Jill Kozar/up your do

Serving Philly, NJ, DE, NY, PA

Jill Kozar/up your do

On a wedding day the bride is the most important part of that day. I work hard with the bride to make their wedding day hair come true. I am able to perform sophisticated up do’s, And even hair extensions that flow down your back.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

807 Greenwood Ave , Jenkintown, PA Serving Philly, NJ, DE, NY, PA (215) 738-4844

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Shana S

Jill did a truly amazing job on my wedding day hair and I cannot recommend her enough! I have long, straight hair that has always had trouble holding a curl, yet Jill was able to make full, natural looking curls that lasted all day. It even stayed curly throughout our next day... Read More flight to Europe for our honeymoon! I went to the trial with only a few pictures to show her, but she was easily able to take my description and translate it into exactly what I wanted. My hair looked soft, beautiful and shiny in all of the pictures and did not feel sticky or weighed down from too much product (which has definitely been the case when people have tried to curl my hair in the past!) She also did the hair for the rest of my bridal party. My mother got an updo, and as someone who usually gets updos for formal events, she felt Jill's was one of the best! All of my bridesmaids also looked beautiful- I left it up to them to decide how they wanted it and I know Jill helped each girl to find the perfect style. Jill was calm, cool and collected throughout the entire morning and brought a very relaxed presence to the bridal suite. When a few of my bridesmaids decided at the last minute that they did in fact want to have their hair done, Jill had no problem putting them into the schedule. She was actually ahead of schedule the entire morning! Lastly, Jill had the foresight to remove some of the teeth from the clip to my veil so that it would lay flat the way I wanted. This was truly a lifesaver! She also took the time before leaving to give one of my bridesmaids a tutorial for how to place it in my hair since I wanted to take some pictures with it and some without. Thank you Jill for helping to make my day so special and for helping me to look and feel beautiful!

Stunningly beautiful work!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Arielle G

There are not even enough words to describe how beautiful Jill made my bridesmaids, flower girls, mom/mother in law and I look on my wedding day. Our hair was simply stunning, giving each of us our own look and looking absolutely flawless. Her knowledge and personality make her... Read More so easy to work with and definitely helped me (the bride)stay at ease the whole day. The compliments that we all received throughout the whole day were incredible and everybody's hair stayed in the entire day! Thank you so much Jill for helping to make my wedding day the best day in my life and your amazing work!

Jill is best and can handle anything

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Laura G

Jill recently provided her exceptional services for my wedding. As part of the day, Jill did beautiful hair for 11 people plus myself, and everyone was thrilled with her work (not an easy task!); she ran ahead of her very professional scheule; and was 200% committed to ensuring... Read More that every single girl totally loved the way that they looked before she was done - seeking out feedback and fixing girls hair on the spot without missing a beat. She was superb, and i would highly, highly, recommend her to any bride looking to organize a perfect wedding day. I really don't think her services could have been any better, and i am so thankful for all of her efforts and time. In addition, Jill was super professional, prepared and organized leading up to the day. She really has this business down to a science- and i have never met someone so committed to ensuring my satisfaction (which is exactly what you want for your wedding). She was so patience and prepared, i really can not say enough about how happy I am. I would choose her again in a second!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Alexandra S

If you need an amazing wedding hair stylist you want Jill Kozar. I originally met Jill almost two years ago when she did my hair as a bridesmaid for my best friends wedding. As soon as I got engaged, I booked her immediately! Jill made the whole process so easy through booking,... Read More basic contact, Bridal hair trial and of course day of. She arrived well ahead of time and finished 7 bridesmaids, 2 mothers and myself in under 5 hours by herself! Not only was her time management day of perfect, which is important but her skill level is advanced. She performs stunning hair styles. She really listens to her clients and gives them what they want! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Natalie R

Jill was absolutely phenomenal! I cannot say it enough, I went in after having multiple trials that left me in tears thinking nobody would be able to style my hair (curly and thick) how I wanted and have it last. Turns out I just hadn't found the one and Jill was it! She... Read More styled my hair better than I ever imagined and I wasn't even 100% sure what I wanted done. I just knew a general overview, half up and curled. I booked two trials to get it absolutely perfect, and my headpiece made it so much more wonderful! Jill is simply the best! My Maid of Honor and mom both came with me for the trial and my maid of honor booked her for her wedding on the spot. Our weddings were just one week apart and everyone raved about our hair and all of the wedding parties hair at both weddings! JILL, YOU ARE THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST!! Believe me you do not need to look any further, I had a big wedding party (12 people total getting hair and Jill did it all on her own because I had a budget and she did it flawlessly! I recommend her to all every bride to be!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Christa D

Jill- Thank you so much for making myself, my bridesmaids, my mother, and mother-in-law look FLAWLESS for my wedding day. You are so unbelievably sweet and talented. It was so nice working with you as I planned for this magical day. I will continue to pass along your name.... Read More Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Stephanie P

Jill was wonderful to work with! She really made sure to match my wedding hair with my personality and my dress. I originally went to her wanting a particular hairstyle, but left in love with what she did with my hair! She truly is an expert in her field. It was beautiful and... Read More lasted the entire day! Thanks for making my day extraordinary!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Lauren M

