Jill Kozar/up your do

On a wedding day the bride is the most important part of that day. I work hard with the bride to make their wedding day hair come true. I am able to perform sophisticated up do’s, And even hair extensions that flow down your back.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Beauty

807 Greenwood Ave , Jenkintown, PA Serving Philly, NJ, DE, NY, PA (215) 738-4844

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Shana S

Jill did a truly amazing job on my wedding day hair and I cannot recommend her enough! I have long, straight hair that has always had trouble holding a curl, yet Jill was able to make full, natural looking curls that lasted all day. It even stayed curly throughout our next day... Read More flight to Europe for our honeymoon! I went to the trial with only a few pictures to show her, but she was easily able to take my description and translate it into exactly what I wanted. My hair looked soft, beautiful and shiny in all of the pictures and did not feel sticky or weighed down from too much product (which has definitely been the case when people have tried to curl my hair in the past!) She also did the hair for the rest of my bridal party. My mother got an updo, and as someone who usually gets updos for formal events, she felt Jill's was one of the best! All of my bridesmaids also looked beautiful- I left it up to them to decide how they wanted it and I know Jill helped each girl to find the perfect style. Jill was calm, cool and collected throughout the entire morning and brought a very relaxed presence to the bridal suite. When a few of my bridesmaids decided at the last minute that they did in fact want to have their hair done, Jill had no problem putting them into the schedule. She was actually ahead of schedule the entire morning! Lastly, Jill had the foresight to remove some of the teeth from the clip to my veil so that it would lay flat the way I wanted. This was truly a lifesaver! She also took the time before leaving to give one of my bridesmaids a tutorial for how to place it in my hair since I wanted to take some pictures with it and some without. Thank you Jill for helping to make my day so special and for helping me to look and feel beautiful!

Stunningly beautiful work!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Arielle G

There are not even enough words to describe how beautiful Jill made my bridesmaids, flower girls, mom/mother in law and I look on my wedding day. Our hair was simply stunning, giving each of us our own look and looking absolutely flawless. Her knowledge and personality make her... Read More so easy to work with and definitely helped me (the bride)stay at ease the whole day. The compliments that we all received throughout the whole day were incredible and everybody's hair stayed in the entire day! Thank you so much Jill for helping to make my wedding day the best day in my life and your amazing work!

Jill is best and can handle anything

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Laura G

Jill recently provided her exceptional services for my wedding. As part of the day, Jill did beautiful hair for 11 people plus myself, and everyone was thrilled with her work (not an easy task!); she ran ahead of her very professional scheule; and was 200% committed to ensuring... Read More that every single girl totally loved the way that they looked before she was done - seeking out feedback and fixing girls hair on the spot without missing a beat. She was superb, and i would highly, highly, recommend her to any bride looking to organize a perfect wedding day. I really don't think her services could have been any better, and i am so thankful for all of her efforts and time. In addition, Jill was super professional, prepared and organized leading up to the day. She really has this business down to a science- and i have never met someone so committed to ensuring my satisfaction (which is exactly what you want for your wedding). She was so patience and prepared, i really can not say enough about how happy I am. I would choose her again in a second!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Melanie B

Jill made me look and feel stunning. I couldn't be happier. She was quick, flexible, calm, and honest. She helped me pick a hairstyle because I couldn't decide on one. All of my bridesmaids were also happy with how their hair turned out. I would recommend Jill to all brides!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Kristin A

Up Your Do was an absolute pleasure to work with. Jill Kozar, the owner, was beyond responsive and helpful in both setting up a trial in coordination with my makeup artist, and with scheduling specific time slots for myself and my bridal party for the morning of. She made... Read More everything as easy as possible. Bonnie was our hair stylist and she was kind, accommodating, and so talented with the different hair types and styles requested. My bridesmaids, Mom, and I were extremely happy with our hairstyles that lasted throughout the heat of the day and dancing at night. Bonnie also did a great job in making sure that the placement of my updo was just right so that it wouldn’t be uncomfortable at the base of my neck (because that’s never fun!). She even showed my matron of honor exactly where to place my veil when the time came to put it on. I can’t thank Jill and Bonnie enough! I highly recommend Up Your Do and especially Bonnie.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Laura H

We were so lucky Jill was available for my daughter's wedding! Jill was perfect for us-- from the trial do for Kathleen, the bride, through the wedding day with 7 updos at our house. We loved Jill and appreciate how she listened to each lady and offered exactly wha they... Read More wanted. Kathleen, the bride, was happy with all the designs at the trial and was thrilled Jill accomplished the look she wanted. So easy to work with and have in our home--and she was ahead of schedule!!! love Jill

