Joe Hulsey Photography

Louisville, KY and Southern Indiana and Surrounding Areas

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo

Louisville, KY and Southern Indiana and Surrounding Areas

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Absolutely love Joe! He is so talented and great to work with. First met Joe when he did my brothers wedding and was so impressed! Not only was he taking the pictures but offered to help out with anything else he could to make the day perfect. When I started planning my wedding... Read More the decision on a photographer was the easiest part.. There was no question it would be Joe! Joe did my engagement, wedding, daughter's first birthday party and more. Joe has become our family photographer for every occasion and we plan to continue using him for years to come!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016

Joe is great! Joe went above and beyond to meet our needs. He was timely and professional through out all of our wedding events (engagement photos, rehearsal, beach wedding, preparation for the wedding day, and our local reception). Joe traveled to the beach and was always... Read More willing to go beyond what was expected of him to make sure we were happy. He's flexible and easy to get along with. Overall, he made our wedding day and all of our festivities stress free and picture perfect!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Taylor B

Where to begin...Joe is nothing shy of AMAZING. He likes to make the joke that he is "full service photography" when in reality that is completely true. He was there for me and the girls from the moment we got up on my big day until the drunken end. He went above and beyond for... Read More us, just as I know he does for not only every bride and groom, but for everyone who is lucky enough to have their photos taken by him. Joe is patient, understanding, hilarious, caring, generous, and, above all, he has become a great friend of ours. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and perfect photographer. He loves what he does and is so great at it. The photos were beautiful and communication was a breeze. He captured every moment. His work speaks for itself, so I don't feel the need to elaborate. Zero complaints here!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Emily H

Joe stepped up to the plate when the original photographer got sick on my wedding day. I choose to believe it was fate. I met him at a bridal show a year ago and we hit it off. I had it down to him and one other photographer. He had another bride interested in the same day as... Read More mine and I chose the other photographer thinking he had someone else. Come to my wedding day and the other photographer texted me in the morning sick and in the ER. My wedding planner called Joe first thing! And it was truly a blessing. Joe happened to be available. He was so nice, courteous and professional. Everyone had nothing but the nicest things to say about him and Latanya. They were great with the kids even though the flower girl who was fussy and being the diva she can be at 2 1/2 years of age. Whether it be divine intervention or plain lady luck I am so glad we had Joe. Don't hesitate like I did, just go with him and you will not be disappointed. Joe, We cannot thank you enough! The photos turned out amazing!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016

I recently used Joe as a photographer for my wedding and engagement photos. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Joe is flexible and always very responsive to questions. I would text him random questions throughout the planning phase and always get a promt answer. Joe is... Read More very creative and always has great ideas to make your pictures incredible and unique. Joe will also take ideas from the bride/groom/family to ensure that everybody is getting all of the pictures they want on the big day. Joe was even climbing ladders on my wedding day to ensure the best angles were gotten in every shot!! My husband and I love all of the photos from Joe! I would use Joe for future photography needs without any question. Thanks Joe!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Briana P

We met Joe at a bridal show and it was game over from there! Deciding to use Joe as our photographer was hands down the easiest decision of our wedding. He is not only a fantastic photographer, but an all around fantastic guy! He made me comfortable the entire way and I didn't... Read More feel like I was just a client. Joe's laid back but upbeat personality made our big day so much easier. We weren't too strict on what we wanted, but the shots we knew we wanted--he made sure to make it happen for us. On my wedding day I didn't feel as if Joe (and Latanya) were just photographers snapping a moment in our life, I felt as if they were truly family sharing part of our lives with us! If you're looking for a fun, affordable, and professional guy to capture your big day-- I'd give Joe Hulsey ten thumbs up if I could!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

We highly recommend hiring Joe! He and his assistant were so kind and very attentive at our wedding and our session for our engagement photos. They made us feel at ease, and as someone who has Tourette's Syndrome, I really appreciated his humor and positive attitude. I know it... Read More was a long day for him, but he kept looking for good photo opportunities all day and we definitely got our money's worth. My wife and I were thrilled with the photos, and loved the box it came in with bonus goodies. Thank you Joe!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Tiffany G

We loved Joe, he was very professional and met all of our wants and needs as a wedding photographer. He helped us with planning certain pictures that we had not thought of ourselves and gave us a great place to have our engagement photos done at. We loved the quality of our... Read More pictures. Our families and ourselves really liked the ability to us the website that he used to release our pictures to us. And the most important thing for us was that he had a second shooter that got dual emotions of the big parts of the day! We hope you love Joe as much as we do!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Love Joe! Very responsive, takes great photos and wasn't just posing and smiling. Helped get us out of our shell and really captured our day to day selves!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amanda D

