure to work with. We were planning our NYC wedding from New England so everything had to be done from afar. She was completely on top of things even if we weren't. We had never done any photography shoots before and she made sure to make us comfortable during our engagement shoot. We spent all of our engagement shoot laughing and having a blast. We were sad when it was over! The photos came out great and she had our photos to us in a very reasonable time, and they were worth the wait! At the actual wedding, her attention to detail is remarkable. She has a great eye for making beautiful photos. She captured every sentimental moment and made it look beautiful. We had both her and her husband working the wedding. It was great to have two photographers capture our event! We had a photobooth, which of course was a huge hit. Both Eric and Jess did such a fantastic job. Most of the time I did not even realize they were there. For the posed pictures, they made sure everyone looked their best but didn't get annoyingly fussy. They also were really great at being flexible with our style. We had a blast at our wedding and Jess and Eric not only captured it perfectly but contributed to the fun! I highly recommend her and our wedding guests loved her and her photos as well!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Enis S

Jessica is fantastic. She is really sweet yet professional, which made us feel very comfortable with her. We signed her right after meeting with her. She was also very patient with us on our big day, especially since my mom was driving everyone crazy. I had to ask her to take so many more extended family pictures than we had initally discussed. And then some other family members didn't show up on time, so she accommodated us by taking random other family/friends pics. She was also very quick, which helped. So far, the pictures turned out great!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015

Jessica was amazing! When we booked for our wedding, we decided to do a 30 minute engagement shoot. We are so happy we did this. The pictures were beautiful and we were able to get a feel for Jessica so the wedding day was not awkward. Not only are her photos amazing, but she makes you feel so comfortable and natural during the process. We loved her personality and professionalism and plan to use her again for any of our future photo needs. We highly recommend her.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

My husband and I got married this past October in Central Park and used Jessica as our photographer. She was absolutely wonderful!! We chose too take our pics together before our ceremony so that we could spend more time with our family afterwards. Jessica made a typically anxious time fun, relaxing and enjoyable. She was really able to capture our personalities and love for each other in the photos. From candid moments to posed portraits we got a wonderful variety of moments from our special day that we will cherish forever!!

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

I really enjoyed working with Jessica on our engagement and wedding photos. Our package included two photographers which allowed them to capture so much more of the wedding and really helped with getting the best lighting when one was carrying the flash. She was very thorough during the planning process to make sure she knew of all the specific shots we wanted to make sure we captured and was very accommodating with our special requests. Thanks, Jessica!

June 28, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Abby H

Jessica did an incredible job! She was calm, energetic, and creative with our photos. We had a large bridal party and she made sure everyone was included in a special way. I have recieved SO many compliments on my wedding photos. I could not have asked for a better photographer. My photos are everything I dreamed they would be!

awesome and detail oriented

Reviewed on 8/03/2014

Jessica worked alone on May 10TH for my wedding out on Long Island. She was on time and detail oriented the entire day, she was flexable as to the time line and worked within our budget. As a photographer Jessica is knowledgable to making a variety of styles and images, it makes for a very enjoyable experience when looking through them and for the possibility of creating a great story through book. She stayed out of the way while still created good pictures and communicated with us throughout the whole day! Fantastic, humble no bullshit and uses Nikon! -B

The best!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Lauren d

Jessica was very friendly and professional from the first time we spoke, and I was very impressed with her portfolio, so I was excited to have her for our wedding. She ended up being one of our favorite parts of the wedding! She was very patient and pleasant to work with, and she made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement shoot was so much fun, and we couldn't be happier with the way the pictures turned out! Plus, she had them available for us pretty quickly. After the engagement shoot, we were SO happy we picked her! We had such a great experience and couldn't wait to see how the wedding pictures would come out. She did an even more incredible job with the wedding! She was very organized and planned out a lot of details before the wedding day so everything went quickly and smoothly. She was always right there to get the pictures we wanted without ever being in the way of anything that was happening. She made sure we had time to sneak away before the wedding to take some pictures outside, and when it started raining, she was right there with an umbrella! She managed to get all the best photos without being conspicuous during the ceremony, and she was always right there when a great photo op came up! I couldn't wait to see all the pictures from the wedding. She got a slideshow preview up with the blog pretty quickly, and everyone kept telling us how great they looked! When all of the wedding pictures were available, they were not only stunning, but organized into galleries that made it easy to find each one, and clearly told the whole story of the night. Overall, I couldn't recommend Jess enough!

Everything We Hoped For and More!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Jill G

My husband and I are so happy we worked with Jess for our wedding this past March 2014! We LOVE our pictures and working with her was so easy! She's extremely organized, fun, professional and the quality of her photos is amazing! We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Jessica's husband, Eric, her second shooter was also great to work with and they obviously work well together!

