892 CASA SOLANA DR, WHEATON, IL

Jim was GREAT!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Nicole

Jim was fantastic! Couldn't have had anything better, he was very easy to communicate with and very friendly. I have nothing bad to say! Everyone loved him and said it sounded beautiful. We had a barn wedding and unfortunately the outdoor ceremony did not happen because it... Read More rained, hailed and then came sleet. Jim was accommodating and quickly adjusted and we had nothing but compliments! Wonderful, thank you so much for taking part in our wedding. - Nicole & Matt

Jim is great!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Katie D

Jim was amazing to work with! We live out of state, so we did all our meetings on Skype. In our first meeting, we went through the order of the ceremony and talked about ideas for the music. There were a few songs we knew we wanted, but for several things (unity candle,... Read More pre-ceremony music) we had no idea. Jim went through each item and played some sample suggestions to see what we kind of music we liked. We ended up using most of Jim’s suggestions (we trusted him completely), along with a couple Beatles songs (In My Life and Here Comes the Sun). He also learned a song for us. There were two songs I was interested in for the bridal processional, which were not previously in Jim’s repertoire. He figured out the guitar arrangements for both, and recorded samples of each so I could choose between them. I chose “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds. The ceremony was beautiful, and we got so many compliments on the music. I had never been to a wedding before with a solo guitarist, and most of our guests hadn’t either. It gave our ceremony a happy, welcoming atmosphere! Jim is incredibly friendly, and always responded to us quickly when we emailed him. He’s someone we would absolutely want to be friends with if we lived in the same city, and we would highly recommend him for any event!

Jim Perona

Reviewed on 1/10/2014 Ashley

Jim performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding back in October. He was an absolute pleasure to work with from the first time we contacted him. He was excellent with emails, phone calls, and made the entire booking process very easy for my wife and I. Jim... Read More arrived at our church with plenty of time to set up his equipment and practice before the ceremony. He then played beautiful wedding music for our prelude that our family and friends really enjoyed. Jim was also nice enough to sing and play a song we requested for our unity candle portion of our wedding, which was absolutely wonderful. Jim has a unique talent in that he can take classic rock songs, heavy rock songs, top party favorites, among many others and play them on the acoustic guitar. As a guitar player myself, I knew this would be great for our cocktail hour. If you watch his videos online, you’ll know what I mean. We were able to request any of the songs off of his playlist and Jim even offered to learn a special song for us if we wanted. He played all of the songs we asked for at our cocktail hour and everyone loved it. Jim is not only a great guitar player and singer, but great to work with as well. He made our wedding truly special and we would not hesitate to ask him to play at another event. We definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jori C

Jim did an amazing job at our ceremony and cocktail hour! He was definitely the cherry on top of the entire day. He set the mood for the day and was exactly what I envisioned. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing artist!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Andrew B

I couldn't be more pleased with the way Jim performed. The music sounded beautiful and he picked up several songs by request with ease, and made wonderful renditions of some of my favorite tunes. Most notably, our chosen song for our first dance, "I Like What You Say." Jim... Read More was super easy to work with. Extremely patient and flexible, not to mention cost effective. His suggestions made it is easy for us to arrange what to play and when to play it, and he was ultimately responsible for creating a lovely ambiance. Not sure what our wedding would have been like without his music. All our guests loved his music just as much as we did. Thank you Jim!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelly and Jeff B

Jim Perona – Classical Guitar Performance September 17, 2016 Baker Wedding We actually met Jim Perona at an event at the Morton Arboretum and immediately knew that we wanted him to perform at our wedding celebration on September 17, 2016. From initial contact Jim was always... Read More professional, so personable, with quick follow-up to our many questions. Although Jim has an amazing repertoire, he went out of his way to add a few of our sentimental favorites! Our wedding celebration took place at Gibson’s in Oak Brook. Jim arrived early and began right on time! Our guests loved Jim and his music, as well as did the guests in the room next door as they were dancing to the beautiful harmonies too. Jim played for four hours straight and never hesitated in his song selection or looked at any music sheets!! Truly amazing! Our wedding day memories were greatly enhanced by Jim and his music being a part of it. We will always be grateful to Jim for sharing his passion, talent, and gift for making beautiful music. We would highly recommend Jim Perona for your wedding or special event!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Marie H

