Sweetening your special occasion

Amazing hand-elaborated, custom-made cakes baked fresh to satisfy each order. Karen specializes in the art of baking exceptionally delicious cakes, beautifully decorated in rolled fondant using traditional and contemporary techniques. Incorporating only the freshest, top quality ingredients, Karen t

$$

Type

Kosher

1030 Collier Center Way, Naples, FL

Delicious

Reviewed on 2/17/2014 Christina S

These cakes and cupcakes were absolutely delectable! She does such a wonderful job and everything and her staff is so friendly and hospitable!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 melissa b

Kakes by Karen created a beautiful japanese cherry blossom cake. TShe has won so many awards and as soon as we went for our tasting - we were hooked. the cakes are all made fresh NEVER frozen and on your anniversary she will make you a mini cake fresh at no charge! Unlike any cake I've ever seen or tasted. Frosting all homemade too!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Lisa R

I used Kakes by Karen based on many recommendations from other vendors in the Naples area and they did not disappoint. The cake looked beautiful and tasted delicious! They were very easy to work with and responded promptly to all inquiries. I highly recommend!

Disappointment

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Michael F

After all the reviews on this site and others, I am disappointed. The top layer was Styrofoam with icing that was not communicated. the cake was stale on the wedding day it was late being delivered there was no way for us to communicate with them on the day of the wedding. We should have went with the reception host suggestion and did a Publix cake. Do not make the same mistake we did. This is not worth the cost.

11/05/2014 Response from the vendor

Dear Amber Ristucci, Thank you for your review and for providing us with a platform where we can show our evidence. Those who know me and my business, know that I am one of those few businesses who runs with honesty first. I do not... Read Less Read More

Karen makes beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 4/12/2014 Lori C

Cake was beautiful! Tasted delicious! Guests were very happy and impressed!

Delicious Cakes

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Ashley A

Kakes by Karen presented a beautiful cake from a photo that we had shown Karen. It was exactly what we wanted! I did not get a chance to eat the cake by everyone of my guests raved about how good each layer tasted. The Vanilla cake with nutella filling seemed to be the biggest hit! We highly recommend Kakes by Karen for anyone looking for a beautiful cake that tastes phenomenal.

Great Cake

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Very nicely done. Great cake.

Delicious & beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Christina P

The cake was exactly what I asked for. Yummy! Karen was so great to work with, too!

Fort Myers Beach, FL Wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Johanna S

We did a destination ALL-WHITE beach wedding and wanted cupcakes for the special event. Everyone was very professional, knowledgeable, and creative when trying to figure out what we wanted for frosting and cake flavors. Everything turned out AMAZING and our guests raved on how the cupcakes turned out. We loved their service so much we decided to order another cake for my parents 40th wedding anniversary (which was the day after mine!). We weren't really sure how we wanted it to look or what flavors. There was no time to do another tasting and we live in Virginia! We explained the event and they were able to put together an elegant and meaningful cake that symbolized their marriage. Again, they nailed it and it was gone in an hour (lemon/raspberry, definitely their signature) Whatever you want in a cake they can do!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 4/05/2013 Charice B

Elegant and beautiful cakes and cupcakes! Karen is a creative artist and has the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! We had a two-tiered wedding cake and 125 cupcakes in 5 different flavors. Our guests, even our photographers, said they were the best-tasting cupcakes they've ever had! Thanks Karen!

Moistest Cake Ever

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Heather K

Our cake turned out fabulouse!! We had three different flavors which everyone enjoyed!! The design was beuatiful!!

Wedding Cakes

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Amber V

Karen and her staff did an amazing job with our wedding cake. We were able to create just the look we wanted with a small wedding cake and then an assortment of different jumbo cupcakes. The cake tasting was amazing, and we received so many compliments on our cake/cupcakes and how delicious they were. Karen was also very professional, and got back to us with questions very quickly. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a special occasion cake in SW Florida!

Amazing cupcakes

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 scarlett r

Cupcakes were affordable and very moist! Great staff to work with!

THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Joshua V

If you are getting married and looking for a cake/cupcakes, this is the only vendor to work with. She even sends you a cake on your 1st year anniversary. Very creative and detailed. Contact Kakes by Karen to receive the best service and quality! Joshua Minnesota

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Karina D

Karen was so wonderful to work with. She listened to what we wanted, answered all of our questions and was just generally great. The cake and cupcakes were delicious and we enjoyed them for the entire week following our wedding. She was able to make us a beautiful cake to match our vision and we were able to stay within budget. To top it all off, Karen went out of her way to deliver the cake and cupcakes to us the day of our wedding. Such a wonderful person and baker!

Karen does simply stunning work!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2012 Tonya L

Karen was an absolute dream. Our first meeting couldn't have been better - Karen's shop is adorable, and displays multiple examples of her exquisite work all around - you instantly get a feel for the artistry she brings to her craft. She is the sweetest, most friendly woman, completely open to all of our ideas, had great suggestions, and was able to show us many examples of stunning projects she had done in the past, so we had full confidence in her ability to create our concept. The final product was absoutly AMAZING! It broke my heart to have to cut into a masterpiece. Of course, the review wouldn't be complete without mention of the taste! During our first visit, Karen arranged a full tasting of her flavors - each one was truly to die for, and the hardest part of the process was deciding which flavors we wanted. Our wedding cake flavor was identical to the ones we fell in love with at the tasting. Thank you so much Karen.