Sensational photographer and wonderful person! :)

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Elizabeth L

From the very beginning when we met with Jess to review her work, she was extremely accommodating. Several wedding photographers offer packages and are used to working with these guidelines. Since we only wanted certain pictures, and not the entire package, she was willing to work with us and create a package just for us within our budget. She has a very organized business, and it is clear she knows the ins and outs of the wedding photography business. When the day came, she was extremely dedicated to our wedding. Our ceremony was very early in the morning, and she stayed over the night before just to ensure she would be there with plenty of time! I was so happily surprised at how thoughtful and dedicated she was. All of our images came out beautifully, and she was very thorough to take pictures of all aspects at the wedding. I received compliments from family members about how patient she was, and how she made her presence so subtle as most wedding photographers do not! Most of all you can tell she is a very caring person, and committed herself fully to making sure we had an amazing day. I would (and have) recommend Jess to any bride! Thanks again Jess!

The Best!

Reviewed on 5/11/2014

I am SO happy I chose Jess through our Central Park Wedding planner. Her portfolio was amazing, so she was my definite choice. My husband and I had the best time with Jess! She is truly a professional. Taking photos with her on our wedding day was great and so much fun! Her shots and direction are easy to go with and none of them felt forced or awkward. She pays such careful attention to make sure she takes photos of all the important details and moments of the day. Our photos came out so beautiful! We could not find one photo we did not LOVE. Our families and attendants to the wedding had nothing but praises about Jess and the beautiful photos she captured. We are so grateful to have had Jess as our photographer as we know it adds such an important element to the special day. Thank you Jess for your part in making our wedding day one of the best days ever!

Jessica Schmitt Photography is the Best

Reviewed on 2/13/2014

I could not have asked for a better photography couple for my wedding than Jessica Schmitt photography. They did everything perfectly and the pictures came out great. I do not usually do reviews but the service Jessica and her husband provided was fantastic and I wanted to take this opportunity to show our appreciation. Thank you once again.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Lauren B

Amazing! Got every shot! Jessica was so thorough before the wedding! Totally took charge during the wedding making sure we got everything we needed and post wedding delivery has been amazingly quick. She is wonderful and lovely in every way. Super professional, thorough and trust worthy. Pictures are beautiful and end the of the day (and the wedding) the pictures are what you have left so they better be good! And they are! Thanks Jess!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Todd K

Jessica was incredible. Thorough, detailed, and creative, she was everything we wanted in a photographer. Most importantly, Jessica and her team were a pleasure to be around. They kept the mood light and kept us going during what can be an exhausting process. I would STRONGLY recommend Jessica Schmitt to anybody looking for a photographer.

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Jess came recommended by friends who used her for their wedding and she definitely came through for us, too! Travelling to DC and Virginia for us from NYC, Jess did both our engagement photos as well as our small wedding. Right from our first interactions by email and video chat, Jess made everything easy. She was organized, responsive, and flexible on timing and locations. She was extremely helpful with suggestions and with the right information at the right time. On the business and contract side, everything professional and transparent. It was clear what her expectations were for us and what we could expect from her. I cannot stress enough that *every* interaction we had with Jess was positive and hassle-free. It’s important to have a good rapport with your photographer and Jess was just so enthusiastic, easy-going, and authentic that it’s hard not to love her. It made it easy to take direction from her during posed shots. Even with the larger groups, she really brought out the best in people. On our wedding day, Jess was on time and on target at all times. She was constantly there and doing her thing without ever hovering or imposing. If someone was making a weird face or was in an unflattering pose, she would make suggestions for the next shot but never said anything that was critical or that would bring the mood down. Now the important part is, of course, the pictures. I’m not a photographer myself and I don’t know that much about lenses, lighting, shutter speed, and the rest, but I do know that our pictures turned out beautifully. Her shots were artistic without being overly artsy or self-indulgent, some classic black-and-white shots, vibrant colors, and clear shots in difficult lighting. Jess has a blog where she'll post pictures from engagement sessions and weddings along with stories about how you met and details about the big day. Although we could have dashed something off, because of the way we went about it (our choice!), the process of providing her the background for those stories was honestly kind of a pain — time-consuming and even more work at an already busy time. But, making time to tell our story to each other and to her and to relive our favorite moments from the wedding turned out to be another huge positive for us. It helped us communicate with each other, reliving memories and solidify why were doing all this wedding stuff in the first place.