I am a very busy person and our wedding was out of state which made the planning process very stressful for me. I knew I needed to hire professionals who I would be able to get ahold of when I had time to discuss things but who would also go above and beyond without a lot of... Read More direction when I was busy. Joe called and texted me anytime he needed information (he even texted me just to make sure I was still surviving haha), many times I needed to talk with him after business hours or weekends and he was very accommodating. What I think is indispensable about Joe Hulsey Photography is that he takes photos ALL DAY, from getting ready at 10am to leaving in our get-away car at 10pm we have photos of everything. Not only that but you have a second photographer for the more important moments like the ceremony, bridal party and family photos, and the first dance. There are so many photos where the different perspective captures the moment perfectly, she snaps little moments in between Joe taking the formal photos etc. The quality of the photos is another thing I did not want to compromise on. The photos are vivid with depth in colors, he also selects several photos and duplicates them for black and white or sepia options so you see many different styles. It was also very important to me that we have the rights to all the photos taken that day, we don't have to pick and choose the ones we want to purchase, we can print any and all of the photos we want. He also has many professionally printed options for designing photo books, large canvas prints etc. Joe wants you to have great photos and to help with that he definitely tries to get to know you before the wedding so that on the wedding day you are comfortable around him. He also wants the names of family members and the bridal party so he has a better idea of who is who. If there is one thing to take away from my review it's this: it's so difficult to narrow down my favorite photos out of the 1,000+ photographs we now have!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Alison W

Joe is AMAZING! His work speaks for itself. He is so easy to work with and always there to answer your questions. Joe was the first vendor that we booked after we got engaged. We even booked Joe before we had a wedding date!! After our consultation with Joe, I knew we were... Read More going to go with him. He answered every question single question that I had and many many more! On our wedding day he captured every picture that I wanted and much more. He captured so many moments that I will never forget. He made my wedding day, one that I will never forget. He works very quickly to get your pictures back to you in a timely manner. Joe is patient, understanding, hilarious, caring, generous, and, above all, he has become a great friend of ours. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and perfect photographer. He loves what he does and is so great at it. I can't say enough positive things about Joe Hulsey Photography. I can't wait to continue to work with Joe for years to come. He is by far the BEST photographer ever!! I do not have a single complaint throughout my experience with using Joe as our photographer.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Brittany B

I had a wonderful experience! He made the whole process very easy and laid back. I didn't have to worry or stress about my photos he took car of everything. I told him before what types of photos I wanted and he did all of them! I would recommend him! My husband and I were so... Read More happy that we are having him do our maternity photos as well!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Joe was great! He was so fun to work with and made everyone feel very comfortable and relaxed. It can be a stressful day so I'm so glad we had someone who knew what they where doing and had a game plan. We had absolutely no problems. He is a very punctual person and was... Read More always on time. He also spent a lot of time going over my album and helping me get it just right. I'm really thankful we picked Joe.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Adam W

Before my wedding, I did not realize how much impact a photographer has on your wedding day. They're with you for most of the day, and that can be stressful or a gift. In my case, it was a gift! Joe Hulsey could put any bride at ease. He got to know my husband and I before... Read More our big day and treated us like family. He blended in to everything that happened on our special day with ease and did it all with a smile on his face. He was flexible, laid back, fun, and we couldn't be happier with the photos we received. I HIGHLY recommend Joe Hulsey for your wedding. He's an awesome guy!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Alison K

Joe was incredible to work with! He was very professional, organized, and flexible. I got to work with him again after referring my sister for her wedding. Highly recommend!

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Ashley R

Joe and Latanya were amazing! They were there for close to 14 hours, and were patient with all of us and got some great shots. They stayed on the timeline all day, and were helpful to both myself and my husband. We loved them and would recommend to all!

J West Photography

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Robert R

We had a great experience with Joe as our wedding photographer! We loved his personable and easy going demeanor right away. Although laid back, Joe is also very professional and kept us on task with everything that needed to be done. Weddings can of course be hectic, however... Read More Joe's presence was very calming and just what we needed on such a busy day. So glad we had such a wonderful photographer for our wedding!

Embry Wedding

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Jamie A

I really enjoyed everything that Joe and J. West Photography had to offer and I am so pleased with how well everything turned out. It was wonderful because we had him the whole day so we were lucky to get an entire day's worth of photos and memories. Joe is very easy to work... Read More with and was well liked by all of our family and friends. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our beautiful day. I would highly recommend J. West to any current or future bride because of his flexibility, personality, availability, and he offers packages to fit within any budget.

