Josh Mariana Photography & Modern Videography

Pittsburgh, Southwestern PA, Tri-State Area & Destinations!

Creative wedding photography & video services.

Six-time "Best Of" winner and in TheKnot "Hall Of Fame," Josh Mariana Photography and Mariana Filmworks provide creative and professional photo & video services to the best clients in Pittsburgh. Gorgeous, natural photos and emotion-filled, memorable wedding films, just read our reviews!! Trust your memories to the best, contact Josh today for a free consultation!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Pittsburgh, Southwestern PA, Tri-State Area & Destinations! (412) 608-4938

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Stephanie C

I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Josh and his team. From my first e-mail inquiry, Josh made me feel comfortable and calm. At our engagement shoot (where we also did a "love story" video through Mariana Filmworks with his team -- highly recommend, everyone loved... Read More ours!), Josh made sure we felt relaxed and were having fun. He let us include our puppy, Han Solo, and really captured the essence of "us". On the wedding day, Josh's team was again a calming force. While they made sure they captured every moment, they were never "in our faces" which I love -- I hate when all anyone can see during the ceremony/reception is the photographer and/or videographer constantly in the way! The post ceremony pictures, which can often be tedious and boring, was a fun experience for our entire bridal party - we all could not stop smiling and laughing. We left the location for pictures up to Josh, and he nailed it with the Hot Metal Bridge -- close to our venue, and got the gorgeous Pittsburgh skyline in the background. Clearly, I could go on and on and on. I would recommend Josh in a heartbeat and we cannot wait to work with him again in the future!

2016-10-31T08:59:27 Response from the vendor

Talk about great clients, you and your entire bridal party were hilariously fun to work with!! It's been an honor getting to know you guys and I am glad to call you friends. I can't wait to be of service in the future. :) Talk... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Elisabeth

If you are looking for a photographer who can offer the full package, look no further! From our first skype meeting, Josh was extremely professional and easy to get a long with. His company offers photography, videography, and a photobooth which were all must haves for our... Read More wedding! It was convenient to have everything through one company! One of the things I enjoyed the most about Josh was his ability to make us laugh and feel comfortable throughout our engagement shoot and the day of our wedding. Our photos have us laughing instead of forced smiles. You can really tell the difference in the photos. He is prompt with emails and very easy to communicate with. I wouldn't change anything about working with Josh.

2017-03-08T11:00:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this glowing review Elisabeth!! It truly has been so much fun getting to know you guys. The whole team and I had a blast on your wedding day, it's so obvious that you two are made for each other and I... Read Less Read More

Professionalism, value, amazing end product

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Anna M

Photographers are unique in that they are providing both a service and a product. Lots of clients end up sacrificing one thing for the other...they work with a really nice photographer who responds quickly to requests and is a joy to work with, only to have mediocre... Read More photographs. Or they suffer through working with a rude, overbearing, or unresponsive photographer, all in the name of a great final product. Josh Mariana Photography is one of only a few vendors I've come across who EXCELS at both providing amazing service and a top notch final product. Through the entire process (initial meeting, contract, engagement session, wedding day, and beyond), Josh and his team were the picture of professionalism and efficiency. Josh responded to questions quickly before and after the wedding, and was flexible and accommodating on the big day. We worked with an amazing and enjoyable team, and in the end, walked away with final products that could not have been better (both photo and video). Value is another great selling point for Josh Mariana Photography. I know plenty of people who had similar experiences with their photographers, and were very pleased, but they also paid two to three times what my husband and I paid. I think it would be difficult for one to find a photographer of comparable quality in Pittsburgh at the same price point as Josh. I highly recommend Josh Mariana Photography.

2017-08-22T09:57:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Anna!! It was a real pleasure working with you and Josiah, your engagement session was pure fun and your wedding day was truly amazing! :)

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Alexandra R

I highly recommend Josh Mariana photography! I used him for both my engagement pictures and my wedding photos! I loved every single picture and he has such great ideas ! He also is very fast at getting your pictures to you !

2017-09-21T12:51:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind review Alex, it was so great working with you and Kenny and the whole family! Your wedding day was magical!! :) I look forward to working with all of you again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Alexa H

Josh was very professional and very easy to work with. When I had concerns or questions he had answers. I made some changes through out the process and it never phased him. He was always able to work with me. If I ever need professional pics done again, Josh would be the... Read More first person I would go to. Thanks Josh for making it a great experience!!

