Jorgensen Farms

Westerville, OH

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Jorgensen Farms is a 65-acre certified organic farm located in Plain Township (Franklin County) between Westerville and New Albany, Ohio. Jorgensen Farms offers a wedding experience for couples wishing a rustic country/garden setting. A post and beam barn built in the 1800s, and the surrounding woods and fields, provide opportunities for photographic backdrops with a historic touch. The maximum capacity for the site is 400 guests, and the minimum is 15. Two Farmhouses are available on the property. The first floor of each air-conditioned farmhouse is accessible to the wedding party and includes many facilities and services ranging from hairspray to snacks. Wireless Internet connection is available at all locations.

Many different event spaces are available at Jorgensen Farms. Wedding settings offered by the farms include covered outdoor areas, indoor spaces and uncovered outdoor venues. These consist of a historic barn, an expansive arena, a charming potting shed, a vine covered patio, a meadow, an orchard and a large expansive lawn. Each of these areas is unique, and all offer charming natural vistas for stunning photos.

Each wedding location on the farm comes with its own set of amenities and guest capacities. The expansive lawn provides the most space for a large event. Jorgensen Farms offers photo backdrops for couples desiring a rustic country setting. Wildflowers, flower beds, wooded areas and old stately trees are all easily incorporated into the couples' photographs. Jorgensen Farms is conveniently located approximately 16 miles or approximately 20 minutes from Port Columbus International Airport.

Jorgensen Farms is a working farm with wedding venues intermingled with farming/garden spaces. With garden settings so closely available to the couple, the need for extensive decorating is greatly diminished. The wedding coordinator develops and schedules all activities, organizes all participants and prepares a plan for any eventualities. The owner of the property encourages couples to tour the facility so that they may customize their wedding day experience. Jorgensen Farms is a much sought after site in the Columbus, Ohio area and hosts a variety of diverse events. Early contact with the wedding planner is recommended.

Jorgensen Farms is a place where couples can enjoy a beautiful wedding in the middle of nature, but that is not all. Some of the noteworthy perks included with a wedding at Jorgensen Farms are:

• Pre-wedding photographic arrangements
  • Transportation service for those requiring assistance
  • Complete design services
  • Video display equipment
  • Outdoor wagon rides
  • Bonfire enclosures

Rustic Elegance- Farm Weddings

Located in Franklin County, Jorgensen Farms is a 100-acre working organic farm specializing in year-round herb production. The farm’s owner, Val Jorgensen, is passionate about sharing her land with others, and one of the ways she does this is by hosting weddings. If you’re seeking a beautiful farm wedding venue to celebrate your love, look no further than Jorgensen Farms. At Jorgensen Farms, there are 2 venues to choose from for your special day: The Historic Barn and Oak Grove. Both spaces have a unique feel and differ from one another. The Historic Barn is a vintage 1800s post-and-beam barn in white and soft yellow. In contrast, Oak Grove provides a vintage greenhouse from the early 1900's and a cottage with a neutral color palette of white, black, grey, and leafy green.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

5851 E Walnut Street, Westerville, OH (614) 855-2697
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Emily A

My dream wedding came true at Jorgensen Farms! Nothing about the day went wrong. We had our wedding on a Friday in October and luckily the weather was perfect. However, even if it wasn't they have a gorgeous indoor ceremony space that also serves as the reception area. Our... Read More wedding was spectacular, the farms spots for photos were marvelous, and the wedding coordinator and owner of the farm were wonderful people to work with. They are constantly maintaining and working on the venue. The only downside is that it is pricey.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Cindy H

Absolutely loved this venue. The owner, Val, was so sweet to work with. She and her staff have done a wonderful job creating a wedding venue on a working farm. The onsite florist created the prettiest bridal bouquets I've seen. The setting is very picturesque and the... Read More wedding photos turned out fantastic. Can't say enough good things about this wedding venue. ---Mom of bride.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Stacy K

