Joshua Tyi Photography

A Variety/Blend of Styles

926 Yale St., Houston, TX

Very Flexible

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Amanda C

He was spectacular. He was very willing to roll with everything. We did not have a planner so it was a little bit of a bumpy ride. He was a lot of fun to have around too. He kept everything so fluid and fun. I was nervous about all the pictures and he kept it light. Oh and the best was the way he dressed! He had a very sharp blue shirt and vest with a red bowtie. If there are any Whovians out there you know why it was soo neat. I will say that this is not his "real" job but his hobby. That is maybe why he was so great to work with.

Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 My L

He is an excellent photographer with endless ideas to bring the best out of you. He's laid back and easy to work with. We flew him out to California to take ur engagement pictures and they were amazing!!! We were glad to have him there to capture the precious moments on our big day!

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Kate W

Josh is not only incredibly talented, but a joy to work with. Everyone gushed over both our engagment and wedding photos. They were fun and unique, but still loved by the mothers and grandmothers. He communicated well and often and was always easy to talk too. He took the restrictions at the church in stride, and still produced incredibly beautiful pictures, both posed and spontaneous. We couldn't have been happier.

AMAZING :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Brittany B

Josh was a phenomonal wedding photographer! We got married on 10-23-11 and he already has our photographs done! He did an amazing job at communicating with us whether through email or through text message. He even met up with us on the side to discuss some details for our wedding. He was fun and energetic the entire time and didn't miss a beat. If I had to do this all over again, I would choose Josh! He even surprised us with a second photographer!! My husband and I are very pleased with his work and we will definitely be recomending him. Thanks for all your hard work!

Fabulous Photographer!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Lauren C

Josh is great to work with. He is very laid back yet takes great, candid photos. His style is a little bit artsy but that is what initially drew me to him. We did an engagement session in addition to having him there on our wedding day. On the wedding day, he came early and stayed late. He also got our pictures back to us in 2 weeks. They are memories I will always treasure. I would recommend Josh for sure!

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Lindie J

I probably researched every photographer in the Houston city area and couldn't find one that quite fit between packages pricing and their quality of work. My wedding coordinator suggested Josh, and i immediately fell in love with his website portfolio. It turns out he studied under one of the best photographers in Houston, and his work definitely reflects this, along with his obvious natural talents. Josh was a breeze to work with, he made you feel so comfortable, and very special as if you were his only client. He was even able to handle my husband trying to take over the engagement shoot and was always up for anything. I had wanted some prints to display at our reception from my bridal shoot, and when i told him we didn't have them the day of the wedding because we thought they hadn't come in (our fault, someone thought they were a wedding present) he immediately got to work and within a few hours they magically appeared just in time. He also helped me pick out the prints to begin with, as i was too overloaded with other details. I do not believe any other photographer would have gone to such extrordinary lengths. To top it all off there was a surprise that he had set up at the reception, i wont spoil it for the future brides, but you will love it. :) Joshua's package pricing (and what was actually offered with them) and turn around time were amazing. We had our wedding pictures back to us by the time we got back from our extended honeymoon. His response time was the fastest of any of my vendors, usually within a few hours. I would definitely recommend Joshua Tyi to anyone wanting an affordable, easy going, talented photographer for the most special day of your life, you won't regret it!

Talented, affordable, and a joy to work with

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Amanda I

Most wedding photographers rely on gimmicks - angled shots, color saturation, cliche poses, etc. to get stunning shots. Josh's talent requires zero gimmicks - he can capture a small emotion in a ton of chaos and there are images from our wedding that belong in an art gallery. We looked at similar photographers that went for 4x the cost and with half the hours available the day of the wedding. Personally, my husband and I think he undercharged, but we didn't tell him that. Lol. His packages were great and he was flexible with the packages he offers. We went with his middle of the road package that included a bridal session, engagement session, 3 high quality metallic prints (that turned out awesome, btw), 10 hours of wedding coverage, and a second photographer. We didn't want a bridal session, and he was 100% on board with doing two engagement sessions: one where we did a cake fight, and one where it was more formal. He was a joy to work with and his turn around time was incredible. Josh has a great personality that made us feel comfortable the day of the wedding. He was confident directing us what to do, but 90% of the time I didn't even notice him (which is exactly what I wanted). He was highly responsive via email and phone, and he's active on facebook. I would recommend Josh to any bride that is looking for a fantastic photographer at a reasonable price.

Perfect Photographer!

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 angela p

Josh took the most amazing pictures. He also made me feel very comfortable. He is confident in his ablities as he should be. I could not have asked for more! From the engagements, bridals, and wedding photos everything was PERFECT!

Great eye

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Melissa B

Josh was a real a pleasure to work with! Great quality at an affordable price. I feel like I got amazing pictures at a deal! Easy to work with. Very reliable.

Send Email