I fell in love with my hair trial with Bonnie! She continued to impress with the fantastic work she did with my bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom. Bonnie was very organized and she was a good listener by taking my vision and making it perfect for my perfect wedding... Read More day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Samantha H

Jill and her team helped make my wedding day that much more special! From my trial to the wedding weekend, I loved the talent of Jill and her team and they were so easy to work with throughout the entire year of my wedding planning! Jill and her team arrived early on the day-of... Read More my wedding to set-up, which I greatly appreciated. We had over 20 women getting their hair done that morning, and they not only did an exceptional job, but were so fun to hang out with and finished early. I was so happy with my hair, and I felt like a princess! I cannot thank Jill and her team enough for their beautiful work on my wedding day. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Joseph P

Jill & JoAnn were amazing! I went into Jill's salon Starlit Salon with my bridal party and mom for my wedding. They were so accommodating and friendly! Everyone loved their hair and we received compliments all day! They really did an amazing job and kept on schedule. I went in... Read More for my trail with Jill and we switched it up on my wedding day and I loved it even more! I highly recommend... you know Jill & team will take care of you. Thank you Jill!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Maja S

I had the pleasure of having Bonnie of Up Your Do as my wedding-day stylist and I also worked with Jill who is the owner to coordinate everything. Jill was very friendly and helpful in making sure that I had a plan that worked for me. We had a very early start-5am to be exact... Read More for our morning wedding and Jill and Bonnie made it work! Bonnie was punctual and showed up looking fabulous and being in a cheerful mood-at 5am! And she stayed fabulous and cheerful throughout the morning while making me, my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law look fabulous. Bonnie was incredibly helpful at my trial and helped me pick the perfect hairstyle and head piece for my dress and personal style. She is friendly and professional and a good listener. She is able to give advice and also listens to what you want and she will not stop until you look perfect! Up Your Do was wonderful to work with and they took soo much pressure off of me. I also find the pricing to be quite reasonable compared to many other on-site hair styling businesses. I should also mention that I have a lot of hair and it is quite thick and does not hold curl easily. My hair held the curls from 5am through the entire day and into the next. I highly recommend working with Up Your Do for all of your special event needs-they are awesome!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Amanda M

I can't say enough great things about Jill and Bonnie throughout the wedding process! Jill was readily available for questions or concerns whenever I needed it and answered in a timely fashion. The day of the wedding Bonnie came to my moms house early and ready to get to work on... Read More 8 girls! She was so much fun to work with and really kept a great happy and fun vibe the morning of the wedding! All of the girls LOVED their hair and she really took the time to make sure they all had what they pictured in their minds. I was also obsessed with my hair on my wedding day and I was so happy I didn't have to stress over that part! I would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Samantha T

A million thank you's to Bonnie. She made all our hair look absolutely stunning! Every girl raved about how fantastic their hair looked and how accommodating she was to fixing the style of hair until they were in love with it! Bonnie is so personable and warm. Would use Bonnie... Read More for any special occasion! Jill is fantastic and so responsive. The team is just wonderful all around.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Julia Q

I am so incredibly happy that I had Jill do the hair for my wedding day. This was honestly one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process! Jill is so talented and fun to work with! She truly lives up to her stellar reviews and ratings. I am so happy with the... Read More way my hair looked on my wedding day. I did two trials with Jill because I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, and she was so patient and helpful with the decision process. My hair looked great all day and night long, even as I danced (and jumped up and down - a lot!) all night. She took the time to show my maid of honor and mom how to best put the veil in for when the time came. My bridesmaids and mom also loved all of their hairstyles. They all choose very different styles and Jill was able to do exactly what each of them pictured. We all really appreciated her attention to detail and the care with which she did all of our hairstyles. No one felt rushed and she even budgeted time to do touch-ups and apply more hairspray to everyone at the end, which was much appreciated. Not only is Jill a talented hairstylist, but she was also such a joy to work with. She arrived early and left enough time to style everyone's hair with care and do touch-ups before she left. She had a schedule of all of the girls and budgeted plenty of time for everyone, so there was absolutely no chaos or confusion. This was so wonderful as it kept the stress levels down and helped everyone have a great time. Jill was so relaxed and cool all morning, which really makes all the difference! I honestly cannot recommend Jill/Up Your Do enough. She really is the best there is! If you're thinking of hiring Jill for your wedding day, do not hesitate any more! She is everything you want in a wedding hairstylist. Thank you Jill for helping to make my wedding day so special and perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Amanda W

There is a reason Jill gets all 5 stars - because she's worth it and amazing. She was so patient with me (I was very bridezilla when it came to hair and picky and unsure of what I wanted) she is honest and helps guide you towards what is the best look for you and translating... Read More what you tell her you are looking for and creating that. No matter how many photos or questions I put to her she handled it all easily. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair too - she did 13 girls hair in a 4ish hour period she is a well oiled machine! She also helps keep you calm - as a bride you appreciate the extra little things she is kind and funny and helps ease nerves while at the same time making you feel beautiful. She is wonderful - highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Taylor T

