Joe Hulsey Photography

Louisville, KY and Southern Indiana and Surrounding Areas

Creative photographer offering unlimited hours

I'll be there from first curl of the hair until the limo takes you away. If you want a photographer who doesn't rush you through the most special day of your life, you should give me a call. It is possible to get breath taking images and a fun, easy-going personality. Two time "Best of" winner!!

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo

Louisville, KY and Southern Indiana and Surrounding Areas (502) 417-4694

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Absolutely love Joe! He is so talented and great to work with. First met Joe when he did my brothers wedding and was so impressed! Not only was he taking the pictures but offered to help out with anything else he could to make the day perfect. When I started planning my wedding... Read More the decision on a photographer was the easiest part.. There was no question it would be Joe! Joe did my engagement, wedding, daughter's first birthday party and more. Joe has become our family photographer for every occasion and we plan to continue using him for years to come!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016

Joe is great! Joe went above and beyond to meet our needs. He was timely and professional through out all of our wedding events (engagement photos, rehearsal, beach wedding, preparation for the wedding day, and our local reception). Joe traveled to the beach and was always... Read More willing to go beyond what was expected of him to make sure we were happy. He's flexible and easy to get along with. Overall, he made our wedding day and all of our festivities stress free and picture perfect!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Taylor B

Where to begin...Joe is nothing shy of AMAZING. He likes to make the joke that he is "full service photography" when in reality that is completely true. He was there for me and the girls from the moment we got up on my big day until the drunken end. He went above and beyond for... Read More us, just as I know he does for not only every bride and groom, but for everyone who is lucky enough to have their photos taken by him. Joe is patient, understanding, hilarious, caring, generous, and, above all, he has become a great friend of ours. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and perfect photographer. He loves what he does and is so great at it. The photos were beautiful and communication was a breeze. He captured every moment. His work speaks for itself, so I don't feel the need to elaborate. Zero complaints here!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Emily M

There are not enough stars for Joe! He is absolutely amazing to work with and his photos are just so gorgeous. Joe has truly become a friend for my husband and I. He really got to know us and our personalities and they really show in the photos. That day goes by in such a blur... Read More it was wonderful to be able to relive that day through Joe’s photos. He listened to what we wanted and then offered ideas that we would have never thought of. We did most of our photos between the ceremony and the reception because we didn’t have a first look and he did an amazing job of getting all of those photos done in a timely manner so our guests inside weren’t starving. He truly did such a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Ashley G

Hiring Joe was probably the best planning decision my husband and I made. He was able to make me feel comfortable (not an easy feat) and captured the love and happiness of the day perfectly. Our engagement shoot with him was great, and the day-of was even better. He was at the... Read More location when we got there to get pictures of me getting ready for the day, and accommodated all my Pinterest-inspired ideas. I can’t wait to see the rest of our pictures, as he gave us a sneak preview just a few days after the wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Courtney R

So glad we chose Joe Hulsey Photography! When choosing a photographer, our goal was to find someone who we could stand being around all day on our wedding day. Since that day is stressful anyway, it’s nice being surrounded by people you actually want there! He has a great sense... Read More of humor and fun personality which made taking pictures very fun and enjoyable. We received our pictures in a timely manner and are thrilled with them! We loved the creativity in the pictures and loved the fact that we had 2 photographers to help cover the day. Great communication before and after the wedding in keeping us updated with everything and even checking in on us! Overall, so glad we chose Joe! He did an awesome job!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Carolyn T

We are thrilled we chose Joe for our wedding and engagement pictures. He took an awkward couple and captured some incredible images that we will treasure always! Joe was very easy to work with and helped us plan our day from start to finish. He is willing to go above and beyond... Read More to make you feel comfortable and relieve some of the wedding day stress. We highly recommend Joe Hulsey Photography for your special day!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kendall S

Joe is absolutely amazing!! Finding a photographer can be so stressful and from the first time I met Joe he made everything so easy!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Hallie B

Joe and Latayna were top notch in every way. My photos we absolutely beautiful, and Joe was great about getting some sneak peeks out quickly. I will do time to use Joe for any additional photography needs. Thank you both for making my day so exceptional!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Rachel L

