Jill Kozar/up your do

On a wedding day the bride is the most important part of that day. I work hard with the bride to make their wedding day hair come true. I am able to perform sophisticated up do’s, And even hair extensions that flow down your back.

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Beauty

807 Greenwood Ave , Jenkintown, PA Serving Philly, NJ, DE, NY, PA (215) 738-4844

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Shana S

Jill did a truly amazing job on my wedding day hair and I cannot recommend her enough! I have long, straight hair that has always had trouble holding a curl, yet Jill was able to make full, natural looking curls that lasted all day. It even stayed curly throughout our next day... Read More flight to Europe for our honeymoon! I went to the trial with only a few pictures to show her, but she was easily able to take my description and translate it into exactly what I wanted. My hair looked soft, beautiful and shiny in all of the pictures and did not feel sticky or weighed down from too much product (which has definitely been the case when people have tried to curl my hair in the past!) She also did the hair for the rest of my bridal party. My mother got an updo, and as someone who usually gets updos for formal events, she felt Jill's was one of the best! All of my bridesmaids also looked beautiful- I left it up to them to decide how they wanted it and I know Jill helped each girl to find the perfect style. Jill was calm, cool and collected throughout the entire morning and brought a very relaxed presence to the bridal suite. When a few of my bridesmaids decided at the last minute that they did in fact want to have their hair done, Jill had no problem putting them into the schedule. She was actually ahead of schedule the entire morning! Lastly, Jill had the foresight to remove some of the teeth from the clip to my veil so that it would lay flat the way I wanted. This was truly a lifesaver! She also took the time before leaving to give one of my bridesmaids a tutorial for how to place it in my hair since I wanted to take some pictures with it and some without. Thank you Jill for helping to make my day so special and for helping me to look and feel beautiful!

Stunningly beautiful work!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Arielle G

There are not even enough words to describe how beautiful Jill made my bridesmaids, flower girls, mom/mother in law and I look on my wedding day. Our hair was simply stunning, giving each of us our own look and looking absolutely flawless. Her knowledge and personality make her... Read More so easy to work with and definitely helped me (the bride)stay at ease the whole day. The compliments that we all received throughout the whole day were incredible and everybody's hair stayed in the entire day! Thank you so much Jill for helping to make my wedding day the best day in my life and your amazing work!

Jill is best and can handle anything

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Laura G

Jill recently provided her exceptional services for my wedding. As part of the day, Jill did beautiful hair for 11 people plus myself, and everyone was thrilled with her work (not an easy task!); she ran ahead of her very professional scheule; and was 200% committed to ensuring... Read More that every single girl totally loved the way that they looked before she was done - seeking out feedback and fixing girls hair on the spot without missing a beat. She was superb, and i would highly, highly, recommend her to any bride looking to organize a perfect wedding day. I really don't think her services could have been any better, and i am so thankful for all of her efforts and time. In addition, Jill was super professional, prepared and organized leading up to the day. She really has this business down to a science- and i have never met someone so committed to ensuring my satisfaction (which is exactly what you want for your wedding). She was so patience and prepared, i really can not say enough about how happy I am. I would choose her again in a second!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Rachel D

Many thanks to Jill for creating my dream wedding hairdo! It was simple, elegant, and just how I imagined!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Erica W

Simply, Jill is the best! From my first communication with her about my big day to putting the last bobby pin in place Jill made me feel confident and beautiful. Jill's lovely personality and incredible skill set make her a must have for your special day!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Nncy B

Jill did our hair for my daughter's wedding on March 11, at the Kimmel Center in Phila. I cannot begin to sing her praises! We had nine bridesmaids, including another one of our daughters, and she and her assistant were skilled, pleasant, and patient. She worked with me (as... Read More mother of the bride, and admittedly higher maintenance than the bride) to achieve the style I wanted. More importantly, our bride was lovely, and so very pleased with the results. She even went to another hotel to do the hair of my elderly mother, who was unable to participate in the afternoon. Please do no hesitate to use Jill for your wedding, or any other event you have. She was superb, and I will use her again.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Sarah F

