JLBwedding

(105)

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF, MI

Distinctive, laid-back, no pressure photography

Distinctive, laid-back, no pressure photography. Candid and posed images. Specialized in tilt-shift photography, custom vintage coloring, and albums designed to your vision. Based in Metropolitan Detroit, available for events all over. We're same-sex friendly.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Detroit, Chicago, NYC, SF, MI

Believe the hype!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Rachelle R

JLB is the most talented photographer I've come across. My husband and I planned a small family wedding, the one thing I refused to sacrifice was a photographer. I searched the internet high and low and feel so fortunate to have come across JLB. We ultimately decided on a wedding date based on his availability and he did not disappoint. Every photo is outstanding and he couldn't have been more fun, nice or professional. He left our wedding at 11:30pm and by 1:00am there were already teaser photos online - I'm not sure how he does it! He seriously amazing and I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Jeffrey is the best!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 kendra k

Thank you Jeffrey for capturing my wedding in your amazing photos. You are an original and your work speaks for itself! My husband and I are honored to have worked with you. We chose not to have a videographer because we knew Jeffrey could capture and preserve our moments in his photos the way we'd like to remember them. We were right! We highly recommend Jeffrey. He is a consummate professional with a creative eye unlike any other. Thanks Jeffrey!!

JLB is the best!

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Ron G

Hands down one of, if not the best choice we made as far as our wedding goes. JLB was great in capturing what we were exactly looking for. Right from our first meeting, we were really comfortable with Jeff and what he wanted to capture for our wedding. He definitely listens to what his customers are looking for and makes sure he is a match with the couple. He really blended in during our wedding day and felt like one of the family. Last but not least, the pictures of course turned out great. We didn't know what to expect from the poses and angles he was making us do until we saw the prints. Thanks again for everything JLB!!!

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Veronica P

When it was time for me to start planning my wedding, I had no idea where to start. Since I plan weddings for a living, picking my vendors was going to be a challenge since I know and have worked with so many! However, once I started reaching out, my choice for JLB was an easy one. I absolutely loved his style of photography. When we met up for our engagement session, I was so nervous. Nervous I would look bad or funny, but he made all of that go away within the first 5 minutes. The next 2 hours were great (freezing, but the photos turned out wonderful!) Now fast forward 11 months to our wedding. I don't know what I would have done without him. He just has a way of working with the bride and groom. That tiny grin he'll get behind the camera to help you break into a genuine smile. Being totally understanding if the bride needs a moment to slow down and take in her surroundings. He was able to keep our staged 30 minute church photos moving, even when we had a hiccup with one of the bridesmaids. He made the day so easy - like he was a friend truly invested in our day. Within 24 hours I got a "sneak peak" which was over 40 photos. The perfect send off for our honeymoon. I then received all of the other photos within one week. Yes, ONE WEEK. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful and timely that is! I have brides who it takes over 3 months (yes, 3 MONTHS!) to get their wedding photos back. A week after I got home from our honeymoon, I received a box on my front door. A customized flash drive holder, a hard cover book with all images, and several printed images all packaged beautifully. It was the perfect surprise that day. JLB puts so much thought and effort into every single photo. He makes the day effortless and captures every single moment. I would suggest him to every bride and groom looking for a photographer who wants to capture their day. Who doesn't just do the "pinterest" photos - but actually puts creativity into your wedding photos and captures the true beauty of the day.

Best Photographer Money Can Buy

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Jessica W

I used him for both my engagement photos and wedding photos and couldn't be happier with the result. His photos are artistic and gorgeous and unlike every other wedding photographer you've seen. Unbelievable talent. Just as important- he's a great guy who will show up on time and make sure you get the shots you want and the shots you didn't know you wanted. He's one of the only vendors I had that never upset me during the entire wedding process. The quality is unmatched. If you can book him, do it now.

