JOE GRANT PHOTOGRAPHY

Capital District/New York, NY

We want to capture your special day!

Simply put, we LOVE photographing weddings and engagement sessions and would love the opportunity to capture your special day! If hired, we promise to focus all our love, passion and creativity into your images! Services include two photographers, photo booth, online gallery, albums, and more!

Engagement

Wedding Albums

Capital District/New York, NY (518) 925-9785

The Best in the Capital District

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Melissa R

I am completely happy that I choose Joe to do our wedding pictures. He was flexible, friendly and efficient. He is incredibly detailed and was able to put everyone at ease and keep us on schedule.I talked to a lot of photographers before making my choice, but none of them had... Read More the skills, detail and thoughtfulness that Joe does. He made us comfortable and kept it lighthearted - that alone is priceless. I highly recommend him!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 4/20/2014 Carolyn W

Joe Grant is beyond professional, passionate, and creative. His passion and creativity are obvious when you see him work, and in the amazing photographs of our special day! Joe takes the time to get to know who you are as a couple, and his photos captured more than just the... Read More visual aspects of each moment...he captured the emotions of me, my husband, and all of our family members. I wouldn't just recommend that you contact Joe to shoot your wedding, I INSIST! You will be glad you did (we are!).

2014-04-21T08:26:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Carolyn! I really enjoyed working with you both. Your wedding was beautiful and I am honored to have served as your photographer for the day! All the best to you both in this next chapter of your lives as husband... Read Less Read More

October 13th 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 JT T

We chose Joe Grant for our wedding on October 13th 2013. What we liked most besides our beautiful images was how easygoing and organized Joe was throughout the planning process and on the day of our wedding. He always made him self reachable and prompt when trying to communicate... Read More with him. During our wedding day, Joe and his assistant were both very presentable and likable by each of our guests. The locations that were picked on the fly for family formals came out wonderful, and the locations for our solo portraits were beautiful as well. When the dancing started, Joe mixed right in on the dance floor and captured some awesome dancing shots. The delivery of our images was prompt and elegant. Our photos took just a couple of weeks to process (which to us, time didn’t matter because we wanted quality over speed), and were presented in an elegant custom canvas USB portfolio case. The quality of our delivered images were beautiful and natural. Nothing was “over-processed”. Joe is a wonderful person and photographer that will go above and beyond for quality and perfection when it comes to your wedding, or any photo event that you may be interested in booking him for. Thank you, Joe, for making mine and Jessica’s wedding memories last forever. Sincerely, Justin and Jessica Tibbitts

2014-04-16T16:47:49 Response from the vendor

The pleasure was all mine! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am honored to have been selected to serve as your photographer on such a special occasion. All the best to you both!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Brian C

Joe is simply outstanding. From our first in person meeting together, my husband and I knew we were in good hands. Engagement photos on the Brooklyn Bridge..AMAZING. That was just a taste of what was to come with our wedding photos. Both Joe and his assistant were fun and easy... Read More going the entire day. Creativity was a plus and the photos are done in good taste all while capturing the essence of the day. From posing with our three dogs to capturing the more intimate moments of the day, we could not have picked a better team to work with. If you haven't talked to Joe yet, get on the phone and book him already!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jennifer C

Joe was absolutely amazing to work with. He did our engagement session and our wedding and we are so in love with our photos! Joe was completely professional and extremely organized. He made sure to capture each moment of our day- including the spontaneous and candid ones! it's... Read More almost as if he was able to see a moment just before it happened and was there to capture it. We can see our love through the photos he took which is not something everyone can say when they look at their wedding pictures. Joe was simply phenomenal and I will be recommending him to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Danielle T