Amazing photography experience!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Jess is a fantastic wedding photographer. Her visual style and creativity perfectly represented what we wanted in our engagement and wedding photos. Her communication from day 1 was organized, friendly and thorough. Jess and her assistant took us through each step of our wedding day and never made us feel rushed or frantic. Her calm demeanor and kind smile made it easy to relax during what proved to be a hectic day. It was reassuring to know that Jess had the pictures under control. Her eye for great shots and settings provided a truly unique experience. The photo booth was an absolute hit with our guests and I had people asking immediately when they could see the pictures. Worth every penny! If you like high quality pictures taken with a critical eye and pure professionalism, then look no further.

True Artisan

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Jessica is every patient and professional. She draws out even the most camera shy in a natural way. Her photos are just the right blend of sophistication and warmth. We have already highly recommended her to another engaged couple!

Jessica Schmitt: Simply and decoratively wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Jessica is becoming the official photographer of our family. She took pictures in my brother's wedding last year in Washington and they were amazing, she is so creative and at the same time captures all the simple and warm moments. We like her so much that we wanted her for our wedding in Pittsburgh! She came all the way to provide us with her service and gave us a nice discount. She started planning early to make sure she knew exactly what we wanted. And she also gave us wonderful ideas for more pictures and beautiful memories. At the same time she was very flexible. And if that wasn't enough, she is a sweetheart and a pleasure to work with. The result: beyond my expectations. My wedding album is a dream. I will always recommend her.

Professional, Personable and All-Around Awesome

Reviewed on 9/01/2013

My wife and I hired Jess on the basis of her artistic eye and candid, yet composed work. But ultimately, we were taken in by her incredible energy and phenomenal attention to us and our wedding. Many of our friends have had photographers who were pushy or demanding, and whose pictures reflect the vision of the photographer rather than the veracity of the wedding. With Jess, we found a superb artistic voice that served to channel the reality of our celebration, while remaining amenable and engaged. We were thrilled to have Jess as a our photographer, she really did top-notch work.

Such a wonderful person and photographer

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Rachel W

When we were discussing how to pick a photographer we thought about style and price, but when we met Jessica we realized how important a photographer's personality is. From our first consultation, Jessica was excited, enthusiastic and so genuinely sweet that we knew she had to be our wedding photographer. Our engagement session was wonderful, she spent so much time with us and kept smiling even when it began to rain. Our wedding was an Orthodox Jewish wedding, and Jessica sat with us in advance to learn about all the components of the wedding, and she captured all the right moments even though it was the first time she ever saw them happen. We were also very impressed with Eric, Jessica's husband. Not only was he a great second photographer, but he helped make the groom's boutonniere when it wasn't finished, and he was a really positive person to have around on the day of the wedding. We got the pictures within a month of our wedding, and they are absolutely beautiful. Many family members have told us how impressed they were with the vibrant colors and the candid moments that were captured in the pictures. We are really going to treasure these pictures forever. Thank you!

Traditional Cambodian Extravaganza

Reviewed on 8/28/2013

Jessica was amazing. Our wedding was an all day event with several, mini ceremonies. She was there at every important moment, helped when she could, and was compassionate to our needs when we needed it. One of our concerns was a lot of people taking pictures and them being in the way of Jessica. This said, she was great talking to all of the guests, she was super nice to my friends and family and the pictures she gave us were beautiful. I whole-heartedly recommend her!

cambodian wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2013

Jessica was so helpful in planning what type of pictures we wanted and helped us to organize our thoughts about the day. We had multiple ceremonies with multiple people, meanings, and events. She made sure to ask a ton of questions about each ceremony in order for her to plan the shoot accordingly. I really appreciate her warm professionalism.

Look no further!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Thomas K

Jessica was the only photographer that we met. She was recommended by a friend and once we met her we knew we did not need to look any further. She put us at ease and was very upfront about her capabilities and limitations as a solo photographer at a wedding of 150 people. Once we explained that we would not have too many events within the wedding (no cake cutting, no garter) and only one location, she reassured us she could handle it on her own. I really appreciated her candor. Jessica was very efficient in whisking us through our wedding photos and our posed family portraits. She picked a great location for the lighting and my family was thrilled with the results. We loved every second of our wedding and and Jessica was no small part of that.

Great work Jessica!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Katie W

I didn't think I could be any more happy with my wedding day than I was, until I saw Jessica's photos. When you look back at your wedding, it seems like such a blur. But Jessica's photos made everything look even more gorgeous than I remember. Jessica's photos speak for the quality of her work, but most importantly, Jessica herself is an amazing addition to any wedding day. In the inevitable chaos that is a wedding, Jessica was a calming presence that flawlessly executed family photos, first look, ceremony and reception photos. She knew her limitations (mostly time) and was not afraid to tell us when we were asking too much. I loved our photos and could not wait to share them with everyone. You can't go wrong hiring Jessica.

TO Jessica Schmitt Photography