Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Weddings

St. Paul, MN Available to travel worldwide (651) 925-7631

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Dan C

Jamie did an amazing job with the pictures! She was incredibly responsive, and brought an energy and excitement that was infectious and really kept us motivated for the entire journey!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Vanessa C

I absolutely love Jamie.. She is so incredibly talented. She did an engagement session for us, which turned out so beautiful and also our wedding. I have looked through our wedding photos probably 15 times since I got them. I love them SO MUCH. They are just so beautiful.... Read More Jamie is very professional but also very friendly and helpful. She has this style of photography that I feel is really unique and ideas for some super cool photos (Like at night under an umbrella in the rain!) She turns photos around quickly so you don't have to wait too long to see her awesome work. I cannot wait until the next time I can use Jamie for something. :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We met with a few photographers, Jamie's work stood out the most to us, and after meeting her we knew we had to book her! All of our photos are amazing, and she was able to keep me calm throughout the crazy wedding day-which isn't very easy!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding this past year, I've been in a few weddings and this was by far the best experience with a photographer! She was fast and to the point, and yet got amazing photos of the group! At that point in the day we want to just have fun!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Daniel F

Jamie did a fantastic job with the pictures, she was incredibly responsive, and brought an energy and excitement that was infectious and really kept us motivated for the entire journey!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Lindee W

Jamie and her photos are outstanding. I really only cared about the wedding photos, as I figured everything else would work out for the wedding ( that's what everyone told me anyways!) I reviewed several photographer's work and knew Jamie was the one for us once I saw her... Read More work. Not only were our photos stunning. She was dependable, followed up immediately to my requests and was super easy to work with. I would not recommend anyone else for you wedding or other special event!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Kristin F

My husband and I were so fortunate to have been able to book Jamie for an engagement session and our big day! We were somewhat late in the game but she was still able to work with us and deliver above and beyond on everything we hoped for! We even kept a weather eye out... Read More throughout our winter engagement for the perfect snowstorm/blizzard... when it came along, Jamie contacted us and we all got up at 4:30am the next day so that we were ready when the snow came-- our "Winter Wonderland" engagement pictures were absolutely PERFECT! That session set the bar high and we were not disappointed when she far exceeded it at our wedding with gorgeous shots both at an outdoor nature sanctuary and the streets of downtown Minneapolis. We were so appreciative of the professionalism and warmth that she exuded at every meeting. She did everything she possibly could to meet all of our requests and made us feel completely at ease and comfortable. I was especially thankful for all of her help and enthusiasm with putting together our wedding day timeline. Even throughout the reception, she kept us on track (which we now know is really hard to do!). I can't imagine having anyone else there to capture our marriage so perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Jamie was great! Everything from our engagement pictures to the wedding pictures. Our photos turned out amazing! Jamie is wonderful to work with. On the day of our wedding Jamie kept everything moving and on schedule. She was also very accommodating to all our requests, she... Read More captured some amazing moments! I would highly recommend JuxtaPhotos!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

Jamie was absolutely wonderful. . We really wanted to have some pictures taken with some beloved horses and she was willing to do this and our photos are beautiful. Jamie is very good at understanding the "essence" of the bride and groom and, by doing so, the photos she creates... Read More are not only beautiful but capture so much more. We feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to have Jamie capture our day and I highly, highly recommend Jamie.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Jill L

Jamie was Amazing! I saw her photography work from a friend's wedding and I knew right away I wanted her to do my wedding as well. I love her unique style and how she is able to capture those precious moments. We were so happy with how our wedding photos turned out. I would... Read More highly recommend her! :)

Knows how you use light

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Anneka L

Jamie is a fantastic photographer and made us feel at ease. We ended up going with the 8 hour package with a second shooter. I am so glad we did, she and her team arrived in time to do some getting ready shots and then some pictures prior to the wedding. We used her for our... Read More engagement photos as well. Everyone has been amazed at our photos. Jamie does spectacular night shots. She knows how to pose people to make them look their best. We are a larger couple and she made sure we looked our best. She is worth every penny and understands how expensive a wedding can be and doesn't pressure you into prints or an album. I look forward to using her for other family pictures in the future.

