Justice Alan W. Ulrich

Greater Boston, North Shore

Your Special Day. Your Special Way.

Working with you to design a ceremony that you'll remember for years to come, Alan offers humor, compassion, and experience. Incorporating traditional and/or personalized vows and readings, Alan will help you create a ceremony just right for an intimate ceremony at home or a wedding with 300 guests.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Ceremony, Wedding

22 Bond Street, Reading, MA Greater Boston, North Shore (781) 775-1824

AWSOME:)

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Dana B

Alan officaited our wedding, which was amazing. From our first meeting, through planning, to our wedding day Alan was professional, helpful and sincere. He help me to develop a personal ceremony and provided a wealth of information that made our day exatly what we wanted. I... Read More would recomend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Erin D

Alan officiated our wedding this past October, and we couldn't have been more thrilled. Truth be told, a family friend was supposed to do the job but didn't end up working out, so we didn't contact Alan until about two months before the big day. I was a ball of nerves at this... Read More point, but meeting Alan and seeing how calm, experienced, and professional he was completely alleviated all of my fears! Alan helped us totally customize our ceremony (he even found the perfect wording for the 'craft beer drinking portion'...using beer as a metaphor for marriage!); gave us feedback on our vows to make sure they were about the same tone and length; and gave us tips and tricks for applying for the marriage license and how to request copies of the certificate. And that's all before the actual day! Alan had officiated at our venue (the Willowdale Estate) many times before, and was very knowledgeable about the layout, flow, and timing. He was a whiz at wrangling our families and bridal party, had backup copies of every reading and vow, and put everyone at ease. Best of all, he has an incredible sense of humor and had everyone laughing at all the right moments. We had SO many compliments from our guests about the ceremony portion of the wedding! Alan, we can't thank you enough!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Brenna M

We recommend Alan as your JP for your wedding unreservedly. We enjoyed working with him to help us put together our wedding ceremony program. Many of our guests commented on how great a wedding officiant he was. We found him to be a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ha D

Alan did great job for our wedding. He was very pleasure to work with. We felt very lucky to have Alan preform our ceremony. We highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Amy C

Alan did a great job officiating our wedding in September. We first met him at his home and we knew he was a perfect fit for us. He was friendly and funny during the rehearsal. On the wedding he was very professional and kind. I was confident he would perform a wondeful ceremony... Read More and he did just that!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sharon J

I have to say that from my first phone contact with Alan I was very impressed. Alan is a very easy person to talk to and handled my wedding with the utmost professionalism while still being very friendly and warm. He welcomed us into his cozy home for our first meeting and... Read More provided us with everything we needed to know to have the perfect ceremony! We were provided with many choices for our vows and readings etc. With Alan's help we were able to put together a very meaningful and memorable wedding. I would highly recommend Alan as your officiant. You are guaranteed to have a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

After much searching for an officiant who would be sensitive and open minded I chose Alan to be the oficiant for my marriage. I made a great choice! He understood and respected my unique needs and even went above and beyond by offering me and my husband the option of marrying at... Read More his own home. He was always prompt in responding to my inquiries and best of all he made the whole experience a pleasant and joyful one. We eventually tied the knot in November of 2015. I would definitely recommend Alan to any of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 jessica r

Our wedding on July 16th at the Rose Garden in Beverly was absolutely perfect. Alan made us so at ease throughout the whole planning process, the rehearsal and during the ceremony. I had never felt so calm in all my life, it was a surreal experience and we owe it all to Alan!... Read More Thank you for the wonderful ceremony, we are so happy we have it on video to replay over and over for years to come! Alan is the best we are so grateful we found you!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Emily L

Alan did a wonderful job at my wedding las t January. My husband's family had come to Boston from Chile and was meeting my family for the first time. Alan made everyone feel comfortable and welcome on the day. He also was very helpful in planning our ceremony. All in all I... Read More couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jenn M

Alan was great! Ceremony went very smoothly, and he sounded great on our video. Knows all the ins and outs to make sure our photographer and videographer got great shots.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kelly G

Alan was the officiant for my wedding at Willowdale this past December. We are based in Beverly Hills, and Alan was incredibly flexible with his time to meet with us each time we were back in Massachusetts to make sure we had plenty of face time to plan our ceremony. Alan was... Read More incredibly professional in running our rehearsal the night before the wedding, and made us feel so calm and prepared ahead of our big day. The day of our wedding was pure perfection, and Alan's professionalism helped to ensure our ceremony went off without any issues. We could not have been happier with our decision to work with Alan for such a wonderful and special day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Tara L

Alan officiated our wedding this past June and I cannot recommend him enough! He was very organized, thorough, and had great recommendations throughout the entire process. He communicated well and promptly throughout the process, which is something that you'll value during your... Read More wedding planning! The ceremony was beautiful and went exactly according to plan. Alan has a great personality for the job, calm, cool, and collected and keeps your guests listening intently. Thanks again Alan!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kristen S

Alan was great to work with! Friendly, easy-going, and full of wonderful ideas and suggestions. He bent over backward to incorporate personal touches into our wedding and make it even more special and meaningful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kristen C

