John-Paul Teutonico Photography

New York and Worldwide

Timeless. Fun. Candid. No Cheesy Photos!

J.P.'s style combines photojournalism and fine art to make images for you that are timeless, romantic and real. J.P.'s easy going style will make you feel comfortable and his attention to detail and expression separates him from other photographers and creates images you will cherish forever.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

New York, NY New York and Worldwide (917) 456-2371

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Rachel D

JP was INCREDIBLE. My husband and I were planning our NYC wedding from LA and he was super accommodating and made the planning process really easy. The day of our engagement shoot could not have been more disgusting spitting rain but JP managed like a champ and still made... Read More our photos beautiful. On the actual day, JP and Derrick were EVERYWHERE and didn't miss a thing. Derrick took some gorgeous artistic shots! Also, they were really great dealing with some complicated family dynamics for our posed photos and made what could have been potentially stressful very stress free. One of the biggest compliments I can give is that we opted to forgo a videographer and felt that JP really captured all the things about the wedding and dont feel like we missed a thing by not having video. Lastly, our album is incredible. It is not your parents wedding album. He allows you to pick so many photos and organizes them beautifully and it is something my husband and I will treasure forever.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Katie M

We loved working with JP for our wedding. The photos were stunning and captured some wonderful moments throughout the day. He was very professional from start to finish providing plenty of guidance on the timeline, and was present but never intrusive the day-of. Would highly... Read More recommend JP and his team!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 M L

JP and his team were absolutely the best! They were extremely accommodative and very professional. Our pictures turned out amazing and we are so happy we chose JP Teutonico.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Erica M

We highly recommend JP for your event! He photographed our wedding and we couldn't be happier with the results. Not only are his photographs natural and timeless but he is a pleasure to work with. He is extraordinarily down to earth and unobtrusive- exactly what you want on... Read More your wedding day. His motto remained true- no cheesy photos!- only beautiful ones to cherish for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 gina t

I am so happy to recommend John Paul Teutonico Photography. Derrick and Jason shot our wedding as JP was already booked. I was bummed at first because I really wanted JP to shoot my wedding. He already worked with a couple of my friends in the past and the work was AMAZING.... Read More Lucky me, Derrick was incredible and while I didnt spend my time with Jason, all the groomsmen loved him. We have the best pictures ever! So happy with the pictures and the whole process. They made it easy from the day we met right until we received the album - which we love!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 rachel m

Hiring JP and his team was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! They were amazing to work with and made us feel so comfortable all day long. My pictures are to die for and I could not be happier with the pictures or my album. Thanks so much JP!!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Madeline C

My husband and I loved working with JP on the day of our wedding. He made us, our families, and our wedding party feel so comfortable and at ease. Our pictures came out beautifully, and we loved all of the candid pictures he took that truly showed the emotion of the entire... Read More day. We even recommended him to our friends, who ended up using him as their photographer as well!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Lauren F

I highly, highly recommend John-Paul Teutonico Photography! Working with JP and his assistant, Derek, during our wedding was absolutely perfect. They are extremely professional as well as fun and friendly. We couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out! Thank you JP and... Read More Derek!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Marissa A

JP was a wonderful vendor to photographer to work with! Very quickly he was able to make me and my husband feel comfortable. JP consistently captured beautiful shots AND returned our photos soon after the events. I would hire him again!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lauren W

Our pictures came out amazing! JP was terrific and blended in very well- didn't feel like you had a camera in your face the whole day. So happy with everything!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Maria M

I cannot recommend JP and his team enough. We love our wedding pictures so much and he was a pleasure to work with. The feedback from our friends and family was all the same. Leading up to the wedding he was so helpful with the timeline and random questions I had and the... Read More customer service could not have been better. Thanks so much for the amazing pictures and also for keeping me calm!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Cori H