Joe is OUTSTANDING! I can't speak highly enough of him and his work. From our engagement photos to our wedding day, every aspect of working with Joe was perfect. Joe is fun and made us feel comfortable immediately, and our guests raved about him after our reception. Our... Read More wedding photos truly capture the story of our day; Joe captured the love emotions that were present in a way that I didn't even know was possible. Every photo looks so authentic and natural, even our posed shots. We couldn't be more thrilled with our photos; we would work with Joe again in a heartbeat. Thank you for everything, Joe!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Monique A

Joe was an absolute pleasure to work with- from his creative nature to his perfectionist photos - his work speaks volumes!! He made my husband and I, and all our our guests feel at ease being photographed allowing him to capture some of the most honest and intimate moments of... Read More our big day! We cannot thank joe enough for his amazing attention to detail, wonderful personality, phenomenal talent and beautiful photos! Joe made our wedding day all all of the festivities associated with it truly memorable for our families! He is easy to work with, responsive, polite and passionate about his work! We will most certainly be utilizing Joe's picture perfect services for our future events and milestones! Thank you joe!!

He gets the job done!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Kathryn M

Joe has been amazing since day one. I looked through a lot of photographers and interviewed quite a few, but the minute we met with Joe, we knew we had to hire him because of his professional and organized disposition. Joe's work is impeccable as his photos capture real... Read More emotions beautifully without being overly posed. He's very organized and takes the time to make sure he's captured your special moments. Our hair salon messed up the day of the wedding and pushed our whole timeline back two hours, forcing my husband and I to have no time for pictures prior to the wedding. At the end of the day, Joe sat us down and told us he would work with us to get the pictures we needed for our wedding. When we got back from our honeymoon, Joe set up a day with us and took amazing photos. We are so incredibly grateful to him for his kindness and generosity.

Breathtakingly Beautiful Photographs

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

In this season of Thanksgiving, we are filled with gratitude for the timeless treasures that Joe Grant Photography provided us within our breathtakingly beautiful wedding photographs. Before we even began planning our wedding, we knew that finding the right wedding... Read More photographer was our number one priority. We could not have found a better fit than Joe Grant. From our first communication, I knew we had found a winner. Joe is extremely timely in his communication; in fact, it was only a matter of minutes before he answered our initial inquiry. When we looked over the pricing packages he sent, we were sad to find they were beyond our wedding budget, especially since I had already fallen in love with Joe’s photography style. I sent Joe an email informing him that, unfortunately, the photography packages were out of reach for us and wished him a happy fall. I will never forget the next email. Joe could have easily written us off and waited for another client to book him. Instead, he emailed me back and asked if I could send him more information about our wedding so we could look into customizing a package to fit our needs. From there, we worked with Joe to create a photography package that was within our budget and made sense for our unique wedding, a family elopement with just ten guests including the bride and groom. Joe answered all of our questions and took the time to meet with us via Facetime to answer additional questions, as we live in West Virginia, over six hours from his Albany location. As we discussed what we envisioned for our photography, we told Joe that we weren’t a fan of staged photographs of the wedding party jumping in the air or playing tug of war with the bride and groom. He laughed and told us we didn’t need to worry about it; that wasn’t his style. What is his style are classy and classic photographs that captured the beauty, grace, and emotion of our wedding day. On our wedding day, Joe arrived on time, professionally dressed, and ready to jump into action. In reviewing the pictures, and all of the shots and angles that were captured, it’s hard to imagine that there was only one photographer. He did the work of several, stepping in when our champagne table had to be moved out of the sunlight and even chauffeuring us around to different photo locations in his sweet ride ;) He made us feel at ease in front of the camera, was willing to indulge us in our whim of hopping into a canoe in our wedding attire, and, most importantly, took as many shots as possible within the timeframe without ever making us feel rushed. Within hours of our wedding, Joe had already posted a few “teasers” on his Facebook page, which were met with rave reviews by all of our family and friends. Everyone wanted to know who had taken the pictures because whoever it was had one heck of an eye for composition and capturing the beauty of our day. Post-wedding, Joe remained in contact, ready to answer questions and honored a request for a particular edit in a few of the photographs. Our personal online gallery was ready in barely over a month after our wedding, which is an impressive turnaround time for such high quality photographs. We thought that we had already seen the best pictures in the Facebook “teasers,” but it turns out that they are all pretty perfect. When I look at Joe Grant Photography’s photographs, I am back on a mountain in New York surrounded by the love of my family. We couldn’t ask for anything more in a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Kaela A