2017-08-30T10:31:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Alexa, you, Samantha & Jonathan and your whole family have been a real joy to work with!! :)

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Jonathan B

So far the service is great and hopefully continue to be that way

2017-08-30T10:30:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Jonathan, it's been a pleasure working with you guys!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Kris M

Josh Mariana and his crew did a fantastic job capturing our special day! Josh was so easy to work with throughout the whole process and is very attentive to your needs. They do such a great job during the big day and you barely even notice they are there. You will not be... Read More disappointed at all when you book Josh!

2017-08-22T09:59:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, it was my pleasure!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Maria L

I'm really not sure we could ever really articulate the amazing job that Josh and his team did on not only our wedding day photography but our wedding day video as well. They were able to capture our day in a way that transported us right back into those moments. They weren't... Read More intrusive. They didn't take away from the ceremony with the shuttering of their cameras. They didn't cut corners. They were there every step of the way, keeping smiles on our faces and making sure that every little detail was captured on film. Josh and his team are so easy to work with. They are prompt with email communication, answer any questions you may have and make sure that every "T" is crossed and every "I" dotted leading up to and on your wedding day. If you want to remember your wedding day with high-quality pictures and video that will last a lifetime, put your trust into Josh Mariana and his team. They will NOT let you down!

2017-08-22T10:00:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you Maria, it's been wonderful getting to know you guys over the last few years and your wedding day was simply incredible. Thank you for trusting your memories to us! :)

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Tony J

Was both casual and professional the whole night. Even with bad weather we were able to get a fair amount of outdoors shots. Everything felt fluid and not rushed, and the shots came out fantastic. Would definitely recommend them for any wedding or other event.

2017-08-22T10:00:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks Tony, it was my pleasure!! Best of luck!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Tony J

2017-08-22T10:01:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nolan, it was an honor to be a part of your special day. Thank you for entrusting your memories to me! :)

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Matt W

Honestly, if you are looking for the best then you can stop looking. Josh and his entire team went above and beyond all of our expectations. He also did all of our videography and we got a photo booth through him. All of it was incredible. I'd go above five stars if I could. If... Read More you want your day to be perfect then hire Josh.

2017-03-01T08:31:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Matt, it was truly a pleasure working with you and Elisabeth. We had so much fun on your wedding day! On behalf of my whole team, thank you for entrusting your memories to Josh Mariana Photography, Mariana Filmworks and Studio Anywhere. Best... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Debbie R

Josh Mariana recently photographed my daughters engagement and wedding. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful from the save the date, the engagement photos, to the guest book, to the wedding/reception! Josh and his team were wonderful to work with and the ideas they had... Read More for different photos were amazing!

2017-08-22T10:01:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lisa! You guys were great fun to work with and I truly appreciate your business!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caitlin S

Josh is fantastic. Easy to work with. His pictures are amazing! Fast at getting the products back to you in a timely fashion. Would definitely recommend him

2016-10-31T08:51:32 Response from the vendor

Your wedding day was so unique and full of laughter, it was a pleasure to be a part of it!! Thank you for the review! :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Angela T

After meeting with several photographers we were frustrated as most seemed to have confusing packages and were unwilling to customize & had egos. We booked Josh in our meeting with him because he came across as professional but relaxed, and his packages were so simple and easy... Read More to understand. He was also willing to customize one of his packages and was very accommodating with a tricky step-parent situation. Our engagement photos, save the date magnets and guestbook were all amazing, but we were even more thrilled with our wedding photos! Other than the family and bridal party photo time, we barely noticed Josh and Rebekah throughout the day, yet somehow they managed to capture moment after precious moment. The photos really do tell the story of our wedding day! Some of the reception/dancing photos had us laughing out loud, and they were so bright and crisp despite our venue being very dark. We also booked videography through Josh's other company, Mariana Filmworks, and the video team was just as professional and relaxed as Josh and Rebekah were. I highly recommend Josh and his team! I have told everyone I know who's getting married about them, and I can't wait to use Josh again in the future for photos as our family grows!

