Telling stories of ordinary love and life

Joanna Sue Photography aims to tell the love story that is there. We do our best to not invent poses or scenarios, but to document and capture what naturally comes out of your wedding day. Just as each couple is individual and unique so are weddings, and we aim to highlight each wedding's unique and beautiful personality. Our goal is that your pictures portray your story accurately and aesthetically. We are flexible in working with each client to achieving exactly what they need and are open to tailoring packages to each individual.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

South East and North East Coast and beyond! (920) 747-0026

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Ashley P

I wish there were enough words to explain how INCREDIBLE Joanna and Jesse are. Not only were they great about communicating everything from before the wedding but the day of and after when delivering the pictures. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Joanna and her... Read More husband made everyone feel so at ease (especially our daughter) and made us feel like we're family. Also, THE PICTURES. Y'all, she captured pictures that I could only dream of. Those dreams became reality when I received my pictures. She was also so quick about getting them back to us which was great because I was itching to see them! I really can't say enough good things about them. (They even made my husband cry when he saw the pictures and he's definitely not a crier.) If I could give any advice to a bride it would be to book Joanna and Jesse. They are the absolute best!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Vanessa K

Joanna Sue Photography was such a blessing to work with. She came prepared and was completely at ease. The photographs were absolutely stunning and breath-taking. I chose Joanna because lighting is super important to me and I could tell from her gallery how much she took care... Read More to make use of it in every setting. Joanna was incredibly patient and knew how to guide the poses of the groom and I. I loved looking at the angles, the portraits, everything! Joanna is incredibly talented and creative. She made every shot count. I will be looking at my photos every year and years to come. The pictures were timeless and I will treasure them for a long time. A+ Professionalism A+ Creativity A+ Team Work A+ Cost

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Hayley D

You will be 110% satisfied if you decide to hire Joanna for your engagement photos or wedding photos. She did both for me and I CANNOT STOP looking at my amazing pictures. Besides having impeccable style and taste in her work, she is so diligent and professional on the day of... Read More that she could probably double as a wedding coordinator! I really cant say enough nice things about her - she is a slam dunk in my book and you will be so happy to have her, on your big day, documenting one of the most important moments of your life.

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Lily K

Joanna was so awesome to work with and made sure that all the pictures we wanted to take were taken. Her work is beautiful and I definitely recommend her to anyone around the Raleigh area.

Reviewed on 12/25/2017 katie r

Joanna was just incredible as our wedding photographer. It was such a wonderful experience working along side her. She is one of those people that you feel you’ve known your whole life within the first few minutes of talking to her. Our engagement session was a blast and our... Read More photos of both the engagement and wedding could not have been any better. She brings a definite talent and gift to her work, and her creativity is undeniable! Joanna’s second shooter, her husband Jesse, was also completely awesome according to my hubby! They had a great time hanging out and taking pictures on wedding day too! We are so excited to have met these two, I couldn’t have asked for any better of an experience. We will def be keeping her as a family photographer for other events, and hopefully as a newfound friend in Raleigh! Book this girl Y’all you won’t regret it :)

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Emma K

My fiancé and I loved working with Joanna for our engagement photo session. She was fun yet professional and made us feel perfectly at ease! Thanks Joanna! We love our photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jane N

Joanna is an incredible photographer -- I can't recommend her highly enough! We didn't have a chance to officially meet in advance of the wedding day because we live in DC and were planning remotely, and she somehow captured every photo we wanted and even scoped out amazing... Read More photo locations near our venue ahead of time. She was super flexible and made us feel very comfortable! I highly recommend her and am so thankful she was our photographer! We LOVE our photos!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Grace W

Joanna and Jesse were great at our wedding! They put us at ease in front of the camera and are such a pleasure to be around. We are thrilled with how our photos turned out!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Nicole H

Joanna from day 1 of meeting her made us feel so comfortable and felt like a long time friend. With a photographer this is so important to be able to get natural looking pictures. She captured the details and lighting and everything else about our wedding so beautifully!!! We... Read More couldn't have been happier and we feel like we gained a friend. We were so lucky to have met Joanna!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Ashley W

I looked through countless photography portfolios, and Joanna’s stood out to me the most. My sister is an artist, so I asked her to look at a few top contenders just to be sure, and Joanna was the clear winner. Not only is her photography beautiful, but she has a unique gift... Read More of capturing the emotion of the day. Our engagement session was so much fun! We went back to the place where we had our first date. Joanna even asked the restaurant where we have had anniversary dates if we could use their patio to take pictures, and those are some of our favorites. We ended up having our rehearsal dinner there and displaying a canvas print of one of those pictures. Joanna was a rock star on our wedding day! She was professional, personable, and incredibly efficient. She took so many gorgeous detail shots while we were getting ready, and she was unobtrusive during the ceremony and still captured it beautifully. The family and wedding party portraits were done quickly and still looked amazing. We only had an hour for pictures after the wedding ceremony, but she made it feel like plenty of time. We have so many gorgeous bride and groom portraits in multiple locations. She captured so many little moments that I missed with her candid pictures, and she even organized our send-off at the end of the day. On top of all that, she’s the kind of person you would want as your friend. I’d highly recommend her to anyone, and we’ll definitely use her for any future photography needs.