I had a fairy tale wedding at Jorgensen Farms. I was so impressed by the wedding planner (Heather); she really helped make the day beautiful & stress-free. The owner of the farm (Val) was so lovely to work with. I am so grateful I had our wedding at Jorgensen Farms; it was... Read More exceptional!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Sarah S

Although it's a little pricey, it's worth every penny. Jorgensen Farms is a gorgeous reception venue. Multiple guest commented on how beautiful the site was and people that weren't even there but saw photos complimented it as well. We had our ceremony on site and the... Read More coordinators with Jorgensen Farms made sure everything went smoothly on time. It truly felt like we were having a fairy tale wedding!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Erin W

We are so so happy that we chose this venue. Jorgensen farms is absolutely beautiful and Heather did such a wonderful job of making sure everything ran smoothly. The moment my husband and I stepped onto the grounds we just knew it was the place for us to get married. Even in the... Read More winter the grounds and landscape were so beautiful-- the inside was lit with strings of lights, large chandeliers and it felt like a Christmas wonderland. This was the perfect place for us to get married and exactly what we had been picturing.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Erin W

The venue is beautiful and requires very little additional decorating. The staff is very accommodating and makes sure they do whatever they can to make sure your wedding day is perfect.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Peggy L

This was my dream location and after visiting 20+ other locations, we came back to Jorgensen. It was our best choice and well worth the investment. All of our guests were awed by the beauty and elegance of the location, the setting and the attention to details. I had my heart... Read More set on getting under a tree, and the outdoor ceremony location was perfect. For our vintage theme, we had four vintage cars around the location to help set the stage (thanks Val!) rented vintage china, and loaded up on flowers. The florist, caterer, DJ and photographer found Val's team to be easy to work with and flexible. To make it easy for us (bride and groom) there was a house for the bridal party to get ready in, and a house for the groomsmen to get ready. It was a magical day made even better by the venue. It was a dream.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sherine B

We had our wedding at the Oak Grove site at the end of September and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is stunning and we got so lucky with perfect weather. We definitely had some speed bumps along the way due to the venue being brand new and under construction, but they... Read More heard our concerns loud and clear and did everything they could to make it right. They made our outdoor wedding dreams come true with string lights and a beautiful ceremony setting against the farms oak trees. My husband and I are so thankful to have had such a beautiful back drop. The only downside is it is expensive and their communication isn't always the greatest. Still, love this venue and hope to attend a wedding there again sometime!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Gina (

Val, Heather and the team at Jorgensen Farms are the best wedding/event professionals we've ever worked with. Although this is our first (AND ONLY) wedding for both of us, we regularly host events throughout the country. From small events for a team of 10 to large festivals for... Read More thousands, we've never worked with a better team of talented, caring, detail-oriented, think of it before you utter your need it staff! We will forever be grateful for their hard work and the care they showed us, our bridal party and our guests. We know that we've made lifelong friends at Jorgensen Farms. We are forever grateful.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lauren D

My wedding day was September 24, 2016. Jorgensen Farms was the perfect venue for us!! We were looking for an outdoor venue with natural beauty and one that would be memorable to ourselves and all our guests. I used the florist at the farm as well. Everything worked out... Read More wonderfully. Suzi made gorgeous bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids and created beautiful centerpieces. This was after months of back and forth together creating the exact look we wanted based on some DIY elements we would add in. Suzi was open to all my ideas and created the exact look we were going for. The venue was in tip top shape for our guests upon arrival. Heather helped a ton from the planning process through the rehearsal the day before and then day-of. Overall, we couldn't be happier with our decision to go with Jorgensen Farms. It was very pricey and any add-ons (candles, etc) were overpriced in our opinion. But that being said, we felt it was all worth it because of the experience, ease of planning everything that was included. The farm was beautiful and we have not stopped getting compliments on our wedding. We are so happy with our choice! Thank you Val and all of you at Jorgensen!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Scott B