Joe is amazing! He goes above and beyond for his clients. We were nervous during our engagement photos and he knew exactly how to get us to relax. I highly recommend him for any occasion.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Ellie T

Love, love, love Joe! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding he was the photographer for and then my husband and I chose him to be our own photographer! Not only does he shoot wonderful pictures, he was there every step of the way when I would ask questions. He helped us with... Read More recommendations for who to chose with other vendors and made sure that we happy on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Sybil D

Joe is wonderful. He is talented, professional and extremely accommodating. We were amazed at the special moments that Joe captured. Only someone who is attentive and sensitive to what would be meaningful to the couple could do that. We are extremely grateful that we chose... Read More Joe.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

I am a little late on posting this as I got married on October 22, 2016 but for all you newly engaged ladies there is no need to continue to look for a photographer Joe truly is the best. I live in Savannah GA now but was home, attended a bridalshow and the rest is history. Joe... Read More is much more then a photographer, he truly is invested in your wedding and wants to make it the very best for you. He suggested and put me in contact with my makeup artist and even saved the day when my florist backed out 48 hours before the wedding with a connection he personally knew. I put it to you this way all my bridesmaids thought he was a family friend, and were shocked to hear we met him at a bridalshow. And the photos are phenomenal! We actually had photos from our engagement session printed on clear plates and used them as centerpieces. I am telling you all the truly isn't a better photographer in the area, and if you don't live local anymore he works amazingly with out of town couples.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Emily H

Joe stepped up to the plate when the original photographer got sick on my wedding day. I choose to believe it was fate. I met him at a bridal show a year ago and we hit it off. I had it down to him and one other photographer. He had another bride interested in the same day as... Read More mine and I chose the other photographer thinking he had someone else. Come to my wedding day and the other photographer texted me in the morning sick and in the ER. My wedding planner called Joe first thing! And it was truly a blessing. Joe happened to be available. He was so nice, courteous and professional. Everyone had nothing but the nicest things to say about him and Latanya. They were great with the kids even though the flower girl who was fussy and being the diva she can be at 2 1/2 years of age. Whether it be divine intervention or plain lady luck I am so glad we had Joe. Don't hesitate like I did, just go with him and you will not be disappointed. Joe, We cannot thank you enough! The photos turned out amazing!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I recently used Joe as a photographer for my wedding and engagement photos. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Joe is flexible and always very responsive to questions. I would text him random questions throughout the planning phase and always get a promt answer. Joe is... Read More very creative and always has great ideas to make your pictures incredible and unique. Joe will also take ideas from the bride/groom/family to ensure that everybody is getting all of the pictures they want on the big day. Joe was even climbing ladders on my wedding day to ensure the best angles were gotten in every shot!! My husband and I love all of the photos from Joe! I would use Joe for future photography needs without any question. Thanks Joe!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Briana P

We met Joe at a bridal show and it was game over from there! Deciding to use Joe as our photographer was hands down the easiest decision of our wedding. He is not only a fantastic photographer, but an all around fantastic guy! He made me comfortable the entire way and I didn't... Read More feel like I was just a client. Joe's laid back but upbeat personality made our big day so much easier. We weren't too strict on what we wanted, but the shots we knew we wanted--he made sure to make it happen for us. On my wedding day I didn't feel as if Joe (and Latanya) were just photographers snapping a moment in our life, I felt as if they were truly family sharing part of our lives with us! If you're looking for a fun, affordable, and professional guy to capture your big day-- I'd give Joe Hulsey ten thumbs up if I could!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

We highly recommend hiring Joe! He and his assistant were so kind and very attentive at our wedding and our session for our engagement photos. They made us feel at ease, and as someone who has Tourette's Syndrome, I really appreciated his humor and positive attitude. I know it... Read More was a long day for him, but he kept looking for good photo opportunities all day and we definitely got our money's worth. My wife and I were thrilled with the photos, and loved the box it came in with bonus goodies. Thank you Joe!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Tiffany G