2016-10-31T08:52:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks Angie!! It was our pleasure to capture your wedding day memories! This review brought a smile to my face, I'll be sure to share it with Rebekah and the video/photobooth teams as well. Keep in touch!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Erin P

Josh & crew were a pleasure to work with! Josh is very prompt in responding to any questions and was very quick in turning around pictures. He's also very easy to get along with and makes the process feel natural. Not to mention the photos turned out great! I would definitely... Read More recommend Josh and plan to go back in the future for any family photo needs!

2016-10-31T08:53:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this great review Erin & Matt! I had so much fun being a part of your engagement and wedding day, I'm thrilled that you love the photos. :) I look forward to being of service in the future!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Libby K

Josh is the absolute best! He is super easy to work with and very understanding. We have had lots of bumps on the road to our wedding and Josh has been more than willing to reschedule and help us as much as he can. He calmed me down when our engagement pictures got completely... Read More rained out and rearranged his schedule to get them done as soon as possible for us! He does amazing work and i cannot wait to see how amazing he does on our wedding photos!!

2016-10-31T08:54:10 Response from the vendor

Libby, thank you for this review - I had a blast doing your engagement session, you two share a unique and special kind of love. I know the future is bright for you and Billy!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Brad B

I was in a wedding last June, and Josh was the photographer. I was just planning my proposal to my now wife (married 9/24/16), was not even engaged yet, but after watching how professional, talented, and fun Josh was, I knew I wanted him for our big day as well. He was our first... Read More e-mail when we got engaged -- we just had to have him! Our engagement pictures at the University of Pittsburgh were amazing, Josh made us feel comfortable and even worked in our dog Han. We also did a "Love Story" video through his videography company (Mariana Filmworks), which was something so different and special - our friends and family (and, most importantly, the two of us) loved it. Throughout planning, he was constantly reaching out and made everything so easy -- no question was a dumb question. On the big day, Josh and his entire team did an outstanding job. They were never in the way, kept my bride calm and happy, and made the whole picture process one of the best/most fun parts of our day. I highly recommend Josh and can't wait to work with him again in the future for other big events!

2016-10-31T08:58:21 Response from the vendor

From beginning to end you have been some of the best clients I've worked with. A complete joy to work with in every aspect. I'm happy to consider you friends and am so pleased the you're in love with all of the photos and products... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Nicole R

Josh was an absolute pleasure to work with. From beginning to end he did everything possible to make sure my husband and I were completely satisfied. He's laid back style made all the stress of a wedding day feel like a walk in the park. We had save the dates, wedding day... Read More photos, thank you cards and a wedding day album all done through Josh and we couldn't be more impressed with his professionalism and talent. Thanks to him we have pictures to cherish forever.

2016-10-31T08:55:23 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy that you're pleased with everything!! You guys have been a joy to get to know and I feel like we've been friends forever! :) I can't wait to be of service in the future... Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 David M

Words to describe Josh and his team: Professional, creative, hilarious, personal, comforting, talented, caring, impressive, courteous, engaging, INCREDIBLE. We cannot thank Josh and his team enough for capturing every beautiful moment we shared - from our engagement to our... Read More wedding day. The team eased our minds of any wedding day jitters, and made us laugh from start to finish. They treated us like friends, not clients. We are so grateful to have chosen Josh and his team to be part of our day - we can't imagine it any other way! The best investment we made by far.

2016-10-31T09:01:04 Response from the vendor

We have treated you like friends because that's what we are!! :) I have loved getting to know you guys over the last two years or so, from your engagement session through your wedding day, it's all been a pleasure and it has gone by... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Sarah M

Josh was so easy to work with from the time we signed the contract through the end of the process! Josh & his sidekick, Jesse were spectacular from the moment they arrived on our wedding day. So calm and open to ideas , they made the entire wedding party feel comfortable. Josh... Read More is not afraid to try any shot(s) that you may find on Pinterest ;) Communication and turnaround time was excellent. We used Josh for engagement and wedding photos. He produces awesome work and really takes the "work" of the bride & groom! We highly recommend Josh Mariana Photography !!!

