Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion Services, Fashion

2270 US 74A Bypass, Forest City, NC (828) 245-0454

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Alicia S

My heart is broken over what used to be a gorgeous gown. I dropped my Allure gown off at Joy's for alterations and cleaning in November knowing I'd need to beat the prom rush for my 4/30/16 wedding. I went for my first fitting and left feeling confident that the alterations... Read More would be great. I went back in January for my next fitting only to find a dress so tight it wouldn't zip and 4 of the 7 layers of dress missing. The owner, Joyce, assured me they would make it right or replace the dress. For my 2nd fitting, the layers were located (apparently the owner took them home to clean them, but didn't find that information to be useful to me when I was crying in her shop) and put back into the dress in the incorrect order. All the pins were taken out during the cleaning process and the seamstress "eyeballed" the alterations based on what she thought the dress needed. I took my time to travel to a bridal shop that had my dress on the floor to photograph each layer and give them a great idea of how the dress was to look, but those photos supposedly were never shared with the seamstress. The dress was headed in a bit of a better direction so I gave them one more shot to correct the plethora of mistakes made (uneven layers, lace bunched, holes in the lace, issues with fit and form of the dress, among many other things). I should have taken the gown and run the first time. Last weekend, 4 weeks before my wedding, the dress was in complete disarray. The fit was wrong and it simply does not even look like the same dress. I sent the owner an email explaining my disappointment and outlining details of what was wrong and asked what she would do to rectify the situation. She told my mother on the phone and emailed me that the dress was ready for pick up and had been for weeks. I sent another email requesting a plan to resolve the issues. She then proceeded to call me and let me know that she would not be doing anything to compensate me for the trouble and that the dress was fine having never seen me in it. She held my dress for ransom; I had to pay her for the alterations that ruined my gown to get it back to take it to another seamstress. It was determined after over an hour of inspection that there is very little to be done to save my dress. I am 3 weeks out from my wedding with no wedding dress to wear and no budget for a new $2000 dress. The owner on the phone let me know that if I wanted to do things "the ugly way" that I should know that I wasn't "getting no $2000 out of" her and also said that she didn't want to be there when I came to get the dress. Joy's Bridal has turned my dream dress and investment into a nightmare and a complete loss and then some. Do not do business with them and their rude staff.

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Amanda F

Another devastated bride! Alterations were not done right after 2 attempts and on the 3rd try the dress is in ruins and unwearable. They still made the bride pay $300 to get her gown back and now she has to find another dress just weeks before the big day. Stay away from this... Read More place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I had an absolutely horrible experience with this place. It's really the only place for wedding gowns in my town, so I thought the convenience made it worth a shot even though I had heard horror stories of them losing paperwork and dresses and being unwilling to fix it. Well,... Read More that's exactly what happened to me. 1. They lost my wedding dress and both bridesmaid dresses and only ended up finding my wedding and 1 bridesmaid gown- the other one they lost, including my $20 deposit which they refused to reimburse. 2. They had lost my paperwork every single time I came in and repeatedly told me I still owed on my dresd though I showed them my receipts. 3. When I purchased my dress they offered free alterations which they completely denied later on. 4. The new young woman there was by far the rudest person I've ever met and should NOT be working in bridal retail. 5. They messed up my alterations and I had to completely remove the straps from my dress, and charged my MOH for alterations they never did. It was a nightmare and no bride should have to deal with this on top of all the stress they are already going through. Oh, not to mention I was afraid to write this review until I had gotten all the dresses because I was afraid that young girl would do something to Sabatoge the dresses!! Do yourself a favor and don't bother with this place.

Review for Joy’s Unlimited

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 Melissa E

Very christian like lady;There are two locations one in Shelby and one in Forest City NC. The lady that owns it said she would fix the dress my way and did not. She really does not listen to your ideas and stays with her own. Is too busy with both stores. Besides this happened... Read More to by best friend also, I did not learn from her and went to her anyway so learn from me. She even waited til the day before my best frends wedding to fix my dress. Her moms dress was the wrong kind and she had to order another at the last minute and it was the wrong size... we had to fix cleavege problems on the wedding day.

Start a Conversation!