JLB is the BEST decision you will ever make (...in addition to your significant other)

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Kelly C

First and foremost: if you are reading this right now, the most important piece of advice I can provide you is to open a separate tab and contact Jeffrey immediately about your date and his availability…and then come back! All you need to do is read one or two reviews, and you’ll know that contacting Jeffrey will be the best decision you’ll ever make with respect to your wedding. It’s taken me so long to come and write a review because I’ve been trying to find the right words that truly describe Jeffrey. No words can come close to defining how amazing he is to work with…but trust that you too will be at a loss for words because you are in utter awe of his professionalism and artistic views. It’s been 3 months since our wedding at the DAC and people are still talking about how impressed they were with Jeffrey; those who were in the wedding party, attended the wedding, simply just viewed the pictures from the day. From the minute you are fortunate enough to confirm Jeff for your day, he’s available to answer any questions you may have (I’m convinced he doesn’t sleep) & is so diligent about understanding exactly what you are looking for leading up to the big day…that when the day arrives, you just have to worry about smiling, laughing with your significant other, and finding a glass of champagne. Because the material you will receive after your wedding aren’t just “pictures”, but rather a mesmerizing novel of such a significant part of your life that you’ll hold dearly for years and years to come.

Memorable photos that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Rachael M

We worked with Jeff in June 2014 for our engagement photos. We were really excited about having a beautiful, warm and sunny day to walk around to some of our favorite places in Chicago. Unfortunately, the weather didn't get the memo and the forecast looked like it was going to downpour the whole day. Jeff and I talked on the phone the night before and we both decided that no matter what the weather we were going to make the best of it. The day came and low and behold, the rain was coming at us full force. But we were determined to make the best of it - even though I was pretty upset. We braved the weather, and along the way we were finding really interesting places to take photos that were at least a little bit out of the rain. The last location of the day was a rooftop with one of the most spectacular views overlooking the city. We decided that when we got up there, we would lose the umbrella and face the rain head on. So there we are, 25 stories high, strong winds blowing at us and cold rain soaking us to the bone. It was extremely scary. Later that night I was checking my email and I saw one from Jeff. He said that he couldn't wait to see the photographs and wanted to send us a preview of one of the rooftop shots he got. It was one of the most stunning photographs I have ever seen, the rain and clouds made it look like a fantasy! While the rain was an unfortunate element, it truly made our engagement photographs so unique and I'm so glad that Jeff - a true professional - calmed my nerves about it. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had and wouldn't change a thing about that day. My wedding is in May 2015 and we are of course using Jeff for that as well. I can't wait to see how those turn out!

If you don't think he's the best I will fight you.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Eric K

Look...I'm not going to get all frilly and mushy about how Jeff captured every moment of our day and made both my wife and I look like a million bucks. But know that he did. If you care about your wedding photography, book this man. No it's not cheap...but neither is that dress you're going to wear. Once. Jeff isn't the type of photographer who will "recreate that ah-mazing pic you found on Pinterest". Go book that photographer if that's what you're about. He does however figure out what's important to you guys, and takes time to make sure you feel 100% comfortable/awesome. If you want run of the mill, discounted wedding photos...it's super easy to find a putz with a camera and flash. But if you want real, honest artistry...JLB is it. You're welcome.

Best Day of Our Lives Captured By JLBWedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Ashley D

Jeffrey was absolutely amazing on our wedding day. He had done our engagement photos which I loved, but really blew us away on our wedding day. He kept me calm, knew what to do, where to always be to get every shot possible. He even helped button my dress when we needed some help! He was easy going and fun- and handled our bridal party so well. We had so much fun and can't thank him enough for being a part of our day. I would HIGHLY recommend him and there is no question his work is THE BEST. I love the photos I have seen and can't wait to see the rest. I am so thankful he was able to capture these beautiful moments that we can look back on for the rest of our lives. It was truly the best day and JLB Captured it perfectly.

