Joy Michelle Photography

Serving MD/DC/VA/DE & Available for travel worldwide

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

DC/ MD/ VA , Baltimore, MD Serving MD/DC/VA/DE & Available for travel worldwide (443) 286-4646

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Mary Alex H

Joy Michelle is absolutely amazing! I highly encourage you to stop your photographer search and just go ahead and book her! You will not regret it! Joy photographed both our engagement shoot and wedding day – totaling over 1,000 in pictures and there seriously isn’t one shot I... Read More wouldn’t frame. They are all stunning! Not only is Joy’s work amazing, she is also so sweet and easy to work with and makes you feel totally comfortable posing/ fake smiling/ fake giggling for the perfect shot! She is also very organized and pays close attention to detail to ensure everything run smoothly on your wedding day (which is much appreciated when you have different venders with competing timelines). I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer – Joy certainly exceeds expectations and delivers!! Thanks so much, Joy & team!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Cheryl J

We are so happy that we hired Joy for our wedding photos! We met Joy about a year before our wedding at our venue’s vendor open house and my fiancé and I immediately knew we liked her! She is so personable and professional, not mention extremely sweet and VERY talented! We... Read More quickly made the decision to hire Joy after talking with her and I’m so happy we did! Joy and her team arrived on time and were SO pleasant to work with all day. I was definitely feeling a little anxious the morning of my wedding as we got closer and closer to my first look but Joy and her team were a breath of fresh air! Joy LOVES what she does and it was so evident when she showed up to my hotel room the morning of the wedding. I couldn’t believe how excited she was – she made me feel so special. As a bride, we know that the vendors we work with have done this 1,000 times before and sometimes we’re just another wedding to them– but Joy will never make you feel that way. I truly believe she makes each and every one of her brides feel just as special as she made me feel the morning of my wedding! Joy always had a smile on her face and never seemed to get flustered. This was especially noticeable for me because we had some stressful moments throughout the day (crying babies, broken shoe, parking issues, etc!) but Joy and her team kept going and did a really good job at keeping me calm as well. My timeline was extremely tight. Prior to the wedding, Joy helped me a lot with the planning of the timeline. She was always available through email and phone whenever I had a question and that was really important to me. Joy’s assistant Rebekah is absolutely amazing as well. During one of our dance sets at the reception, someone stepped on the train of my dress causing it to come undone and one of the buttons completely popped of. Rebekkah was there in a heart-beat with a needle and thread –and literally sewed my train back up so that I didn’t have to worry about it the rest of the night. This is not something I would have ever expected when I hired Joy and her team but I’m so happy they were there! I don’t think all photographers provide as great a service as Joy Michelle – she really is one of a kind! If you hire her, you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Madeline C

Working with Joy Michelle was the best experience from start to finish! She was sweet and professional, and it felt like I was working with a girlfriend. I wasn't a local bride, but she easily worked with me over the phone and through email. She has an unbelievable eye & the... Read More most romantic and classic style, and she was totally up for it when people in the wedding party had spur-of-the-moment silly photo ideas. Her team worked tirelessly all day and they gave us so many gorgeous, magical, magazine-worthy photos of our special day. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Nguyen N

Where do I begin to tell the future brides out there how amazing Joy and her team are. We were so extremely fortunate to work with Joy. If you are looking for a fabulous photographer for your special day, Joy is THE ONE! There are so many details that I wanted to document on my... Read More special day and I didn't have to tell Joy because she already knew. Joy and her team captured them all perfectly so that we can enjoy the special moments for years to come! We have been married for 26 days, and I literally look at the images that Joy sent us every night to re-visit our special day. It's extremely important that you hire the best photographer to capture your special day because it goes by so fast. My husband hired Joy for my surprise proposal. We fell in love with her fine art and her personality. Joy is on point. We hired her again for our engagement party. O.M.G she definitively has skills because our photos were amazing. I'm very comfortable with taking photos, but my husband not so much. Thankfully Joy made the process extremely easy and enjoyable for both my husband and me. On our wedding day, Joy and her team arrived early to check out the venue and to make sure she find the perfect spot for photos. She is not only amazing with her detail-oriented fine art photography, but also so helpful on the wedding day. And let me tell you about her assistant Rebekah, she is the best!!! She went above and beyond to help hold my lip sticks, my vows, and she made sure that my bouquet and escort table flowers got fixed. She reassured me that everything will be okay and constantly checked up on me to make sure I was doing okay. I could go on and on about Joy and her team but you get the picture. I don’t know about you but I’m going to hire her for my maternity photos when that day comes :)

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Whitney S

Joy is absolutely amazing. Not only is quality of work exceptional but she also makes the process extremely easy and enjoyable. She came with two assistants on our wedding day and both of them were amazing too. She put everyone in the bridal party at ease with the way she did... Read More things. She had a whole timeline set up that she planned with me before the actual day and took care of everything. She also is very flexible and is up for everything that creates a good shot. On our wedding day it was raining until right before the ceremony and that didn't keep her from taking us outside (as long as I was fine with It). She's makes the entire day flawless not matter what hurdles arise and provides stunning pictures.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Emily B

