Seasoned, personable, reliable classical guitarist

Experienced wedding guitarist w/ a repertoire that spans every era: Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Spanish-Romantic, Flamenco & even contemporary pop/rock! For the latter, I create solo guitar arrangements of songs upon request, which maintains it's familiarity while adding a charming elegance.

892 CASA SOLANA DR, WHEATON, IL

Jim was GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Nicole

Jim was fantastic! Couldn't have had anything better, he was very easy to communicate with and very friendly. I have nothing bad to say! Everyone loved him and said it sounded beautiful. We had a barn wedding and unfortunately the outdoor ceremony did not happen because it... Read More rained, hailed and then came sleet. Jim was accommodating and quickly adjusted and we had nothing but compliments! Wonderful, thank you so much for taking part in our wedding. - Nicole & Matt

Jim is great!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Katie D

Jim was amazing to work with! We live out of state, so we did all our meetings on Skype. In our first meeting, we went through the order of the ceremony and talked about ideas for the music. There were a few songs we knew we wanted, but for several things (unity candle,... Read More pre-ceremony music) we had no idea. Jim went through each item and played some sample suggestions to see what we kind of music we liked. We ended up using most of Jim’s suggestions (we trusted him completely), along with a couple Beatles songs (In My Life and Here Comes the Sun). He also learned a song for us. There were two songs I was interested in for the bridal processional, which were not previously in Jim’s repertoire. He figured out the guitar arrangements for both, and recorded samples of each so I could choose between them. I chose “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds. The ceremony was beautiful, and we got so many compliments on the music. I had never been to a wedding before with a solo guitarist, and most of our guests hadn’t either. It gave our ceremony a happy, welcoming atmosphere! Jim is incredibly friendly, and always responded to us quickly when we emailed him. He’s someone we would absolutely want to be friends with if we lived in the same city, and we would highly recommend him for any event!

Jim Perona

Reviewed on 1/10/2014 Ashley

Jim performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding back in October. He was an absolute pleasure to work with from the first time we contacted him. He was excellent with emails, phone calls, and made the entire booking process very easy for my wife and I. Jim... Read More arrived at our church with plenty of time to set up his equipment and practice before the ceremony. He then played beautiful wedding music for our prelude that our family and friends really enjoyed. Jim was also nice enough to sing and play a song we requested for our unity candle portion of our wedding, which was absolutely wonderful. Jim has a unique talent in that he can take classic rock songs, heavy rock songs, top party favorites, among many others and play them on the acoustic guitar. As a guitar player myself, I knew this would be great for our cocktail hour. If you watch his videos online, you’ll know what I mean. We were able to request any of the songs off of his playlist and Jim even offered to learn a special song for us if we wanted. He played all of the songs we asked for at our cocktail hour and everyone loved it. Jim is not only a great guitar player and singer, but great to work with as well. He made our wedding truly special and we would not hesitate to ask him to play at another event. We definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Meghan T

Jim played during our lunch reception for our wedding this past weekend and was GREAT! We really wanted someone who could mix both flamenco and contemporary music into the same performance, and he did that perfectly. He even took some requests from my father-in-law (from Mexico)... Read More and executed them flawlessly! We would highly recommend Jim for your next event.

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Marti S

Jim was fantastic! He added that special touch we were looking for at our wedding! He played the acoustic guitar at our ceremony and cocktail hour. People still are raving about how great he was! He was very responsive and worked hard at learning songs we possibly wanted to be... Read More played. Very accommodating! I highly reccomend Jim to add that special touch to any event!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Annie C

