Joe Payne Photography

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

100 Southwold Drive, Cary, NC
Raleigh, North Carolina community and surrounding areas

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Nicole M

AMAZING!!!! He was everything I ever could have asked for in a photographer and then some! I saw his pictures online and fell in love with them when I was in the beginning stages of looking for a photographer. I called him to feel him out and I remember at the end of our... Read More conversation I knew without a doubt that he was the photograph I wanted. He is not only personable and knowledgeable but he sticks to his values which I really appreciated. During our conversation (10 months before my wedding) I mentioned how I really wanted to try to get a couple sunset pictures if we could and he googled what time the sun would set on my wedding day and what time would be best to try to take some sunset pictures. I'm sure it was as easy as plugging my wedding date into google, but I really liked his approach on it. I had also mentioned how I had seen some pictures where the sky was crazy colors and this is where he let me know that he could enhance the colors that are there but if the sky is blue he isn't going to paint it yellow and purple and I honestly loved that he has those standards and sticks with them. After seeing his picture and talking with Joe, he was hired! I was telling everyone that if I could get one picture like the ones that were on his blog I'd be a happy camper! Now my wedding day... Joe is extremely professional and friendly. You can sense his love and passion for what he does. He is willing to climb or lay down on the ground to get the shot that he's looking for too! He's like a sniper of a photographer, he just has an eye for it and runs with it. Joe made me feel so comfortable and confident in knowing that he was capturing our day for us. The pictures I have seen so far are beyond incredible! He gives you some 'sneak peeks' shortly after your wedding which is great and the picture that I have seen so far, WOW is all I have to say. I've definitely gotten the 'picture like the website' that I was hoping for and then some. My expectations have been far exceeded!!! I can't wait to see the rest of my pictures but I already know that I'm going to be thrilled! I would recommend Joe to anyone and everyone that wants a photographer that loves and cares about what he is doing and really enjoys being a part of your wedding knowing how important of a day it is. Joe really was a sniper behind the camera, he was behind the scenes capturing your day yet right there for you if you had any questions. Joe, thank you sooooo much for documenting our wedding day for us and doing what you love to do. I loveeee our pictures!! Oh and btw I think I'll tell Wayne to 'seize your wife mate' forever 😊 haha thank you again for everything!!!

Love him and his work!

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Nichole P

We went with Joe because we wanted a photographer who prioritized capturing the experience in an artistic way and is in the "moment"… (no boring shots with him). Joe was amazing! His personality and flexibility worked perfectly with our hard to "wrangle" wedding party/family. He... Read More was responsive and professional in both our correspondence and in-person communication. He was also true to his timeline of picture turn around. We'll definitely be reaching out to Joe for future events!

Amazing and Talented Photographer!

Reviewed on 4/17/2014 Tara M

Choosing Joe for our engagement and wedding photos was the best decision we made for our wedding! Photos were a big deal for us and we really did our research when looking for local photographers. After initially emailing with Joe, we thought he was out of our price range and... Read More weren't sure we were going to work with him, even though we loved his work. Joe called us a few days after we initially contacted him and worked with us to accommodate both what we wanted and our budget and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Joe is an extremely talented photographer, easy to work with, prompt, and professional. He knows how to make you feel comfortable and how to get the best photos possible. He worked with us throughout the planning process to make sure he understood what type of wedding we were having and what we wanted out of our photographs. Our photographs are amazing and I am so glad we will have them forever to remember our wedding day! Joe's work speaks for itself, but I would recommend Joe to any newly engaged couple!

Recommended

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 ALLEGRA RAFF R

Joe Payne was fun to work with, very professional, and takes great pictures.

Outstanding Photographer: Joe Payne

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 Katherine W

Picking Joe Payne as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning. I can't say enough great things about him and his work. When we initially met, we had a few drinks together and he explained his style and prices and was very straightforward.... Read More He even altered one of his packages for us so we could get exactly what we wanted. He is professional, prompt and takes his work very seriously. Joe took my bridal portraits a month before the wedding and he did a great job keeping me comfortable and smiling throughout the session. He returned photos to us in record time and we were able to pick pictures to print before the wedding. Joe stayed in close contact with us throughout the planning process and made sure we were all on the same page for the day of the wedding. And we were. Everything was perfect. The pictures from the wedding are absolutely magnificent. I can't stop looking at them! The moments he captured from the ceremony and the reception are so special and real. I know Joe's photos will keep us smiling and remembering our big day for the rest of our lives. I would highly recommend him to any bride!

Amazing Artist & Beautiful Photographs!

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Akiko Y

My husband is a professional videographer, and we wanted beautiful photos that would capture our special day in a candid way. Joe is a wonderful artist, and we couldn't be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. They are so beautiful and captured many special moments of... Read More the day. Joe is relaxed and friendly but extremely professional. During the planning process, he was very helpful with any questions I had, and he was always quick with communications. On the day of the wedding, he even gave us a ride from the ceremony to the picture taking site. It was so great to have Joe as our wedding photographer, and I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed!