I could not have asked for a better photographer! From the moment Joy and her assistant arrived (early) she was ready to go and began capturing the moment. My husband and I felt so comfortable and she was fantastic at directing us. She managed a tight timeline following our... Read More ceremony for portraits and even managed to get stunning shots of everyone in the blustery cold. At the reception it was easy to enjoy knowing that she was capturing every meaningful moment. Our album truly reflects the memories from that day. I look forward to finding another reason to work with her! I highly recommend her to any bride!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Gabriella R

Joy exceeded our expectations in all aspects of the wedding process. From our first meeting to the last email she was prompt and ready to ease our nerves by answering any questions we had. During the planning stage she was always willing to offer her advice and assistance in any... Read More way possible, whether it he helping design a color palette or drafting a wedding day schedule. Now getting to her photos - Joy is one of the most talented photographers you will ever meet! She has an uncanny ability to put you at ease and make you feel comfortable in front of the lens. Her photos have a soft, elegant feel to them and we feel so blessed to have been able to work with her. We will cherish her photos for years to come. Thank you for everything Joy!

2016-11-28T09:09:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet words! Photographing your wedding day was an honor!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Casi D

My fiancé and I had the best time with Joy. She was relaxed and happy which helped us to relax and take that experience in. She was more than detailed and allowed us to be natural in a setting that was very special to us – Harper’s Ferry. It’s the location where my fiancé asked... Read More me to be his wife. Joy is an absolute delight and so supportive of our upcoming marriage and has become a wonderful friend in the process. And to top it off she captured us perfectly and the images came out better then we could have ever anticipated. We will cherish these special images and our time with Joy forever.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bridgette J

Joy was so easy to work with and the quality of her work was above and beyond what I could have hoped for! She captured our day so beautifully and made the whole process fun and painless. I highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jamie H

Joy and her team completely blew us away. We had a lot of last-minute changes to our wedding due to rain in the days leading up to and on the day of the wedding. Even with many less-than-ideal conditions, they rolled with the punches and captured stunning photos that we will... Read More treasure forever. Opening the gallery for the first time brought me to tears!

2016-11-28T09:12:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had a blast at your wedding! Even a little rain could not dampen the beauty of your day!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Katelyn K

Joy is absolutely incredible!! Our Engagement and Wedding photos were unbelievably beautiful. She is so talented and very easy to work with! On the day of our wedding, Joy made us feel so relaxed and kept us smiling through every second. She captured all the important moments so... Read More beautifully and artistically. Now we have have a way to look back at wonderful memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Joy and her team were fantastic! They showed up early very prepared and ready to take on the busy day. Even through the chaos they made everyone feel comfortable and she made shooting big family photos seem like a breeze! Not to mention the photos are gorgeous. She captured the... Read More natural joy and candid fun throughout the whole night. Knowing that I have such beautiful memories captured by beautiful photographs to look at forever is priceless. My friends and family have raved about the quality of the photographs. They are sent in such an easy form to share and download so that everyone can enjoy looking through the big day. I can't say enough about Joy. One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Josie D

Joy was the best!

2016-06-23T08:55:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for leaving this review! It was a honor to be a part of your wedding story!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Tara B

I can’t say enough about how amazing it was to have Joy as our wedding photographer. At our first meeting with her, I knew that I wanted her to photograph our special day. She was so excited to know about how we met and how Russell proposed. You could immediately see her... Read More passion, talent and excitement about what she does. When I told her for our engagement shoot I wanted to go to Orioles Park to surprise Russell, she was so supportive and excited. She always was quick to respond to any questions or ideas I wanted to run by her. During our engagement shoot, I was nervous but I immediately felt comfortable once Joy told us to be ourselves and not worry about everything. It quickly became like we were hanging out with a friend who was just taking a photo of us as we went along with our day. After seeing the engagement photos, I was even more excited for our wedding day and I had no worries that it would go perfectly smooth. With our wedding photos she captured every little detail that I wanted to be photographed without having to even tell her. She helped ease my nerves and allowed me to have one less thing to worry about. After the wedding my bridal party and parents talked about how sweet and professional she was and once the pictures came out everyone raved about how amazing all the photos were and how everything looked so natural and beautiful. I got married in the fall and I still go back and relive the day through the photos every few weeks. I can’t wait to have Joy capture other special moments in our life in the future. Thank you Joy for the amazing photos of our Wedding- they make me smile every time.

