Kakes By Karen

Marco Island,Naples,Bonita Springs,Ft. Myers,Sanibel,Captiva

Sweetening your special occasion

Our studio prides itself in providing our customers with a cake experience! Kakes by Karen is Nationally and Internationally known for being a Trend Setter, and Magazine Contributor, as well as for their teaching abilities and participation in various Cake Shows, Competitions, Cake Installations, Collaborations, Community Service, and for their contributions in furthering the art of cake decorating through their Judging Commitments. All of our cakes are custom-made, baked fresh from scratch, to satisfy each order. Karen and team specialize in the art of baking exceptionally delicious cakes, beautifully decorated in both rolled fondant and buttercream, using traditional and contemporary techniques. We look forward to meeting and servicing you in the near future. Congratulations! XOXO

Dietary Options

Kosher

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1030 Collier Center Way, Naples, FL Marco Island,Naples,Bonita Springs,Ft. Myers,Sanibel,Captiva (239) 514-2567

Delicious

Reviewed on 2/17/2014 Christina S

These cakes and cupcakes were absolutely delectable! She does such a wonderful job and everything and her staff is so friendly and hospitable!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 melissa b

Kakes by Karen created a beautiful japanese cherry blossom cake. TShe has won so many awards and as soon as we went for our tasting - we were hooked. the cakes are all made fresh NEVER frozen and on your anniversary she will make you a mini cake fresh at no charge! Unlike any... Read More cake I've ever seen or tasted. Frosting all homemade too!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Lisa R

I used Kakes by Karen based on many recommendations from other vendors in the Naples area and they did not disappoint. The cake looked beautiful and tasted delicious! They were very easy to work with and responded promptly to all inquiries. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Claire N

Our cake was amazing. We did our cake tasting a year before the wedding when we visited from Illinois. Cake was delicious and made with all natural coloring (i.e. red velvet had no red dye). Karen worked with Botanicals on the Gulf next door that we used for floral to get some... Read More flowers on the cake. It was gorgeous and they let us have some good creative freedom with how we wanted the frosting. Great service all around. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Theresa V

Amazing and extremely creative!!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Maria C

Karen and Courtney are the absolute best! They made cake tasting the most magical experience. The cakes are to die for from design to taste. You just pitch your idea and vision to Karen and she will make it come true. I always said I never wanted a chocolate cake at my wedding,... Read More but after trying Karen's chocolate cake I tried a little slice of heaven and knew I needed to have chocolate at my weeding. Besides the out of this world taste, Karen is a master in art and design. Her creations are like no other. Karen is the sweetest, bubbliest and most amazing person I've had the please of meeting. You literally want to make her a bridesmaid because you've made a new best friend.

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Caitlin D

We used Kakes by Karen for our wedding based on the recommendation of our coordinator and we are so happy we did! We worked with Courtney to set up everything and decide on the flavors for the tasting, it could not have been easier even from Ohio! Once we arrived the the tasting... Read More we were presented with amazing little cakes to sample and all the filling/topping options you can think of. After the wedding our guests raved about the cake so much we ate the rest of it the next night as a continuation of the celebration!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Alex M

Karen and her entire team was a pleasure to work with. Our cake was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Karen was so creative and sweet and took the time to help fix the cake stand we had ordered the day of the wedding because it was too wobbly to put the cake on. She really takes pride in her work.... Read More And the cake was delicious as well, our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Megan F

We had a fabulous experience with Kakes by Karen for our wedding cake November 20, 2016. We loved the personal experience of the cake tasting giving us unlimited and unique options! The shop has such cool decor and Courtney was really friendly and helpful during the tasting. We... Read More chose 3 flavors for our wedding cake: white champagne cake with vanilla buttercream filling, chocolate cake with guava filling, and lemon cake with lemon curd/ vanilla buttercream swirled filling. The texture of the cake and flavors were unlike anything else we tasted at other competitors. We rented the white cake stand from Kakes by Karen and added real flowers to our cake from our Florist. The cake design was the "messy" design I picked at the tasting from models in the store. I had them add "beading" at the base of the cake to give it a little extra. It turned out beautifully! Everyone at our wedding enjoyed the cake as much as we did! We highly recommend this bakery!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Trish W

Having Karen and her team do our wedding cake was one of the best experiences out of our whole wedding process! From the cake tasting to the design and pricing, Karen and her team were very accomadating and flexible. Despite having my wedding during their vacation time, they... Read More still went out of their way and decided to create the perfect cake for our wedding day! I will never forget that! They even got the look we wanted for our cake at the budget we wanted. Kakes by Karen truly is wonderful and I can guarantee you won't regret using their services. Not only do they seriously have the most delicious tasting cakes, they are the sweetest of people! Thank you Karen and your team for making our wedding day wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Mya H

Karen was literally and figuratively our sweetest vendor! She’s so artistically talented and her cakes are delicious. My new husband and I can’t wait until next year when we get to enjoy our top tier again! :D Karen and Courtney were so easy to communicate and plan with. I... Read More absolutely LOVED my five-tier design we ended up settling on. The four cake and icing flavors had to be delicious based on how quickly my 90 guests ate everything; I only got to try one flavor! Karen delivered and placed the flowers provided by my event designer on the cake the day of my wedding. Everything went so smoothly. My aunt raved at how sweet Karen was. I didn’t actually get to see the cake until I walked into the reception area after the ceremony, after everyone else was already eating. It was gorgeous and was most certainly the highlight of my reception! Thank you so much, Karen! It was everything I wanted!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Maarja A