Breathtaking Wedding Photography!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jennifer D

We originally found Jeff through the knot.com and after seeing his gorgeous photos and unique style I knew we needed to book him! We had our engagement photos with him first in February in - 20F weather!!! Jeff made us feel instantly comfortable in front of the camera and we got so many incredible shots despite our numb digits and rosy cheeks. Our wedding day was no different. Having him there was comforting, like seeing an old friend. He was present when needed and slipped into the background when needed too. He was even able to direct our large families for multiple photos in 15 minutes flat! But there are 3 reasons why everyone should hire Jeff. #1 His professionalism and quality of product. #2 His artistic talent and vision. #3 You will have so many stunning photos you will need more wall space to hang them all!!! Thanks Jeff!

JLB is phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Van Thomas M

You know you've hired the perfect photographer when all of your guests are raving about him before your evening has even completed. The next morning, our teaser photos were posted and my husband and I could not have been more pleased. Each photo we viewed brought tears to our eyes, as we knew then we now had the most wonderful photographs to remember our special day by. This is even more incredible as we challenged Jeff from the very beginning, stating (rightfully so) we were not the most photogenic couple. Jeff is truly an artist and a great professional. Specifically while taking us through more urban parts of downtown Detroit; we felt both comfortable and proud of our love for each other as Jeff joked with us and put our worries to ease. He pays attention to every small detail. This may not seem important until it is YOUR wedding and your memories. He brought extra water and even offered us a zone bar when I mentioned my husbands blood sugar during our pre-wedding shoot. These details carry through to the packaging your zip drive and thumbnail album arrive in (perfection) as well as nice emails like, "watch your mail, a package should be arriving soon!" Don't hesitant to hire Jeff for any of your photographic needs, his work and professionalism will far exceed your expectations.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Danielle S

I found JLB Wedding by asking for recommendations from friends. One of our groomsmen has a friend who is a photographer and he recommended that we reach out to Jeffery! I have to admit I was hesitant due to the cost, but after weeks of searching I realized that I compared the style of each photographer I saw to JLB. I finally bit the bullet and called and was overwhelmed by a sense of calm taking to Jeffery about our vision for our wedding. He just gets it. From understanding our theme, to offering up ideas for creative photos, to being patient and kind the day of, Jeffery is a true professional and artist. He took our wedding and elevated it to the next level! I cannot thank him enough for the incredibly beautiful photos and for capturing memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Beautiful Art, Wonderful Experience.

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Mandy M

My husband and I worked with Jeffrey for our engagement and wedding photos. We wanted to work with him because we wanted works if art, not your typical wedding photos. I had no idea he would be so much fun to work with. He is very laid back yet organized. He is fun and even our guests commented in how personable and professional he is. He is able to go with the crazy flow of a wedding day and capture it's spirit. The ONLY downside to working with him is that you will have too many amazing pictures at the end if the day to choose from. Seriously, we've run out of wall space. I highly recommend working with Jeffrey if you want amazing works of art depicting your wedding celebration. You won't be disappointed.

Amazing engagement photos

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Mandy C

I saw JLB's work featured in a publication and immediately knew I wanted to have him take our engagement photos. Based on what I had seen of his work, my expectations were high, but he managed to exceed them. We had a few key locations that we wanted to shoot at, and he managed the time so well that we were able to hit a couple extra spots. He has an amazing perspective and did such a great job of posing us and composing the pictures. He shared the pictures with us within a couple days, and the animated GIFs are a fun bonus. We have received tons of compliments and we love how the photos are so unique and capture some of our favorite locations in an artistic way.

The best investment

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Samantha M

I found JLB while searching through TheKnot's local vendors and was instantly obsessed. His photographs are so unique and artistic and fun - exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We were planning to get married in Skaneateles, NY so my first step was to concoct a very lengthy email persuading (begging) JLB to photograph our wedding. THANK GOD he said yes :) We also did an engagement session with JLB which made me even more excited to have him at our wedding. The pictures turned out AMAZING! His photographs are unique and priceless, by far the best investment we made. Now I just need to re-marry my husband every so often so I have an excuse to hire JLB again and again!