We were referred to JP by a family friend who used him for her child's Bat Mitzvah. JP did our engagement shoot and he and his second shooter, Derrick assisted him on our big day. We loved that the engagement shoot was included in the cost. JP was very patient with us during... Read More the engagement shoot and got a lot of great action shots with our Dog as well as a unique shot that only someone with a good eye would be able to capture. JP and Derrick were very reliable on the big day, and got many great shots. Sometimes it was hard to get in touch with JP for questions etc. throughout the months leading up to the wedding which was frustrating as I liked to very on top of things but, he would eventually come around. I would need to email or text a few times. They spent the whole day shooting from the getting ready, to the first look, to the bridal party, to the family, to the ceremony and lastly the party. It is a long day for them! JP made the bridal party laugh a lot during day which helped loosen them up and to capture more natural looking smiles. JP was mostly with the bridemaids and bride during the day while Derrick was with the groomsmen and groom. Derrick was very friendly and captured a lot of great shots but, some shots that he requested of the men weirded them out- he asked them to all pile on a bed together (7-8 of them) which they thought was strange... On another note, we were so pleased to get a link to all our pictures within 2-3 weeks from our wedding. Some pictures there would be a hair in someones face, or some hunched over awkwardly, a luggage, or a collar all bent, or a person taking a picture on their iphone in the background during a special moment etc. We wish someone would have pointed it out before the picture. We love that we have so many pictures to choose from however, you can only have 5 touched up for free and the rest for a fee which can add up. Overall, you get a lot of nice pictures capturing your event for a decent price. If you want very unique photos that look more artsy you would probably want something different and will probably need to pay more.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Emily L

JP was our photographer for our wedding on March 4, 2017. He was awesome! Our engagement photo session was included in our package price. JP worked with us to select great sites in NYC which were also important to us for our photo shoot. He was easy to work with and super fun.... Read More We had our photos back to us within a week! JP's prices are competitive, his gallery is easy to use, and most importantly his photos are stunning! One small area JP could improve upon is sticking to agreed upon times for phone meetings and taking a few notes about the conversations, as to decrease repetitive questions in subsequent conversations. JP is fun loving and an expert. He has a great vision for photography, lighting, details, etc. and is willing to just try a shot to see how it will work. JP made us feel comfortable during our whole wedding day. His teammate Derrick was fantastic too! Derrick was almost like a ninja - bopping, weaving, jumping and scaling stairs - in order to get perfect shots. Both JP and Derrick were respectful of our wishes, time alone, family and of our wedding day. They captured beautiful photographs that were both posed and candid. The love and fun of the entire day are easily seen in their photos. We are elated we hired JP Teutonico for our wedding day; his work will be displayed in our home forever. Thank you, JP and Derrick!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Kate C

JP was the first vendor we hired. We definitely liked his previous work, but what first sold us was gut instinct and a personality match. I knew he put my fiancé at ease, which was important to me, and that I could honest and myself around him. JP was the only NYC-based vendor... Read More of our CT wedding, and we definitely welcomed that no-BS New York vibe amid all the wedding madness. We had a ton of fun on our engagement shoot and were very happy with the outcome. But that 2 hours couldn't have prepared us for the incredible scope of our wedding day photos. Since we received them 3 days ago, it's been hard to pull ourselves away. They are extraordinary. JP doesn't work with a shot list, which I think makes room for a more fluid and fun wedding day with better spontaneity. We did feel like we had to keep any special requests top of mind so they didn't get overlooked amid the mayhem! But that being said, JP captured our wedding spectacularly from every angle. We are absolutely gaga over our photos--they totally bring our vision to life!--and it's hard to believe this all came from him and his second shooter, Derrick (who was also wonderful). In short, wedding photography is about both the process and the product. We found the former to be natural, comfortable, and fun, and the latter to exceed our wildest dreams. Thanks JP!!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Victoria R

I would argue that John Paul Teutonico is the wedding photographer out there! My husband and I worked with JP to plan out exactly what moments we wanted to capture for our wedding day. On each occasion, JP and his assistants went above and beyond our expectations. JP is... Read More extremely talented and has an eye for seeing things that will make absolutely fantastic pictures. JP also has a wonderful personality and is able to make you feel completelycalm and at ease.. We are so glad that we have such gorgeous pictures to remember the most important day of our lives. There is truly no price tag for the pictures that we have from JP. He was incredibly professional, timely, attentive, and accommodating. He understands how important the role he is playing and he takes it very seriously. It is also clear though that he truly loves what he does. There is no one that I would have rather had capturing our wedding day! I would absolutely without hesitation recommend Jeff to any couple!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Veronica M