Jill was so great to work with. She was quick, friendly, and left everyone (bridal party of 6, me, and my mother) feeling beautiful. I cannot say enough good things about her! Thank you Jill!!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Lauren K

Jill was amazing! From the time we scheduled the trial through the wedding, Jill was so sweet, creative, and thoughtful in the process. She was so fun to work with and she did a wonderful job making everyone's vision for their hair come alive. On the day of the wedding, she... Read More arrived right on time and finished early and that was even with making adjustments to my mom's and sister's hair when they decided to do something different with their style. Jill was adaptable and I would recommend her 100% to anyone for their wedding party!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Gina R

From the moment I met Jill I knew I was so lucky and going to have the best hair on my wedding day! Jill was such a pleasure to work with and so easy. She perfected the style I wanted and made me look like a gorgeous bride. My entire bridal party also looked stunning and I can't... Read More recommend Jill enough. I loved everything about my hair that day and I owe it all to Jill! Thank you Jill!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Amanda G

Bonnie did an amazing job at our wedding in November. Some of the women were hesitant to get their hair done professionally because of bad experiences in the past - but Bonnie gave each of them exactly what they were looking for and surpassed our expectations!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Tracie D

Cannot say enough amazing things about Jill and her team. I had the pleasure of working with Jill and Joann for my November 5th wedding. From the planning, trial and day of - Jill had everything together and organized. She is a true professional. We had 16 girls and everything... Read More was done timely and perfectly. Would highly recommend them to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kayla R

Jo Ann did my hair, bridesmaids hair, and family of groom and did such a fabulous job on everyone. She listened exactly to what we said and was very receptive if someone wanted something different. If nobody had something set in mind, she worked creatively to find the best style... Read More for them. Overall, super pleased with her work. She was so friendly too and had such a fun time with her getting ready.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lily Q

It was such fun working with JoAnn form Up Your Do for my wedding hair and she did amazing work! I went first for a trial and could not have been happier with what she did and was extremely excited to have her help me get ready the morning-of. She arrived bright and early at... Read More 5:30 am and just added to the happy/excited atmosphere of the morning! She took care of my hair and that of my bridesmaids and mother-in-law. Everyone was very pleased with her work and everyone’s hair looked great all day! As far as communication and coordination, I worked primarily with Jill, who made the process extremely easy and was always prompt in her email responses. I would definitely recommend Up Your Do, and specifically JoAnn, as a hair stylist for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Rakhee P

I cannot thank Gabriella from Up Your Do enough for the perfect looks she created for me, my mother, and my grandmother during my wedding. She was so kind and patient with us - and is truly talented at what she does!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Celine B

Loved, loved, loved Jill Kozar/Up Your Do! From the day I got engaged, I worried about my hair on my wedding day. Jill understood what I wanted and didn't get upset when I changed a few things. She understood perfectly what I was asking. She also did my sister in law and two... Read More nieces hair and perfectly mimicked the picture they showed her. Also, Jill "fixed" my mom's hair that she ALREADY had done elsewhere. My mom looked 100% better. Jill did not have to fix her since my mom was not scheduled, but we certainly appreciated it. I would recommend her again for hair and I will definitely be using her if I need another up do. Thanks, Jill! You really are so talented!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Valerie M

I had a wonderful experience with both Jill and JoAnn of Up Your Do. From start to finish I coordinated with Jill to schedule my trial and come up with a day-of timeline for hair styling for myself and 4 bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. JoAnn was the hairstylist who... Read More actually did our hair the morning of the wedding and she was phenomenal. She arrived right on time and was such a wonderfully positive and upbeat presence to have in the room as we all got ready. To top it off she finished well before the finishing time I gave her which helped eliminate any potential stress from our morning. All of my bridesmaids were thrilled with how their hair turned out and all of our hair held up the entire day through the end of the night. I LOVED my hair...JoAnn was worth every single penny!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Jess D

