Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Taylor, MI (313) 718-2433

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Marie L

After visiting several bakeries in southeast Michigan and being unimpressed, we found Jackie and Kalmar cakes. At our initial tasting we were blown away on how great the cake, fillings and frosting were. We couldn't stop eating the cake and frosting and we knew within minutes... Read More that Jakie was going to make our wedding cake. We decided to go with mini cupcakes for our guests and a 2-tiered wedding cake for us. We had a rustic themed wedding and Jackie made our cake to look like a tree, and it was absolutely breathtaking. Not only did it look the part, but it tasted outstanding. We had a variety of cupcakes such as carrot cake, oreo cookie, strawberry and chocolate filled. All received numerous compliments on how tasty they were.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Amy P

Kalmar Kakes impressed us on our first meeting so we booked them. However, they are unorganized, it is run by mother and daughter and it seemed like they did not communicate well. They changed our cake flavors and fillings without telling us. I was pretty upset, cutting the cake... Read More for the first time, realizing it was the wrong flavor and filling. We also physically drove to them to drop off the cake topper and some candy decorations to put on the cake and they did not put them on (the cake topper they did of course). They gave no reason as to why they didn't put them on. We had a scripting design on our cake and it was of poor quality. When we confronted them about the wrong flavors, they responded in an unprofessional way, I believe. They said the cake flavor and filling was not a good match so they just changed it. I would have been open to that or used a different flavor if they would have COMMUNICATED with us. Instead, they let it be a surprise. They offered to give us 20% off a cake in the future to make up for the mistake. That's not acceptable for me. So, if you order a cake from them, just make sure everything is clear and the communication is open.

2017-02-19T14:49:33 Response from the vendor

Once again we are sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your wedding cake. We take any order but especially wedding cakes very seriously. I think you misunderstood our email, we did not change any cake flavors. while making your cake I became concerned... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! and Delicious! My cake far exceded my expectations. It was completely personalized to my specifications, which made it even more special. We served it as our dessert and everyone raved about it. The best part was I never worried about a thing... Read More they were so professional . Not to mention there isn;t a bakery around that could compete with their prices,. Thanks Kalmar Kakes!!