Jorgensen was an amazing venue! The venue is beautiful and fit our personalities/lifestyles perfectly. The layout of the entire facility along with the adjacent homes for which we were able to use the day of are wonderful and help make things much easier. The employees were... Read More very helpful and helped organize, push certain items along, and make sure we were not getting behind. The constructive criticism I would have would be for the decorations, some of the contract details, along with the minute details such as fire pit, etc., and personnel changes immediately before the wedding. Following the wedding reception we apparently had a miscommunication with some of our personal decor with the staff members as far as how much of the decorations needed to be completely removed and/or moved out of the main area to a designated area, and by what times. Some of our personal linens were also misplaced and unable to be found until we made a phone call to a friend/vendor and found them ourselves. Decorations and timing were discussed multiple times and everyone seemed to be on the same page. I believe these issues could be resolved in assuring the specific details of decorations, timing, placement, extras (fire pits) etc. be clarified more clearly in the contract. I would also recommend marking personal decorations so that Jorgensen staff is aware it is not a vendor's. My comment toward personnel changes is that we worked directly with one member the entire time leading up to our wedding and had a different member there the night of the rehearsal, which appeared to add some confusion as she was not fully aware of some of the details. Jorgensen is an overall amazing venue with a laid back casual feel and I wouldn't change our experience there. I think some minor tweaks in the contract and assuring future customers AND the staff are both crystal clear on specific details will help avoid confusion and potential conflict. For the net cost of the venue and other invested items I would think this should be a smooth process to accomplish and appease all parties involved.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Laina A

I got married here on 9/17/16. I had my heart set on getting married under the big tree in the flower field, but it rained.... and it was still perfect!!! The entire day was seemless and beautiful- the team switched from an outdoor to an indoor wedding without a hitch. We... Read More received so many compliments on the organization of the day and the stunning beauty of the barn. The barn comes with a huge chandelier, string lights, dried herb displays etc. The addition of the new mint bar created the perfect amount of extra space. Heather and Val are amazing to work with- SO organized and helpful. Suzi and the stylists did an incredible job. My flower arrangements were exactly what I envisioned. Use as many services as you can from the farm(linens, styling, organic flowers-grown on site!), and everything will truly come together for your perfect fairy tale! I would get married here 10 times over :) it was a perfect way to start our happily ever after.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katherine A

This venue was absolutely amazing! It was a dream wedding. We had the perfect weather, the perfect weather and the perfect staff! Everything was done beautifully and the staff was so helpful and on top of everything! I couldn't imagine a more beautiful wedding or day!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 kelsey s

Just beautiful! Jorgensen is an awesome place to have a beautiful, more casual wedding! Heather, Val and the rest of the staff were awesome to work with! If I had to make one suggestion for the future it would be to build either a cover over the restrooms or permanent... Read More bathrooms. They have umbrellas for guests to use to get out to them, but we all now how awkward trying to close one while opening/shutting the door and standing on the top of the steps can be! That being said, that alone did not deter from the beauty of the venue...if we could afford it, we would do it all over again! :)

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Alex M

I had an absolutely wonderful experience at Jorgensens! From the first time I viewed the farm, to the day of my wedding, everything was very well done. My wedding day wouldn't of gone as smoothly or stress free if it wasn't for the friendly and attentive staff! Would definitely... Read More recommend to any bride!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Adele W

Beautiful venue. A storybook location! Staff was easy to work with, accommodating and accessible. I highly recommend them.

Unique and Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Mary K

I knew Jorgensen Farms was the venue for us the very first time we stepped foot on the property. It was clear that they take what they do seriously, while appreciating the beauty and significance of the event. The Barn provided the perfect venue for our rustic affair,... Read More including a tasteful dining/dancing area, beautiful new bar and buffet area, and we opted for the firepit and some outdoor children's games as well. The surrounding areas provided a beautiful setting for pictures before the reception.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015