Joe Grant is simply wonderful! We reached out to Joe because he was listed as a preferred vendor through our venue. His style, personality, and business practices met all our criteria and we knew immediately that he'd be a lot of fun to work with. I don't live local to the area... Read More anymore which can be very problematic when planning a wedding. Joe remained a step ahead of me on all fronts and I just can't say enough how much I loved working with him. We first met Joe face-to-face when he came to Chicago for our engagement shoot. He was professional while keeping the day fun and exciting. He even went to our photo location early to scout the best places and scenery for our photos. In addition to being an outstanding photographer (I can't say enough how much I LOVE our pictures), Joe is also just an all-around wonderful person. He understands the chaotic nature of the day, and worked with me throughout the morning to ensure I was calm and comfortable for our photos. Even my mother loved Joe! Joe takes the time to get acquainted with the couple, understand their personalities and quirks and then works with you to ensure the best photo ever. You'll be in good hands with Joe Grant! He's just the best and I'm so glad he was part of our day.

2015-10-26T15:51:50 Response from the vendor

Love you guys! Thank you for the amazing review! ;)

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Danielle H

Joe was absolutely amazing! Photography was one of the most important things to us on our wedding day and we were blown away by what Joe captured for us. We felt the day fully when looking back over each photo that was taking with such thought and art. He is the best!!

Best Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015

Hiring Joe was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. He took amazing pictures of us and our families, everyone loved them. He was very professional and actually helped guide us through the day.. Since we have never gotten married before it was a relief to have... Read More someone there with us the whole day, that has been there before and knew where to go/what to do. Throughout our entire wedding Joe was our photographer, our guide, and our friend. He was very patient with everyone and made it clear that we were in charge. Joe was on top of everything, he replied to any of our questions quickly whether by phone or email. We could not have chosen a better photographer! Thank you Joe for your exceptional service and attention to detail during our wedding, it made all the difference.

2015-08-04T16:16:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you both for choosing me to be your photographer and for the amazing review! Your wedding day was just beautiful! :)

Excellent photographer

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Nicole D

Joe Grant is an amazing photographer! His passion for photography and dedication to his work is extremely evident! He will do whatever it takes to make sure he gets the perfect shots. He is also extremely organized. We sat down together and made a wedding timeline which ensured... Read More that my wedding day stayed on track and every photo that I asked for I got. All of my wedding guests loved Joe as well. I would highly recommend Joe Grant as a wedding photographer if you are looking for high quality photos and a stress free day!!

2015-07-30T08:13:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review and for having me capture your special day! I love what I do! ;)

Great guy and amazing quality!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Kristin O

Working with Joe was one of the best decision we made when planning our wedding. From the first Skype interview, we completely clicked. I was told by many of my married friends that liking your photographer is super important as you end up spending such a long time with them on... Read More your wedding day, so it was very important to me that not only did I like his work, but that we would get along. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Joe checked in to make sure things were covered and offered solutions if I needed them; for example, letting me know what color dress to wear for my engagement photos so they would come out the best. He had no issues traveling from upstate NY to NYC to do our engagement photos and spent a lot of time with us. We also had a lengthy convo a few weeks before the wedding to go through every detail, again offering suggestions on ways to make the day go smoothly. The quality of his photos are amazing as well, we couldn't be happier. Joe takes time to make sure the photos he's taking are worth while. He's not the type of photographer that will just hold down the shutter button and take millions of photos, he's careful and meticulous about what he's capturing, so rather than winding up with a million mediocre photos, we ended up with a few hundred perfect photos. He also wasn't pushy or too pose-y, photos were natural and candid. On the wedding day, other than the time dedicated to taking photos w the bridal party and my husband, we didnt even notice him, which is how it should be. He didnt stop us in a moment and ask us to look at him or anything like that, he let us enjoy our day and captured it as it was happening. We also used his new photo booth technology that allowed our guests to print out photos as favors. He uses and open air booth (not a closed in booth) which I prefered so lots of people can fit in the photo and guests ended up with an actual 4x6 photo they can frame rather than those strips. Everything worked out very well with and our guests loved it. It was great to have all photos from one vendor as well, made things much easier on us. We seriously could not recommend Joe and his team more highly! You wont regret it!