Alan Ulrich is THE best officiant in the business. My husband and I originally wanted a Catholic church ceremony but once we had started the process, we decided it just wasn’t for us. We had attended a wedding four years prior which Alan officiated and we knew we had to have him... Read More for our ceremony. Upon meeting him, you will immediately get this warm feeling like you’ve known him forever. I promise he will bring that same warmth and joy to your ceremony. In our initial meeting with Alan which he hosts in his own home, he set all of our anxiety at ease. He explains everything even the marriage certificate process. He offers several ideas for your ceremony but ultimately, he makes it easy for you to create your own ceremony with very personal touches. I am being very honest when I say… we had several people come to us after our wedding with rave reviews about how touched they were by our ceremony. My Dad told us later that a friend of his broke down crying and said he had never seen a ceremony like ours before. My cousin ended up booking Alan for her wedding which was another absolutely beautiful ceremony! Alan is so friendly, warm, charismatic, cheerful, funny, loving… I could go on and on. I haven’t even mentioned that his rate is extremely reasonable and worth every cent! Please just stop reading this and book him IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, Alan for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!

2016-10-04T17:03:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the wonderful review Kristen. I'm blushing :-) It was a pleasure and an honour to be part of yours and Brian's special day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Keith T

We highly recommend Alan. He really did a great job with our nuptials. He is professional and personable. We felt lucky to have had Alan preform out ceremony. We highly recommend Alan's services. Thank you Keith and Fabiana Torrisi

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Noelle S

Alan was an amazing officiate! We were able to completely customize our ceremony to whatever we wanted. He was there with us the whole way and made sure we didn't forget anything for our big day!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Stephanie M

Alan provided an excellent alternative to getting married in the church. It was very important to our parents that we had a religious ceremony, which Alan was able to provide for us. He was very responsive to emails and quickly completed our marriage licence. We would highly... Read More recommend Alan!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Yuliya K

My husband and I had previously gone to a wedding which Alan had officiated, and loved the ceremony. We were so glad Alan was available for our wedding date. Throughout the planning, Alan was very easy to get in touch with, and he was very flexible. Our ceremony was absolutely... Read More perfect. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Mindy L

Alan was an absolute pleasure to work with! As soon as my husband and I met with him, we knew immediately that we had found a JP we could trust and depend on to make our wedding ceremony perfect. Alan provided a variety of readings and other options to customize our ceremony. We... Read More were really happy we were able to include a candle remembrance for my husband’s father, who passed away several years ago. My husband and I were really nervous on our wedding day (we hate being the center of attention!) but Alan was able to put us at ease and talk us through the entire ceremony. Not to mention, he is quite the comedian! He was able to add some humor to our day, and our guests loved it (as did we!). I have to say, when I was looking for a JP, I felt as though many of the individuals I was looking at seemed unapproachable (and, for a bride on a budget, unaffordable). Alan definitely stood out immediately, based on the reviews I was reading, and then after our initial meeting. I can tell that he is in this business for the pleasure of helping people. I highly recommend Alan Ulrich!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Nadia K

Alan was a pleasure to work with! He was very accommodating and was always available to speak. I definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 laura p

I couldn't recommend Alan enough! From our first meeting with him, up until our very last, he was sincere, professional and very organized. Alan very clearly explained all of the different options available to us, provided a multitude of readings to choose from and helped us... Read More come up with the perfect layout for our needs. Many guests complimented us on how great the 'flow' of our ceremony was. The process of putting together our ceremony was fun and easy and we couldn't have done it without Alan's genuine interest in helping us do so. Thanks Alan!

Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Jennifer M

I highly recommend Alan!! Alan officiated my wedding ceremony and he was great to work with from the start! Alan spent time with us up front getting to know my fiance & I and helping us understand the process for creating out wedding ceremony. This was great for us because we... Read More really did not know where to start!! He had great suggestions for our ceremony including a vast library of readings. We chose to add a rose ceremony to our wedding to honor our mothers, and they absolutely loved it! Alan was also very knowledgeable, professional and organized. He touched base with us before the ceremony to make sure we had everything in order including our marriage license. This allowed the rehearsal and the wedding to go very smoothing. Alan has a lot of experience with weddings, which made me very comfortable and confident that our wedding ceremony would be great!! Thanks Alan!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

Alan officiated our wedding on December 7th, and we cannot say enough good things about him! He is wonderfully warm and accommodating, and did an incredible job executing the whole ceremony. Alan exceeded our expectations, and made our day memorable! I would recommend him to... Read More anyone who wants a dream wedding!

Perfect ceremony

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Lara R

My husband and I met with Alan and immediately knew that he was going to perform our ceremony. He was just as relaxed and easygoing as we are and it made the whole process go smoothly. The ceremony was amazing, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Price is very reasonable.... Read More Contact is quick and efficient. I would definitely recommend Alan for your wedding!!

Alan was great!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Mandi M

Alan was a wonderful Justice of the Peace and made my husband and I wedding just perfect. Alan had married my brother and sister in law a few years ago and their experience was so great that we decided to have Alan officiate our wedding. My husband and I just wanted a simple... Read More and quick ceremony. Alan gave us a myriad of choices which really help us narrow down exactly what we wanted. Everything went so smoothly the day of and the ceremony was wonderful!