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Megan M

I could not have been more pleased with the service I was provided with for my wedding day! Right from my trail I knew I was going to be happy! I did an updo and just didn't feel like myself, Bonnie could tell right away too that I wasn't happy and so she took the time to take... Read More my hair down and put it half up to get an idea for the day of .. The day of my wedding Bonnie came to our venue; which wasn't close at all but was well worth the travel fees.. she did hair for the mothers, bridesmaids and myself on the day of the wedding - everyones hair was completely different as well from extremely long and thick to short and thin and even putting in extensions.. they knew exactly how to work with each hair style. Everyone could not stop talking about how perfect the style they choose came out. She fixed any issues with anyones hair before she left and made everyone feel so comfortable. It was like having another friend there helping us get ready. I was recommended to use Jill from a friend and met Jill during my trail, she was a sweetheart! Any of the girls on this team will do an amazing job for your event.. I highly recommend them : )

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Lauren G

Jill is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about her professionalism and abilities. I have never met a hairstylist with such a great and calming personality and such natural styling skill! She did onsite hair for all of our bridesmaids and some additional family members... Read More on the day of our wedding. She was fabulous at planning a hair schedule for the wedding day before the big event, arrived early, and easily kept to her schedule and accommodated for unexpected surprises! Every single woman looked stunning and was so happy and impressed with her work. Women who had hired other hair dressers for their own weddings were amazed by her! She managed totally different hair types and dealt gracefully with ladies who didn’t know what to do with their hair on the day of. Our hair lasted all day- through a windy lakeside ceremony, hundreds of hugs, and lots of dancing. We got compliments from everyone we talked to and our pictures look amazing. We even all still had amazing wavy hair the next day at brunch! We did trials before the wedding and Jill helped guide us to styles that would look fantastic and last. She really can do anything and then even tweak completed hairstyles in seconds. The hair salon is beautiful and my mom went for a pre-wedding hair cut, which was the best trim she had ever gotten! We cannot thank her enough and you’d be crazy to use anyone else.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kimberly P

I had an amazing experience with Up Your Do for my wedding day. My stylist was the owner, Jill, and she did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and on my mom's hair. I can't recommend her enough !

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Jaime W

I had a great experience with Up Your Do. My hair stylist was Joann and she was wonderful to work with! I was so impressed how everyone’s hair came out the way they wanted it to in a very timely manner at that. Everyone looked so beautiful! She was so sweet and ready to... Read More accommodate to everyone’s needs and wants for that day. It was a pleasure working with Up Your Do and I would recommend them to anyone in need of a hair stylist!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Vanessa W

Jill's colleague Bonnie did my hair for my wedding, and did a really wonderful job. The trial at the salon went very well - I took photos along, and Bonnie did a great job at working from those and understanding what I wanted. On the day, Bonnie arrived before me and got set up... Read More - she did my mom's hair as well as mine. Despite me descending into panic when I realized I'd forgotten my hair clip, Bonnie wasn't worried at all, and after we retrieved the clip Bonnie did a great job, making my hair look exactly as it had at the trial, except she made adjustments based on my dress, which I really appreciated.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Marielle S

I had a fantastic experience with up your do! Bonnie did my hair, and it turned out beautifully. It looked beautiful even after a windy ceremony and long night of dancing. I was sent pictures after my trial, communication with up your do was timely & responsive, and my large... Read More wedding party was able to get their hair done with time to spare. If anyone is debating about whether or not to get their hair done at their house (vs at a salon), I highly recommend it - especially with up your do! It made for a relaxing and fun morning with my wedding party.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Sarah W

Just absolutely amazing! Jill did the hair for both my sisters wedding and then mine and she was amazing every time. She knows exactly what each individual person wanted. She was quick with the girls the morning of and they all looked awesome and were so happy with what they... Read More received. Not to mention, she is just one of the nicest people to work with. I literally picked my wedding date based on availability Jill had that's how much I love her! You can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Julie P

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jill. As a bride, you are of course nervous and excited on your wedding day and Jill is the most calming presence in the room while you are getting ready. More importantly, she does FABULOUS hair. She listens, she did multiple trials... Read More with me to make sure I liked what I had, and she made my mom, mother in law and all my girls feel beautiful. A bunch of my girls brought in photos of braided updos that were slightly complicated and Jill didn't flinch. They all looked stunning. I wanted a more simple hair vibe--down, wavy/curly with extensions, and a few pieces pulled back into clips. My hair looked perfect despite the fact that it was literally a rain storm all day. She was truly one of my favorite vendors and honestly, if your hair looks good, nothing else really matters :)

