Do you want live music and a DJ?

Do you want live music and a DJ? With Joe you can have both! Joe offers Live Ceremony and Cocktail hour music in addition to his complete DJ/EmCee Services. Why pay extra when Joe can do it all as part of his exclusive wedding package. Currently Serving all of New England & the entire state of FL

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Music

Saint Petersburg, FL (207) 318-4547

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Jennifer B

Hiring Joe was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. He's not only an amazing DJ, but a talented singer and guitar/keyboard player as well. We loved that we didn't have to decide between a DJ and live music- with Joe you get both! We had people of all ages at our... Read More wedding, and Joe did a great job of playing music that appealed to everyone. He really read the crowd and got everyone up dancing and having a great time. He arrived early to set everything up and my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing sound/music-wise the whole night. We highly recommend Joe Farren!

Amazing DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Marie L

I cannot begin to sum up how impressed I was with Joe Farren!!! In my opinion, a DJ/band can make or break the wedding experience. Joe ROCKED it and elevated it to a whole new level. He came in before our ceremony, and took the time to set up on the beach so that my... Read More grandfather (officiant) could be miked up and so that my talented friend could sing me down the aisle. He then provided light guitar during the ceremony for ambiance during dead air (my grandpa looking for his place lol) After the ceremony, he set up in the backyard where the cocktail hour/reception were held and provided live music. His voice and song choices were AMAZING. It created such a classy yet fun and unique ambiance. Once dinner was over, he cranked it up and provided some terrific tunes that literally EVERYONE was feeling and he kept that dance floor hopping ALL night. I can't even express how wonderful he was in words. He helped me navigate when to announce the wedding party, when i should have a first + father/daughter dance, when people generally toss the bouquet, etc. Joe helped us create an unforgettable night, and for that, I cannot recommend him highly enough!! Marie & Ryan - 4/11/2015

Memorable Music

Reviewed on 2/21/2014

Joe Farren not only played prerecorded music, he played his piano and sang! My husband surprised me with a beautiful song during our ceremony. Joe learned the song and accompanied himself on his piano while he sang. It was beautiful. He also worked with a friend of mine to... Read More accompany her while she sang, "At Last". Joe is professional, easy going, flexible and talented. He helped make our wedding day memorable.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Anicia N

Joe is very versatile! He played beautiful music and brought the atmosphere to life! He also has a great soothing voice which serenaded all my guests. As the DJ, he got the party going with a mixture of dance songs, playing something for everybody. He was a great addition to our... Read More wedding!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Abby M

Joe Farren provides it all! Live music, DJ, and an easy-going Emcee to keep your wedding reception flowing!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Nicola D

WE DIDN'T STOP DANCING ALL NIGHT!!!!... best day of our lives :) Joe was so so great to work with, from beginning to end. Joe was easy to talk to, had great suggestions in the lead up to the wedding and responded straight away to anything I asked. Joe followed all of the... Read More special requests for songs & live music we asked for. We can't say enough good things... he kept the guests happy with amazing music all night long. He's super talented, professional & friendly musician, he played the guitar and live music as our guests arrived for the ceremony, throughout the cocktail hour, dinner, and turned into our D.J for the night... we had a blast, and would highly recommend Joe for your special day !!! Joe had fun with us, and kept the vibe of a laid back beach wedding we dreamed of, which is exactly what we wanted.... Thank you JOE FARREN !

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Nicole C

If you are looking for someone that can do everything, play piano, acoustics and sing and DJ then you definitely need to hire Joe! He was amazing, all of our guests are still talking about how amazing and versatile he was at our wedding! Joe was so great to work with before... Read More wedding day and at the wedding with all the song requests for our guests. Joe did a great job and kept everyone on the dance floor just like we wanted. You definitely need Joe at your wedding!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Jamie L

Joe did a great job keeping our dance floor rocking! Couldn't be happier with his services and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

From the first contact through each interaction he was responsive and anticipated our needs. He got not just our guests but the venue staff dancing! What a talent and total professional - everything we could have hoped for - THANK YOU JOE!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Erica Millett M

