Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Preservation, Flower Arrangements

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

100 Elm Street , Warren, RI (401) 258-3821

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Dan P

Just unreal!!!!! There's truly no other way to describe John Orton and his impeccable staff!! Our wedding was simply gorgeous and beyond our expectations, there may be many other designers to choose from but don't be foolish as there's no one better in the industry to give you... Read More and your guests the WOW factor! Guests are still talking about our wedding thanks to John!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Adam A

My husband and I were absolutely blown away with the the flowers for our wedding. John and his team was a pleaseure to work with. From our first meeting John knew exactly what we wanted and brought it to fruition on our wedding day. We highly recommend John Orton and his entire... Read More team.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kether p

Absolutely amazing !!! Was everything we had dreamed about. They really went above and beyond for me and my new bride to make sure everything was classy and beautiful no one thought we could transform the space and all the guests couldn't get over how stunning it turned out. I... Read More Highly would recommend john and Anthony for any wedding or party!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

If you are thinking of hiring John for your wedding, do it. You will not be sorry. I truly cannot say enough about John and his team. They absolutely made my wedding day! The room was even more gorgeous than I pictured. I cannot express just how much I loved every single... Read More detail. And on top of it, John is such a pleasure to work with. His passion and talent are obvious from the first meeting in his beautiful showroom. Of all the vendors who helped to put the wedding together, John and team were by far the quickest to respond, the most organized and just all around the best. My experience was nothing short of perfect and it was worth every penny. My husband felt the same way. He thought everything was just beautiful and was so shocked and happy when we walked into our reception room. We also received countless compliments from our guests on the décor and the flowers.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Megan B

I can't say enough amazing things about John Orton!!! His flowers are incredible- he turned my dream into a reality. John was so fun to work with- great sense of humor, and I loved going to his showroom to pick out things. I am a designer myself, so I had a very specific and... Read More unique vision for my wedding, and gave a lot of direction, which he was able to get right away. He took my vision and added his creative touch and flower expertise, which is something I know little about myself. He definitely has a very creative eye and a wonderful style in his flowers, which I would say is a cross between elegant and unique- exactly what I wanted! I was a nervous bride, and was curious to see how things would look. When I saw everything when I walked into the ballroom I was amazed- it was perfect! Also my bouquet was absolutely gorgeous, as was the bridesmaids. Thank you, thank you John!! Flowers are so important at a wedding- they really help tell your story and set the stage- more than I even realized. I wish I had another project to work with him again on! Wonderful experience, and I can't wait to get all of my photos to see it all over again.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Suzy K

John Orton and his team are amazing! They spent a ton of time with us and really went of their way to make our vision come to life. Our wedding flowers were beautiful. I showed John a few bouquets I liked on Pinterest and he took it from there. It was painless for my husband and... Read More I. We are so grateful!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Chris D

Our wedding theme was Old Hollywood Glam and John and his team brought it to a whole other level. We were over the moon pleased with the large focal displays John provided complete with gigantic palm fronds, large ostrich feathers and gorgeous strings of pearls. When we first... Read More saw them, our mouths dropped in awe because we were so impressed! He even special ordered lamp shades for the cocktail tables that matched perfectly. John was truly a pleasure to work with and helped create something magical you would see in a magazine!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016

Many thanks to John and his staff at John Orton Flowers and Events. John was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful in bringing together all the vendors who worked on my daughter's wedding. He went way beyond what he had to do and his attention to detail made the... Read More venue really look spectacular.. Even the last minute changes I requested were handled efficiently, professionally and without issue. He is truly wonderful and cares about all that he does. The flowers were gorgeous from the centerpieces, to the chuppah, to the bouquets. He delivered all that he promised. I recommend him highly!

2016-06-27T10:04:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Melissa P

Working with John Orton was a dream come true! He was fun, professional and very detail oriented. You can tell just by meeting him that he really loves what he does. He is truly AMAZING at what he does! Not only did he make absolutely gorgeous floral arrangements, but he also... Read More helped me design the room with beautiful linens, crystals, candlelight and lighting. He gave my wedding the WOW factor that my fiance and I were looking for. John Orton also did all of the centerpieces at my bridal shower. The centerpieces were blush, lush and fabulous and all of my guests raved about them! John Orton and Events goes above and beyond to make your special day the BEST DAY EVER!

2016-06-27T10:05:00 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was gorgeous! It was a blast working with you.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Mark L

John Orton Florals did an outstanding job transforming our wedding venue into something guests only see at celebrity weddings. He brought to reality the vision I had dreamed about for my entire wedding . The Inn where the wedding reception was held, was so impressed with the... Read More transformation, that they bought the photos from the photographer to use for marketing. To develop a New Year's Eve Gala , John brought in some amazing design ideas, including table linens, charger plates, chavarlie chairs, special effect lighting , memorial table designs and lighted candle lanterns going up the stairs of the church. The dramatic effect of the table flowers to the opulence of the attendants bouquets wrapped with Swarovski crystals, created a magnificent wow factor. The wait staff at the Inn commented that they had never seen such a magical environment. John's talent and the efforts put forth by his team were pure perfection. John is a true artist who certainly knows his craft. 5 Stars.