From a Tiny Gasp to Breathtaking Memories

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 pam f

My daughter came across the JLB Wedding website and immediately fell in love. Since she lives out of the country, I was charged with doing the research for her upcoming wedding. As we old folks tend to do, I went directly to the “Pricing” information. Here is where I had that tiny involuntary gasp. But wait! Then, I proceeded to the photos. The artistry in those photos is unmatched! As I did more checking, I found that JLB pricing is quite reasonable, but the photography is priceless. I do not know of any other photographer that captures so many perfect moments. There are many very good photographers in our area, but JLB is phenomenal. He is a true artist. Working with Jeff was so easy. He had us fill out forms in advance so he knew about all of those “special” shots to take. I imagine if one wanted some crazy picture of the undercarriage of the limo, JLB would do it. Plus he would do it in an amazing and creative way! We didn’t have any unusual requests, but Jeff has a certain intuition and perspective for those special moments that will become favorite memories. We also appreciated how unobtrusive he was. At other events, I have watched overbearing, intrusive photographers ordering people about and staging awkward scenes. Jeffrey is stealth-like. I do not have the words to describe the stunning photos we had to choose from. He gave us a wide range from whimsical to serious to romantic and the result is a spectacular cutting-edge collection. Best of all, we got a peek at some special photos almost immediately. His turn-around time is great for even the most impatient. If you are looking for photography that is both unique and artistic done by an affable and easy-going craftsman, you need to talk to Jeffrey Lewis Bennett. Your results will be breathtaking.

The best! Look no further!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jasen S

This guy is a true artist and captured our wedding better than we could have ever expected. If you are looking for a true artist to capture your day, have your pictures stand out, and be better than any you've ever seen before, then look no further. He is also a blast to work with. He knows how to get the best shots and does it quick. He has a great sense of humor and makes you feel very comfortable the whole day. He also truly listens to what shots you want to accomplish and he makes it happen. You dont need a plan with him, just pick a area you like and show up and he will lead you to amazing shots and help you have a great time while you do it. We did both a engagement session and a full day of photos at our wedding and I highly reccommend you do the same! Worth every penny although jeffrey is very reasonably priced considering how superior his work is. Do both and keep him around for the whole day. You wont regret it! Stop reading this review and book him before someone else gets your date! Cheers! Best in the biz.

Jeffrey rocks!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 christine f

Jeffrey is the man!!! My fiance and I couldn't be happier with our NY Story Session/Engagement Shoot. He did a phenomenal job making us feel relaxed and capturing amazing, artistic shots! We had such a blast the entire time! Jeffrey is super professional and really talented at what he does. We had a few uncontrollable obstacles, i.e, subway delays and getting locked in at Central Park, and Jeffrey was super calm and quick at problem-solving. We had to climb a fence, and it was not easy in a dress but we all did it with smiles on our faces. And wow, does he know how to hustle! Because of the subway delays, we were running through the park to catch the sunset and he can run even with all of his heavy equipment! If you want memorable photos that stand out from all the typical engagement photos, go with Jeffrey! Everyone loved our photos and cannot stop commenting on how beautiful they are! Thank you Jeffrey for being so down-to-earth, easy to work with, and talented! Because of you, Michael and I will have photos that we'll cherish throughout our lives.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014

I found Jeffrey online and fell in love with his pictures. The moments he captured blew me away! After, meeting with Jeffrey, I knew I made the right choice! He has so much knowledge and passion for what he does and it shows! He was amazing to work with and captured so many amazing pictures! My favorite part of the pictures is that they truly tell the story of the love between my husband and I and more importantly our special day. I couldn't be happier!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 christa c

Jeffrey was fantastic! He is an incredibly talented photographer, all of the photos felt natural and encapsulated the energy of the day perfectly. He was super friendly, down to earth and a REALLY happy guy. We felt so comfortable around him (I am super camera shy). He managed to get the most intimate photos of our ceremony without us even knowing he was there. He never missed a beat. He was able to pull us aside for a sunset photo and the most awesome sparkler vineyard shot. I honestly can not recommend Jeffrey enough. Did I mention he makes amazing animated gifs as well? They are magical.