Curtis wedding

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Maegan G

Joe did just our wedding pictures, and he is so fun and personable! Our wedding party loved him and he really took the time to get to know my husband and I before the wedding to know what kind of couple we were since we didn't do an engagement session. Since we didn't do an... Read More engagement session, we got to put that money toward our credit for our album, which I am excited to see!! Joe captured ALL parts of our wedding day, where most photographers charge by the hour, he stayed when we got ready to when we were done! Joe was always in contact with me, which was reassuring because I never felt out of the loop. If you want a fun and easy going special day like I did, Joe is your guy!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Brittany S

Joe was amazing to work with. Joe did our engagement session and our wedding! I received several compliments from my bridal party on how nice and laid back he was. We were able to have Joe with us for unlimited hours on our wedding day which made it nice. I would recommend Joe... Read More and could not have been more pleased with my choice of photographer. Joe was always easy to get ahold and I could not say anything bad about him! Highly recommended!

Best and Personable Photographer in Louisville

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Sarah C

Joe with JWest Photography was the most personable photographer I have ever met. Joe is a very down to earth photographer and he is great at what he does. The first time my husband and I had professional pictures together was our engagement session. Joe made us feel so at ease... Read More and made our enegagement photos so much fun. On our wedding day he was with us from the beginning to the end. He followed my girls and I to get our hair and makeup done that morning of our wedding and stayed with us until the last dance of the night. There are not too many photographers that you will find in Louisville that will photograph your wedding day beginning until end at a reasonable price and have outstanding photographs to show from it. Photography was one of the highest priorities on my list for our wedding. We are so glad we choose Jwest photography for our wedding day. Joe made sure to capture all of our favorite moments plus more. I would recommend Joe to anyone that is looking for a wedding photographer or any photography needs. We look forward to continuing to work with him in the future for any of our photography needs.

J West Photography

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

Joe Hulsey for J West Photography was amazing to work with. During our engagement photo session he was very laid back and made us feel very comfortable. He has a lot of great ideas for different poses and is willing to try any ideas you might have. We liked how he put all of our... Read More pictures on a CD for us so that we could choose what ones we wanted to print. If I ever had any questions about anything, he was so easy to get ahold of and always responded the same day. Another thing we really liked were his photo packages with the unlimited hours. Some photographers charge by the hour so it was nice to not have to worry about running out of time and getting all the pictures we wanted to take. He's willing to come as early as you want to take pictures of you getting ready with your bridesmaids on the big day. I even had him come to the mall with my bridesmaids and I to take pictures of our makeup session! He's a very good sport and will do anything for you to make your wedding day special and memorable.

J west

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Joe was a delight to work with. He was so flexible and fit right in. He took time to look at my pintrest page and being props. He never interrupted to get a picture and it felt very natural to take pictures for him. My husband who hates pictures even made the comment " I don't... Read More mind taking pictures when they are this easy!" We got our pictures back quickly and they were amazing! He captured every moment of the wedding day and it was so fun reliving the wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

When we discovered JWest Photograhy, we were excited!! Every Bride knows this is one of the most important events in their life. Having a Photographer is the most crucial part of their special day, other than marrying the Love of their life! When we approached Joe to be... Read More our photographer, I didn't realize just how Extraordinary he would be .. There are not enough STARS to rate JWest Photography. Joe went above and beyond his expectations. The interaction he possesses with Family & Friends, the Bridal Party and of course, myself, the bride; and my groom, Steve, was just phenomenal ... We had excellent pictures, and LOTS of them. Poses we ourselves, wouldn't have thought of. The most personable photos were taken that day and a lifetime of memories to reflect upon, all THANKS to Joe! I couldn't refer a better photographer, I see JWest as the finest in our area. Most Definitely, I DO refer Joe to anyone who is in search of a great, honest, personable, and friendly photographer who will capture your every moment. I can tell this is his passion as his work reflects every aspect of that. We were thrilled before and after to have JWest Photography and will continue to use and refer him. We appreciate everything from that day, but the memories that will stay with us a lifetime are in part to JWest for keeping them so precious for us !!! We can't THANK you enough Joe, The Fee Family

Great Photographer....well worth the money!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Amy S

J West Photography was wonderful. Joe was a pleasure to work with and I received several compliments from my bridal party and guest on how nice and likable he was. My husband and I were able to have Joe with us all day to capture every moment of our special day. We were very... Read More pleased with the prints and as a part of our package. If you are in the Louisville region I would recommend Joe with J West Photography and could not have been happier with my choice of photographer.

Start a Conversation!