We had so many complements on how wonderful Jim played before and during our wedding ceremony. He was always available to us for any questions or concerns we had. All of our contact prior to the wedding was via-email and he was so helpful with music selections.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016

The music that Jim provided set the tone for our whole outdoor ceremony. He was amazing to work with, patient as we worked our way to 6 songs, sending demos, and tweaking things along the way. He provided prompt email responses, keeping his customer informed and happy. He was... Read More on time and prepared with a battery powered amp just in case we didn’t have electricity for our rustic wedding. So many of the guests thanked us for the concert in the woods! Thank you, Jim!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ashley B

Having Jim play the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding was the right choice! He was very communicative throughout the wedding planning process, and played beautifully. He sent me some samples of the songs I wanted, and was flexible in doing an octave displacement... Read More for one part of a song that I wanted to match a recording I had heard elsewhere. The music was exactly what I wanted, and set the mood perfectly for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I was so pleased to have Jim play at our wedding, and highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Alex C

Jim did a wonderful job at our wedding! He was very easy to communicate with before the event and had no problem accommodating all our requests. He really made our ceremony the fairytale I had envisioned it to be.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jenny B

Jim is great! We recently had Jim Perona perform at our wedding, playing several songs prior to the ceremony and during the prelude. He also played during the cocktail hour following the ceremony and was worth every penny. We chose songs from his repertoire list, but he was also... Read More willing to learn additional songs that we wanted. He sent us demos of the songs to make sure we liked what we heard and after approval, learned the entire song. The price that Jim requested was very reasonable and for as many people complimented us on our wedding music, I would recommend him to anyone. Jim was professional, easy to work with and added a special touch to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Joshua L

We had Jim play at our wedding this summer and it was fantastic! He was super easy to work with and very helpful in song selection. The way he plays guitar heightened the beauty of our ceremony. And then at cocktail hour, he kept the guests enthralled. Besides watching my bride... Read More walk down the aisle, listening to Jim play was one of the highlights of my evening.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jodi P

JIm played for our outdoor wedding ceremony on 7/9/16. His music was beautiful and added so much to our very special day. I would not hesitate to recommend him and would use him again in a heartbeat! Thanks again Jim! Jodi

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Alexandra O

Jim was such a blessing. Incredible musical ability and superb professionalism. Would book again in a heart beat for any event that needs an elegant and magical touch.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsay G

We used Jim as our guitarist for our ceremony however before he wedding we went to see him play and enjoyed listening to him so much that we also decided to have him during cocktail hour and dinner. He was great leading up to our wedding answering any questions or concerns. He... Read More worked with me personally on a song that I wanted to be a little different then the original. The day of our wedding people were mesmerized that what they were hearing was live and not prerecorded. We received so many compliments the day of our wedding and after about Jim. He was awesome all around! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Debbie L

Jim performed at my daughters wedding in Aug. of 2016 at Cantigny. He was amazing. Easy to work with and every one raved about the music. Thank you Jim for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Andrea S

If I could add more stars I would! Jim was such a wonderful addition to both our ceremony and our reception! The moment I heard him playing my walk in song I burst into tears, the music made the day and everything I imagined come to life. At the reception, dinner ran long and... Read More Jim continued to play, which the guests loved! We had so many compliments on his playing we would recommend his services to anyone looking for a guitarist hands down! Thank you Jim!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Mandy K

