Classic, Documentary, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Brooklyn, NY (347) 228-1064

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kate L

Josh was the utmost professional and we couldn't have been happier with the work he produced. Within 1-2 days he provided "sneak peak" pictures from our engagement shoot and wedding. Within a month of our wedding (even with the holidays added in), he had provided a full gallery... Read More of all of our photos, as well as a shorter viewing of pictures he handpicked, which we were able to distribute to family members right away. We also received the thumb drive of all of our high-res photos in the mail within a month of our wedding. Everything was done so quickly and professionally, we were thrilled! I can't stop smiling looking at our pictures. I will say, the day after the wedding, I was concerned that Josh may have missed some important pictures but after looking through the photos, I realized he captured everything I had wanted and more! He has a real skill at being unobtrusive!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kate L

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Stephanie J

Josh Strauss and his wife are the best wedding photographers EVER! (It is also great that they are fun people.) They are professional, personable and caring. Josh went to the venue the day before the ceremony at the same time as we were going to get there the next day to... Read More scout location with good light...that's dedication!!! If you look at his website you will see that he is a true artist. The photos are amazing, framed perfectly and don't even need to be edited! They are amazing and such a wonderful people. Also, get the photobooth, you won't regret it!

Artsy, Super Friendly, Fun and TALENTED

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 desiree B

What could I say about Josh, other than we LOVED every minute of working with him. Before we booked Josh (but we had met with him) our venue canceled on us. He went above and beyond and sent us about 10 different venues that he thought we might like (after getting a feel for the... Read More type of wedding we wanted). He said he felt errible this happened to us and whatever recommendations we needed or help he would ofer anything he could (keep in mind we hadn't even booked him yet-- but that didn't matter to him). This speaks to his character and one of the main reasons we went him (beyond his fantastic portfolio). The day of the event he was amazing. Got every shot we gave him to take and more! We just saw our "sneak peak" photos and can not wait to see the rest. If you are looking for a photojournalist photographer he is AMAZING!!!!! He is fun, kind and talented!!! I highly recommend him!

Solid, with good results

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Alyssa M

Our wedding was a raging success, partly thanks to Josh and his wife (acting as our 2nd photographer). He did our engagement session as well and we loved the results of both. We hired him based on his previous portfolio of capturing the really fun and quirky moments in weddings... Read More and throughout the day. Our reception was meant to be a giant party (much less formal than many weddings) and he captured it very well. The getting ready shots were spot on as well and the formal portraits were, well formal portraits. Stiff, sure, but that was us and you can't expect magic. Our problem with the pictures is that the ceremony shots weren't particularly good. We got married in a planetarium, which is difficult to shoot because of the low light, but that was stated beforehand and we anticipated it wouldn’t be a problem based on his portfolio of low light shots. That being said, the reception photos are fantastic and we’re thrilled with them and the mood that was captured in them. They were on time the day of and very fun to work with. Certainly unobtrusive, as he bills himself, and also flexible when it came to shooting what we wanted.

Josh Strauss

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Ben O

We had a really great wedding in Vermont in August and Josh was extremely professional, unobtrusive, and provided us with lifelong memories and friendship. He seemed to work his way around the room taking photographs of virtually every guest in a way that was very respectful and... Read More together. His photographs, communication skills, and artistic sensibilities have been unparralleled and we would highly reccomend Josh to any couple looking for a photographer. Josh is a great guy and a pleasure to work with. His photographs will be with us forever. Thanks, Love Ben and Ann

fantastic!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 AJA R

Josh and his wife are absolutely incredible! My husband and I had such an amazing experience with them at our wedding. They were a pleasure to work with and so so so so so so so talented. The pictures came out absolutely amazing!

above and beyond

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Katherine B

Josh Strauss was the perfect fit for our wedding - professional but laid back, an overall great guy and a joy to work with. He was flexible when it came to our budget and time schedule and had so many great ideas to improve our photos. Josh accommodated our ever random wish -... Read More from reenacting a picture my grandparents had taken at their wedding, to setting up a photo booth, complete with crazy costumes and prints our guests could take home. The whole experience was beyond amazing and so much of what made the wedding a success can be attributed to his professionalism and enthusiasm. Something unique to Josh was the lengths he went to to make sure we felt confident and relaxed - I could tell he takes great joy in what he does and just wants to make sure everyone is having a good time. After that magical night, I could hardly wait to see the results - and they did not disappoint! Josh's pictures captured the atmosphere of our wedding - a bit romantic, a bit modern and all Brooklyn. He didn't miss a single detail and I especially have to rave about all the great candid shots he got of our friends and family enjoying themselves. Thanks to his work, we can relive that wonderful day anytime just by opening our wedding album.

