Award-winning Wedding Photojournalists Worldwide

JPG Photography comprises award-winning newspaper photojournalists documenting the real emotion and character of special events. Our sense of humor and vision encourage quirky, adventurous and independent couples to hire us over the cheesy traditional photographs. Ranked among the best in the world.

Documentary

Trash The Dress

Digital Files

180 Green Lane, Philadelphia, PA (267) 297-5316

We love Joe!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Sari R

JPG Photography is the best wedding photographer you could dream of. Joe Gidjunis and his team are amazing—artistic, professional, easy to work with, and just genuinely kind people. We feel lucky to have found them, and to have been able to work with Joe. We loved having Joe... Read More and Dave T. shoot our engagement pictures, and having Joe, Gustavo, and Tom there for our wedding day. The team is always up for an adventure, and was as excited as us to try unorthodox locations for photos. We whole-heartedly and enthusiastically recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for a photographer for any occasion. Having a good photographer for our wedding was one of the most important things to my husband and I during wedding planning. JPG Photography hit each of the “big three” on our list: first, they take pictures of brides and grooms looking natural and acting like themselves—not looking like awkward statues. Second, their portfolios showed pictures not just of brides and grooms, but of friends and family having fun at weddings. This was SUPER important to my husband and I—sure, we wanted some pictures of us looking great, but what we really wanted to remember is everyone celebrating with us. Third, JPG does a great job in low-light venues-- something we were concerned about since our wedding was indoors and at night. The day of our wedding, Joe was such a reassuring presence. He and the crew knew exactly what needed to happen when, and kept us on track. He seemed as excited as us for our first look and for our walk down the aisle. During the ceremony and reception, it felt like Joe, Gustavo, and Tom were everywhere and nowhere at once. They were never in the way, but they always got amazing, amazing shots. Our friends and family members kept exclaiming about what great photographers we had. When we received our pictures (ahead of time!) we were not disappointed—the pictures were AMAZING. I really can’t say enough. Joe, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for being our photographer!! I hope to have the chance to work with you again in the future!!!

Absolutely the best.

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 jackie c

Joe & Stacey basically made our entire wedding day. My husband and I never wanted a big wedding. Once we started talking marriage, we both knew that we wanted something small, just for him, me, and his two children. Short, small, and sweet. To give a bit more "specialness"... Read More and meaning to the day, we decided to hold the ceremony in front of the Passyunk fountain - a place that has great meaning for both of us. We picked the date, June 12th, in September, which is when we brought JPG on board as our photographer. From the very beginning, they were the friendliest, coolest people to work with. I talked to Joe a bit about the "vision" of my wedding day and pictures (small, intimate, and South Philly) and a bit about our budget. Joe set us up with a contract and package that worked for us, so we went ahead and booked, and I spent many months stalking their website, getting excited for our turn in the spotlight! We picked mid-June thinking it would be the best time of the year weather-wise. As you can imagine, I was somewhat crushed waking up the morning of my wedding ceremony to showers and thunderstorms, and a forecast that basically said it wasn't going to get any better throughout the day. True, my ceremony was only going to last 15 minutes, but we planned on a very outdoors-heavy day of shooting. I was afraid we would have to cram everyone into a last minute "indoors" plan B. I was stressin'. My poor husband tried his best to cheer me up and keep my spirits up. From the minute Joe and Stacey arrived for our ceremony, their energy and warmth reinvigorated the whole scenario. They patiently shot our ceremony and formal shots with my stepchildren while maneuvering SEPTA buses and trash trucks (I forgot Thursdays were trash day in Bella Vista - oops!) And then the real fun began. Joe & Stacey could not have been cooler or more on board with our somewhat non-traditional shooting locations and picture requests. They have an incredible eye, and we felt totally comfortable with them right away. After spending 3+ hours shooting with them, they began to feel more like friends than the people we hired to take our wedding pictures. They are also ridiculously awesome in that they were not one bit deterred by the rain - Joe even going so far as to lay down in puddles if necessary to get the shot we wanted. I am thoroughly convinced that had we hired anyone else, our day could have been very disappointing. With Joe & Stacey, not only did they literally brush off the downpour, they turned it into fun for us. And from what I can see of the sneak peeks of our pictures from Joe & the JPG instagram, our pictures are going to be ridiculously beautiful, fun, and sexy. We can't wait to get our pictures! 5 stars. More stars if I could!