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Patti M

Jill Kozar was the stylist for the bridesmaids, mothers and the bride at my daughter's wedding. None of us had the same "do", but every strand on every head was PERFECT and stayed that way through the entire day. Jill is a great listener and will make adjustments and give... Read More recommendations as needed. Most of all, she is a PERFECTIONIST, calmly making sure that each of us looked her absolute best. I can't recommend her highly enough and wouldn't even consider another stylist.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Jacqui K

Jill Kozar of Up Your Do had been my dream wedding hairstylist for years. I had worked with her several times throughout my bridesmaid years, and each time, my hair was intricately and beautifully styled. As soon as wedding planning came to fruition, I contacted Jill, yet to my... Read More disappointment, she was already booked. After several imperfect trials, finding a hairstylist went to the wayside. An odd twist of events led to her sudden availability on my wedding day. Jill helped me choose a style that captured the look I had envisioned and she executed it skillfully. Each curl, bun, twist, and braid embodied her talent and dedication to her craft. All of our “do’s” looked AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Danielle C

JoAnn is truly a fantastic hairdresser. She worked so quickly to do hair for me, my mom and 7 bridesmaids. Everyone's hair stayed in place for the entire day and I think everyone loved their styles (I certainly did)! Jill was nice and was easy to coordinate with throughout the... Read More process. Thank you JoAnn and Jill!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Iris L

I really loved having Jill as my wedding hairdresser! I had done a trial with someone else before and felt like the updo was very stiff and stodgy, so I was nervous going into my trial with Jill that it would be similar. I voiced my thoughts on my previous trial to her, and she... Read More was very understanding and willing to work with me to avoid having a similar result. I also asked if she had worked with East Asian hair before, since that can sometimes be different, and she assured me that she had plenty of experience - she did not disappoint! I was very pleased with my trial, and on the wedding day, I asked that she give it a little less volume. She was very flexible and patient, and she took her time adjusting my hair to just the right amount of volume. She also did my maid of honor and bridesmaid, and they both loved their hair. She was efficient, friendly, and very professional (she even helped entertain my 1-year-old niece who was in our getting ready room - I was really appreciative that she was so understanding!), and I would recommend her 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Robyn L

Jill is simply amazing at what she does!! She is so sweet and talented. She did my wedding hair along with my mother, grandmother, maid of honor and 7 bridesmaids and everyone LOVED the way they looked! She made everyone look and feel beautiful! She is the BEST!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Rachel D

Many thanks to Jill for creating my dream wedding hairdo! It was simple, elegant, and just how I imagined!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Erica W

Simply, Jill is the best! From my first communication with her about my big day to putting the last bobby pin in place Jill made me feel confident and beautiful. Jill's lovely personality and incredible skill set make her a must have for your special day!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 nancy b

Jill did our hair for my daughter's wedding on March 11, at the Kimmel Center in Phila. I cannot begin to sing her praises! We had nine bridesmaids, including another one of our daughters, and she and her assistant were skilled, pleasant, and patient. She worked with me (as... Read More mother of the bride, and admittedly higher maintenance than the bride) to achieve the style I wanted. More importantly, our bride was lovely, and so very pleased with the results. She even went to another hotel to do the hair of my elderly mother, who was unable to participate in the afternoon. Please do no hesitate to use Jill for your wedding, or any other event you have. She was superb, and I will use her again.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Sarah F

Jill was so great to work with. She was quick, friendly, and left everyone (bridal party of 6, me, and my mother) feeling beautiful. I cannot say enough good things about her! Thank you Jill!!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Lauren K

Jill was amazing! From the time we scheduled the trial through the wedding, Jill was so sweet, creative, and thoughtful in the process. She was so fun to work with and she did a wonderful job making everyone's vision for their hair come alive. On the day of the wedding, she... Read More arrived right on time and finished early and that was even with making adjustments to my mom's and sister's hair when they decided to do something different with their style. Jill was adaptable and I would recommend her 100% to anyone for their wedding party!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Gina R

From the moment I met Jill I knew I was so lucky and going to have the best hair on my wedding day! Jill was such a pleasure to work with and so easy. She perfected the style I wanted and made me look like a gorgeous bride. My entire bridal party also looked stunning and I can't... Read More recommend Jill enough. I loved everything about my hair that day and I owe it all to Jill! Thank you Jill!!