JK Wedding Events

Los Angeles, Orange county, San Diego, San Francisco, Vegas

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

Los Angeles, Orange county, San Diego, San Francisco, Vegas (213) 703-7131

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Candace L

We hired Yoomin at JK Wedding Events for day of coordination for our wedding. Overall, we were very pleased with Yoomin's service, professionalism, and ability to get things done. When we met with Yoomin in person, we felt like she definitely had experience and we trusted that... Read More she would get everything in line. We had already done most of the planning, but she helped fill any gaps and actually caught some things we had missed. There were times where we wanted to stray from a typical wedding itinerary, and Yoomin was always flexible and wanted us to be happy with our own wedding. I personally think she did more than we expected her too, which is always a good thing. She brought a couple assistants to the wedding who were professionally dressed and both were experienced and did a good job helping. I would definitely recommend JK Wedding Events for wedding coordination. They can adjust to whatever you need help with planning.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017

Jimmy and his crew were the best I can ask for in a MC/DJ! Jimmy was very friendly and passionate about his job which is why I chose this company. He was there with his best DJ equipments on the day of of my engagement party and they were top-notch!! I absolutely loved the... Read More equipments they brought because it brought such good vibe and mood to the party. Jimmy was a bilingual DJ so he spoke both Korean and English the crowd at the same time. My audience was about 90 % korean and 10 % English speakers so he spoke mostly English but he was fluent in both languages which was also the reason I picked Jimmy over other DJ vendors. Jimmy was alive and vibrant during the party and kept different age groups/ audience all engaged and attentive during the four hour duration. The games he suggested were wonderful and he did a fantastic job narrating the games and keeping the flow of the party going. Overall, I was very pleased with Jimmy’s work and I would definitely hire him for other events and suggest him to my friends!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Claire S

I just got married three weeks ago from today. We contacted Jimmy Koh from JK Wedding Events as soon as we saw a video of him singing our favorite wedding song. We asked Jimmy if he can sing our favorite song with Trixie, who is another Co-MC from the team and indeed, they did a... Read More great job! On the day of the wedding, he clearly knew how to entertain the crowd. Jimmy has tons of experience in wedding, so he knows what to do. He played this game at our wedding, which all of our guests enjoyed. If you tell him what kind of wedding you want, he will make it for you. We told him what kind of wedding we want, our love story, and some things that we pay a close attention to. and He did a great job! I highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 chris k

I would give JK Wedding Events all the starts I can possibly give. I am seriously not sure how our wedding would have gone with out Jimmy. 1. I'm not going to further discuss about his amazing vocal skill. Look him up on youtube. 2. Have no idea how to schedule your... Read More wedding/reception/etc? Jimmy's gotchu. He's been in hundreds of wedding and he knows the latest trend/style of wedding ceremonies and receptions. 3. I'm a very detail oriented and a (sort of) perfectionist. I think my wife and I had well over 50 email conversation with Jimmy and > 2 in-person meetings, and ~3 skype meetings. This is probably not normal, but Jimmy was happy to do it and was very understanding. 4. Although Jimmy will make lots of suggestions based on his experience, he will always go with what YOU want. He is very flexible to last minute / unexpected changes. 5. I probably called every single Korean/English bilingual MCs in Los Angeles area. Jimmy is the most non-intimidating, honest and friendliest one. Trust me, I'm saving you hours of phone calls with other MCs. Just go with him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jennifer L

We used JK Wedding Events for our wedding (early Sept 2017) and we loved working with them! The coordinator was great - on top of every detail and easy-going to speak with, which gave me peace throughout the whole wedding planning, prep process. The MC was great as well. As... Read More I walked down the aisle, I broke a glass vase along the way. But instead of having a bad vibe after that, the MC was very witful and he had made all of us forget it, by going on to tell everyone this fortunate phrase/saying: "they say that if 3 things happen at a wedding, it's a great sign- 1. If it rains, 2. if there's a baby's cry, and 3. If a glass breaks. And in today's wedding two of them happened (baby cry, glass breaking)." What a turnaround! I wish I had more than 5 stars, because I want to give more than 5 stars to JKWE and would refer anyone I know to work with them for their wedding. Thanks again JKWE!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Steve S