2015-07-21T11:48:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! Your wedding day was beautiful and it was a pleasure working with such a great couple! ;)

Great!!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 Aislinn R

Joe is amazing!

2015-08-04T16:18:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Aislinn for the kind words! Thank you for choosing me to to capture your special day! I loved working with you both....still one of my absolute favorites from 2014! :)

We HIGHLY recommend Joe!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Meghan C

We can't say enough great things about Joe Grant Photography! Not only are his photographs amazing, but he was so fun to work with! Joe is extremely professional yet made us (and all of our wedding party, family, and guests) all feel comfortable and relaxed. We received so... Read More many compliments on how friendly and fun our photographer was. He did a wonderful job capturing our wedding day and the pictures turned out even better than I imagined. Go with Joe!! -Matt and Meghan married 10/25/14

25th Year Wedding Renewal

Reviewed on 1/04/2015

I'm also a freelance photographer and in talking with and watching Joe, I can tell that he's a real pro. From planning to execution, he was very meticulous and spot-on. He was flexible in finding the schedule that would work for us even from the brainstorming session to the days... Read More that led to our big day. He took notes of all the necessary details to ensure that we would get the shots that we wanted and had terrific ideas in choreographing the best shooting opportunities. During the event, Joe looked for the best angles, best scenarios, best lighting conditions, best locations, etc. and didn't "just shoot" for the sake of shooting. He wouldn't just settle for ordinary or easy shots and from another photographer's perspective, it was a joy to watch a true artist at work and not just another "hand with a camera." Everything went smoothly. Joe, the pro, "worked" the place, the event and the people to get the best shots possible. And it was no wonder that when we saw the photos, we were simply astounded. They were extraordinary! In composition, timing, colors, etc. The results are artistic and dramatic! They really captured the entire day's actions and especially the highlights and the emotions of the event. There are so many beautiful portraits, action shots, reaction shots, dramatic shots, you name it. We couldn't be happier. Joe, thanks for making our wedding renewal even more special. It was a pleasure having a photographer of your caliber be there to shoot our big day. We will treasure these pictures forever! Ron (and in behalf of my wife, Liza)

Joe Grant

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Joe photographed our engagement session and subsequent wedding. It was a pleasure to work with Joe, he is calm, patient, has a great eye and was able to capture many great moments. The photographs were beyond our expectation and could not be happier with the result.

Exceptional Photographer

Reviewed on 4/20/2014

An outstanding professional photographer. His knowledge and creativity of artistic elements of photography is exceptional. I am ecstatic and thrilled with the quality of images he and his second shooter provided for my wedding. Being a published photography myself, while seeing... Read More and witnessing other professional photographers, I enthusiastically recommend Joe's photography service for any event or occasion.

2014-04-21T08:33:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Phil and for selecting Joe Grant Photography to record such a special and emotion filled day! All the best to you and the Mrs.! :)

Engagement Photo Shoot

Reviewed on 12/30/2013

Joe is an amazing photographer with great professionalism. He made our engagement shoot a very pleasant experience. He also sent us a few sneak peeks the same day of our shoot! I would highly recommend his services for weddings, engagement shoots and any other events!