The Perfect Decision!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Christine S

I cannot say enough great things about Joy - best decision ever! I found Joy after browsing wedding blogs and photos throughout the Maryland area. After meeting with her through Skype, I was sold on having Joy document our Baltimore wedding! For our engagement session, Joy... Read More recommended an amazing little winery for our engagement photos. My fiance and I are not the type of people that take photos well - especially my fiance (people often tease him for the faces he ends up making in photos). So we were a little nervous to say the least! However, as soon as we met Joy and started the session, our worries went away. She totally brought us out of our shells and the engagement session went off without a hitch. The results were amazing - we LOVED the photos!! Fast forward to our January winter wedding - the perfect day! If I can say one thing that I was not worried about as the day approached, it was the photography! She communicated with me throughout the planning process, and also gave me a recommended timeline for the day, which was SO helpful. Joy, her second photographer, and her assistant showed up early to get the day started, and even stayed a little past their scheduled departure time. We spent so much of the day with Joy and her team, and she is such a professional. I cannot stress enough how lucky we felt to have such a great person capture our day. Joy had sneak peak photos within days of the wedding, and we received all of the photos a little after two weeks! We, along with our friends and families, love all of the photos so much - Joy, we can't thank you enough for being a part of our big day!

Joy Michelle Photography

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Kathlyn K

Joy is an incredible photographer! She's so knowledgable and flexible. Joy captured my wedding day perfectly and I love being able to relive my wedding day through Joy's pictures! I would recommend her to anyone!

Wedding Photos were better than we'd hoped for!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Kelly E

Joy is so very talented. Easy to work with, makes you feel totally comfortable in front of the camera, a total professional. Not only did my husband and I enjoy working with her, but our wedding party raved about her as well. We keep getting such great feedback on our wedding... Read More photos. I would recommend her over and over again. I should also add that she was more competitively priced that some of the other vendors we priced out, which is always a bonus!

2015-09-29T14:26:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kelly! I had a blast at yours and John's wedding!

Simply the best

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Anna J

If I had to do it all over, I would pick Joy Michelle Photography again and again for our wedding photography. From our engagement shoot (which is included in her package) to our wedding day (and all of the e-mails in between!), she is incredibly talented, nice, and... Read More professional. She really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and had so many great pose ideas for our sessions. She also made sure to include specific shots that I had wanted for our wedding portraits. In addition to all of this, Joy has a gift for details--from candids of our flower girls to reception decor, our wedding gallery truly captures the spirit of our wedding day. We received our full photo gallery in under two weeks, and will cherish these pictures for years to come. You can't go wrong with Joy!

2015-07-28T08:37:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this review! I had such a blast being a part of your day and documenting all of your moments! Best wishes to you both as you begin married life! :)

One word: Phenomenal.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Katrina S

As as soon as we met Joy, we knew that we wanted her to be our photographer for the wedding. She was sweet and professional. You could tell she took great pride in her work and that was very important to us. We did an engagement shoot with her before the wedding which was so... Read More much fun. She made us feel comfortable and was able to capture the cutest moments. We hardly ever take picture of ourselves and didn't really know what to do but she had great ideas and walked us through the whole thing. When it came to the wedding day, she came early and ready to go! She was friendly with everyone and blended right in. We received our beautiful photos in a timely manner, and they were all very high quality. We loved her style and how she was able to mix both portraits with a photojournalistic flare. She was able to capture all of our family and friends in their element. The joy, love, laughter, and celebration was seen in every picture she got. We would recommend her over and over again to anyone looking for a photographer. You will be so happy if you go with Joy!!! :)

Reviewed on 5/30/2015

Joy recently photographed our DC wedding. From the very first time my husband and I met her, she was incredible to work with and just an extremely nice and sweet person. At our wedding, everyone raved about how professional and easygoing she was. We received our photos from her... Read More way earlier than I would have ever expected and they are GORGEOUS. She is truly talented and captured our wedding in the most stunning way. We are so grateful to have worked with her!!

2015-06-09T08:57:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this review! It was an honor to be a part of your day!!

Creative and Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 kimberly p

Joy is such a talented and thoughtful photographer who really knows how to pull out the special details so that your pictures jump from film to real life.

IF YOU WANT THE BEST

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Rebekah M

Joy is the BEST! I am obsessed with the pictures she captured from our engagement session! I am so excited for my wedding because I know that the moments from the best day of my life will be captured for me to keep forever!! She gave me exactly what I asked for! Chose Joy!

Goes above and beyond!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Britni C

I loved working with Joy from Joy Michelle Photography!!! She was a delight in every avenue. First of all, her pictures are gorgeous. She captured so many little moments that really make out wedding come back to life when we look through our album. She also is super creative and... Read More great with giving ideas. For our engagement shoot, I gave Joy very vague thoughts about what vibe I was going for, and she scouted out a beautiful location, and came up with really brilliant ways to capture the atmosphere I was going for, even though I wasn't very specific. She also did some album design for us and it was breathtaking! We had a photo guest book and she did a great job balancing the photos with places for people to sign and telling a story through the picture! Finally, she is just the nicest person ever. She was very easy to work with, and always made us feel comfortable. She gave us way more than we paid for (and was even really really generous with me when I missed a few of her emails). You will not regret choosing her! She is the best!

Great photos...

Reviewed on 7/13/2014

Joy Michelle Photography did a styled shoot that my headpieces were featured in. The photos came out so beautiful! I would highly recommend Joy for wedding photos.

Bohemian styled shoot

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Amy M

Joy captured absolutely stunning images of a styled shoot that we collaborated on. She was professional, kind, and thoughtful. Her work is amazing, and I hope to work with her again in the future.