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Hailey E

Not only are Joanna and Jesse talented, but they are also incredibly thoughtful and excellent with communication. Joanna made sure everyone was on the same page prior to wedding to ensure that every important moment to us would be captured. She took extra steps to make sure she... Read More was prepared for our wedding day and that any lighting issues, timing issues, etc. would be handled and/or avoided all together -- she is very careful and detailed in her planning. On our wedding day, Joanna and Jesse were timely and attentive, they took liberty to capture candid, beautiful moments while also ensuring we got every photo on our "shot list". They are a friendly, reliable and accommodating duo that makes you feel 100% comfortable on your day. Not once were we worried about our photos or their judgement on what would look best. They are a joy to work with and so reasonably priced for the services and investment they provide -- they are truly passionate about their work. So far I have seen a few of our photos, which are breathtaking, and can't wait to see the rest!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Angela H

We are so grateful to Joanna Sue Photography for capturing all of our wedding day photos! Joanna and her husband Jesse were AWESOME to work with & made taking those "awkward" pictures extremely easy, fun and effortless to do. Joanna is so professional and she makes you feel so... Read More comfortable throughout the entire process. We can't thank you enough and will cherish those pictures for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Rebecca S

Wow. We'll I only have 3500 characters to express how much I loved having Joanna and Jesse with us on our wedding day to capture everything. Joanna was very flexible in working with me. She is great at communication which is a huge plus with wedding vendors. She gave direction... Read More very well in the stressful environment of trying to get two large families together for pictures. When I received my wedding photos back I was in awe. They looked like they were straight from a wedding magazine. I could tell that each image had a purpose and a vision. She and her husband weren't just walking around snapping pictures. Their effort to capture my day for what is was truly shined through their work. Looking through the photos I was able to completely relive my day and experience all the little moments that just flew by so fast. The light, the positioning, the editing, the creativity, the quality, all of it was just everything I have ever wanted for my wedding pictures. They pay so much attention to detail. I would HIGHLY recommend Joanna to anyone! Joanna is always willing to step out of her comfort zone and try new things and adjust to a couple's "style" which is so awesome and ensures that your pictures will truly be unique! The Shugart's LOVE Joanna Sue Photography!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Taylor S

Every bride wants to feel special and know that everything is taken care of on her wedding day, Joanna did just that ... and more! I, as the bride, felt cared for and I also knew she was on top of it! Every picture I could want or dream of, she got. After my wedding, scrolling... Read More through our pictures, we were able to relive or beautifully captured wedding. And it was stunning!! Joanna and Jesse work great as a team! My husband, Tyler, shared that Jesse made him and his groomsmen feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. I highly recommend Joanna, she we will work with you, and do the most high quality work. It's better than Pinterest y'all!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Maggie B

Joanna was the easiest and most stress free part of my wedding. She helped me feel beautiful in all the photographs when I normally hate every picture of me. Joanna met with us before the wedding to make sure she understood exactly what we wanted. The day of she showed up early... Read More and did everything perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone who wants an incredible photographer to capture his or her day. She also edited our photos quicker than I expected and all of them were incredible. We are still amazed with how wonderful she was! Almost two years later her photos still cover our walls and we still recommend her to everyone in the area. She is as good as it gets folks!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Russ B

Joanna always goes above and beyond for my family portraits. Not only is the quality of her work exceptional, but her presence during photoshoots is incredibly friendly and peaceful. Her demeanor has a way of creating a fun environment for our family pictures. I cannot recommend... Read More Joanna enough. She is just fabulous!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Jensen B

Joanna Was an AMAZING photographer. She took my engagement and wedding photos and they couldn't have been more perfect! She was sweet and professional. She made sure to capture every shot I wanted. And she even delivered them to us on a personalized USB with my favorite picture... Read More as the background. I would HIGHLY recommend calling her to capture any of your special moments!

Joanna Pacchioli

Hey there! I’m a 23-year-old freckled-nosed red head, married to the best second shooter a girl could ask for, and if my face isn't behind a camera, its in a cup of coffee. I graduated with an English major in 2014, and I love books, long ones that smell old and inviting. Regardless of the genre or era, I really like stories – reading , writing and watching them. I think that is why I love wedding photography, because I get to do just that. I get to honestly document your story, expresses your unique personality and understands your meaningful relationships. So let's tell a story.