JP did an amazing job for our wedding and he was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. The engagement session was a great way to get to know each other and get comfortable with having our photos taken before the big day. My husband and I are absolutely thrilled with... Read More the quality of the photos - we love them all so much we've had a hard time picking our favorites for our wedding album! Everyone who has seen our photos comments on how beautifully they came out. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

On a day when so much can go wrong ,.. no matter how many months of planning you put into the schedule and amount of time you spend obsessing over things which end up being completely out of your control on your wedding day. The one aspect we never had to worry about, in fact... Read More the experience we looked forward to was working with JP… If you are fortunate enough to meet with him and he is available on your date… lock it up and rest easy because you have chosen the best photographer available in all of NYC. His role in our wedding will never be forgotten and I can’t have imagined working with someone more professional, talented and such a pleasure to be around.

We Love Our Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jennifer H

John-Paul was not available for our wedding day and after some amazing references we booked his senior photographer, Derrick. We are blow away by our pictures and Derrick was just perfection. He was the perfect mix of funny and unobtrusive and even the family photos were fun,... Read More which we were kind of dreading to be honest! I can't thank both Derrick and John-Paul enough and we highly recommend both of them!

Best Pics

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We could not be happier with our wedding pictures. They exceeded our very high expectations and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives! Thanks so much to John-Paul for being a rock during our wedding and getting the most amazing pictures for us! His second shooter... Read More Derrick was amazing to work with as well.

Best Pics!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Laura M

We came to meet JP from a referral through a friend who was married last year and loved their pictures. JP was amazing to work with and we would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for beautiful and timeless pictures. We did not want any typical cheesy wedding pictures... Read More and JP did not disappoint. His style was perfect for our classic NYC wedding. His personality and demeanor made him seem more like a friend and he made us so comfortable right from the start. The wedding and engagement pictures were just gorgeous and we are so happy to have incredible pictures from our beautiful wedding! Five stars all around!

Best Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

JP and Derrick were amazing to work with! The pictures blew away our pretty big expectations and we got to relive our wedding while on our honeymoon! I can't say enough good things about working with JP, right from the start he was so professional and super friendly. We knew... Read More we were in good hands and the photography was the one part of our wedding we didn't have to worry about at all. I strongly recommend JP and his team for you wedding! He is the best!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Now that we've had time to look through and digest all the photos I'm just blown away at what an amazing photographer JP is!. He really managed to capture the moments of the day, and somehow incorporate into still photographs the emotions of those moments - even in the posed... Read More photos! We expected to have pretty great pictures from the wedding since he came so highly recommended by my friends who were married last year and the website looked great, but JP totally exceeded our expectations. I'm so grateful that we'll have these beautiful pictures to look at for the rest of our lives. Thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work and energy that day and in getting us the photos so quickly. If you ever need a reference don't hesitate to give out my contact info!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Now that we've had time to look through and digest all the photos I'm just blown away at what an amazing photographer JP is. He really managed to capture the moments of the day, and somehow incorporate into still photographs the emotions of those moments - even in the posed... Read More photos! We expected to have pretty great pictures from the wedding since you came so highly recommended and the website looked great, but JP totally exceeded our expectations. I'm so grateful that we'll have these beautiful pictures to look at for the rest of our lives. Thank you thank you thank you for all your hard work and energy that day and in getting us the photos so quickly. I would be happy to provide a reference anytime!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Alana M

I can not say enough about JP and his staff! Aside from his amazing photography skills, he makes you feel comfortable and is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He captures all the perfect moments you want to remember without doing the cheesy wedding poses! Everything is... Read More natural, relaxed and has a great eye to make the most important day go smooth! Can not say enough wonderful words about JP and his second shooter, Jared. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! Highly recommend!!