Not just another wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Diorelle R

Jamie is one of those photographers who adds a little more something on her photos. There is that touch of spunk and elegance to her style which makes her photos so unique. It was so great working with her. She is very professional and personable at the same time. She is very... Read More knowledgeable of locations and time that would fit in the setting of our shoots. She made us feel comfortable even through the awkward poses! :) We highly to the Nth power recommend her!

Professional and Fun

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Jamie took our engagement and wedding photos. She is an amazing photographer, and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Would definitely recommend !

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Megs M

As a Bride/Groom that went to school for photography we were not only picky with our photographer choice, it was one of the bigger decisions for our wedding because we know that photos are all you have to bring that special day back again and again. While our budget for the... Read More photographer was in the middle, our wants for the photographer were at the top. After finding 4 different options and meeting with them all, we knew that Jamie was the one we wanted! We did an engagement session with her to get to know her better and we met with her a few times to ensure we were all on the same page for our big day. We put the pressure on her (she was great) and said we wanted at least one grand "magazine worthy" photo and she delivered! We ended up with many great photos and got a handful printed to hang on our walls. The other thing that is great about Jamie is that she will pass on any savings to you. For example, when her printers have a deal on photos, she passes that on. We received a GREAT deal on a canvas photo that enabled us to get a larger size to really showcase the day and bring it into our home. I highly recommend Juxtaphotos to anyone. She is so easy to get along with and her work ethics is great. She is not conceited like some other photographers that we met with and she is willing to get the shots you want. Jamie really deserves all the awards she has received over the years and trust me, you will have a relationship with your photographer for about 1.5 years so make sure to pick one you will be forever happy with. You don't know how many people told us after viewing our wedding photos that they loved them so much and that they picked a cheap or bad photographer and their photos are not good and they still regret it. They all sounded so disappointed and it really made me happy we chose Jamie. I will never regret that decision!

Beautiful Photos!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Renee J

With so many options of wedding photographers in the Twin Cities, it can be challenging to narrow it down. I looked at 50 plus different photographer websites, and found Jamie's images to be exceptional, unique, and at a reasonable price. Through the process, I was also... Read More impressed with how responsive she was to my emails. Jamie is very passionate about what she does and it shows in her work. She's especially skilled at outdoor photography and creative light use. I would highly recommend JuxtaPhotos for your engagement and wedding photography.

Surprised Even Me!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Jamie not only took amazing photos for our engagement and wedding, but she also contributed and hook-line-and-sinkered my surprise wedding. The lighting for the ceremony couldn't have been more difficult to deal with (evidenced by my guest's pics they took), but she somehow... Read More performed magic and they turned out awesome. And she took photos that captured the evening perfectly. There was shock and awe and wonder that night and you can see them in the photos. As for our engagement pics, she helped pic a beautiful spot to take our photos despite the sub-zero temps in December and snow littering the ground. She let us be ourselves in the photos and even took some numerous shots of us being our goofy selves. She also makes your post-photo session amazing. She sits you down in front of a big TV and look through your photos as she helps you sift through to your favorites. It isn't easy, since you want every single shot hanging on your walls. Not to mention her great suggestions for prints (and the options, WOAH!). I couldn't recommend Juxtaphotos and Jamie more. Loved our experience with her and so happy with our photos that feel more like art than vacation pics. Lastly, Jamie can keep a secret. She helped get the husband to the wedding without him even knowing he was getting married. And that's not easy to do.

SO happy!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Mallory B

Jamie and her team did a beautiful job on both our engagement and wedding photos. We were wow'd at each showing. Jamie's style is pretty unique compared to other wedding photographers in the area. Shots are both classic and artistic at the same time. If you are looking for... Read More stunning night shots Jamie should be your pick! Jamie is super easy to work with and is very responsive to all communication. I feel like my husband and I formed a great relationship which in my mind is an absolute requirement to be able to adequately capture personalities of the bride and groom. Jamie created a timeline for the wedding day, I found that this helped things move along quite smoothly. If I had to do it all over again, there is no way I would ever go with another photographer. I am SO happy with our choice. Jamie is the best!