Kathryn, Val and the entire staff at Jorgensen Farms are the best!!! My daughter's wedding was held at Jorgensen Farm on Friday, July 24, 2015. The Farm was spectacular, as was the weather. Kathryn, the Wedding Coordinator at the farm made everything perfect. The week of... Read More the wedding we asked for a change of color in the linens, this was taken care of within minutes of asking. The night of the rehearsal dinner I suggested that some tables be moved. Kathryn said she would make it happen and she did. Jess and Ryan's wedding could not have gone any smoother or been more beautiful. If you are looking for a barn wedding, this is the place to go. Thank you again Jorgensen Farm for the most beautiful wedding.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Natalie D

GREAT EXPERIENCE! Katherine took care of us and patiently fielded all of our questions up to the big day. She was professional, patient, and did not neglect any details. The stunning beauty of the farm added to our day. A wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Liz P

I had my wedding at Jorgensen Farms in the Fall of 2014. I have hesitated writing this review because I truly would not have had our wedding anywhere else, but there were some serious issues that I believe anyone who is interested in this venue has a right to know. I signed my... Read More contract with Jorgensen over a year before our wedding date. In that time, the contract was changed SEVERAL times. No one bothered to make me aware of these changes. A few months before the wedding we had a meeting with the coordinator. We made plans for an indoor ceremony that would be flipped during cocktail hour for the reception. Everything was fine during that meeting. Our next meeting was one month before the wedding. It was at this meeting that I was told that my whole plan for the wedding had to be changed. The coordinator decided that having the ceremony AND reception indoors would no longer be possible unless I spent more money on staff or chose to leave the tables in the arena during the ceremony. This was absolutely mind boggling to me. Just a couple of months before, I was told that this would not be a problem at all. I was then also informed that contrary to my rental agreement, I was no longer allowed to store decorations on their property the week before the wedding and my setup time was completely taken away. I was told by the owner when I initially signed the contract that I had Friday evening to set up and Sunday morning to tear down. All of these things were a large determining factor in my choosing Jorgensen considering the small amount of decor in the barn (it had to be a DIY wedding). I let the coordinator know about my concerns and she did fix the storage situation, but she did not acknowledge any of my other problems. Although I was extremely upset, I chose to put all of this aside so I could enjoy our wedding day. Unfortunately, they put a damper on that day too. The morning of the wedding the coordinator dropped the bomb on me that all of my decorations had to be out of the barn by 11pm THAT NIGHT. My husband's and my family worked so hard after the wedding to clean up. My husband and I actually stayed for a while helping to clean as well (which we NEVER should have had to do!!) After all of this trouble, they called my father to let him know that we must have accidentally taken ONE of their mason jars home with us. He took it all the way back to them and a few weeks later we realized that our homemade cupcake stand had been left there. NO ONE bothered to call us about that. All this being said, Jorgensen is a beautiful place to be married, but be sure to keep documention of EVERYTHING you are promised. I believe that one of the main responsibilities of ANYONE in the wedding business is to be supportive of the brides vision and to add less stress to an already overwhelming situation. Jorgensen was the only stressful part of my wedding planning and I believe that says a lot about the way they do business.

August 31st, 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Taylor F

I recently had my wedding at Jorgensen Farms in Westerville, OH and my experience was great. The venue is absolutely beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. All of my guests commented on what a unique and wonderful place it was for a wedding. It ended up raining day-of... Read More so my outdoor ceremony needed to be moved indoors; the process was seamless and I can't thank them enough!

Perfect setting for a rustic wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Allyssa H

Jorgensen was great to work with from the beginning. It's hard not to fall in love with the natural beauty of the farm. We started working with Katherine, the onsite wedding coordinator, about 9 months before the wedding. Whenever I had any questions or changes to our ceremony... Read More or reception, I would just email Katherine and she would change it in her records. We met again a couple weeks before the wedding to confirm all the details. We were trying to figure out if we could use a family friends' street rod for my ceremony entrance and Katherine worked with us and the driver of the car to determine where he could drive on the field. He couldn't drive right up to the aisle but we still got good pictures with the car after the ceremony. Katherine was really helpful on the day of, I went out to the barn to look at the cake and noticed one of my centerpieces had blown over and the water had saturated the tablecloth. I found her and let her know and she took care of it within minutes. Also, after the reception started, some of my family asked if they fans could be turned on so I found Katherine and asked her and she had them turned on before I even got back to tell my family that she was taking care of it. Overall, we had a good experience with Jorgensen and would recommend them to other brides but I've also heard they raised their prices quite a bit for next year so it may not be as good of a value as it was for us.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Lauren B

