Justice Alan W. Ulrich

Greater Boston, North Shore

Your Special Day. Your Special Way.

Working with you to design a ceremony that you'll remember for years to come, Alan offers humor, compassion, and experience. Incorporating traditional and/or personalized vows and readings, Alan will help you create a ceremony just right for an intimate ceremony at home or a wedding with 300 guests.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Ceremony, Wedding

22 Bond Street, Reading, MA Greater Boston, North Shore (781) 775-1824

AWSOME:)

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Dana B

Alan officaited our wedding, which was amazing. From our first meeting, through planning, to our wedding day Alan was professional, helpful and sincere. He help me to develop a personal ceremony and provided a wealth of information that made our day exatly what we wanted. I... Read More would recomend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Michelle R

Alan was all we could have asked for and more! From our first meeting through the ceremony he was polite, professional and such a pleasure to work with. Alan has a great personality, and performed a wonderful ceremony for us. We first met Alan several months before our wedding,... Read More and could instantly tell he was the perfect fit. He was extremely helpful with my husband and myself in choosing what we would like to use for our ceremony. He gave us plenty of options and was very patient with us as we went through everything over the next few months. He was sure to outline a timeline for us, and reminded us when the window for applying for a marriage certificate was. His professionalism really showed when we met for the rehearsal. Although many of us had been in weddings at one point or another, none of us really knew how the ceremony really works. Alan directed us and taught us all exactly what we needed to know for the wedding! The ceremony went off without a hitch! Alan was truly amazing, and kept the room smiling (especially my husband and me) the whole time. We can’t imagine working with anyone who could have made the ceremony any better. We recommend him whole heartedly!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jaclyn C

Alan was wonderful. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would! We had no rehearsal and still the ceremony went off without a hitch. He helped us out on such short notice even knowing he had another ceremony to officiate that day. He was so pleasant and kind to everyone... Read More involved. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for someone to officiate.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Vanessa M

We chose Alan to be our officiant based on everyone else's reviews, and could not be happier! From our first conversation with him we were sold. We were planning an out of state wedding, and he made this an incredibly easy process. He was flexible in meeting with us when we were... Read More able to come to Massachusetts, and was very prompt in replying to emails and phone calls when we had questions. He provided us with sample readings and allowed us to design our own ceremony, which made it feel much more personal. On the wedding weekend, he was always there early, and helped things run smoothly with his calm demeanor. He even handled two mix-ups in the ceremony (first with the rings and second with the seating arrangement) with ease and subtlety that kept the ceremony going without any problems. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Amy H

When we first met with Alan, he was so friendly and the conversation was easy. It was very clear that he was an experienced officiant who was professional and knowledgable about the process but also fun. We knew that he was the right choice for us! He sent us various ideas for... Read More the ceremony including readings, blessings and unity ceremonies that we could use for our wedding. He was receptive to changes that we wanted to make to the ceremony and delivered them perfectly! Alan was wonderful to work with and officiated our wedding in exactly the way we had envisioned. If you choose Alan as your officiant, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Alena J

Alan was such a pleasure! I highly recommend working with him for your big day. Before the wedding Alan was informative and helpful. He helped us craft an amazing ceremony that really represented us and he walked us through each of our responsibilities and how the whole process... Read More would work. He was always responsive and very organized. At the rehearsal Alan helped to organize everyone and walked us through even the smallest details (like how to put the ring on, and where to look).. which we still managed to mess up on the big day, but it certainly helped!! Finally, the ceremony on the day of our wedding was perfect. Alan did a great job delivering a meaningful yet light hearted ceremony. Many of our guests commented on how great they thought the ceremony was. We can't thank you enough for playing such an important part of our big day! Thank you Alan!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Jarrod G

Alan was great from the day we first met until the day of our wedding. He was very detailed and informative and and just made our day that much better. With his help, we added some very unique things into our ceremony that we would have never thought of without his help.... Read More Everything was perfect! We cannot recommend him enough. If you are looking for a JP, Alan is your guy. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Lauren P

Alan was absolutely wonderful to work with. He made the whole process so easy and I love how our ceremony turned out. Would definitely recommend him!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Erin D

Alan officiated our wedding this past October, and we couldn't have been more thrilled. Truth be told, a family friend was supposed to do the job but didn't end up working out, so we didn't contact Alan until about two months before the big day. I was a ball of nerves at this... Read More point, but meeting Alan and seeing how calm, experienced, and professional he was completely alleviated all of my fears! Alan helped us totally customize our ceremony (he even found the perfect wording for the 'craft beer drinking portion'...using beer as a metaphor for marriage!); gave us feedback on our vows to make sure they were about the same tone and length; and gave us tips and tricks for applying for the marriage license and how to request copies of the certificate. And that's all before the actual day! Alan had officiated at our venue (the Willowdale Estate) many times before, and was very knowledgeable about the layout, flow, and timing. He was a whiz at wrangling our families and bridal party, had backup copies of every reading and vow, and put everyone at ease. Best of all, he has an incredible sense of humor and had everyone laughing at all the right moments. We had SO many compliments from our guests about the ceremony portion of the wedding! Alan, we can't thank you enough!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Brenna M

We recommend Alan as your JP for your wedding unreservedly. We enjoyed working with him to help us put together our wedding ceremony program. Many of our guests commented on how great a wedding officiant he was. We found him to be a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ha D