We loved Joe, he was very professional and met all of our wants and needs as a wedding photographer. He helped us with planning certain pictures that we had not thought of ourselves and gave us a great place to have our engagement photos done at. We loved the quality of our... Read More pictures. Our families and ourselves really liked the ability to us the website that he used to release our pictures to us. And the most important thing for us was that he had a second shooter that got dual emotions of the big parts of the day! We hope you love Joe as much as we do!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Love Joe! Very responsive, takes great photos and wasn't just posing and smiling. Helped get us out of our shell and really captured our day to day selves!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amanda D

I am a very busy person and our wedding was out of state which made the planning process very stressful for me. I knew I needed to hire professionals who I would be able to get ahold of when I had time to discuss things but who would also go above and beyond without a lot of... Read More direction when I was busy. Joe called and texted me anytime he needed information (he even texted me just to make sure I was still surviving haha), many times I needed to talk with him after business hours or weekends and he was very accommodating. What I think is indispensable about Joe Hulsey Photography is that he takes photos ALL DAY, from getting ready at 10am to leaving in our get-away car at 10pm we have photos of everything. Not only that but you have a second photographer for the more important moments like the ceremony, bridal party and family photos, and the first dance. There are so many photos where the different perspective captures the moment perfectly, she snaps little moments in between Joe taking the formal photos etc. The quality of the photos is another thing I did not want to compromise on. The photos are vivid with depth in colors, he also selects several photos and duplicates them for black and white or sepia options so you see many different styles. It was also very important to me that we have the rights to all the photos taken that day, we don't have to pick and choose the ones we want to purchase, we can print any and all of the photos we want. He also has many professionally printed options for designing photo books, large canvas prints etc. Joe wants you to have great photos and to help with that he definitely tries to get to know you before the wedding so that on the wedding day you are comfortable around him. He also wants the names of family members and the bridal party so he has a better idea of who is who. If there is one thing to take away from my review it's this: it's so difficult to narrow down my favorite photos out of the 1,000+ photographs we now have!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Alison W

Joe is AMAZING! His work speaks for itself. He is so easy to work with and always there to answer your questions. Joe was the first vendor that we booked after we got engaged. We even booked Joe before we had a wedding date!! After our consultation with Joe, I knew we were... Read More going to go with him. He answered every question single question that I had and many many more! On our wedding day he captured every picture that I wanted and much more. He captured so many moments that I will never forget. He made my wedding day, one that I will never forget. He works very quickly to get your pictures back to you in a timely manner. Joe is patient, understanding, hilarious, caring, generous, and, above all, he has become a great friend of ours. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and perfect photographer. He loves what he does and is so great at it. I can't say enough positive things about Joe Hulsey Photography. I can't wait to continue to work with Joe for years to come. He is by far the BEST photographer ever!! I do not have a single complaint throughout my experience with using Joe as our photographer.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Brittany B

I had a wonderful experience! He made the whole process very easy and laid back. I didn't have to worry or stress about my photos he took car of everything. I told him before what types of photos I wanted and he did all of them! I would recommend him! My husband and I were so... Read More happy that we are having him do our maternity photos as well!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Joe was great! He was so fun to work with and made everyone feel very comfortable and relaxed. It can be a stressful day so I'm so glad we had someone who knew what they where doing and had a game plan. We had absolutely no problems. He is a very punctual person and was... Read More always on time. He also spent a lot of time going over my album and helping me get it just right. I'm really thankful we picked Joe.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Adam W

Before my wedding, I did not realize how much impact a photographer has on your wedding day. They're with you for most of the day, and that can be stressful or a gift. In my case, it was a gift! Joe Hulsey could put any bride at ease. He got to know my husband and I before... Read More our big day and treated us like family. He blended in to everything that happened on our special day with ease and did it all with a smile on his face. He was flexible, laid back, fun, and we couldn't be happier with the photos we received. I HIGHLY recommend Joe Hulsey for your wedding. He's an awesome guy!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Alison K

Joe was incredible to work with! He was very professional, organized, and flexible. I got to work with him again after referring my sister for her wedding. Highly recommend!