JPG - They best way to Document your Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Erin B

I was first interested in JPG Photography because their pictures were just different than any other wedding pictures I've ever seen. They were intriguing and entertaining - but yet romantic. They make you feel as though you are there experiencing the wedding first hand. I had... Read More the great pleasure of working with Matt Bender for JPG - and he was great. I always say - let the photographer do what they are good at - and its make your pictures come out they best they can be... and I really think Matt did that. Matt is great at giving direction when needed but lets you just be you and lets your day unfold. We got to work with Matt before the wedding in an engagement shoot; JPG strongly suggests doing this so that you are comfortable working with the photographer the day of you wedding. I think regardless Matt was a great fit, the engagement pictures turned out wonderfully and I am so excited to see how it all turned out. If you want to get the best documentation out of your day - instead of all the "posed" shots - this is the vendor for you. When you are getting married you are getting pulled in a hundred different directions and will most likely miss what is going on elsewhere - with Photojournalism - it is all captured for your to relive! So happy with our choice to have Matt and the JPG team document our wedding

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Stephanie H

Joe Gidjunis and his team photographed our wedding in August, and to me and my now husband 5 stars is not enough. JPG is top notch, and exceeded any expectations that we had for a wedding photographer. Not only did our pictures turn out great, Joe and his team were funny, warm... Read More and made us feel comfortable and calm during some of the most hectic moments. Our guests are still asking about the JPG team and where/how we found them, because they were so professional and upbeat. We consider Joe family now, and if you have been able book him or a member of his talented team-Get excited!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Amy M

We cannot say enough about JPG Photography!! Joe has been awesome since day 1!! Team Stacey, Laura, Justin and JC were the absolute best!!! Stacey has an eye for everything, her photographs are more than just a picture, she captures our love!! Sneak peak pictures were released... Read More TWO days after the wedding! I am so happy we chose JPG!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Katie A

Words can't describe how AMAZED we were with our wedding highlight video from JPG! Laura and Naomi truly captured the love that we felt throughout the whole day and were able to put it into a 5 minute highlight film! We also really enjoyed how they reached out to us about what... Read More we would like to see in our highlight film, which I thought was so important. My husband and I watch the video EVERY day because we just can't get over how it truly captured our magical day! We can't say enough about how happy we are with our JPG videos! (Shoutout again to Laura and Naomi!)

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Maria N

I knew we had to choose JPG Photography from our first interaction with Joe G and JPG staff. As initially expected, every moment has been wonderful! They are a cut above the rest, offering out-of-the-box ideas and personality for days. Our engagement session was the most fun... Read More we've had with any of our "vendors" since we started this wedding planning process a year ago. We also aren't naturally comfortable in front of the camera, but Joe made it a breeze! We cannot wait to continue working with Joe and to see what magic Joe and his team bring to life at our wedding in November 2018!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jillian E

Joe and his team really exceeded our expectations when it came to the quality of our pictures! They were able to coordinate great shots of me, my husband, our bridal party and families but what truly blew us away was their ability to capture action shots that made you feel as if... Read More you were reliving the moment. There is no other photographer that I have come across that is able to do this as well as Joe does! He also surprised us by having a handful of photos ready for us to view on social media the day after our wedding which was awesome! I can't say enough about the quality of Joe's work and am so excited to see more when our full photos come out.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Ashley L

I wish we could give this company ten stars because they are just that good From the first time that I talked with Joe I knew that this was the company for us Stacey and Justus did our engagement photo shoot and our wedding and I'm blown away by the uniqueness and... Read More beautiful moments that they captured We have already recommended these guys to all of our friends and are still in awe of the amazing photos they were able to take to preserve the memory of such special days forever for us

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Christy W

I did A LOT of research ahead of choosing a photographer + videographer. The quality & emotion portrayed in JPG’s photos are what initially caught my attention, but once I got on the phone with Joe, I 100% knew I wanted to work with them. Also, I could not find another... Read More photographer who’s video quality was as high as JPG’s and knew I only wanted to work with one vendor because it was easier ( …The photo + video combo was also actually cheaper than getting separate photographer and videographer). Looking back, I initially thought the final photos and video were all that mattered from a photographer/videographer, but Joe + his team were so so incredible the day of the wedding. They really took the reins and orchestrated the logistics of the day (i.e. if it rains, here’s plan A and B, etc.) – totally flexible and open to any decision my husband and I wanted (i.e. ending photos early and going to the cocktail hour). Joe truly because a friend during the process – even my other vendors (hair + makeup + reception coordinator) and friends/family were so impressed with him and his team. We were truly overwhelmed with the final photo and video products once we received them – just stunning. JPG really added to our wedding experience being such great partners. They didn’t just show up – they took time to understand what meant most to us and what we really cared about capturing. I’ll never forget - Joe handing me a mint right before I walked down the aisle. That’s what you’re getting with JPG (…not to mention the beautiful photos and videos you’ll have to for a lifetime). Truly priceless. Couldn’t recommend more. P.S. He and an assistant traveled all the way up to NYC to take our engagement photos, just a month after he and his wife had their first baby!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Harry R