Jim was more than we could have asked for. A total professional, showed up in a timely manner, played beautifully and listened to all of our requests for music. He provides the appropriate sound equipment so we didn't have to worry about the venue providing it and it not... Read More working space (that is huge trust me). He also knows exactly how to listen to a wedding coordinator and start and stop at the correct points. Again, things you don't worry about as a bride or groom until two weeks before a wedding. I would recommend him for any event you were looking for live music but especially a wedding.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Wow - I cannot even begin to describe how Jim made our wedding that much more perfect. I had originally met Jim at my Grandma's funeral where he played during her service. My mom and I were so "wowed" by him that I went up to him and asked for his card to inquire about him... Read More playing at my wedding the following fall of 2015. From the moment I emailed him it was nothing but professionalism and quick responses. I could tell her not only loved what he did but he really wanted to make our wedding one that would not be forgotten. With my husband being hispanic we wanted some of that culture to be brought out at the wedding - Jim offered up playing Spanish-Romantic/Latin and Flamengo and it was the best suggestion ever. My husbands family was so touched and I remember the best man saying "man, that guitarist is really good" when we were sitting down at dinner. At cocktail hour Jim played a variety of hits and old classics, per my choice. He supplied us with songs he knew (there are a LOT) and asked me to pick which ones we wanted and didnt want - and even said he would learn any new ones he had in mine. He was by far - the EASIEST, most responsive, and reliable vendor I had worked with - in addition to him playing beautiful music.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Edna R

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Jim performed during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. From the very beginning, my now husband and I wanted a guitarist for our wedding. I searched on the website a year and a half prior to our date and saw Jim Perona’s name pop up…. went on his page,... Read More listened to some of his performance in YouTube and knew right away that he was “the one”. We didn’t even bother looking for anyone else and contacted him right away to reserve our date. He was so awesome to work with, very personable and replied right away anytime we reached out to him. He has so many songs under his repertoire and it just keeps growing…even added a couple of special requests that we had for him, Prince’s Raspberry Beret being one. I can’t even tell you how many of our guests thought how great he was and kept asking how we found him. There is no question that Jim has a tremendous amount of talent so if you’re looking for a guitarist, don’t hesitate to book him! You won’t regret it.

Great music !

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Ryan M

Jim is fantastic! My husband wanted something unique for our ceremony music and as we got married at our venue and not a church we had our choice of music. Jim was great, excellent musician and accommodating for all of our requests. Also, he was very reasonably priced compared... Read More to a full quartet. He was very professional to work with and arrived / played / departed as planned. My only regret was that he played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and I didn't get more of a chance to hear his beautiful music, although I do recall he played a beautiful rendition of Ave Maria for my processional as requested. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Jim was the perfect choice to start off our wedding! He created a great vibe with flawlessly performed tunes. His classical take on Beatles songs were the perfect mood starter and made for such a beautiful processional and recessional. Music is such an important part of our... Read More life, and Jim’s guitar playing tied perfectly into our ceremony. Thanks a ton Jim!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Renee C

Jim was all around amazing! His work is astounding and he was so easy to work with throughout the planning process. Without his music, our ceremony would not have been as beautiful. I am so grateful that he was able to make our wedding day so much more memorable!

Exceptional!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 LORI A

WOW!!! No words can begin to express how awesome Jim Perona is!!! But I will certainly try. From Day one, Jim has been nothing but professional, accommodating and helpful!!! His talent is to the roof, and that is an understatement!! His musical repertoire is vast, something for... Read More everyone!! He played at our Wedding Ceremony and was our only performer during our reception, and set the right mood for what we were looking for!! We asked him to play a few songs not in his song list, and he went out of his way to learn them and perform them, even singing one of them at our request for our first dance. So special!!! Our family and friends are still raving about his talent, and also what a wonderful, warm, humble young man he is. We are fans for life, and have gone out to other venues to watch him perform, and we come away from them, so happy and excited!! We love Jim, and if you don't use him in some way as part of your Wedding, it is truly your loss!!! LOVE YOU JIM!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Amanda P

Jim was great to work with. The music was flawless and his flexibility with set-up was quite helpful. His performances added so much to the ambiance of the venue! Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

We could not be happier with Jim’s performance, professionalism and overall presence at our wedding. Communication before the event was incredibly easy and it left us with a sense of calm leading up to that day that at least one part of our ceremony and reception would be... Read More perfect. Jim’s playing was beautiful and was noticed by every guest in attendance. We are still receiving compliments on Jim’s performance to this day. His ability to learn our song, which was a strange request to begin with, was much appreciated, and his repertoire matched our style and needs perfectly. I would suggest using Jim Perona to anyone I come across for such an event. Great job, indeed!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Trish S

