Joslyn Art Museum

Omaha, NE

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Make your wedding a work of art!

$$$

Guest Capacity

Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2200 Dodge St, Omaha, NE

Pure class at Joslyn Art Musem

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Diane B

I planned my wedding long-distance, and chose the Joslyn after reviewing a few other options in the Omaha area. My fiance and I met with Rachel (events coordinator) and Dawn (catering coordinator), and we instantly loved working with them. They have everything under control, and they have a way of making everything fun, even when it gets stressful. The cost was well worth it. We did our ceremony and reception both at Joslyn. Ceremony on Strauss Bridge, reception in the Con Agra pavilion. It was fun to have our guests tour the gallery during cocktail hour. I can't stress enough how helpful Dawn and Rachel are. And it was fun to have a drinks station in our getting-ready rooms ahead of the ceremony.

Dreamer

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Rashelle S

The Joslyn was a wonderful place to get married. We rented it for the wedding and reception for an indoor celebration in July. The sky lights made the sunset look gorgeous. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Most beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Hannah N

The Joslyn Fountain court was beautiful. You must use Hap Abraham catering, although that is standard for most of the nicer locations in down.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Emily M

My wedding ceremony took place in the Joslyn Art Museum Fountain Room and it was incredible! It was much cooler on a hot June day than then the atrium location in the same location. We did a send off at the end of the ceremony and ran down the main stairs outside and it was like being in a movie! This was a great location since the church we attend was too small. We wanted a religious ceremony but didn't feel comfortable getting married in a church that wasn't where we attended. Joslyn ended up as the perfect solution!

Simple, Elegant and Easy

Reviewed on 1/08/2013 Holly E

If you are getting married in Omaha and want a beautiful reception with very little hassle, this is the place. We used the Fountain court for our reception of 250 people. Candace made everything easy. Abraham's catering was delicious and had great selection. Mimi was responsive and very helpful. I planned my wedding from out of town, and they helped reduce the stress of that situation tenfold. I had friends from all over the world say it was one of the most beautiful wedding spaces they had been in.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Elizabeth D

Joslyn Art Museum wasn't actually my first choice for my ceremony venue. But, in the end I couldn't have been happier that I made that choice. Not only was the venue BEAUTIFUL (we had our ceremony on the Strauss Bridge, it sat about 160 people), but our event coordinator, Candace, was a delight to work with. She handled every aspect including setting programs on the seats, showing people where to sit, gathering the wedding party when it was time to go, and making sure that no one had a panic attack. The venue was beautiful and the ceremony was perfect. It's a little pricey, but beautiful artwork and attention to detail you receive makes up for it. I would HIGHLY recommend checking this venue out.

Dream Reception

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Liz R

Absolutely beautiful. It was everything I dreamed of and more. Candace was an amazing event coordinator and eased the stress of planning a wedding significantly. Having her made the cost of the museum worth every penny. She was there from day one and was very prompt in communicating through phone and email. She was very accommodating and so easy to work with. She made the reception flow SO smoothly and even tolerated our crazy guests. Mimi, with Abraham Catering, was outstanding and very professional. Unfortunately, there were hidden costs that were not expected, such as paying for security, linens, and an insurance policy, but overall worth the cost. Guests were impressed by the beautiful decor, which really only consisted of flowers because of the beautiful atmosphere. I wouldn't have chosen any other venue in Omaha for my reception.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/03/2012 Bridget S

I loved having my wedding reception at the art museum. It is pricey, but I think the Storz fountain is so beautiful. Not everything went perfectly the night of - they were supposed to dim the lights and put out the extra cake - but besides that things went really smoothly. Since the caterer is exclusive, be prepared to pay a little bit more. (Abrahams catering menu is more expensive than their regular menu since they are the only allowed caterer at the museum.) Abrahams catering delivers though, they are really the best in Omaha I think, so you are getting the quality even if it does end up costing more.

No Parallel, No Contest. The Joslyn is The Best.

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Katherine P

There is no rival to a wedding at The Joslyn Art Museum. The experience my husband and I had at our August 13th reception and the amazing time our guests also had could not have been duplicated anywhere else. Candace, the Event Manager, was wonderful to work with and made our day perfect and effortless. Her experience and organization let my husband and I enjoy each other rather than organizing and giving direction during the reception. Hap Abraham Catering served amazing food to our guests and we still receive compliments on the food months later! Our reception at Joslyn was effortlessly elegant and a memorable experience for our guests. Because Joslyn has such an unparalleled atmosphere, we did not have to create elegance through expensive, elaborate decorations. The Atrium spoke for itself. Last but not least the staff at The Joslyn was amazing and provided us with a wonderful, warm experience. We could not have been happier and remember our wedding with the most wonderful memories! I wish every bride could be as lucky to have their wedding at this wonderful venue! Thank you Candace!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Corinne S

Beautiful building and wonderful staff, I would highly recommend!

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Lauren W

The Joslyn art museum was a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception. The natural beauty of the building is priceless!

Spring 2011 Wedding

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Kelly D

We had our wedding at the Art Museum. Be careful when reading the contract, as we found out, even if the coordinator says certain items (such as linens) are included in the price, it is not so. You will get a $300 bill after your wedding stating you still owe them for those not included linens. The price was about $4500 for rental and you also have to take out an insurance policy for the night you rent the venue. They also try to get more money out of you, by renting you AV equipment. DONT FALL FOR IT! It was nearly $1000 to play an 8 minute video! I went with my DJ's equipment that cost $100 and was everything I needed. The coordinator, Candace is very nice and very helpful, even on the day of and rehearsal. Just hope she doesn't go on maternity leave again and leave you to fend against the catering coordinator who is not as nice to work with. Overall, I would say this is a good place to have your wedding. All of my guests commented on how beautiful it is and enjoyed their time looking through the art gallery before the wedding. You also don't need to decorate that much (in the fountain room and bridge.) For a bride who wants a cheaper venue, this is not the place. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend for the pretty rooms.

Unique and beautiful venue

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Tracey M

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Fountain Court in the museum. Our guests continually commented on how great the venue was and there were a ton of options for pictures. We loved the space and didn't feel like there were many other places in the area that could compete.

Venue

Reviewed on 2/02/2011 Crystal K

The space was stunning and the staff was excellent in coordinating the event and making it go off with out a hitch.

great

Reviewed on 10/31/2010 ang f

awesome

Best place ever!

Reviewed on 9/19/2010 Tonya V

Joslyn Art Museum was the perfect place for a wedding reception! It was absolutely gorgeous, and the reception flowed flawlessly. The staff was great!

TO Joslyn Art Museum