Having seen how Joe G and his team captured our Molly and Andrew in their engagement shoot, we’re very sure that the images and video of the wedding are going to be special; so this review is not about the work product, it's about the people who did the work.There are so many... Read More small, sometimes intimate things that happen during the course of a celebration that one remembers long after. When some involve the photographers, and we had that, you know you’re working with a special group. On what was an incredible celebration of family and friends, Joseph and his team added to the night. Let’s face it, getting the pre-ceremony pictures done and done on time can be stressful. Racing to a 6:30 ceremony start with a number of family shots could have been rough, especially with folks on edge to begin with. Joseph and his team got us through all of that with a little prodding, a little humor and a touch that understood all that we were feeling before the wedding. All of us, JPG included, were all smiles when we just had the ceremony and party in front of us. I know Joe and his team were all over the ceremony and the party but only because I saw a few pictures afterwards. At the time, they were so unobtrusive as to seem invisible. We were left to be in the moment of both. These folks know what they’re doing, how to get it all done well and they had a relationship with our bride and groom that had them very comfortable. The previews shared have just been wonderful. While we can't wait to relive the night through their pictures and video, it was a pleasure to have them with us during such a special night.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Sabrina E

Our experience with JPG photography has been excellent right from the first conversation with the owner Joe. Joe then matched us up with one of the photographers on his team, Ricky. Since then, everything has been pleasant. They are personable, accommodating, prompt and... Read More professional. Ricky documented our wedding ceremony in May of 2017 here in Brooklyn, NY. He really brought of a lot of excitement and positive energy. His spirit made us want to take some outdoor pictures despite all the rain and wind. Ricky was forthcoming regarding his limitations of shooting in the rain, but we were up to trying and we were very glad that we did. He made the entire experience a lot of fun and the pictures we got back truly documented the experience and the essence our personalities. We are very excited and looking forward to working with JPG Photography on some more upcoming events as well.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Tamra C

One of the best parts of our day! JPG did an amazing job with the photos for our wedding. Gustavo was our main photographer and he was one of the bright spots of the day. He was extremely calm, organized, patient, and still able to get great pictures! Gustavo and Stacey were... Read More able to get our wild bridal party from location to location to get some awesome photos. They were so fun to hang out with during the day and made what could be an incredibly stressful few hours go incredibly smoothly. We already saw a sneak peek of some of the photos and Gustavo has a great eye! He was so attentive to details, making sure everyone's jackets were buttoned correctly and that my hair wasn't in front of my eyes. They were professional and yet really easy to be around and be comfortable with. Besides the getting married part, Gustavo and Stacey were one of my favorite parts of the day! Thanks so much!!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Jacqueline S

JOE IS TERRIFIC!! The wedding of your daughter is a VERY big event, and Joe and Gustavo were wonderful!! Our daughter had selected JPG because of the unique storytelling focus Joe and his team place on the event. They worked with Joe (in DC!) for their engagements shoot, which... Read More resulted in absolutely breathtaking photos of them at all the key monuments in DC at sunset. For the wedding, they worked with us in Philadelphia. From the moment Joe arrived, I knew we were in good hands and it was going to be fun. He immediately put all of the girls at ease and we had a lot of fun during the preparation for the ceremony. He then coordinated with Gustavo, who was with the Groom and party, to meet in Rittenhouse Square for their 'First look' photos. From there, they went all over center city, including Reading Terminal before the ceremony and reception. That theme of fun and natural shots was exactly what the bride and groom wanted, and if the sneak peeks we've seen are any indication of the final results, we are going to be thrilled. An example of a unique shot included the bride and groom in reading terminal, and it's beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Joe and his team for any of your special events-you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Katherine F

Joe, words cannot begin to express how absolutely wonderful you and your team were to work with. You not only have an incredible talent and eye for capturing all of the unique energy, momentum and emotion in a moment, but you're able to do so in such a lighthearted, easygoing... Read More and fun way. By the time we finished hair and makeup and were leaving to go to the church, it felt more like you were an old friend. Thank you SO much for making an already momentous day that much more special, fun and memorable!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Kayla M

Best decision we made !!! Gustavo was excellent the bride and groom really like him. Prompt professional friendly and WOW the editing was superb. Captured all the best highlights for sure. We had to wait 16 weeks but it was so worth the wait. It was worth every penny, happy we... Read More went with JPG. Thanks for the memories. From the mom and dad of the bride.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allyson Z

