John-Paul Teutonico Photography

New York and Worldwide

Timeless. Fun. Candid. No Cheesy Photos!

J.P.'s style combines photojournalism and fine art to make images for you that are timeless, romantic and real. J.P.'s easy going style will make you feel comfortable and his attention to detail and expression separates him from other photographers and creates images you will cherish forever.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

New York, NY New York and Worldwide (917) 456-2371

JP, NYC's best and a great guy to

Reviewed on 4/03/2014 Danielle D

On a day when so much can go wrong ,.. no matter how many months of planning you put into the schedule and amount of time you spend obsessing over things which end up being completely out of your control on your wedding day. The one aspect we never had to worry about, in fact... Read More the experience we looked forward to was working with JP… If you are fortunate enough to meet with him and he is available on your date… lock it up and rest easy because you have chosen the best photographer available in all of NYC. His role in our wedding will never be forgotten and I can’t have imagined working with someone more professional, talented and such a pleasure to be around. -Kyle & Danielle M. 3/15/14

Absolute Perfection!

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Morgan

The word perfect does not even begin to describe our experience with JP! From the moment we met him we knew that we had to have him as our photographer. He was professional, talented, (born and raised in Brooklyn…my husband loved that!), and so much fun! From the start JP was... Read More always there to answer all of our questions. I'm the first to admit that I’m a control freak but with JP I was able to let go. I felt completely confident and trusted that we were in good hands. Our engagement shoot had to be rescheduled twice because of bad weather but he was extremely flexible and we ended up with a beautiful shoot and had such a fun time! Our wedding day was absolute perfection and I know that it could not have been possible without JP. He spent the whole day with my girls and I at our venue while we got ready. His positive attitude and fun personality really helped to calm me down, and my girls absolutely loved having him there! After the wedding, we received our photos so quickly! We were on our honeymoon when he sent us a link to the photos and I was absolutely thrilled to see how beautiful they came out. JP is beyond talented and I am so happy that he was there to capture such a special day. I highly recommend JP to any bride! We’re planning on having JP photograph every future event we have! Thanks to JP we have these beautiful moments captured in time and we will be able to cherish them for the rest of our lives. I will never be able to thank JP enough for making our wedding day so special!

Amazing Photographer!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Jillian D

My husband and I can’t recommend John-Paul enough. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and the pictures from our wedding were absolutely breathtaking. One of our primary concerns when starting our photographer search was finding someone that would make us feel... Read More comfortable in front of the lens. J-P put us completely at ease. He includes an engagement shoot as part of the basic wedding package. We were thinking of skipping this to save some money, but I we didn’t and I’m so glad for that. First of all, we ended up with some amazing engagement photos that we are so happy to have! Secondly, it gave us a chance to meet J-P and see how he works. So when we met him on our wedding day, it was like seeing an old friend. I can’t stress how comforting this was when we were both incredibly nervous! We also wanted more candid shots to the more traditional posed wedding party shots. J-P managed to give us both. He has such an amazing eye, and was able to capture, so many of those special little moments that made our wedding day so magical. Looking through the proofs was like reliving the day all over! Your photographer is such an important choice. This is one of the people you will interact the most with on your wedding day and the person responsible for preserving those memories that you'll only get to make once in your life! You won't regret choosing J-P!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Kate C

JP was the first vendor we hired. We definitely liked his previous work, but what first sold us was gut instinct and a personality match. I knew he put my fiancé at ease, which was important to me, and that I could honest and myself around him. JP was the only NYC-based vendor... Read More of our CT wedding, and we definitely welcomed that no-BS New York vibe amid all the wedding madness. We had a ton of fun on our engagement shoot and were very happy with the outcome. But that 2 hours couldn't have prepared us for the incredible scope of our wedding day photos. Since we received them 3 days ago, it's been hard to pull ourselves away. They are extraordinary. JP doesn't work with a shot list, which I think makes room for a more fluid and fun wedding day with better spontaneity. We did feel like we had to keep any special requests top of mind so they didn't get overlooked amid the mayhem! But that being said, JP captured our wedding spectacularly from every angle. We are absolutely gaga over our photos--they totally bring our vision to life!--and it's hard to believe this all came from him and his second shooter, Derrick (who was also wonderful). In short, wedding photography is about both the process and the product. We found the former to be natural, comfortable, and fun, and the latter to exceed our wildest dreams. Thanks JP!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Veronica M

JP did an amazing job for our wedding and he was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. The engagement session was a great way to get to know each other and get comfortable with having our photos taken before the big day. My husband and I are absolutely thrilled with... Read More the quality of the photos - we love them all so much we've had a hard time picking our favorites for our wedding album! Everyone who has seen our photos comments on how beautifully they came out. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We Love Our Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jennifer H

John-Paul was not available for our wedding day and after some amazing references we booked his senior photographer, Derrick. We are blow away by our pictures and Derrick was just perfection. He was the perfect mix of funny and unobtrusive and even the family photos were fun,... Read More which we were kind of dreading to be honest! I can't thank both Derrick and John-Paul enough and we highly recommend both of them!