I had my wedding at Jorgensen Farms in September and it was everything I had hoped for and more. I'm not a big fan of hotels or conference centers so Jorgensen Farms was the perfect fit for me. Everything turned out beautifully, HOWEVER, I did have quite a few issues when it... Read More came to working with and communicating with some of the staff at Jorgensen Farms. I did all of my center pieces through the farm which in my mind should've made things even easier but that ended up being a big source of stress for me. I emailed the person doing our flowers two weeks prior to our wedding and did not hear back from her until the day before our wedding - even after sending multiple emails. As any person who has had a wedding knows, the last thing you want to be doing the day before your wedding is worrying if you are going to have centerpieces!! Overall, the actual wedding outweighed any negative experience and I don't believe I would've gone elsewhere. I just think a little step up in the customer service would've gone a long way for me and while a wedding planner is included, I would suggest hiring your own wedding planner if it is in your budget.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Kayleigh D

I was married in the Flower Garden and my reception was held in the Arena Barn at Jorgensen Farms. The farm is really beautiful for an outdoor wedding and inside the barn would have made a perfect "Plan B" if we had inclement weather. The whole property is magazine worthy.... Read More The staff was fantastic to work with and really catered to my needs. The day of our wedding, Katherine and her assistant (also named Katherine) definitely brought their "A" game. They were on top of the set-up, schedule, and even at the end of the night asked the guests how they enjoyed themselves. We were truly blessed to have such amazing (and without a doubt calm & patient) professionals assist us with ensuring our wedding was perfect. Not to mention, the owner Val is a sweetheart. You would never have guessed that being a successful wedding venue is not the main purpose of this farm. My flowers (bridal party & centerpieces) were grown on the farm and were beautiful. Cassandra, the on-site at the farm, put the bouquets and centerpieces together for me and I could not have been happier and absolutely went well over my expectations. The only negative to Jorgensen Farms are the bathrooms. The farm runs on septic and therefore has a handful of "luxury" mobile bathrooms on-site. I felt the bathrooms were clean, spacious, and actually pretty nice but some of my guests could not get over the concept of restrooms on wheels. The yellow house, which is the house the bridal party uses to get ready, has a small powder room that the bride can utilize throughout the reception instead of the luxury restrooms outside. It's tight, but I feel had more space to move around in a large dress. If you are looking for a rustic/barn/outdoor event, Jorgensen Farms is the best venue in the area to have your event. The cost is a bit high, but worth every cent. My husband and I were very satisfied with the end result. I would definitely recommend this venue to a friend.

Beautiful farm venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Sam B

I always knew I wanted to get married outside. I checked out one other venue before visiting the farm but when I stepped onto Jorgensen Farms I knew it was the one. Luckily I started looking early so they had a lot of availability. I was able to pick my date. The price was a... Read More little steep for just a space rental buuuut it was so beautiful I knew it was worth it (unfortunately, they've more than doubled their prices). When I booked them they didn't have the event coordinator they have now and I really think I slipped through the cracks once they hired one. There were quite a few things we had to work out because they changed their contact 3-4 times after we signed (annoying) but we usually made it out on the right side. I received absolutely no emails or phone calls from the event coordinator during my planning, which made it difficult to plan the reception. We did eventually meet with the coordinator a couple weeks before my wedding, which was nice because I was finally able to get an idea of how the set up would be. They allowed us to have our rehearsal dinner on the farm, which was great because it gave us more time to put together the site that evening. I was so happy with the way everything turned out and how it all looked.