Jim Edmonds Space 15

St. Louis, MO

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Restaurant

1900 Locust Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 588-8899

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Lydia G

We had our reception at Space 15 on 6-11-16 and it was absolutely perfect! Kristina and her staff were extremely helpful and kind. Our bartender was a huge hit with the guests. She was not only hilarious but she made sure everyone was taken care of as well. The food was... Read More delicious (the appetizers are amazing!). Not too mention the space itself is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot recommend Space 15 enough.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I just wanted to thank the staff of Space 15 for such a wonderful ceremony and reception! Mike and I had looked everywhere to find the perfect place for our wedding and things couldn't have been more perfect from the execution of planning and all the up to when we left after our... Read More reception was over. Kristina and her staff were very helpful and the space is so beautiful. The salmon was the entree we chose and it was cooked perfectly! Thanks again for making our day special!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

DO NOT BOOK YOUR WEDDING HERE! FIRST OF ALL, BECKY IS GONE! Whoever has taken over will not go above and beyond like Becky. This is the letter I wrote to the owner, I gave him a week to respond to me and I got NO RESPONSE! Dear Mark, I first want to thank you for all of the... Read More help you gave us throughout the planning process. We were really looking forward to the wedding reception. After meeting with you and tasting the food, we were all very excited about it. I wanted to bring to your attention a few of the things that went wrong on Saturday (October 3, 2015). When we met on September 3rd, we talked about the following: You made sure to let us know that if we were going to be later than 7 pm to let you know so that the food would be fresh and hot. First of all, the food didn’t get served until 8:30 pm and it was COLD. The bridal party arrived around 7 pm. We were raving about the food all week to anyone that would listen. Imagine how embarrassing it was for us when it was served COLD. We opted for “mashed potatoes” to go with the dinner. We didn’t get that. You mentioned that in order to alleviate a long line at the bar, that a bucket or two of beers would be available for easy access at the bar. There were no buckets of beer. You asked us whether we wanted the cake served to the guests or have a cake table which will let the guests pick whatever flavor cake they wanted since the wedding cake came in 3 different flavors. We opted to have a cake table. This did not happen and the bride and groom had to ask to have the red velvet cut and served. You mentioned that there would be cabs waiting at the end of the evening for our guests. We mentioned this to Kristina and Kristina told us that depending on where the guests were staying, there would be shuttles and no need for cabs. We told Kristina that the guests were staying at the Hyatt and that the Hyatt didn't have a shuttle. She requested for the cabs to be available after the reception. There were no cabs available. This wasn’t discussed in our meeting with you, but we were confused as to why there were no wedding favors at the Head table. We realize that Kristina was running another event across the hall, but we feel like OUR EVENT SUFFERED. We could count with one hand how many times she was around. When I first got to the venue, Kristina told me that she had to move some tables around because she didn’t know that there was going to be a photo booth. My daughter has an email exchange with her about the placement of the photo booth. I’m confused as to why she said she didn’t know anything about it. Everything that we planned and discussed in great detail was NOT done. It could all have been overlooked if at the very least, the food served to everyone was not COLD. Needless to say, this was the biggest disappointment. The food was simply not edible and I feel that we did not receive what was promised. I respectfully request your professional consideration in refunding us an amount that would be fair as a token of compensation. I look forward to your reply.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Brandace B

I had my wedding reception at this venue and the food was horrible! Please stay away! We spent $90+ per plate and 93% of our guest threw the food away. The Coordinator Becky is no longer at the venue and the service has declined tremendously! If you read all of the reviews,... Read More Becky's name was mentioned...please make note...she is no longer there. Not to mention, the server made a VERY DEROGATORY STATMENT TO ONE OF OUR GUEST. SHE STATED, "I'VE NEVER SERVED THIS MANY BLACK PEOPLE". The service received was horrible. All of our concerns were addressed with the owner and he took very little ownership. Please note, this is the first online complaint I have ever made. We were very embarrassed, disappointed and in total disbelief. This was our first wedding and we wanted things to be right (not perfect) and to be respected. We would give Space 15 a rating of -4. Please don't allow the beautiful space to deceive you. The food and service is horrible. I would hate for another bride to be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/29/2015

I couldn't have wanted more! Becky and the staff at Soace 15 were so easy to work with. I heard compliments all night at my daughter's wedding. The venue is beautiful, the food fantastic and the staff were so professional and fun all at the same time! This is a hidden gem that... Read More should not remain hidden. I am a client for life! I can't wait to plan another event!