Joe is amazing!!!! As soon as I spoke with Joe on the phone before we booked him, I knew I would not have to worry about our choice. From day 1 he was organized, professional, and fun. He has a wonderful packet that helped us, from a Bride and Groom stand point, know what was... Read More expected of us to make our music a reflection of what we wanted. He is an insanely talented musician. My husband and I couldn't decide on one song for our first dance and Joe was able to mash two songs together, sing it live, all while we did a choreographed dance routine. Did I mention I told him this this week before the wedding? Joe didn't miss a beat. He sang, played piano and guitar during cocktail hour and dinner and then switched to a master DJ for dancing! He respected our do not play list and read the crowd perfectly. He can also provide up-lighting which provided a romantic touch to the room. Honestly I can't say enough good about Joe. He is the exact type of personality your want running your wedding. Joe is a class act and the best of both worlds when it comes to live music and DJ. We could not have been happier and so many guests commented on how much they enjoyed him. If you are on the fence, don't be...Joe is a hidden gem and we would choose him over and over again! :)

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Caroline T

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Joe. He helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. I had such a vision for my wedding ceremony and reception, and it was something I was so passionate about. Joe made legitimately all of my visions come true, and then... Read More some. During wedding planning he was always so available and flexible. He answered all of my questions in a timely matter and let me change my song choices so many times, without a fuss. Before the wedding he called to touch base and make sure everything was all in order and that he was pronouncing everyone's names right. The ceremony music was straight out of my dream and he kept our guests dancing legitimately the entire night, honoring all of our special requests. Joe is a terrific musician and D.J. and I would book him again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Catie W

I was recently married on the Beach in Longboat Key, Florida. Following the ceremony was a reception scheduled on the patio of a nearby restaurant. The day of my wedding, a tropical storm decided to grace us with its presence. We continued "business as usual"..... Joe Farren... Read More arrived and was willing to set up anywhere we want. When I told him business as usual, he was game! The ceremony began and Joe played the acoustic guitar beautifully. During the ceremony dark clouds rolled over us fast and the rain began quickly!!! I yelled "RUN" and everyone took off into the house. Joe was a rock star... He grabbed his equipment, ran to the house, dried off and ended our ceremony playing "All You Need is Love" while the guest list of 35 sang along! Joe then patiently waited on us while we ate dinner and ended the evening with a mix of acoustic- singing and dance music. He again was originally supposed to play on the patio, but went with the flow of the tropical storm and set up in the restaurant. I would highly recommend Joe to any bride or event! He is professional and as laid back as you need him to be! Thanks Joe! I might just have to plan a party in Florida again to have him play!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Andrew L

Through some internet surfing for a guitarist for our ceremony, we stumbled upon Joe Farren. After some quick and prompt communications with Joe, he explained he also DJ as well. Joe turned out to be an amazing value but also superbly talented, hard-working vendor at our... Read More wedding. He has multiple pieces of equipment that was able to accommodate our demanding workload. He played beautiful acoustic guitar for our ceremony and then moved to a different location for cocktail hour and then finally to the ballroom for the dinner reception to DJ the rest of the evening. We had a small intimate wedding of under 40 from young to old but Joe managed to get all our guests up on their feet dancing and having an amazing time! Honestly, Joe was the hardest working vendor all night. We can’t thank you enough, Joe. You made our wedding literally rock!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

I hosted my parent's 50th wedding anniversary at my house and Joe was perfect. His combination of live music and dj music was perfect. He was also able to span over decades of fabulous music and appeal to guests of all ages! As a bonus...he just an overall super guy that you... Read More would invite to your party if you knew him! We would 100% use him again.

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Maria S

Joe was great! He is super nice, and professional. The communication throughout the entire planning process was remarkable. He is a pleasure to have around on such special, busy occasion. He acknowledged all of my request, and made music changes during the night of to try to... Read More make my guest more lively and fun. He himself is soft spoken, not a loud 'club' scene type of DJ, but still delivered a fun, quality time to a mix of ages and cultures at my wedding. I was very happy with the quality of his equipment, and way he delivered the music. He even help my groom and I make a medley of 3 songs for our First Dance :). Also, he's funny and gives off a 'genuine guy' type of feeling. I recommend!

More than a DJ

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Malory O

We had Joe recently as our DJ but he also played piano at the ceremony and played guitar and sang during the cocktail hour. He is very talented and many of our guests commented on how great he was. He helped bring the laid back, fun vibe I wanted to the entire wedding. At... Read More the dance, he felt out the crowd and I think the dance floor was full the entire night. I highly recommend Joe! He is really great and you really get a lot for your money.