Jim is extremely professional and amazing at what he does! He responded to my many annoying emails very quickly. He has a long list of songs he can play which helped us to pick out music for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but also was more than willing to learn any other songs... Read More that we wanted! He played beautifully during our ceremony and everyone said he did a great job at the cocktail hour as well! He was very flexible when we had a slight time change for the ceremony and arrived with plenty of time to set up! He's the best at what he does and we HIGHLY reccomend him!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Emily M

From start to finish, Jim was very responsive, detail-oriented, organized, enthusiastic and put in a lot of effort into helping with picking songs! On our wedding day he delivered very well and kept professional while still still having his own style and flare. He has a huge... Read More list of songs and that stood out to us as we wanted untraditional wedding music. We really would recommend Jim for wedding ceremony/cocktail hour music!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Jim was absolutely fabulous! Professional, wide range of Song options and great to work with. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. Everyone at our wedding commented on how wonderful the music was. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Alissa D

I don't have enough good things to say about Jim! He was the consummate professional, from start to finish. But, that wasn't even the best part! I always dreamed of walking down the aisle to "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney. Jim didn't currently have it arranged, so he... Read More created an arrangement so that I would be able to walk down the aisle to my dream song. I had people come up to me/call me/text me/ for weeks after asking about the "guy with the guitar" - hire him! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Heidi P

We cannot recommend Jim Perona any more highly. He is an extremely talented guitarist and so many of our guests commented to us that they enjoyed his performance. Jim worked with us to create a playlist that matched our tastes. He even learned two songs that were of particular... Read More importance to us. Every step of the way he was professional, friendly, and quick to communicate. If you are looking for a truly talented musician to help make your wedding special, look no further than Jim Perona.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Lisa H

Jim was absolutely wonderful. The process of choosing the music was quick and streamlined; he was earlier to the ceremony site than anyone else we hired; and his musicianship was lovely. We couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Jessica W

Jim performed for our wedding on June 14,2015. He played 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, for the ceremony and for cocktail hour. He was amazing! So easy to work with, such a wide variety of song choices and added such a special touch to our wedding. All of our guests raved... Read More about Jim. We highly recommend him for your wedding or next event.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Alison A

We hired Jim for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we couldn't have been happier! He is an amazingly talented guitarist, and is also an absolute pleasure to work with- responsive, professional and accommodating. Exactly what I needed when planning our wedding! We... Read More recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

We absolutely LOVE Jim! We knew we wanted a guitarist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. After listening to clips online, we knew Jim was perfect after watching some of his videos. Unfortunately, our first date was already booked with Jim. When we found out our venue had double... Read More booked our date (ugh!), one of the best things to come out of it was being able to book Jim! We were excited to put together a suggested playlist from Jim's expansive repertoire. Since we were planning long-distance (Virginia to Chicago), we Skyped with Jim a few weeks prior to the wedding. He was super responsive to email and questions, and offered some advice on our music selections. I joked that if anyone couldn't find me during cocktail hour, I would be in a chair next to Jim! (That didn't happen, but everyone talked about how great Jim was during both the ceremony and cocktail hour.) We would hire Jim again in a second, and would definitely check him out at a local gig when we are in town again!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Jessica C

We hired Jim as the guitarist for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour which took place in May. When we started our search, we knew we would hire Jim the moment we heard him play! I watched almost all of his videos on YouTube, and listened to everything that was available on... Read More his website. Booking with him was simple, and he was very great at remaining in contact with us up until the big day! He is also willing to learn whatever it is you like as long as he has the proper amount of time leading up to the day! He plays beautifully, and I would hire him again in a second!

An Incredible Guitarist!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Victoria K

My husband and I got Jim’s name from a DJ in the area. We were looking for a solo guitarist for our wedding ceremony. From the very beginning Jim was professional and a please to work with. His repertoire of songs is amazing. He had the perfect variety of songs from... Read More Classical to Contemporary. Jim was also very accommodating was able to perform two songs that were not on his list. With every email, he was informative and helpful. He was able to answer all of my questions and even helped with a last minute microphone needed for the ceremony. As I was walking down the aisle outside surrounded by trees, hearing the beautiful sound of the guitar playing a song that meant so much to me help make the moment even more special. His music was absolutely perfect for the wedding that my husband and I dreamt of. After the ceremony, my new husband and I received a ton of compliments and praise for Jim. Choosing him as our musician for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made.