One of a Kind Photographer

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Lisa S

My husband and I knew we had found our soul mates when we found each other. Finding Joe was the next best thing. Not only did he have great pictures in his portfolio but from the first time Mark and I sat down with Joe at Hibernian, we knew his personality was the best fit for... Read More us! He made us feel comfortable and at ease. Immediately we trusted him. After our engagement session down town Raleigh, he had by far proved to us that he was the right man for the job! He did't make us do cheesy stuff, which we both hate, and the session flew by. Neither my husband nor I like to have our pictures taken, but there was never a time during the entire engagment session where we were wishing it would end! Joe has a remarkable talent for capturing people in the moment. All of our pictures showed us (just better looking versions), being ourselves, in the moment, and neither of us have ever taken that many good photos in our life! Before the engagement session I was nervous about how our wedding pictures would turn out. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on pictures and then not like any of them. (neither of us are photogenic) After I saw what Joe was capable of doing, with little to no effort on our part, I knew that we could relax about the wedding day. It was so nice to finally see the moments from our wedding day that Joe had captured. He seemed to be everywhere but completely unnoticed, capturing literally-picture perfect moments! Besides his amazing ability to take once in a life time pictures, he is very efficient and had the best prices in town. Our album was ready for us the day before we returned from our honeymoon. Not many people work that hard anymore these days! Joe was truly a blessing and we WILL have him shoot every other special event in our lives

One of the very best!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Peter F

As a professional wedding photographer, I had a lot of options when it came to choosing a photographer. Joe’s photojournalistic style and adept use of light convinced me that he was the right photographer for us. I left it to my bride-to-be to make the final decision and she... Read More quickly fell in love with Joe’s photography. Every time Joe posted a new set of images on his blog, she would tell me about them and how much she liked them. She was thrilled when it was our turn and immediate shared the link to Joe’s blog with everyone! Joe’s photos speak for themselves but they cannot convey his personality and the way he conducts himself. He is very personable, unobtrusive, and was receptive to what we wanted for our photography. It was important to us to be able to enjoy our day and as requested Joe moved quickly through our formals and we were back enjoy our wedding day in its entirety. I had high expectations and Joe’s photos exceeded them as he captured all the emotion of the day just as it happened. I have now known Joe as a client and colleague and my wife and I both consider him a friend. Choose Joe as your photographer and will be forever thankful that you did!

What a wonderfully talented photographer!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Jacquelyn L

They say that your wedding day is perhaps the one day in your life when it is all about you. Joe Payne really made us feel like our day was indeed all about us. After our initial meeting with Joe, we did an engagement photo shoot. We walked around the Duke Gardens (where our... Read More reception was held) and Joe had us just talk to each other and relax. Neither of us is particularly fond of posed photos and while you may have to move a little more into the light from time to time, Joe works very hard to make everything as natural and relaxing as possible. We loved our engagement photos (we even put them in our sign in book to make a special photo album) and were confident our wedding photos would be the same. Joe did not disappoint. Our initial concern with the photographer was that he might distract us from the significance of the day; Joe was very receptive to this concern. The wedding photos were beautiful and not only captured the people, but he captures the entire scene, which adds tremendously to the impact of the photo and ultimately has allowed us to more vividly re-experience the day. Joe's candid shots of wedding guests were also fantastic and complete the whole set of photos so that taken together we had a wonderful sense of the day. We are so glad that we found Joe and are excited to recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Thelsa P

I can say it all in one word: Fantastic!!! The one aspect of my wedding I was real keen on was the photography. Since most of my family lived abroad and could not make it for the wedding, this part was crucial. I happened to see some of Joe's pictures online and loved them.... Read More Meeting him and having him photograph our wedding was the best thing ever.... I personally hate photographs and think that I look quite terrible in most of them (I know there are quite a few girls out there in my shoes), but Joe is simply a magician. Not only did everyone look picture perfect but the camera angles and the timing of those photos were incredible. My husband agrees and he used to be a docu-film maker. I still don't know how one person could have been in so many places at once. Best decision I ever made.....totally worth it!

Joe is the best!

Reviewed on 9/06/2012 Danielle P

We knew we wanted to hire Joe the minute we met him! He has a great personality and is fun to be around. We wanted someone who could really tell the story of our wedding in pictures since we were not hiring a videographer and he did just that! Every picture he took was not only... Read More beautiful, but captured the joy of the day. As a side note, personally I am a terrible subject for pictures because everytime I'm in front of the camera I feel awkward, so I was amazed seeing pictures of myself that made me look natural. He did a great job of making everyone feel comfortable and he honored my Mom's only request that he not stand at the very front of the ceremony snapping pictures left and right which is a problem we had at my sister's wedding. Her photographers took good pictures but had no concern interrupting the ceremony. All in all Joe was very professional and we could not be happier with our pictures.

Pictures worth a million words !