Creative Photographer

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lindsay L

Jeffrey is truly an artist. There are many great photographers, but Jeffrey is in a league of his own. He makes it a point to get to know each of his couples in order to tell their unique love story through his photos. We truly loved the unique perspective he captured on our special day. Simply the best!

JLB best in the game!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Erica M

Jeff of JLB Wedding is hands down the most incredible photographer in the game. Not only is he extremely easy (fun!) to work with, he is very professional. His ability to capture the true essence of a couple is a real gift. Jeff shot our engagement photos in July, and not only did we receive them super fast, we were overwhelmed with by the quality, the beauty, and his artistry. We had never seen photos like them, and that was a consistent comment we received from families and friends. "They look like they belong on the cover of a magazine", was a popular comment we received. To top it off, the GIF he was able to create blew us away. His style is impeccable, and he is on the cutting edge of techniques that make each individual session very unique. This is not your typical photographer. If you are looking for photos that will capture your special moments and last you a lifetime, Jeff is your guy. If you are even questioning hiring him, pick up the phone and call him now. It will be the best decision you have ever made.

Unique and creative pictures with so many cool tricks!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Piyada U

I was looking for an engagement photographer but I was tired of the usual cliche pictures. After I saw my friend's story session in NYC, I fell in love with Jeff's creative style and convinced my fiancé to book him for our shoot in NYC despite the fact that there are many options here. To me, his work stood out because he uses many different kinds of lens i.e. Portrait, wide angle, and even tilt shift! This made the pictures so interesting and not boring. He also has so many cool tricks including different color filters, sparkler shots, and his signature gif pictures which were featured in so many blogs. When we actually got to work with him, we were even more impressed by personality and his willingness to go above and beyond. He always smiled, was so flexible and easy going, and made us feel so comfortable during the shoot. He did his homework on the locations, picked all the right spots, and guided us to pose naturally. By the end of the shoot, both my fiancé (who usually doesn't care about taking pictures that much) and I had so much fun and it's clear to us that Jeff really loves what he does. After finishing the shoot at almost 9pm, we got a teaser for our pictures right away! We couldn't be more happy with the outcome and would highly recommend him to anyone!

OUT OF THS WORLD

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Lizzie M

Jeffrey is the absolute best. No question about it. If you are reading this, you are probably an over thinker like myself because his photos speak for themselves. They are unlike any wedding photos I have seen, so unique, so creative. But what you don't see in his photos is the experience you have with Jeffrey on the most important day of your life, your wedding day. You don't get to see his calming nature and swift ability to capture every precious moment and detail. Let's just say that our experience was equally as phenomenal as his photos are! Jeffrey is calm, creative, and simply amazing at his craft. He knows exactly what to say and do. I would venture to call him a genius in his arena.. truly mastering his art. Our sneak peak was posted the very next morning, allowing my family to gather around the computer and gasp at the greatness of them. My grandfather who does not have internet at his home was able to sit with me and examine how precious the day was. This is uncharacteristic of wedding photographers. I got chills from head to toe looking at our animated photo a few days later. It is priceless and perfect to us. As was our entire experience with Jeffrey. Chris and I have not been able to stop talking about how claiming and talented he is. My jitters went out the window and we were both in awe of his ability to do the job singlehandedly. I could go on for days about our experience and how thankful and grateful we are for Jeffrey being apart of our day. He was the absolute best choice we made in this entire wedding planning process. In fact, in our eyes, he is the only photographer we would have wanted. Anyone else would have paled in comparison. He is truly in a league of his own - with talent that is exponential. We are so thankful to rank among the lucky people who have gotten the chance to work with him. It was an absolute privilege. Worth every single penny. Save money on something else....trust me!!!!

Amazing pictures, great to work with!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Lisa V

It was great working with JLB! On our wedding day, he was organized, relaxed, and we received multiple compliments from the bridal party about how much they enjoyed working with him. He was both accommodating and had so many great ideas throughout the day. He had an amazing creative eye, which produced some awesome pictures. He posted our teaser pictures the day after our wedding and we had the online gallery by the end of the week. We are so happy with our pictures, as they look amazing. We highly recommend JLB!

Send Email