John Orton Events

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

It is not often that my expectations are met, let alone exceeded. John listened to the words we used to describe our vision and translated them into a magnificent reality. Our guests described the dining room and venue as "magical, shimmering, twinkling, warm and enveloping".... Read More To my eye the flowers and décor were the essence of understated but sophisticated elegance. It was a pleasure to work with John and his staff who paid attention to details and were generous in their recommendations of bands, photographers and cake bakers they thought were top notch. They were right! I recommend John Orton events without hesitation and cannot thank him enough for creating such a gorgeous backdrop to our joyous occasion.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Cheryl M

John Orton Flowers and Events did the flowers and the design for my outdoor wedding. The arrangements were unique and unlike any other wedding that I have seen. They designed for the location and for me. Consequently, it was perfectly specific to the venue. Now common or... Read More ordinary arrangements. I am now trying to arrange other events just so that we can use their services again!

Elegant, Black Tie Cocktail Party wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I have to be honest, I met with John a few times, expressed my vision for the venue space and night and put all my trust in him. His reputation was enough for me to step back and let him and his team work their magic.... And did they every!!! When I walked into my reception... Read More for the first time, I tried to take everything in and see all the detail but I was just blown away. John did it all... the Flowers, the design of the space, the linens, the elegant sophisticated cocktail party vibe... he nailed it! Couldn't be happier.

Beyond Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Anne F

Having known John for many years, I knew that my daughter and I could give him an inspiration point and he and his team would just take it and run with it. Our/his last minute additions to the church were spectacular. My daughter and I are in the design/event planning... Read More industry...so we are used to micromanaging. But with John, we placed our full confidence in him and let him go from the start, and the results were stunningly beautiful. There aren't enough words of praise...

THE BEST

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

John Orton is a truly great artist! I loved John from the moment I met him, and people have not stopped commenting about how beautiful and stunning the flowers were at our wedding. John does flowers, but he also does so much more. He was so helpful with many of the visual... Read More aspects of our wedding. I cannot recommend him and his staff highly enough!

The Gold Standard of Florists

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Janna S

John is the gold standard of florists. He will go to great lengths to ensure you realize your wedding decor dreams and will do his best to ensure it's done at a reasonable price. He is honest about what flowers cost, and he is always excited to help you realize your vision. He... Read More is a consummate pro with helpful ideas and tricks to ensure you receive what you envisioned. He is also provides amazing customer service and had great recommendations for vendors from hair and make up to a last minute request for a florist for our rehearsal dinner. We loved working with John and highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Kathryn S

John Orton was one of the best parts of our wedding day. He was attentive and creative throughout the whole process. The flowers were GORGEOUS and everyone commented on how beautiful everything looked with fantastic color palette that John created. I would recommend him to... Read More everyone!

Better than I ever could have imagined!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Jules F

My flowers were, by far, my favorite part of my wedding! John Orton was an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to everything I said and I never would have believed that I would have such an amazing end result! The colors were just right, the use of space was... Read More extraordinary. John provides so many different options for bouquets and centerpieces and I truly believe that he would impress anyone with his talent!!! His experience is evident with everything he does and everything is exceptional and consistent.

2015-07-07T11:16:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed everything. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Gina C

Gina and I would like to thank you so much for bringing our wedding vision to life. The best decision we made was to hire you! You are a fabulous and talented artist, and your collective knowledge and experience was invaluable. Most of all, your patience and passion... Read More helped it all happen. Our wedding day was posh with many elements of stunning flare! Family and friends were floored by your work and creative nuances. Every element from the lighting, centerpieces, and outdoor décor were impeccable. Lastly, you are visionary in your field. Your emotions and vibrant style were emulated in each and every aspect of the wedding. Some just decorate…you create visions and breath life into them. -Michael and Gina

John Orton

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Babs J

We attended a wedding where John Orton did the decor. I cannot imagine how much it cost, but probably the flowers alone were 2x the price of my not inexpensive wedding. If you like totally over the top, price is no objects he is your man. For the 99% of us, you should probably... Read More look elsewhere. If Marie Antoinette needed a floral designer, she would probably use John.

SO Fun, SO Awesome

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Elizabeth L

I got married last July in Newport, RI and was so fortunate to get to work with John Orton. I absolutely loved working with him and his team, specifically Margo. They understood my vision and helped me fill in where I didn't know what I wanted. They were both so fun to work with... Read More as well and overly accommodating! Hands down I would recommend John Orton and team for any event!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Katie M

The flowers for my wedding for even better than I could have imagined! They were absolutely gorgeous! John was so great to work with. He took the time to go through our entire event helping to decide where we wanted flowers. He totally understood our vision and helped to add... Read More in great little touches and ideas. I was blown away the day of the wedding by how beautiful everything came out!

Awful Experience

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Courtney D

Here's the short version of the story- Contacted John for a consultation and made a special trip out to meet him at our venue. He was 30 minutes late, and on his cell phone for the majority of the meeting. When we were actually speaking it was okay, and I had hope. BUT... Read More then it took weeks to get the first quote (which was astronomical and way out of our price range) and when we asked him to lower the budget, I think that was the point where he decided he didn't feel like working with us and totally mentally checked out. We emailed him multiple times for a revised quote, only to get an email from his assistant six weeks later asking for a deposit to book him. There was no further correspondence after that- they literally just stopped talking to us. HORRIBLE.

Absolutely beautiful

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Lindsay S

John Orton is not only the best florist, but he is also a wonderful person. He made my wedding stand out from the rest. My bouquet and bridesmaid flowers were gorgeous. He decorated the reception location using candles and flowers. My guests were beside themselves.

Review for John Orton, Flowers by Appointment

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle M

breathtaking arrangements- especially in the ceremony venue.