Holy moly, amazing cake! Kakes by Karen made a beautiful three-tier almond/red velvet/guava light blue wedding cake with shell accents for our 4/10/16 wedding at Marco Beach Ocean Resort. It was wonderful to look at and absolutely delicious. Courtney in the office was great with... Read More questions and explaining the whole decision process. They have so many flavor and filling options - it’s a little overwhelming! But they help you navigate the process and I couldn’t be happier with our decision!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Lisa S

Karen made an absolutely amazing cake for our wedding. Not only did it look perfect, it tasted like heaven! I cannot wait until our one year anniversary for our cake! Also, the top three tiers were faux and at first I thought that was odd but now I can keep it for display. It... Read More looks so beautiful in our house on our wedding shelf!

Reviewed on 1/22/2016 Emily S

Kakes by Karen and her team were absolutely amazing to work with during our entire wedding planning process. They took the time to answer each question promptly leading up to our big day. Our initial tasting was so organized and they really helped narrow down different flavors... Read More and pairings. I could not get over how beautiful our cake turned out the day of the wedding. It was PERFECT! Our guests continue to talk about how great our cake was. I highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the area! You won't regret it.

INCREDIBLE ART

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 josephine s

Made a big mistake first time around with my first wedding cake so I was not going to make the same mistake twice. Loretta Bridal Salon recommended her and given her resume, that's all she wrote! It was on the expensive side ($7.50 SLICE with a $500 minimum order) but well... Read More worth it! Her designs were so artful, guests asked if that was the real cake or were we eating something else. The cake flavors were overwhelming and a harder choice than the entrees but whatever you choice is you won't be disappointed. The fillings were all so decadent, and unique it was outstanding. Very flexible as they allow different flavors and fillings in each layer. You also get a fresh one year anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Kate P

Karen and Courtney of Kakes by Karen are professional, accommodating, and fun to work with! Karen created a gorgeous cake for my June 6, 2015 wedding on Sanibel Island. I chose a very specific design and a couple variations of cake flavors and Kakes by Karen delivered a gorgeous... Read More and delicious cake! Our guests had many good things to say about it, too--best wedding cake ever! Kakes by Karen also provided delicious red velvet cupcakes for my bridal shower. Again, excellent quality and service. I was extremely happy with the service and products I purchased from Karen and Courtney. They are top notch and offer superior custom cakes. I would recommend Kakes by Karen without reservation.

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Denita B

Love! Love! Love! kakes by Karen. I now feel as though I am family with these awesome folks. We kinda hit it off from our tasting. They are the best, and most loving people to work with. The cake was awesome! super moist and delish. All the guest were happy, we had left over and... Read More my hubby took some to work for his team and they could not stop raving about how moist the cake was. Thanks guys for making our day very special and for being such kind and loving people.

Disappointment

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Michael F

After all the reviews on this site and others, I am disappointed. The top layer was Styrofoam with icing that was not communicated. the cake was stale on the wedding day it was late being delivered there was no way for us to communicate with them on the day of the wedding. We... Read More should have went with the reception host suggestion and did a Publix cake. Do not make the same mistake we did. This is not worth the cost.

2014-11-05T10:48:03 Response from the vendor

Dear Amber Ristucci, Thank you for your review and for providing us with a platform where we can show our evidence. Those who know me and my business, know that I am one of those few businesses who runs with honesty first. I do not... Read Less Read More

Karen makes beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 4/12/2014 Lori C

Cake was beautiful! Tasted delicious! Guests were very happy and impressed!

Delicious Cakes

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Ashley A

Kakes by Karen presented a beautiful cake from a photo that we had shown Karen. It was exactly what we wanted! I did not get a chance to eat the cake by everyone of my guests raved about how good each layer tasted. The Vanilla cake with nutella filling seemed to be the biggest... Read More hit! We highly recommend Kakes by Karen for anyone looking for a beautiful cake that tastes phenomenal.

Great Cake

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Very nicely done. Great cake.

Delicious & beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Christina P

The cake was exactly what I asked for. Yummy! Karen was so great to work with, too!

Fort Myers Beach, FL Wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Johanna S

We did a destination ALL-WHITE beach wedding and wanted cupcakes for the special event. Everyone was very professional, knowledgeable, and creative when trying to figure out what we wanted for frosting and cake flavors. Everything turned out AMAZING and our guests raved on how... Read More the cupcakes turned out. We loved their service so much we decided to order another cake for my parents 40th wedding anniversary (which was the day after mine!). We weren't really sure how we wanted it to look or what flavors. There was no time to do another tasting and we live in Virginia! We explained the event and they were able to put together an elegant and meaningful cake that symbolized their marriage. Again, they nailed it and it was gone in an hour (lemon/raspberry, definitely their signature) Whatever you want in a cake they can do!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Charice B

Elegant and beautiful cakes and cupcakes! Karen is a creative artist and has the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! We had a two-tiered wedding cake and 125 cupcakes in 5 different flavors. Our guests, even our photographers, said they were the best-tasting cupcakes... Read More they've ever had! Thanks Karen!

Moistest Cake Ever

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Heather K

Our cake turned out fabulouse!! We had three different flavors which everyone enjoyed!! The design was beuatiful!!