My love for Joe Gidjunis transcends all time, as we went on two awkward dates in high school, so I Facebook messaged him when I was planning my post-elopement party. Despite the casual recklessness of my approach, Joe was extremely professional and provided me with a fantastic... Read More photographer and memories to last a lifetime. After receiving the photographs from our party, it solidified in my mind that Joe has established an outstanding team. From the moment Stacey knocked on the door of the room where I was getting dressed, she made the entire experience of being photographed seem natural. I had only had brief e-mail conversations with Stacey about the moments I wanted captured and she was able to capture them all beautifully. I didn't want any posed photos and was floored by the quality and sweet candid nature of the photographs. I was so impressed with the photos from the party that I returned to Joe's team for the photographs of my pregnancy, delivery and newborn. Again, Stacey was able to capture the informal elegance of my pregnancy journey. Stacey understood that I wanted to capture the good, the ugly and everything in between; the photos from the party, my pregnancy and post partum period are something I will always hold close to my heart. And all thanks to this guy who made me go dutch to the movies in 1998...

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nicholas L

Stacey and the JPG Photography team were amazing to work with! Every interaction with JPG is prompt and professional. Stacey is also a top notch photographer who not only knows how to capture the moment but is also great at making sure you don't feel (and look) too posed. We... Read More could not be more happy with how our photos turned out. Stacey is the real deal and knew how to slow motion down, play with shadows and capture light in ways that make our photos look truly unique and awesome. I would recommend JPG Photography to anyone and would absolutely use them again for other photography needs.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Caitlin H

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about JPG Photography. Joe and his team are truly the best! The beautiful photos on their website are what initially intrigued us to JPG. Joe and Nicole made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and we were truly... Read More blown away with how amazing the pictures turned out. We received many compliments on the photos and JPG. We were even more excited we chose Joe and his team to be part of our wedding day after our experience during our engagement shoot. A wedding day can be quite stressful, but Joe was very attentive to us and made sure we were relaxed and enjoying the moment. Joe is so creative and goes above and beyond to capture the perfect shot. We are lucky to have had him capture our day and provide us with photos that will serve as memories for a lifetime. From the sneak peek photos and highlight video we've seen, we know the final photos and video will be one in a million. The preview highlight video Laura posted captured the essence we were hoping for in our video. We are so excited to see the full video. Laura rocks! We are so happy we chose Joe and the JPG team to be part of our special day. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a highly talented, artistic, professional, and fun photography group. We now have a photographer for life with Joe!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Stacey is a ROCKSTAR! My entire family cannot say enough good things about her. I will refer her to ANY and EVERYONE looking for a photographer for any milestone. Choosing JPG was the best decision we could have ever made with regards to our wedding. They are worth EVERY cent.... Read More If you are looking for photos that look like they are straight from a magazine, I'd recommend JPG and specifically Stacey. She captured our day EXACTLY as we hoped with punctual, thoughtful VIP treatment. Stacey made us feel completely comfortable and natural - it's not always easy for me to just start kissing on command personally. : ) She is absolutely adorable and has the sweetest, fun personality. She is a true artist and a master of her work. Did I mention that she traveled with us to ITALY? Yeah!!! When we mentioned we were traveling Tuscany for our wedding to JPG during our consultation for our reception, they offered to come and document the day!!! YES PLEASE. Stacey hopped on a plane with her awesome and talented husband, Chuck, and the rest is history! Beyond being ridiculously talented, Stacey and Chuck are amazing people to be around. They are like part of the family whether they like it or not! Haha. Thanks Stacey for caring and understanding what was important to us about our wedding and for capturing those special REAL moments on the best day of our lives! We can't wait to hang with you soon and plan some future photo sessions for every special party and milestone we have in our lives!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Padma R

We were very happy with the JPG Photography group. They did our getting ready photos, first look photos, ceremonies and reception coverage. We also hired them for full videography coverage during our ceremonies. While we were negotiating the contract, the management office was... Read More quite receptive, reaching out if we had inquiries and checking in about date availability etc. Once we signed, the office was less proactive, and slower to respond to our emails. When we started communicating directly with the photographers, the flow of information was much smoother. For the actual photography, we loved our pictures. Since our wedding had 300+ guests, we had three photographers. Do take a look at Dave C and Stacey and pics on the JPG site. They are very talented, and we cannot say enough about our pictures. All of the pictures were fantastic, but we have to give special props to Dave and Stacy. Dave C did an initial shoot at Penns Landing. We were not used to taking many pictures. But it only took a few minutes, and we became relaxed and natural in front of the camera. From that point, we were 100% comfortable which helped create more authentic images and moments. JPG focuses on true, fun images. We had some very good portraits (and we wished we set aside more time). However, our most favorite pictures are dance floor pics. If you are looking for high quality photos, fun photographers and authentic images, we strongly recommend JPG (especially Dave C and Stacy).