We booked JK Wedding Events because we saw Jimmy MC at a friend's wedding and his singing alone made us think "we have to book this guy". While his singing was certainly great and entertaining, the details we didn't catch as audience members, we quickly appreciated upon booking... Read More JK Wedding Events. Jimmy met with us before the wedding and discussed what we might want along with how the makeup of our guests looked so he could give his input on how the wedding might flow. On the day of the wedding he clearly knew how to work the crowd and keep everyone engaged and having a good time (which was very evident from the view of the sweetheart table). We also had Yoomin as our coordinator and I have to say she was a godsend! We can't imagine trying to handle the wedding without her. She was on top of every detail and followed up with us whenever we were slacking. There were so many little things leading up to the wedding we hadn't even thought about and if she wasn't there, would have been lost. At the end of the wedding, the coordinator crew packed everything up for us and put them into our car so that we could just leave without worrying about anything. All the reviews rave about Jimmy (and rightfully so), but Yoomin and her other coordinators deserve equal praise. TLDR - Cannot recommend JK Wedding Events enough!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Tina C

I want to start out this review by saying.. YAY I'M MARRIED! I got married this past Saturday in the heart of DTLA and we hired Jimmy as our MC for the night. Before I get further into this review, I want to point out that I interviewed quite a few vendors before deciding to... Read More hire Jimmy. First off, I loved the aura Jimmy brought to the room. I had a list of questions I had for him and he answered them all without hesitation. I loved that JK Wedding Events not only had MCs, but also DJs, Photobooth and even bands! For our wedding we ended up hiring Jimmy as our MC, Swan as our DJ, and also rented a photobooth from them. Although wedding planning is hectic and stressful, Jimmy and his crew made it a lot easier for me to go through it. Jimmy and I texted often the past 6 months and updated each other on how the wedding process was going. It really helps that he replies within the day which helped me get a better idea of what types of songs, games, timeline etc I wanted in my wedding. He offered tips and advice which really helped a lot too. Although I have never met the DJ until the day of the wedding, Jimmy helped as the middle man by letting the DJ know the songs I wanted for the dance floor, grand entrance, ceremony, reception, etc. I also want to give a special shoutout to Patrick who was in charge of the photobooth. He was not only reliable and helpful with the photobooth but knew what was going on throughout the wedding well enough (since he was by the photobooth the whole time) that he actually helped assist our guests in which way to go for whatever that was going on, even tho it wasn't his job. It was like having another coordinator on site! We got so many compliments about Jimmy and his crew that I actually had to give his contact and name to a couple people who were interested since we had many people in our guests who are newly engaged / birthdays coming up / etc. I am really hoping to have another opportunity to hire JK Wedding Events or even see them at another event in the near future. Thank you, Jimmy, Swan, and Patrick! You guys really made my wedding the best day of my life! BTW, DID I MENTION JIMMY IS AN AWESOME SINGER????? HE SHOCKED THE WHOLE ROOM WHEN HE STARTED SINGING! EVERYONE LOVED IT!!! Don't waste your time into "shopping around" for MC/DJ/PHOTOBOOTH. Hire Jk wedding events today!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jon L

My wife and I just had our wedding a week ago with the one and only Jimmy as our MC and it was an incredible day. Like many other reviewers, we had a pretty evenly mixed Korean and English speaking crowd and Jimmy did a great job making sure everybody felt comfortable and had a... Read More good time - but regardless of what language you speak, you cannot go wrong with Jimmy and JK Wedding Entertainment. Jimmy was a pleasure to work with during the preparation phase of our wedding and made things SO easy even when wifey and I started to get overwhelmed. We had some pretty specific things we wanted in terms of music and timing and JK and his crew were on top of it and everything went off without a hitch. A few days before the wedding Jimmy even helped us put together a picture slide show that was going on during dinner! We have received so many compliments over the past few days about the wedding and about Jimmy our MC especially - Very good speaker with lots of positive energy, funny, and, it's true - a VERY talented singer! If this wedding entertainment thing doesn't work out Jimmy should record an album. All and all my wife and I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had Jimmy as our MC.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Michelle K