Up Your Do! is FABULOUS. I got a chance to work with Bonnie for my 9/4 wedding at the Lake House Inn. And she absolutely exceeded my expectations! She was punctual, very professional, and a lot of fun! My hair looked absolutely incredible and stayed in the entire night... Read More without any issues. I got so many compliments on my hair and my bridesmaids hair. It was a wonderful experience, and I would recommend Jill's company and Bonnie to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Rachel E

Jill is an exceptionally wonderful hair stylist! She did my hair for my rehearsal dinner and for my wedding, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. Jill single-handedly did a fantastic job on me and on the16 bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers, flower girls, and... Read More other relatives on my wedding day. She was set up and ready to go well ahead of schedule in the morning, she helped the day run smoothly, and she had everyone finished in time. Everyone loved their hair. Some of my bridesmaids were concerned about curls staying through the day, but Jill worked her magic and everyone's hair looked perfect through the day, evening, and even into the next morning! Not only is Jill extremely talented, she is sweet, patient, and easygoing. She styles hair with such ease and calm, and she helped to make the morning fun for all of us. Jill has been my go-to hair stylist for the last 15 years, so having her there on my wedding day was one of the easiest decisions I made. I could not have imagined my day without her. I cannot thank you enough, Jill, for being such a wonderful person and the best hair stylist!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jasmine G

I met Jill when she did my neighbors wedding last year and I hired her on the spot after I saw what she could do. Although she wasn't able to work my wedding herself, she made sure I had my choice of stylists for my day. One stylist had a family emergency and wasn't able to... Read More work my wedding last minute and Jill made sure to supply me with another stylist immediately! She always went above and beyond when it came to scheduling, trials, and even helping me with recommendations for makeup artists. Jill's team is fabulous and deserves all the praise in the world! I even go to her new salon now to get my regular cut and color.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Beth F

Jill did such an amazing job doing my hair for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. She was early to help out, and was patient when people wanted multiple touch ups. I would highly recommend Jill and her team!!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Jill is! My bridesmaids were amazing at how efficient and creative she was. My group of girls all had different hair styles. Some with really tight curls, some with really long hair, some with short and some with pin straight hair. Jill... Read More worked magic on all of us! Not to mention the day I got married was the hottest day of the year (July 23, 2016). Our hair did not budge or lose it's shape/hold. Jill has an amazing personality and is very easy-going and fun to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have fantastic hair for a wedding, prom, or special event.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Christine G

Jill is incredible and talented! Both her and her 2nd stylist (JoAnn) did an amazing job for myself, my 6 bridesmaids, my mother and the groom's mother. From my hair trial to numerous emails (since I was so unsure what style I wanted for the big day) to the day of, Jill... Read More communicates with ease and was able to provide helpful advice of what style worked best with my detailed dress, headband and veil. Her and JoAnn showed up early on my wedding day and were able to get through 9 women early - which is a blessing on a stressful day with tight timelines! Jill, I cannot thank you enough for going above and beyond my expectations and making me feel completely beautiful and confident for my wedding day. The bridesmaids and mothers could not say enough great things about you and JoAnn - it is money well worth it over and over. We all felt and looked our best! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Hannah D

Jill is a rockstar. In the months leading up to my wedding, Jill was always responsive and helpful. She did an amazing job with a large bridal party and took her time with everyone. I was so happy with my hair and would recommend Jill to any bride on their wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Jill was fantastic- I highly recommend her. She is very good at what she does, kept the bridal party on time and was very efficient. Everyone was very happy with the hair. It turned out perfectly. Very friendly and accommodating. Helpful for an uncertain bride. Overall great... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Julia L

I honestly cannot thank Bonnie from “Up Your Do” enough for doing such an amazing job with the hairstyles for me and my 11 bridesmaids on my wedding (05.28.2016). Bonnie was so personable, professional, talented and helpful. She addressed any and all questions or concerns I had.... Read More She met with me for two trials because I had absolutely no idea what I wanted. She was so patient through both trials and made any adjustments requested. My hair on my wedding day was absolutely gorgeous and flawless. It was exactly what I hoped it would be and more! My bridesmaids looked absolutely gorgeous as well. Thank you for doing such an incredible job. I would highly recommend you to anyone!!