Best Pics

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We could not be happier with our wedding pictures. They exceeded our very high expectations and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives! Thanks so much to John-Paul for being a rock during our wedding and getting the most amazing pictures for us! His second shooter... Read More Derrick was amazing to work with as well.

Best Pics!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Laura M

We came to meet JP from a referral through a friend who was married last year and loved their pictures. JP was amazing to work with and we would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for beautiful and timeless pictures. We did not want any typical cheesy wedding pictures... Read More and JP did not disappoint. His style was perfect for our classic NYC wedding. His personality and demeanor made him seem more like a friend and he made us so comfortable right from the start. The wedding and engagement pictures were just gorgeous and we are so happy to have incredible pictures from our beautiful wedding! Five stars all around!

Best Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

JP and Derrick were amazing to work with! The pictures blew away our pretty big expectations and we got to relive our wedding while on our honeymoon! I can't say enough good things about working with JP, right from the start he was so professional and super friendly. We knew... Read More we were in good hands and the photography was the one part of our wedding we didn't have to worry about at all. I strongly recommend JP and his team for you wedding! He is the best!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Now that we've had time to look through and digest all the photos I'm just blown away at what an amazing photographer JP is!. He really managed to capture the moments of the day, and somehow incorporate into still photographs the emotions of those moments - even in the posed... Read More photos! We expected to have pretty great pictures from the wedding since he came so highly recommended by my friends who were married last year and the website looked great, but JP totally exceeded our expectations. I'm so grateful that we'll have these beautiful pictures to look at for the rest of our lives. Thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work and energy that day and in getting us the photos so quickly. If you ever need a reference don't hesitate to give out my contact info!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Now that we've had time to look through and digest all the photos I'm just blown away at what an amazing photographer JP is. He really managed to capture the moments of the day, and somehow incorporate into still photographs the emotions of those moments - even in the posed... Read More photos! We expected to have pretty great pictures from the wedding since you came so highly recommended and the website looked great, but JP totally exceeded our expectations. I'm so grateful that we'll have these beautiful pictures to look at for the rest of our lives. Thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work and energy that day and in getting us the photos so quickly. I would be happy to provide a reference anytime!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Alana M

I can not say enough about JP and his staff! Aside from his amazing photography skills, he makes you feel comfortable and is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He captures all the perfect moments you want to remember without doing the cheesy wedding poses! Everything is... Read More natural, relaxed and has a great eye to make the most important day go smooth! Can not say enough wonderful words about JP and his second shooter, Jared. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Alana M

I can not say enough about JP and his amazing second photographer, Jared. They came highly recommended from a friend for our wedding and they did not disappoint! Aside from capturing the most amazing shots the entire night, JP is so friendly he feels like you've known him for... Read More years! Highly recommend!!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Colleen N

I used JP for our wedding and engagement shoot(included in cost). It was great getting to know JP doing the engagement photos and he made us feel completely comfortable from the start. The wedding photos came out absolutely amazing I can't stop looking at them over and over... Read More again. Most importantly JP was so easy to work with and stayed to the very end of our wedding getting priceless reception shots. Highly recommend!

Gorgeous wedding photos!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

We used John-Paul Teutonico as our daughter's wedding photographer, and his work was superb in every way. We had a very large bridal party and extended family to be photographed, and John-Paul was able to control the crowd, make on the spot adjustments as needed, and still keep... Read More everyone laughing and smiling. Both the posed and candid photos reflect a beautiful combination of photojournalism and artistry. We would not hesitate to recommend JP Photography to anyone.

Best Choice We Made!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Elizabeth R

JP and his second shooter, Derrik, were nothing short of phenomenal on our wedding day. From the moment they arrived, they were both professional and adherent to every detail that had been specified prior. The weather on our special day was pouring rain, yet JP kept us calm the... Read More entire time. He listened to every request that I had for traditional family portraits and his candid shots from the ceremony and reception blew us away. As a bride, one quality that JP has that truly resonated with me, was his ability to put my husband and the men in the wedding party at ease and feel comfortable in front of his lens. My entire bridal party, including the groomsmen loved him. We have amazing photos of all of our family and friends and their personalities were truly captured. We have received numerous compliments on our photos from family and friends and given many referrals to couples who are currently wedding planning. We highly recommend, John-Paul Teutonico to capture your most special day, you will not be disappointed.