2016-10-31T09:02:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this kind review Sarah & Shawn, you guys are so much fun to work with!! I'm glad that you're happy with all the photos and products, and I hope I can be of service in the future!! Best of luck!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Mallory K

Josh and his team went above and beyond our expectations! Josh was highly recommended to us through a family member, and my husband and I will be forever grateful for that! Josh took time to meet with us and from there on our personalities just clicked! Josh Mariana... Read More photography was so wonderful to work with, and not to mention, does truly amazing work. Josh did our engagement pictures, our save the dates, our love story video, our wedding day photography, videography, photobooth and guest book! I've received endless compliments on all of Josh Mariana Photography's work. My bridal party was amazed with Josh and his team, and how easy they were to work with. You barely even knew they were there while capturing the most perfect pictures that my husband and I will forever cherish. I know we will be using Josh Mariana Photography again in the future!

2016-06-14T15:44:24 Response from the vendor

M & D - It was truly my pleasure working with you both on your engagement and wedding photos & videography, and it was great seeing you so soon after the wedding for your family photos!! :) I wish you nothing but the very best... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Eleigha M

I recently got married October 2015. I used "theknot" to help me find the perfect photographer for me. From our very first phone call, Josh was extremely professional and such a great guy to work with! From our save the dates, guest book album, enagagement photos, wedding... Read More photos, wedding album and video...everything was exactly what we dreamed of and more! I get compliments on my wedding vendors all the time but mainly about our photos and video! Josh is highly highly recommended from us! I know your wont be disappointed hiring him to capture the best day of your life!

2016-06-14T15:47:10 Response from the vendor

E & L: Your wedding day was so perfect!! From the preparations all the way through to the reception, we had a wonderful time working with you to capture your wedding day memories. :) Your quick referrals of new clients since your wedding hinted that... Read Less Read More

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Josh provided a great service throughout the whole experience. Very flexible with our ideas and provided a lot of input on what would work best on the day. Josh and Rebekah were good sports and very professional on the day and the photos turned out even better than we'd hoped!... Read More One of the only aspects of the wedding that we had absolutely no problems with. So good that we returned to Josh a couple of months later for some photos of our new puppy! Can't recommend highly enough.

2016-06-14T15:50:14 Response from the vendor

M & J: You made it so very easy to make wonderful photos! From your beautiful personalities to the authentic and vibrant kilts, everything was set up so perfectly for me, it's hard to take credit!! And it was super fun seeing you so soon... Read Less Read More

Best Photographer in Pittsburgh

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Vanessa I

Josh Mariana Photography did an amazing job of capturing the beauty and joy of our wedding day. Josh is so easy to work with it doesn't even seem like he is taking pictures. He did our engagement photos, our save the dates, our wedding day photos, our wedding video, and our... Read More photo booth. Everything was absolutely perfect and our wedding photos capture how special this day was to us. Josh makes it easy to take pictures, he guides you through the process while laughing and joking with you. Josh takes the time to get to know you personally so he knows exactly what type of couple you are. I would give Josh 100 stars if I could and would be happy to recommend him to any bride in the future. I couldn't of asked for a better photographer and I am very happy we decided to go with Josh Mariana Photography for our big day! Thanks Josh!

2016-06-14T15:52:44 Response from the vendor

V & M: What can I say? To find such great clients is always special but to make such great friends is even more wonderful! Your engagement session was super fun and it truly was my pleasure to be a part of your wedding day.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Chelsea D

We chose to work with Josh mostly because of his professionalism and demeanor. We wanted someone who would be enjoyable and pleasant to work with, had the task covered and we wouldn't have to worry about anything, and bring a sense of calm to an otherwise hectic day. He did all... Read More this and more. Not to mention the quality of his photographs, he really captured our day and style wonderfully. He did a beautiful job. Josh also worked with us on our package and other requests. He was very responsive throughout the process and even provided other services like thank you cards and save the dates. Great experience and highly recommend.

2016-06-14T15:55:08 Response from the vendor

C & R: I'm so glad that you were happy with my services! It's always a treat to work with engaged clients who know all the right questions to ask. Your meticulous planning and attention to detail all played out wonderfully to create a magical... Read Less Read More

Josh Mariana

I've been married to my amazing wife Erin since 2003 and we have three beautiful young daughters named Elizabeth, Delia & Emma. They are my world!! :) I have been shooting weddings since 2008, and even after 150+ weddings and so many amazing clients, I still get excited every time I get to meet with newly engaged couples. To get to know them, and hear their stories & wedding plans is truly what keeps things fun and interesting! I'd love to meet you and show you what Josh Mariana Photography can do for you! Contact me today to schedule your free consult. [email protected]