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Dana D

The whole wedding planning process can be very overwhelming and stressful at times, and boy was it a breath of fresh air to have met JPG!! After seeing the wedding photos of a friend who used JPG for her wedding, I KNEW we had to have them. Joe immediately put me at ease and... Read More we had a great conversation discussing the journalistic style of JPG and exactly what we were looking to get from our pictures. Not having many “posey” shots was very important to us. I knew there was something extra special about JPG when I learned that they are deeply involved in volunteer work, something I also value, and a testament to the fact that JPG and Joe are truly great people. We chose to do an engagement shoot with Joe so we could get to know each other and get some amazing pictures at the same time. It was Joe’s first time shooting at Hershey Park, and you sure couldn’t tell that by the pictures! Every picture came out amazing and they were the exact style we were looking for. It was almost like he had been there a million times before and knew exactly where to go for the best shots. The night ended with lots of good conversation, laughs, and whoopie pies of course! We had the most incredible day playing around the park, and after that day/night we couldn’t wait to see Joe and his team again for our wedding. JPG was so organized throughout each stage of the planning process and the final photography checklist was super helpful. They work with you and make you think outside the box, so that your pictures are super original and speak to you as a couple. Choosing locations which have significance to you as a couple or describe your personalities is what made our pictures extra meaningful. On our wedding day I was immediately comforted when Joe and his team arrived. They really felt like friends/family and made the whole day even more fun. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to spend my day with. Tom (the second photographer) had a great time with the guys and he was also amazing. Throughout the day, ceremony, and reception, the JPG team was so unobtrusive, you barely knew they were there, even though they were capturing every detail. Joe made sure we got all pictures that we really wanted to take, and quickly took the formal shots so we could move on to the party. We also had a photobooth which was a huge hit. The open air booth and props were super fun and our guests had a blast. There are even some photos of my father running around the dancefloor with the bullhorns on! :) This brings me to the pictures. No words other than amazing. The turnaround time was super-fast and we are so in love with our pictures. There was some motion shots from our engagement shoot of a carousel and ride moving behind us, yet my fiancé and I are standing still in complete focus in the center of the picture. Super impressive shots which only a very talented photographer can capture. The creativity and eye that Joe has to capture the most amazing shots and angles is just awe inspiring. He really loves what he does and it shows in his work. Many photographers have shot at our wedding venue, however the pictures by JPG are above and beyond any I have seen. I am so lucky to say that my husband and I not only have the most amazing captured memories from our special day, but we also gained some lifelong friends in the process. Stunning pictures, great people – what more could you ask for. We love our JPG family!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Danielle D

We loved JPG Photography and feel so lucky to have found them! My guests were even commenting on how personable and awesome Nick and Megan were, how they were everywhere and catching every special moment. I loved that we had a connection to both photographers before the wedding... Read More so everyone felt comfortable, and I know they captured the fun and excitement of our day! I know for any future big events in our lives we will only have one place to look for great photos!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Lindsay N

I'm obsessed with our photos. Seriously. They are beyond stunning and we are thrilled. All I've done since last night is look at the photos. Easily the best decision and money spent for the wedding. The whole JPG experience and team through the whole engagement, boudoir, and... Read More wedding photography far exceeded our expectations. Joe, Nicole, Gustavo, Sabrina, and Laura, I wouldn't change a thing and would do it all over again. No way are we done with JPG and are excitedly planning for the next time we can use this standout team!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Julie M

Joe at JPG is the best of the best! First, he takes truly stunning photos. He captures the little moments of a wedding day in such a beautiful and unique way, unlike anyone else's wedding photos I've seen. Perhaps more importantly, Joe really listens to what his couples want and... Read More need. He was so aware of the family/bridal party dynamics and needs on our wedding day. You don't realize how important that is until you and your husband sweating/struggling in the middle of Broad Street after hours of smiling and posing in the sun! Joe really goes the extra mile to lighten up the mood in the tense moments that tend to occur surrounding weddings. When taking posed shots, he makes you feel comfortable and encourages you to have fun! Then he fades into the background of your ceremony/reception so that he can capture every moment without being noticed. We would recommend JPG to anyone who is not looking for stuffy, all-posed wedding shots. We also highly recommend using JPG's photo booth. It was a huge hit at our wedding!