The Bomb.com : )

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 angel F

Wow! I just got my pictures back from Josh last night and I really loved him. He was so easy to work with and he was really unobtrusive when it came to getting great shots. I know my friends were all in his way trying to take Thier own pictures! He never complained. He did a... Read More really womderful job and was super professional. We had a extremely limited budget but I knew I had to have nice pictures of this day. We got married in the courthouse down town manhattan and Josh had us looking like we had a big 50,000k wedding! I really wanted photojournalistic style pictures that were not all cheesy and posed. While we did do several posed shots none of them were cheesy : ) and we all looked like we were having a great day. If you want great modern photos of your day go with Josh because he is thebomb.com ; )

More than photos

Reviewed on 7/13/2011 Kimberly

My wedding took place on May 28, 2011 in my aunt's backyard in NJ. I found Josh through the knot. My fiance and I met him in NY months before and fell in love with him, his photos, and the work he did. Josh had a story for each picture he showed us. We felt comfortable and... Read More excited about him from the start. We just picked up our photos from Josh this week and I can't stop smiling when I think about them. They are more than I could have expected. Josh and his partner (and wife) Jess were every where at our wedding. They were not intrusive at all. My whole family and all of our friends raved about how they must have took so many pictures because they were every where and never in the way. Josh and Jess were more than photographers to us. They have now become friends. They are such good people. Both of them care about the wedding and the bride and groom's vision. We connected so well and everyone felt comfortable with them. I would recommend Josh and Jess a million times over. I can't thank them enough for the beautiful pictures they took of everything that happened that day. From emotional ones to hilarious candids, it was everything I could have ever wanted from a photographer. I am more than satisfied. I am looking for an excuse in the future to use them again for some event. They do more than take photos. They capture the love between 2 people, the bonding of the families, and the fun all the guests have. They capture a whole day that is one of the most special in someones life, and they do it beautifully.

Wedding Photographer Extraordinaire

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 anjula d

Our DIY wedding was planned with very little advance notice. We found Josh by way of the knot and were very happy to know that he was available and excited to learn more about what we had in mind for our big day. In looking at his site, his portfolio, it was clear that he... Read More had plenty of experience in working in various settings, including his fair share of DIY weddings. We must have spent hours looking through all of his photos. Josh doesn't just capture typical wedding poses, he captures moments, feelings, memories that will last a lifetime. His photographs captured the essence of our big day in a way that we are truly grateful for. Josh knows how to capture every important moment with skill and great attention to detail. He knew exactly where to tell us to go, what to have us do & when to step back and let us just do our thing. His pictures and his service definitely exceeded our expectations. He's a pro, with a laid back and easy to work with demeanor.

Josh is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Kimberlee B

When we first saw Josh's portfolio online we fell in love. We both thought he captured life and humor and love in a way that really popped off the screen. We had to meet him, so we did, and he was great... friendly, calming, funny. We felt very comfortable with him, as if we had... Read More known him for years. Then on the day of, there was a bike race and we thought no one was going to make it on time and were freaking out. Josh was not only there on time, but he was calm and in a good mood. He calmed us down, well, to be honest, more me than my now husband, who wasn't freaking out like I was. :) Josh brought us back to ourselves. We did the formals before the ceremony, at his suggestion, so we could enjoy the party and it was great. He was a safe and kind and non-obtrusive presence. He was really wonderful. Turned out, everyone got there and the rest of the day was magical. We had only booked him for a certain number of hours, and things were running late, so for not that much more money we were able to keep him a little longer. When we asked him to stay, it wasn't even a question. He was totally there. And I was so happy he was the one capturing one of the biggest, most important days of our life together. When we saw the pictures afterward we were even more thrilled with him! They were amazing! They captured our spirit, our personalities, our love. He caught it, all on film, and now, for the rest of our lives, we will be able to look back on moments, true moments, nothing stuffy or fake or overly posed, and be grateful to see what we could not see on that day because we were so in it. I highly highly recommend Josh for his presence and professionalism and talent. He's worth every penny and more!