Strongly strongly recommend Jimmy and his crew for Wedding Ceremony & Reception. Jimmy and DJ Swan did AWESOME job at our wedding April 2017. We received so many compliments from our guests for our MC/DJ and what a fun night they had! We worried because we had mix of both Korean... Read More and American guests, but Jimmy made sure everyone was entertained and participated. Seriously, No need to look for other MC/DJ Vendor if you got Jimmy's and his crew's availability! Have a meeting with Jimmy and you'll know that You already feel comfortable and know you are in good hand. Also, we rented lights and Photobooth from JK, which made our wedding planning much easier. Thank you Jimmy for all your help!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Clara J

We hired JK for our wedding DJ/MC, lighting, slideshow, drapery, and wedding planning and JK turned my wedding into a magical one! Jimmy and Yoomin, our wedding planner were very professional and pleasant to work with. 1. Jimmy did a great job as a bilingual MC, which has to... Read More be a lot harder than it sounds. We had a lot of first-generation Koreans and Americans mixed among our guests and he catered to both constituencies very naturally. 2. He was an awesome singer! 3. The music selection was excellent. ALL the guests, without any exception, enjoyed the music. 4. The lighting (along with the flowers by Cityflowers) was beautiful. Thanks team JK for transforming my special day into a magical one!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jihee Y

We knew we wanted to hire Jimmy Koh and his team at JK Wedding Entertainment the very first time we met him at a friend's wedding. We were so impressed with his ability to facilitate the reception, communicate with a bilingual audience, and of course, sing (no joke, my matron of... Read More honor got physical goosebumps when he started singing at our wedding for the first time), we knew we had to have him. For our own wedding, Jimmy was extremely prompt and helpful throughout the planning process, and we were able to gain a lot of insight from his past experiences. We loved that he offered his opinions and suggestions, but didn't push us to format the reception in a certain way. Ultimately, we planned our reception to match our personalities (think: mellow dinner party), and Jimmy honored our wishes and made sure everything went smoothly. But based on other weddings we've attended that included Jimmy, we know he can also facilitate a great party too! We also wanted to briefly include that we also hired the jazz trio, who played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The beautiful way in which they played our ceremony songs definitely impressed us and our guests, and made our ceremony all the more special!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ray T

JK Entertainment deserves more than 5 stars. Very glad we hired him for our wedding in October 2016. Unfortunately he was already booked to MC another event, but he found us a great DJ and when we needed some other last minute services he stepped up and was able to help us.... Read More Jimmy is very responsive and helpful. You will be very glad you hired him for your wedding or other event!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016

Words can't express how thankful we are to have JK Entertainment at our wedding in California! Jimmy and Yoomin have been phenomenal in terms of making our special day even more magical. Jimmy the MC have wow'd all of our guests with his spectacular singing just before our grand... Read More entrance! Yoomin has been exceptional with all the planning as we could always count on her. Thank you so much! If you are looking for the best experience at your wedding, we highly recommend JK Wedding Entertainment.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Patrick S

JK Wedding Events was just absolutely perfect on our wedding night . From the coordination team, to the DJ and especially the MC, the night was perfect. Jimmy was extremely wonderful and able to control the room and the crowd and made it look so easy, fun and enjoyable. Yoomin... Read More and the team were on top of everything and nothing went wrong, everything worked perfectly. When you book with JK, you can rest assured that you are getting an extremely professional and fun team that will make your wedding day/night wonderfully special

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Christine K

Long review short, JK is experienced, very talented, amicable, and you will not regret having JK as your DJ/MC. Before leaving a longer review for JK, here's a brief background and concerns we had during our planning phase. Background: -Had about 4 months of planning... Read More -Planned for 80 guests that bloated to 140 (we forgot about plus ones) -"American style" wedding with Korean toppings here and there. Our concerns were: -Minimal participation during dance time. - That it's going to be a lame wedding. That being said, we desperately needed someone who's bilingual and JK was our first glimpse of hope that our wedding will be fun and memorable for everyone! First encounter: - JK was very respectful and easy to get along with. - Organized and detail oriented so nothing slips through the crack. - Most importantly he was engaged and excited to help us with our wedding. We definitely felt more comfortable and reassured after our meeting. Following our meeting, we communicated via email and he answered all our questions and requests very promptly. On the day of the wedding: - JK showed up early and everything was set up without problem. - Himself and his staff looked professional. - Worked professionally with other vendors. - All his equipments worked perfectly. - JK will sing. And most, if not all, of our guests mentioned about how amazing his singing was. - We had everyone, literally everyone, participate during the dance. I got to dance with my grandmother-in-law. We wanted our wedding to be fun not just for us, but for everyone. We don't know how, but JK made it happen. We could not have had a better wedding and we want to thank JK and his crew for making our wedding better than perfect.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016