Amazing JuxtaPhotos

Reviewed on 9/18/2014

Jamie is so easy to work with and we got exactly what we expected. She is a hard worker, has a great plan for the wedding night, and the photos turned out amazing. My wife and I both went to school for photography so out search was picky and difficult. Jamie delivered... Read More everything we wanted a more!

Everything we wanted!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Holly B

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. Jamie is fun, professional, creative, and incredibly talented. Jamie and her team stayed out of the way once the wedding/reception began, but the photos she got were absolutely stunning. She was everything we... Read More wanted in a wedding photographer!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Amy O

Our experience with Jamie and her team was amazing. Jamie was great to work with and instantly made you feel like you were her only client. She cared about everything we wanted and helped with more than our photos. We had an engagement session with her to get to know her better... Read More and loved all the pictures! She also helped with our wedding day schedule and her team helped with wedding details the day of the wedding. Jamie was efficient, friendly and most people didn't realize she was there taking pictures. Which shows how excellent of a photographer she is. Jamie and her team captured every moment of our wedding day brilliantly. We recently had our viewing of our wedding photos and we were beyond pleased. She is a true artist!! We also did the wedding photo station and it was a hit. All of our guests loved it and Jamie and her team did a great job. I highly recommend JuxtaPhotos.

Amazing Artist!

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Allison C

Jamie and her team are amazing! I saw her photos of a friend's wedding and they were the most artistic pictures I had ever seen. I loved her so much based on her work alone (without meeting her in person) that I booked her and flew her to Chicago for our wedding. She was... Read More extremely professional and the pictures are beautiful. She captured our day perfectly!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 April M

Jamie did an amazing job with our photos. I am not a picture person, and usually feel uncomfortable in front of the camera, but not with Jamie! She made me feel so relaxed and comfortable the entire time while taking pictures. She did an amazing job with keeping the entire... Read More wedding party on task! Jamie's assistant was great as well! She not only assisted Jamie but assisted me as well with finding family members and so much more! Thanks JuxtaPhotos!

Best Photographer

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Elena G

My husband and I loved working with Jamie (the owner/ photographer) for our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. She was more than just a photographer because she helped us out so much on the wedding day! While we were taking our pictures after the ceremony we realized... Read More that we never made a seating arrangement for the guests and when I was about to stress out about the situation, Jamie reminded me that it will be taken care of and to not worry about it. She was right and everything was taken care of as well as the pictures she took were amazing. I would and will highly recommend her to any and everyone looking for a photographer!

Couldn't of picked a better Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Cortney J

From the moment my husband and I met Jamie, we knew right then and there she was going to be our photographer. Her photographs blew us away! Her creativity is so amazing and she takes such wonderful shots. She also made us both feel so comfortable and our pictures never looked... Read More forced. She just told us where to look, where to stand and they came out perfect! I couldn't have picked a better photographer and will always recommend JuxtaPhotos to all my friends and family. SHE IS THE BEST!

Tough Critic Approved!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Jenny J

Jamie is a fantastic artist. She sees opportunities to capture beautiful moments from an artistic perspective. She seizes any chance she has to be creative and innovative so that her work is unique. Anyone can take photos, but Jamie creates art. She has a way of capturing... Read More people's natural beauty in a unique pose, within any environment that she has to work with. She is able to zone in on details and create a secluded feel within large spaces, and zoom out to include an entire landscape with you in the center. She always finds amazing natural backdrops for your photos. Not only is Jamie a great artist and photographer, but she is a very patient and helpful assistant to have along on your wedding day. I am very particular about things, and Jamie worked with me on the small details that I insisted on to make sure that I continued to feel satisfied as the day went on. She allowed me to be myself and voiced her concerns and opinions when necessary. She was very organized and stayed on schedule through out the day, and I was sad to see her leave at the end of the night. I am a very tough critic, and I approve! I recommend Jamie at Juxtaphotos because she will not disappoint!