Modern Romantic & Vibrant Wedding Photography

Johanna Dye Photography is a internationally published Wedding Photographer, photographing amazing couples that are crazy in love in the Carolinas and beyond. My style is vibrant and romantic, a documentary style of shooting, capturing candid moments with a touch of professional guidance to make you look absolutely amazing on your big day!p I am the sole photographer - if you hire me, you get me and not a random associate! I love building a personal connection with you, and learn what you are passionate about to tell your story & document of one of the best days of your life! I want to be your trusted friend in this crazy ride down the isle. Need advice or tips during planning? I will be your trusted partner to tie the knot beyond "just" being a photographer.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Raleigh-Durham, the Carolinas & beyond! (480) 492-4299

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Wera I

Johanna was absolutely fantastic! She is such a sweet person and talented photographer. She made both my husband and i feel so comfortable posing for our wedding pictures. We are so glad we found her and were so lucky she was available for our wedding day. We love the photos so... Read More much, and would 100% recommend her.

2017-03-01T13:27:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I had so much fun photographing your wedding and I am happy glad to have gotten to know the both of you! What a gorgeous couple! I cant wait to see what life has in store for you!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Alexa S

Johanna is truly amazing. As a bride, finding the perfect photographer is just as important as finding that perfect dress, and I'm so happy thatJohanna Dye Photography was the perfect fit for my big day! She's personable, but professional and is great at giving directives... Read More without being bossy. The end result are fabulous images that will last a lifetime. She answered any questions that arose with expertise. I never had to worry about my photographer making a rookie mistake, or forgetting the shots that were important to me. She even made suggestions for groupings that I didn't think about which have now become some of my family's most-treasured photos. I also had a boudoir session with Johanna as part of my Bridal package and I had so much fun during that experience! I never felt uncomfortable like I was afraid I would, instead, I actually ended up laughing most of the time. Her boudoir studio is stunning and I loved her makeup and hair artist as well. All-in-all, if you're looking for a well-rounded, professional, and experienced photographer for your wedding day; I cannot recommend Johanna Dye Photography highly enough! As soon as you speak with her you will understand why she's easily the perfect fit for any Bride or Groom!

2017-03-01T13:07:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this sweet review! I was honored to photograph your wedding and you and your hubby made it so much fun for me! I really enjoy watching you guys growing your little family now on instagram! So grateful to have met... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Meredith B

Simply put, Johanna is amazing! As a photographer, her work stands for itself as she captures moments so well. There are a ton of photographers out there with great work but Johanna's work ethic and personality sets her apart from the rest. It is so obvious the love she has with... Read More her work. She's also great at giving you pointers with positions without sounding bossy. Being photographed by Johanna makes me feel super comfortable, which is odd for me since I typically hate being photographed! We had the joy of working with her for both our engagement pictures and our wedding, and I have a feeling this will be a continuous relationship as we grow as a couple and want to capture more memories. One last note, I simply love the joy she gets when getting to take pictures of all the details and decorations. We booked an amazingly beautiful AirBnb to get ready in and she ran around the house so excited about all the places she could photograph things! Go with Johanna, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Nicole S

Johanna and her team were amazing to work with. By far one of the most free flowing photographers that captured every shot through out my client's wedding day! As a wedding coordinator having photographers that are able to roll with the day with no hold up in the schedule is... Read More AMAZING and I cannot rave enough on easy and fun it was to work with Johanna. I highly suggest hiring Johanna for your photography needs!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katie Z

We hired Johanna for our wedding in September and she was absolutely amazing to work with. We researched a lot of photographers and her work just stood out in a sea of wedding photographers. Not only does she efficiently get the shots she wants (and we did too!) but she does so... Read More in a way that made us so comfortable! Neither of us really enjoys having our photos taken, but it felt so easy with Johanna - and she managed to capture us in the way we hoped! From the posed shots to the candids, she captured our day in a way I really believe other photographers could not have. I’d book her immediately if you can! Thanks, Johanna!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sydney C

She was so much fun to work with and super professional!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Kassie T

We were lucky to meet Johanna while having our engagement photos done. Not only did she take beautiful pictures of my husband and I, she also included our 15 month old daughter. Coming from out of town, we knew nothing about the area and Johanna was able to find the perfect... Read More location and came with plenty of ideas! She worked fast and was so helpful in the ordering process. We wish she was available on our wedding day but we look forward to working with her again!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Jessica R

Johanna is no doubt one of a kind & absolutely AMAZING!! She did our engagement & wedding photos. She's very professional, easygoing, personable & kind. If you're looking for a photographer that is easy to work with (especially for weddings) then she is the one! What I love most... Read More about her is how unique & natural her photos look! I have nothing but great things to say about Johanna. Please book her as your next photographer, you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Natalie M

Johanna captured our wedding day beautifully! We are in love with the pictures and have received so many compliments on how beautiful they are. Johanna is very easy to work with and gives directions without being bossy. I definitely am the type of person who can feel a little... Read More uncomfortable in front of the camera but Johanna helped me feel at ease. I would highly recommend Johanna for your wedding and engagement pictures.

2017-05-31T08:31:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a blast at your wedding and it was so wonderful to capture it for you!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Nicole H

If you're looking for talent, vision, professionalism you won't have to look any further. Joanna does such a great job capturing the character of people and the emotions of the moment. She is truly talented and a real joy to work with. She is absolutely sweet, experienced and... Read More competent. She has done pictures for me on multiple occasions, every single time I'm blown away!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Allison R

Do yourself a favor and hire Johanna Dye! She is the most amazing person and photographer - she responds quickly to emails and phone calls, she is sweet and bubbly and listens to your every request to capture the look you are going for. She is talented and wonderful to be around... Read More - since our first meeting, I knew I wanted her to be my photographer. Johanna did our engagement photos and our wedding photos - I could not stop looking at them - they were BEAUTIFUL! I was happy to have Johanna there with me every step of the way on our special day. Love her - do it and you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Samantha M

Johanna's professionalism, kindness, and customer service is top notch. Highly recommend!

2017-03-01T15:23:17 Response from the vendor

thank you so much!! <3

Johanna

Hey y'all, I am Johanna! Born and raised in Germany, I fell in love + moved across the Atlantic - so naturally, I am obsessed with a good love story! With over years of experience and lots of amazing weddings under my belt, I know I can make your day unforgettable. I love a strong cup of coffee (with lots of caramel), macaroons & lush peonies. My heart beats for Harry Potter + Star Wars and when I am not behind the camera, I can be found traveling & exploring the food + craft beer scene.