Our Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Jessica W

We selected this venue for both our ceremony, reception and (using the Precinct bar downstairs) the after-party following an extensive search of possible locations throughout St. Louis. While it was a tough call between this and a few other possibilities (Third Degree,... Read More Palladium and Sqwires), we chose Space 15 based on the urban, lofty exposed-brick feel of the interior and the enthusiasm and approachability of the venue coordinator, Becky. (As background, we planned our wedding without a planner from 2000 miles away in Seattle.) From the get-go, we were very satisfied with our selection. Becky made the process incredibly easy for us, despite the distance and lack of intermediary. Every vendor that she recommended was great, and she worked directly with each of them to make the planning as seamless as possible. She was always quick to respond to our emails and met with us on a moment’s notice (which is often how we had to travel in and out of St. Louis in the months leading up to the event). In the final few weeks, Becky was consistently on top of things and never left us feeling harried or unsure of what came next. There was not a single surprise or “last minute crisis”, and we barely sweated coordinating across a half-dozen or so different vendors to bring the event together. (A minor logistical issue arose with one vendor--not recommended by Becky--that she handled completely.) Our special day went down exactly as we had envisioned it. The space was beautiful, the service was great, and when the DJ asked if we wanted to keep the party going for another hour, all it took was a quick word with Becky (who had already let us extend an hour past the maximum allotted time). To the credit of Becky and her staff, there was unbeknownst to us a minor incident between guests that required some intervention to calm down those involved, and they handled everything gracefully, discretely, and without even bringing it to our attention (and only when we brought it up to Becky to thank her for her involvement). We cannot recommend this location enough--even with minimal decorations, the place brings a lot of charm, and the layout is perfect for a gathering of about 120 people (the size of our wedding) with ample space to dine, cocktail and dance. On top of that, the total cost ended up being far less than we had anticipated, despite never compromising along the way with regard to food, drink or duration. Perfect for those seeking an “urban” look, an “all-in-one” venue and a professional yet personable coordinator.

the perfect night!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 katy a

We had our ceremony and reception at Edmonds. I have to start with saying that Becky Hale is an absolute godsend. seriously! She answered ALL (and there were more than a couple) questions extremely promptly and thoroughly and never acted at all irritated! She asked me several... Read More questions and when my response was "ummm I have no idea!!," she dealt with it! She is basically a wedding planner that you don't have to pay extra for! My now-husband and I moved across the country just a couple months before the wedding and she was SO helpful. Kansas City to StL is an easy drive...not so much from Wisconsin! When I found out we were moving, I called on extremely short notice and asked her if she could fit us in for our menu tasting earlier than planned because of the move. She made it happen! I know it added extra stress to her already busy schedule, but she never let it show! Our ceremony and reception went off mostly without a hitch and I have to give all of the credit to her! She coordinated with all of our other vendors and made sure everything looked beautiful! (by that point, I wasn't much help!). We're still getting compliments on how great everything was and how beautiful the building was. We rented seat covers and a couple of extra candles, but that was it! We really relied on the ambiance of the building and being in downtown and it totally worked! We had the ceremony at 5 and then went to the lounge for cocktail hour, and then back up for the reception. The weather was perfect, so many of our guests took advantage of the great outdoor space, in addition to sampling the appetizers and drinks. It was the BEST food I have EVER had a wedding! We had ribeye and salmon, and still have guests raving about how good it was. One of my friends likes her steak very well done, and it came out about medium rare(my favorite). They cooked it more for her, no problem. Our waitress was AWESOME and so helpful. My glass was never empty and she literally made sure I had everything I needed, at every point in the night. A champagne toast was included in the package and I have some really cute pictures of the young kids toasting us with their "champagne!" Our bartender chatted up the guests and everyone really enjoyed him. I'm a huge Cardinals fan, and Jim Edmonds happened to be in the bar downstairs. Mark Witfield (co-owner/GM) was super accommodating and made sure we had a chance to get a picture with Jim! It wasn't the absolute highlight of my night (you know, that whole marriage thing!) but it came darn close! I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever about Edmonds and would do another event there in a heartbeat. I still have friends contacting me to say how much fun our wedding was and how they keep looking at all of the pictures and wish we could do it again. It's a little pricey, but you get what you pay for- that adage has never been so true as when applied to Edmonds. The fantastic food, ambiance, and EXCELLENCE of Becky and her staff made it well worth it. I wish we would have added another hour so the night could have continued longer! The space is a little on the smaller side; we ended up with about 125 guests and I'm not sure I would recommend going much larger than that. Becky, Mark, Jim, and the staff went above and beyond to make our night so special and it was obvious how much they cared. We could not have asked for anything more!! If you have your wedding here, you won't regret it! Katy and Jason Nall