I cannot say enough about how awesome Jill / Up Your Do is!! Jill is so sweet and did such a great job. She arrived at the hotel super early in the morning, before most of the girls were even awake, and did all 6 of my bridesmaids' hair and my hair to perfection. I ended up... Read More sending Jill a picture of a hairstyle that was completely different than my trial about a week before the wedding, and she easily made it look exactly how I wanted it. My mom and MIL were originally going to do their own hair, but upon seeing all of the girls' hair (and since Jill was so efficient there was time to spare), they wanted Jill to do their hair as well. Jill happily agreed to do their hair as well and we all ended up getting so many compliments throughout the night. I definitely recommend Jill / Up Your Do to everyone!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Shannon S

Jill was amazing! When a few girls were nervous about Jill coming alone for 9 bridesmaids, myself, and my mother.. She proved them wrong! We were done on time and everyone LOVED their hair. Even my mother, who kept changing her mind on the style and having it redone. She is... Read More never completely satisfied and was happy with her hair. We changed the plan for my own hair, and it couldn't have looked any better without even doing a trial of it. Thank you so much for once again making my family look gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Leah F

Joanne did my hair and she was wonderful! I had a few changes after my trial and she executed all of them and I was so happy with my hair the day of the wedding. I never felt like it was falling out or that I had to adjust it. Jill was also wonderful to work with for the... Read More pre-planning. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Katie H

I do not even know where to begin with how amazing everything was! From the trial to the day of the wedding I was so impressed with how nice and caring everyone was! At my trial I did one style of hair and then decided after that I wanted something different. I sent a picture... Read More of what I wanted and then on the day of the wedding, my hair was even better than the picture!!!! JoAnn did such an amazing job with everyone's hair and all night we got compliments! I highly recommend anyone using Jill / Up Your Do for ANYTHING at all!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Fran R

Oh my gosh Jill is incredible! I am so glad I found her months ago. She did my hair and 8 of my girls hair for my wedding last Friday. She was everything I could imagine in a hair stylist. She was organized (planned a schedule for the girls weeks in advance), prompt (stuck to... Read More the schedule and eased the worry of running over time by being right on time), and fun (my friends and I all loved her and she lightened the mood in the room and got along with everyone). She worked with our individual styles and made sure each girl had a style that fit their own personality and ideas. Our hair styles lasted all night and even at 2am, my hair still looked intact and well done. I would recommend Jill to anyone!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Molly C

Jill did a phenomenal job for my wedding. She did my hair, my 6 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers and everyone loved their 'do. Jill is extremely easy to work with and was a pleasure to have around for my big day! Jill works quickly and efficiently. She is so experienced and... Read More talented. I highly recommend her for your next event!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Dana R

Jill was such a pleasure to work with, and my bridal party and I were all in love with our hair!! She arrived bright and early even before we arrived at 8am and was all set up and ready to go. She did hair for 8 people including myself and ran ahead of schedule, everyone was... Read More very happy with Jill's work as well as her easy going personality. She was also great throughout the whole wedding planning process with my trials, setting up a wedding day schedule & quickly responding to any questions I had! I would highly recommend Jill to anyone getting married, she was wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Marisa E

Jill came highly recommended to me from several friends that have used her for their weddings. I was thrilled with the way that my hair turned out, and couldn't have felt more beautiful on my wedding day! I had a trial with Jill a few months before my wedding and she was able to... Read More try about six or seven hair styles in about an hour and a half~ I truly couldn't believe how quickly and professionally she works! I loved all of the different styles that I had a hard time choosing one. There were a few that I was gravitating towards and Jill had said, we will see what we are feeling on your wedding day and it will fall into place. I couldn't believe how true that was. Jill made me feel like a true princess on my wedding day and I absolutely loved the way that my hair looked. She even hand made my hair extensions! She took her time, and was also able to do my hair along with my entire bridal party, as well as touch ups in just a few hours. Everyone was happy with the way that their hair turned out and everything fell into place so nicely~ I was extremely pleased and happily recommend Up Your Do to anyone that is in need of a hairstylist!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Allison S

Up Your Do could not have been a better choice for hair for me and all my ladies! We had a large group of 12 for hair and Jill initially handled all logistics and coordinated to have JoAnne and Megan for our day. JoAnne and Megan were so fantastic, and everyone looked stunning.... Read More JoAnne handled my hair and half of our squad and let me just say, she is so much more than just amazing hair! First, my hair ended up being exactly what I wanted so you can't ask for more than that. But she also is such a great person that you will want her there with you on your big day! You are bound to have many emotions that day and for me she kept me cool, calm, collected, and with perfect hair :). Thank you so much ladies! Up Your Do is the real deal!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kellyn G

I am so lucky that I found Jill to do my wedding day hair!! She and her coworker did an amazing job and I couldn't have asked for anything better! They were relaxed the whole morning, which definitely helped the wedding party stay calm and have fun. She even put up with me and... Read More my hairstyle changes when I went for two different hair trials! She listened to everything I had to say and made the changes exactly how I wanted them. My entire bridal party loved their hairstyles as well. I highly recommend Jill and Up Your Do for your wedding day hair, she is amazing and so is her whole team!!!