Alan did great job for our wedding. He was very pleasure to work with. We felt very lucky to have Alan preform our ceremony. We highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Amy C

Alan did a great job officiating our wedding in September. We first met him at his home and we knew he was a perfect fit for us. He was friendly and funny during the rehearsal. On the wedding he was very professional and kind. I was confident he would perform a wondeful ceremony... Read More and he did just that!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sharon J

I have to say that from my first phone contact with Alan I was very impressed. Alan is a very easy person to talk to and handled my wedding with the utmost professionalism while still being very friendly and warm. He welcomed us into his cozy home for our first meeting and... Read More provided us with everything we needed to know to have the perfect ceremony! We were provided with many choices for our vows and readings etc. With Alan's help we were able to put together a very meaningful and memorable wedding. I would highly recommend Alan as your officiant. You are guaranteed to have a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

After much searching for an officiant who would be sensitive and open minded I chose Alan to be the oficiant for my marriage. I made a great choice! He understood and respected my unique needs and even went above and beyond by offering me and my husband the option of marrying at... Read More his own home. He was always prompt in responding to my inquiries and best of all he made the whole experience a pleasant and joyful one. We eventually tied the knot in November of 2015. I would definitely recommend Alan to any of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 jessica r

Our wedding on July 16th at the Rose Garden in Beverly was absolutely perfect. Alan made us so at ease throughout the whole planning process, the rehearsal and during the ceremony. I had never felt so calm in all my life, it was a surreal experience and we owe it all to Alan!... Read More Thank you for the wonderful ceremony, we are so happy we have it on video to replay over and over for years to come! Alan is the best we are so grateful we found you!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Emily L

Alan did a wonderful job at my wedding las t January. My husband's family had come to Boston from Chile and was meeting my family for the first time. Alan made everyone feel comfortable and welcome on the day. He also was very helpful in planning our ceremony. All in all I... Read More couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jenn M

Alan was great! Ceremony went very smoothly, and he sounded great on our video. Knows all the ins and outs to make sure our photographer and videographer got great shots.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kelly G

Alan was the officiant for my wedding at Willowdale this past December. We are based in Beverly Hills, and Alan was incredibly flexible with his time to meet with us each time we were back in Massachusetts to make sure we had plenty of face time to plan our ceremony. Alan was... Read More incredibly professional in running our rehearsal the night before the wedding, and made us feel so calm and prepared ahead of our big day. The day of our wedding was pure perfection, and Alan's professionalism helped to ensure our ceremony went off without any issues. We could not have been happier with our decision to work with Alan for such a wonderful and special day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Tara L

Alan officiated our wedding this past June and I cannot recommend him enough! He was very organized, thorough, and had great recommendations throughout the entire process. He communicated well and promptly throughout the process, which is something that you'll value during your... Read More wedding planning! The ceremony was beautiful and went exactly according to plan. Alan has a great personality for the job, calm, cool, and collected and keeps your guests listening intently. Thanks again Alan!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kristen S

Alan was great to work with! Friendly, easy-going, and full of wonderful ideas and suggestions. He bent over backward to incorporate personal touches into our wedding and make it even more special and meaningful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kristen C

Alan Ulrich is THE best officiant in the business. My husband and I originally wanted a Catholic church ceremony but once we had started the process, we decided it just wasn’t for us. We had attended a wedding four years prior which Alan officiated and we knew we had to have him... Read More for our ceremony. Upon meeting him, you will immediately get this warm feeling like you’ve known him forever. I promise he will bring that same warmth and joy to your ceremony. In our initial meeting with Alan which he hosts in his own home, he set all of our anxiety at ease. He explains everything even the marriage certificate process. He offers several ideas for your ceremony but ultimately, he makes it easy for you to create your own ceremony with very personal touches. I am being very honest when I say… we had several people come to us after our wedding with rave reviews about how touched they were by our ceremony. My Dad told us later that a friend of his broke down crying and said he had never seen a ceremony like ours before. My cousin ended up booking Alan for her wedding which was another absolutely beautiful ceremony! Alan is so friendly, warm, charismatic, cheerful, funny, loving… I could go on and on. I haven’t even mentioned that his rate is extremely reasonable and worth every cent! Please just stop reading this and book him IMMEDIATELY! Thank you, Alan for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!

2016-10-04T17:03:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the wonderful review Kristen. I'm blushing :-) It was a pleasure and an honour to be part of yours and Brian's special day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Keith T

We highly recommend Alan. He really did a great job with our nuptials. He is professional and personable. We felt lucky to have had Alan preform out ceremony. We highly recommend Alan's services. Thank you Keith and Fabiana Torrisi

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Noelle S

Alan was an amazing officiate! We were able to completely customize our ceremony to whatever we wanted. He was there with us the whole way and made sure we didn't forget anything for our big day!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Stephanie M

Alan provided an excellent alternative to getting married in the church. It was very important to our parents that we had a religious ceremony, which Alan was able to provide for us. He was very responsive to emails and quickly completed our marriage licence. We would highly... Read More recommend Alan!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Yuliya K

My husband and I had previously gone to a wedding which Alan had officiated, and loved the ceremony. We were so glad Alan was available for our wedding date. Throughout the planning, Alan was very easy to get in touch with, and he was very flexible. Our ceremony was absolutely... Read More perfect. We highly recommend him!