Jim was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He was very professional and easy to work with. He was very accommodating and replied to my emails in a very timely manner. My pastor was an hour late for the ceremony and Jim kept playing the prelude music for the... Read More guests without even missing a beat even though it was 95 degrees and humid. The music was perfect. He is extremely talented!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Haley K

Jim played guitar at my Wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, he was AMAZING! I cant tell you how many compliments I received throughout the day about Jim. He has a great portfolio of songs with a wide range of genres that is a great fit for any type of event formal or casual.... Read More Jim was very responsive during my planning and very detailed. He knows what he needs to do, shows up and does an outstanding job, you can tell he has a lot of experience. He can follow the flow and vibe of a wedding and has perfect timing without needing any guidance. I wish I had more reasons to have parties I would hire Jim for every one of them. Jim was hands down one of the best parts of my wedding experience. I wish I could give him more than 5 stars he definitely deserves it. Thank You Jim!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Caly M

Jim was wonderful! He was professional, responded quickly, and was very flexible. He sounded beautiful at our ceremony and cocktail hour, and we never had to worry about a thing! He also has a great library of classical tunes, rock, pop...even Disney!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Meghan T

Jim played during our lunch reception for our wedding this past weekend and was GREAT! We really wanted someone who could mix both flamenco and contemporary music into the same performance, and he did that perfectly. He even took some requests from my father-in-law (from Mexico)... Read More and executed them flawlessly! We would highly recommend Jim for your next event.

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Marti S

Jim was fantastic! He added that special touch we were looking for at our wedding! He played the acoustic guitar at our ceremony and cocktail hour. People still are raving about how great he was! He was very responsive and worked hard at learning songs we possibly wanted to be... Read More played. Very accommodating! I highly reccomend Jim to add that special touch to any event!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Annie C

Jim was more than we could have asked for. A total professional, showed up in a timely manner, played beautifully and listened to all of our requests for music. He provides the appropriate sound equipment so we didn't have to worry about the venue providing it and it not... Read More working space (that is huge trust me). He also knows exactly how to listen to a wedding coordinator and start and stop at the correct points. Again, things you don't worry about as a bride or groom until two weeks before a wedding. I would recommend him for any event you were looking for live music but especially a wedding.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Wow - I cannot even begin to describe how Jim made our wedding that much more perfect. I had originally met Jim at my Grandma's funeral where he played during her service. My mom and I were so "wowed" by him that I went up to him and asked for his card to inquire about him... Read More playing at my wedding the following fall of 2015. From the moment I emailed him it was nothing but professionalism and quick responses. I could tell her not only loved what he did but he really wanted to make our wedding one that would not be forgotten. With my husband being hispanic we wanted some of that culture to be brought out at the wedding - Jim offered up playing Spanish-Romantic/Latin and Flamengo and it was the best suggestion ever. My husbands family was so touched and I remember the best man saying "man, that guitarist is really good" when we were sitting down at dinner. At cocktail hour Jim played a variety of hits and old classics, per my choice. He supplied us with songs he knew (there are a LOT) and asked me to pick which ones we wanted and didnt want - and even said he would learn any new ones he had in mine. He was by far - the EASIEST, most responsive, and reliable vendor I had worked with - in addition to him playing beautiful music.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Edna R

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Jim performed during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. From the very beginning, my now husband and I wanted a guitarist for our wedding. I searched on the website a year and a half prior to our date and saw Jim Perona’s name pop up…. went on his page,... Read More listened to some of his performance in YouTube and knew right away that he was “the one”. We didn’t even bother looking for anyone else and contacted him right away to reserve our date. He was so awesome to work with, very personable and replied right away anytime we reached out to him. He has so many songs under his repertoire and it just keeps growing…even added a couple of special requests that we had for him, Prince’s Raspberry Beret being one. I can’t even tell you how many of our guests thought how great he was and kept asking how we found him. There is no question that Jim has a tremendous amount of talent so if you’re looking for a guitarist, don’t hesitate to book him! You won’t regret it.

Start a Conversation!