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Shannon M

We found Joe on the internet through the Knot website and were excited that his photos really told the story of the subjects he covered. As soon as we spoke with him we knew the match was perfect. My family had a mix of family members who spoke English and Spanish and Joe knew... Read More both very well and was able to communicate with my family and make everyone comfortable. The pictures were amazing and it was incredible he did the whole event by himself. Each picture does tell its own story of the event and brings us so many good memories. He really captured the beauty of our location at Lake Lure NC (and my bride as well !!). He was on time, professional (yet fun and friendly), and really worked with us to get the best shots and processing options after the event for a great value. Too bad I won't need and don't plan on getting married again, but if we ever do a re-vow, we'll give Joe a call to make sure we have the best photos possible.

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Sarah M

Working with Joe was a fantastic experience. My husband and I met him at a friend's wedding and were sold after seeing him in action. He managed to capture the spirit of our wedding in still shots - every time we look at the photos we're brought back to that incredibly joyous... Read More and special day. He was open to our ideas, but I think it works best when you let him do his thing - our pictures are proof. He is the consummate professional and incredibly gifted - we would hire him again in a heartbeat.

2012-08-07T10:13:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the feedback, Sarah. I really enjoyed sharing in your day with you! Best of luck to you and Jonathan in your new life together!

An all around great experience

Reviewed on 2/01/2012 Samantha B

My husband and I chose Joe to shoot our wedding as soon as we saw his work; his unique documentary style was exactly what we were looking for. It didn't take long for us to realize what a great decision we had made. Joe was just as professional as he was personable; we can... Read More certainly say that we gained a friend in the process of working with him. Not to mention that the price for the quality of his photography was unmatched. Our wedding has come and gone but we couldn't be happier with our photos, as they truly illustrate the day in the natural, beautiful way that we remember it. We appreciate Joe as an artist and believe that we couldn’t have picked a better photographer to tell the story of our wedding.

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 12/17/2011 Monica B

Having a good photographer for our wedding was one of my top priorities but we had a very limited budget. Finding Joe was like striking gold! I found him online just by chance and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our whole experience with Joe. He went above and beyond... Read More what we ever expected and was so much fun to work with. Our pictures turned out amazing! Both the engagement pictures and the wedding pictures couldn't have been any better. I've seen a lot of engagement and wedding pictures that look so cheesy and posed and I knew that is not what we wanted at all. Joe's pictures turned out so natural and he was able to capture special little moments that never could be just posed for. He also had this ability to just fad into the background. We hardly even knew he was there; he was able to keep our special moments between the two of us special and unobtrusive. But probably our favorite thing about Joe was that by the end of this he was our friend. We felt like he was a guest at our wedding, not a vendor. We really could not have asked for more or be any happier with the whole experience. Thank you Joe!!

Excellent Choice

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Allison T

Joe did an excellent job photographing our rehearsal dinner and wedding. He was professional, talented and creative. He took the photos we wanted while everything to proceed as planned. Joe delivered excellent quality photos that were composed and lit superbly. I would not... Read More hesitate to choose him again or refer him to any friends looking for a photographer. He was also very easy to deal with and was flexible to make sure we had the package we needed.

Loved having Joe!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Christine B

Having Joe as the photographer at our wedding was an absolutely great decision and I would gladly hire him again in a hearteat! He was so easy to work with and was a huge help all throughout the planning period. Our family and friends loved meeting and working with him at the... Read More wedding and we were all even happier once we saw the pictures! They pictures all look beautiful and he did a wonderful job capturing all the special moments of the day. Stephen and I couldn't have been happier!

Great pick, great pics!

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Ana Lucia E

We found Joe online! he has a extremely good taste and he takes the most natural spontaneous pictures. He did a great job even when we got married during a very hot July evening, he stayed for the whole event to get the important moments. He is bilingual! which was a great... Read More help because all my family speaks Spanish. And the pictures came out beautify! we are getting all types of compliments!

I love Joe!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Candis W

Joe managed to be everywhere at once, and nobody knew that he was there. The photos are GORGEOUS. GORGEOUS!! I keep looking through them because he captured everything; it's like I'm going through the day all over again. Joe is incredibly personable, which is important... Read More considering that this person is with you the whole time. Did I say the photos are GORGEOUS? Yep, they are.

Couldn't ask for anything better!

Reviewed on 6/03/2011 Jenna L

Not only did we receive breathtaking photographs but Joe was also such a pleasure to have as a guest at our wedding. We truly enjoyed working with Joe and with his help the whole day went so smoothly. Our photos really are amazing, they capture our day perfectly. Joe's unique... Read More style truly reflected the emotions from our wedding day. Joe was very professional yet friendly, patient, enthusiastic, and extremely talented! We certainly hope to work with Joe again in the future and would be honored to refer him to all engaged couples! !

2011-06-05T19:46:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenna. I'm very pleased you like your photos and were happy with the service! Hope to see you all soon!

Fantastic Photographer

Reviewed on 4/01/2011 Cathy M

I love my photos. Joe did a great job on everything from the group shots to the candids. (And if you've seen the size of my family you'll understand it can be a challenge.) There is such a variety in the pictures and he was able to capture the colors of fall and sunset... Read More brilliantly.

2011-04-01T11:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cathy. It really was great fun working with you, Jimmy and your family too. Best wishes for the future!Joe