Spectacular cake and delicious!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Allison W

Karen did an outstanding job on my wedding cake and being from out of town she made the process stress free. I was able to send her pictures which she then transformed into a sketch of exactly what I had envisioned my cake to look like. She was on point with all features down to the sand feature that I wanted with our initials and wedding cake. We were even happier after we met with Karen. She was so friendly and personable and I couldn't have picked a better person to do our wedding cake. Unfortunately I live out of town however, if I need a cake for any other event I would highly recommend Karen to all brides in and outside of Naples. Just check out her website her cakes sell themselves I am sure you will be wowed just like I was. After looking at her website one time I knew I had found my cake designer. Thanks again Karen!!!!

Karen is the best of the best!

Reviewed on 3/29/2012 Janell K

Karen and her staff are beyond talented and very highly recommended. Every experience we had with her, from tastings and picking out a design, to phone calls and emails were handled in a positive, professional, and kind way. She truly loves what she does and genuinely cares for her clients, obviously wanting the very best for their wedding day. We changed our guest count many times, ended up with a very early delivery time on Superbowl Sunday, and changed the amount of detail decorations and she always handled things wonderfully! She was great about working within our budget when I feel that any other baker would have told us what we wanted couldn't be done for the amount we could afford, but Karen was willing to work with us! She even ended up delivering a little more wedding cake than we paid for on our wedding day which worked out great because we were able to take a little home with us afterwards. :) The details on our cake were beyond what I could have ever imagined and you could see just how much time, effort, and LOVE Karen puts into her product. We chose a four tier wedding cake with red velvet & cream cheese, almond amaretto & almond buttercream, and lemon cake with raspberry buttercream. She even asked us not to freeze the top tier so that she could make us a fresh one to celebrate our year anniversary. We also had a fish shaped grooms cake made. The cake flavors were exceptional. The cake was moist and fresh and had just enough frosting to compliment the flavors without overpowering the cake. Karen definately knows what she is doing. The sugar flower work on our cake was breathtaking. I could hardly believe that it was even possible that she could make something like she presented us with. Everyone said that it was the most beautiful cake they had ever seen. Our grooms cake was also a huge hit. The colors were bright and fun and my husband could barely bring himself to cut the cake! I can't wait until the next friend or family members wedding just so that we have the opportunity to work with or try another one of Karen's cakes. If you are looking for a baker, look no further, Karen is the best you will find.

A+, Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 3/29/2012 Amanda B

Kakes By Karen was great! From start to finish their work and customer service was impeccable. I received multiple compliments from guests at the wedding on how delicious the cake was too! I highly recommend Kakes by Karen, I promise they will exceed your expectations!

Talent beyond talent

Reviewed on 3/20/2012 Lindsey M

Karen and her team are absolutely beyond talented! They created our wedding cake and groom's cake which we both had a vision for; they made our visions come alive! Not only were the cakes perfection but they tasted amazing! Very professional and absolutely talented!

Delicious Masterpiece

Reviewed on 1/05/2012 Caitlin L

Kakes by Karen made our wedding cake and cupcakes for our guests and not only were they so beautiful to look at they were so delicious!

Rave Review

Reviewed on 1/03/2012 Valerie V

My husband I were recently married at the Pink Shell Beach Resort and Spa in Fort Myers Beach. Karen made our breath taking cake. When I saw the cake as I entered the ballroom I was moved to tears. I had only given Karen a picture of what I was dreaming of, but her rendition was far superior and truly exceeded my expectations. The guests at my wedding gushed about how beautiful the cake was and even more importantly the raved about how delicious it was. Her cakes really do melt in your mouth, they are to die for! At weddings I have attended there is usually cake left over. We had only 85 guests and I ordered enough cake for 110, shockingly there was no cake left over. We provided cake boxes to the resort so that leftover cake could be taken home if the guests so desired (and they did!). In addition to the cake being beautiful and scrumptious, Karen is truly a gem. She has so much passion for her craft and will spend hours, if you're willing listen, telling you all about cakes and frostings. Every conversation with Karen left me feeling valued and she made me feel as though she cared and was as invested in making every detail of my day perfect, including my cake. Since our wedding was a destination wedding I truly valued Karen’s responsiveness. If she missed my call I would receive a call or text usually within the hour and definitely no later than the end of the day. Karen also provided my with recommendations for other vendors. In addition to providing insightful recommendations about other local vendors Karen was able to assist me in selecting cake for my Cuban/ American wedding. I truly cannot thank Karen enough for the magnificent cake and for being so wonderful to work with. I highly recommend her for your wedding if you're in the area. My husband and I are already looking forward to returning to Fort Myers for our first anniversary and to get out top tier rebaked! Infinite thanks to Karen and her team!!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Lisa R

The cake was so beautiful and all the guests commented on how delicious it was. I unfortunately got so busy on the dance floor having a good time that I only had a bite which I thought was amazing. I can say what I did eat of it was DELICIOUS, it looked like a piece of art and everyone LOVED it!!! A little tip for fellow brides, make it a point to eat your cake or have some saved for you, I so missed out on mine and was so looking forward to eating it!! Karen really did do an amazing job!!

Outstanding!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Samantha O

From the first meeting at the cake tasting to seeing it for the first time on our wedding day. Karens hospitality, attention to detail and care has been outstanding. The cakes looked amazing and tasted out of this world. Our guests are talking about it still now. I could not express how much I would recommend Karen to you. You will not be disappointed.

Cake

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Heather K

The cake was excellent although we were allowed to pick up to 3 flavors and I believe we only really got two out of the three. Other than that the cake was delicious! A++

10/11/2011 Response from Karen, the member

Hi Heather! Thank you for your review! We made three flavors for you :). The top and middle tier were both banana with vanilla Bavarian creme and the bottom tier was 1/2 coconut and 1/2 meyer lemon with lemon curd... I baked them myself because... Read Less Read More

TO Kakes By Karen