rustic space, amazing food

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Morgan

Jim Edmonds was the perfect venue space for my wedding. The brick walls, wood floors, and tall wood columns make the perfect rustic setting for a charming wedding, no additional decorations were used! The coordinator, Becky, is as sweet as can be and helps put all the details... Read More together. She has a TON of experience and is the best person to have on your team when things go wrong! Also, THE BEST STEAK YOU WILL GET AT A WEDDING. Full service receptions are worth it when you get a perfectly cooked, "pink in the center" steak for every guest. Amazingly executed, reasonably priced. Thanks Chef Andy!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Erica J

Becky and her team were fabulous. She had everything under control. We never wanted anything the entire night. The food was great. The staff was friendly and reliable. They now how to host an event!

Wonderful Reception & Experience

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Megan A

We just had our wedding reception here last week and I can't express enough how wonderful Becky and her staff was. Everyone kept complimenting us about how great the space looked (from the brick walls and wood floors to the table settings and decor), and how delicious the food... Read More was--both the appetizers & their meals. The bar & wait staff were also pleasant to all of our guests. An example of how great it was to work with Becky... We happen to book our DJ through Edmond's because they have their own contacts. We happened to have a snafu with the first one, and Becky was quick to find another one of her DJ's to replace the first one just FOUR weeks out from the reception. It was nice to not have to worry about finding a new DJ! Overall, a wonderful night at Edmonds!

2012-10-26T13:14:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to work with you both. I had a great time planing your wedding. Congratulations!!!

Loved everything about this location

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Erin K

We had the ceremony and reception at Edmond's. The brick walls and old hardwood floors were really all the decoration we needed to make everything gorgeous. We had very simple ceremony and reception decorations. We didn't need much to enhance the space. There was a fabulous... Read More lounge that our guests went to while the room was flipped to dinner. They spent a little longer than anticipated setting up for dinner, but it just gave our guests a little longer to enjoy cocktails. The food is ridiculously delicious. We ended up not ordering a cake because we sampled their desserts and decided it wasn't worth looking. The chocolate cake melts in your mouth. They were extremely helpful and quick to sort out any problems we had. So pleased we chose to have our wedding here.

Sweet and Wonderful Wedding place!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2012 Sunny C

We love this place! We had a beautiful and sweet wedding! If you are looking for a sweet and small wedding place,it is here!! The wedding ceremony and reception went very well, which we attribute to management and oversight. The lady who in charge was very kind and... Read More understanding at all points of our wedding planning process.  She was extremely organized, which showed pre-wedding and during the ceremony and reception. We greatly appreciate the wonderful experience during our special day.Thanks for Jim Edmonds 15 Steak House!

2012-04-26T12:11:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Jim Edmonds Steakhouse 15. It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family. It was such a beautiful ceremony and wedding receptions. The day was perfect!! Becky Hale Director of Catering

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2010 April M

This place is amazing. Affordable, nice ambiance, its in the city, good opportunities for parking. Amanda the event coordinator is a pleasure to work with. She will answer all of your questions. There is no rental fee, just a minimum purchase of food and beverage. Which... Read More is really affordable. Out of all the places within the city I looked, when I got to this one it was so refreshing. Ultimately, I chose another venue that gave more bang for the buck, but this one was definitely #2 pick.