My husband and I are SO SO thankful that Jimmy was our MC for our February wedding. He was AWESOME. Having Jimmy as our MC was honestly one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. Read on to find out why! -He's a GREAT singer: Yes, you may think it is weird that... Read More he sings but this is actually one of the greatest reasons why you should book him. When he sings, it really gets the crowd going because he is a truly talented singer. I guarantee you that your guests will not stop raving about him and his excellent singing. All my guests were so amazed at his singing and my father said that one of the main reasons why my wedding was good was because he was our MC and his amazing singing skills. -He's got the experience: He's been in the business for awhile and he's constantly booked, which means.. he absolutely knows what he is doing. Even when we met up with him to discuss some things before the actual wedding day, he was the one who came up with all the games. We told him previously that we would like a lot of games to be played and prizes to be given out so that our guests would have fun at the wedding. And they really did! They told me that there were no awkward silent moments and that Jimmy was very good at knowing when and how to speak to the crowd. -Bilingual: He speaks both Korean and English, which was a major requirement for our wedding. I wanted all guests to participate so he did a great job with integrating both languages so that everyone understands and feels like they are a part of the wedding. People say that the food and MC at your wedding either make or break your wedding. If you have Jimmy as your MC, you can put 100% trust that he will make your wedding truly a memorable, fun, and great experience for both you and your guests. Rest assured, your wedding will be awesome!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 June C

Our November wedding went beautifully and we owe it all to Jimmy! He took the time to meet with us and is patient, understanding, and knows how to give guidance especially when you're in the middle of wedding planning. He's prompt at responding which is extremely helpful. My... Read More husband and I received so many compliments from family and friends and they all loved that he sings live, we're still hearing compliments. If there's one piece of advice I'd give, I'd recommend going with an MC who is professional, courteous, and has experience. On your wedding day, the last thing you want to worry about is whether the MC and DJ know what they're doing. Jimmy makes sure the entire day goes without a hitch!

MADE MY DAY!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Eunice C

Jimmy called us via Facetime to have our consultation since we're out of state. He also sang a bunch of songs for us, and even some girls asked if he was single! Jimmy and his DJ made every request come true! Including giving the groomsmen a hard time during the garter toss!!

Jimmy is awesome!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Jen L

I've been to many weddings but never really like the MC's my friends chose so I was really picky when it came to picking one for my wedding. After searching and watching tons of youtube videos, I came across Jimmy Koh. First, the man can sing. Second, I asked my wedding... Read More planner and photographer and they both worked with him in the past and assured me that he is awesome. Jimmy met with us couple times before the wedding and was very detailed and so helpful in many ways. On the day of the wedding, everything was executed so perfectly and many of the guests asked me for his contact for their event. Our wedding was running behind due to the food being served an hour late but despite the delay, he guided us step by step in the order of the event and everything went so smoothly. He also sang our first dance song "fly me to the moon" and it was perfect. He also plays few games with the guest as an icebreaker and they had a blast. All the guest complimented on how fun our wedding was and I owe it all to Jimmy. I give him 2 thumbs up.

Best MC in Ktown!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 ellen c

I hired Jimmy for my bilingual korean wedding and he was the best! He is very professional and dependable, and he will be your best friend- he understands what brides go thru, and he will keep in touch with you (I contracted w/ him 6-7month before wedding) to make sure... Read More everything is going well and if I have any Qs/problems. No other wedding vendors will do this for you, I swear. One time, I just had a minor question, nothing urgent, and he was replying to me from his vacation in Hawaii. Thats some dedication. I didn't even hire a wedding coordinator - I had my site coordinator from my venue and between him and Jimmy, the whole day ran smoothly without a single glitch. He did way above and beyond what he was requied to do and I can't thank/compliment him enough. Not only that, he is an amazing singer and entertainer (his singing will blow you away), all my guests commented how fun the wedding was. If you're like me and looking for bilingual (korean/english) MC, definitely check him out!