Classic, Timeless, Elegant, and Fun Photos

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Alisha S

I am so honored and pleased to write this review about John Paul Teutonico and his photography services for our wedding all I can say is simply beautiful. I wanted pictures that were elegant, timeless, classic and overall fun and John Paul truly captured this in each and every... Read More photo. As I look thru all the photos, I am reminded of what an awesome and beautiful day we had. I have some of the best memories and even want to dance along with the pictures during the reception because that is how real they look. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking, high quality, and he also engaged with our guest and they loved it. When I look at the pictures, I have one word that summarizes his professionalism and work ethic and that is he was "EVERYWHERE" and did not miss a beat! He captured photos of guests and family members with no instruction from us. He captured great shots from all angles. I was blessed to have him as our photographer and hope that when we renew our vows in ten years he will also be available. If you need an excellent photographer and you want lasting memories of your day John Paul Teutonico Photography services is definitely the best choice!

Best Experience with JP!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

I can't thank JP and his second shooter Jasmine enough for the hard work and beautiful photographs they made for me and my husband. They were both so professional and make us feel so comfortable all day long. I could not be any happier with the pictures and we got them while... Read More we were on our honeymoon which was amazing! All my friends and family swear we look like something out of a magazine and they are all freaking out at how amazing the pics are! Thanks JP for a job well done, I will happily refer you to all my friends!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Christine H

Where do I start? When we were looking for a photographer for our wedding, my husband did the research and sent me a few different photographers to look at and at the bottom of his list was JP. After going through them all, I immediately knew that JP was the one we wanted to go... Read More with because there was just something about his photos that seemed better than everyone else. When I let my husband know, he said that he put JP at the bottom because he had the same feeling, but wanted to make sure I looked at others before!! When we met JP for our engagement photos, we were both a little nervous, but those nerves were immediately washed away as soon as we met JP. He is one of the friendliest and energetic people I have ever met, and makes you feel right at home and so special while he is taking your photos. Not only that, but the pictures turned out even better than we could have imagined!! Leading up to our wedding, JP made sure that he was in constant contact with us to go over timelines and make sure that he had every detail ready to go. On wedding day, JP was amazing. All of our guests commented on the energy that he brought and how great he controlled the picture taking process, even without seeing one picture that he took, everyone could tell how amazing he was! JP made sure to get every shot that we wanted, and more. He took some truly outstanding photos from our day - from getting ready, to the ceremony, to our bridal party pictures on the beach, to the reception - JP and his second photographer, Jasmine, captured every aspect of our day. One of the most amazing things? The turnaround time! JP sent us a link to all of our photos just over a week after our wedding, and we haven't been able to stop looking at them and sharing since! It has been truly amazing to relive the day through the pictures and we could NOT be happier that we chose JP to be our photographer for our wedding. Not only are his pictures amazing, but he is truly a joy to be around and makes it such a fun process. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Danielle S

JP is an amazing photographer! He was so patient and accommodating from the day we met through the day of the wedding and had no problem dealing with the craziness of the day! He is so creative and the photos are BEAUTIFUL! We got them back while we were still on our honeymoon!... Read More All of them! He is a pleasure to work with, and his work is stunning! Would definitely recommend!

Amazing Photos!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Betsy L

JP photographed my wedding this past August and he was able to get us our wedding photos very soon after our wedding date which my husband and I were thrilled about. We are so happy with JP's work. He really was able to capture the most personal and amazing moments without being... Read More intrusive. I have received so many compliments on the photos. JP is a truly talented photographer!

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Laura C

I used JP for my engagement photos, my wedding, as well as my boudoir photos (as a gift for my future hubby). JP is simply the best - the most professional, a great eye for spectacular shots, and an amazing personality. He makes you feel comfortable from the first meeting and he... Read More guides you through the entire process, answering all questions, offering creative suggestions, and adding fun energy to your big day. I definitely recommend JP to any bride/groom... you will NOT be disappointed. Promise!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Katie K

JP is amazing! His work is beyond anything I could have dreamed of for our wedding day. His personality, eye for the perfect moment, and ability to capture true emotion, made JP such an important part of our day. My husband and I fell in love with JP’s work as soon as we saw... Read More his website. His talent is rare and special, and you can tell that from just one of his shots. From the first time we spoke with JP, he wanted to get to know us as a couple; he wanted to get a feel for our wedding and engagement photos. JP was always amenable to our needs and preferences, available to answer questions via email, and genuinely excited to hear about the details of our big day. He made the process so easy and stress free. The day goes by so quickly and these photos mean the world to us-- he captured every moment, the smiles, the laughs, the tears. We are so thankful for having JP apart of our wedding day and now we have the most amazing pictures to look back on and enjoy!