Perfect Choice!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Kirstin C

We were extremely satisfied with hiring Joe Farren for our wedding. He played live for the wedding and cocktail hour and provided dj services for the remainder of the reception. He played everything we wanted and stayed true to my list of songs I didn't want played. If you... Read More are looking for a non cheesy dj and musician to do your wedding and reception he is a great choice.

Joe Farren is an awesome entertainer for your Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Right from the start Joe was very easy going and professional. He is very talented, as he a professional musician who writes and records is own music. I was referred to him by a co-worker who spoke very highly of him and she was referred to him as well by a friend who sung his... Read More praises. Not only is he cool and just easy to work with and has an excellent price point for his services and he is able to perform live for you in addition to DJ. The option to have a live performer who also DJs and is not the price of having a full band was so amazing and truly added a wonderful and unique experience for our Wedding Day! My husband and I along with my guests loved him and highly recommend him!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Joe Farren was EXCELLENT! He went above and beyond to make my wedding a spectacular! He was very accommodating when we told him the ceremony was on a boat and made everything perfect. I would highly recommend him to play on anyone's big day!

Joe is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Amanda C

Joe was perfect!! We just had our wedding at the MFA in St. Pete, and the crowd loved him! He did live music for our cocktail hour and then a combo of DJ'ing MP3s and live music for our reception. The entire evening was flawless. I will be recommending Joe to everyone I... Read More know, and will exclusively use him for anything I have in the future!! :)

Great DJ and musician

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

Joe was great during the ceremony because he can play the keyboard. Then during the cocktail hour he sang and played guitar while our guests were getting drinks out on the porch. He kept the party going after the buffet dinner with his DJing. lots of people on the dance floor.... Read More It was great! I highly recommend.

Wedding Event

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Joe Farren is the best!!! He is very easy to work with. He offered us many choices of music and worked with us to choose the perfect songs for all aspects of our wedding. Joe is multi-talented plays guitar and keyboard along with being a wonderful DJ during the wedding and... Read More reception. He even sang a duo with our family member who had practiced with him prior to the wedding. I highly recommend Joe Farren for any type of event. He is professional, talented and will definitely make your event memorable. I had many comments from my wedding guests on how they enjoyed his music

Joe is an all-in-one Performer AND DJ!!!

Reviewed on 4/16/2015

Joe was referred to my husband and I by our photographer who had just worked a wedding with him the night before we met her. Upon contacting him he was very responsive, warm, friendly, and accommodating. Joe offers such a unique service with live performance of guitar/keyboard... Read More and DJ services. He allowed my husband and I to provide specific songs/genres we wanted to use during our wedding and he also respected our wishes about music choices we didn't care to have played. Joe worked so well with our vendors; helping our photographer to call upon guests for photos, making announcements, etc. and he does so in manor that is not obnoxious whatsoever. All of our guests have been raving to us non-stop about how great of a job Joe did and we completely agree; we could not have been happier. We never thought we'd be able to enjoy live music at our wedding and are so happy that Joe is so talented that he can provide all services! We highly recommend him without hesitation and already know lots of our friends and family will be requesting Joe for their own weddings :)

Joe is the best!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Allie

Planned a wedding from Chicago for south Florida- took a chance on Joe and it was the best decision of my wedding! He played the keyboard during my ceremony, the guitar during my cocktail hour, and DJ'ed during my reception. He's absolutely amazing. Great deal as far as DJs... Read More go, he'll work with you for whatever your needs / wants are. Whatever time of day, inside/outside, he's punctual, polite, and he took care of my family, and even took requests. Absolutely cannot say enough good things! BOOK JOE! You will not be disappointed!

One of a kind!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Stephanie M

I had Joe be our DJ for our wedding but he was more than just a DJ. He played the keyboard live at our ceremony, he sang and played his guitar during the cocktail hour and then mixed up the music for the reception. We even had him combine a few songs for our 1st dance and he... Read More did it with no problem! He's the real deal and would highly recommend him if you are looking for a laid back, one of a kind DJ that has everyone entertained!! I couldn't have pictured by wedding day to be anymore perfect. He was a great choice for us!

Joe

Joe Farren is a music graduate and lifelong performer, educator and song-writer. Joe grew up performing both as a solo artist and in bands and started his Live Music & DJ business in 2005. He currently books over 50 weddings a year and has won awards for both his Live Music & DJ skills.