Kara Miller Photography

Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Wine Country & Carmel

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Wine Country & Carmel (408) 256-0715

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 stormy M

Since her work speaks for herself, I would like to point out the not so obvious benefits when working with Kara. She's a consultant, confidant, and anticipates the needs of the couple. From the very beginning of our engagement shoot, she brainstormed with me regarding clothing,... Read More makeup, and poses. During our shoot, she put our minds at ease to feel more comfortable during the poses. She consulted with me regarding the videographer/photographer dynamic, specific and important shots, and how to field bossy relatives and friends. She even made sure the bridal party had their champagne glasses full in the morning :) Truly- there were only pleasant surprises with Kara. If you are looking for a talented photographer that understands the intricacies of a special event and will be there to support you, you found her.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Laura F

Kara is absolutely wonderful! She and her team are incredibly professional, fun, and turn around gorgeous photos! Worth every penny! Kara did both our engagement photos and wedding photos, this was incredibly helpful, because we felt so at ease on our wedding day with her. My... Read More husband was a bit nervous going into our engagement photos, as he is not used to getting photographed much (not a selfie fan, lol), but Kara made him feel very comfortable, so by the time the wedding day rolled around, there were no worries. Her quality, timeliness, and white glove service is impeccable, I would highly recommend Kara to anyone considering engagement, wedding or family photos!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Jillian R

Kara was incredible! She is very sweet and professional, so everyone at the wedding loved working with her. She wasn't intrusive at all, but we still ended up with almost a thousand gorgeous pictures! It's amazing how she caught all of the little moments along with the required... Read More shots, and we still love going through the photo album and reliving the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Annie M

From the very first meeting with Kara, we could tell off the bat that her easy-going and energetic demeanor would make her our perfect wedding photographer! And when we talk about energy, this amazing woman shot our engagement shoot while she was 8 months pregnant! The... Read More pictures from the shoot came out awesome and I highly recommend doing an engagement shoot with her so everyone can get to know each other better before the wedding day. As for the photos of our wedding, they are gorgeous in every way. I absolutely love the lighting and richness of all the photos. Golden hour pictures are her specialty! We also got the nice surprise of having her shoot not only with her DSLR but also a film camera! A really nice touch to have! While all of these are great, I am even more grateful for all the candid shots she captured throughout the night as those are the ones that make the best memories! I couldn't have asked for a better person to capture our special day. Thanks again Kara!

Book Kara Now!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Analis R

From the beginning, Kara was an absolute dream to work with! My husband and I could not be happier with both our engagement & wedding photos. Choosing Kara as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. She is detail-oriented and fully dedicated to... Read More her clients. Kara made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She is so easygoing and fun! From my first conversation with Kara, I knew she was the one for us. I could feel her energy and passion. She absolutely LOVES what she does!!! Her portraits are stunning! Every special moment of the day was captured beautifully. We will treasure our lovely photos for years and years come.

Kara takes care of her customers

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Rebecca S

Kara's emphasis on getting to know her clients as well as going for a casual look in her photography is what drew us to working with her. Being out of town, Kara was incredibly accommodating by having several on the phone interviews and when we were in town we met with her... Read More several times to go over all the little details of the day. On the day of, Kara knows how to get families to stand in the right place and how to get all those most important shots (especially the sunset wedding photos). The coordinator where we had our reception commented on Kara's professionalism and ability to get things done as wonderful traits she'd never seen quite like in any other photographer she had worked with. When all the photos have been taken and delivered to us, they were very easy to download from her website. There's also a storefront set up in case your relatives wish to purchase prints from her. We purchased a package where we could do with the prints as we pleased. Kara is obviously very tech savvy.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Anna S

Hiring Kara Miller as your photographer will be the second best decision you make for your wedding (after saying "I Do" of course!). We could not afford to hire a videographer, so we knew our photographer really had to nail it by bringing out every detail of our big day in... Read More still shots. After reviewing Kara's portfolio and meeting with her to get a feel for her style and demeanor, we quickly realized that she was just what we were looking for and our search for a photographer stopped quickly. Kara is poised, sweet, creative, organized, detail-oriented, and sincerely committed to her clients and her work. She was extremely responsive and supportive throughout every step of the wedding planning process, from our initial interview/agreement to engagement photos to the wedding itself. I was daunted by the thought of articulating what kind of photos we wanted to walk away with, but Kara knew exactly how to glean these details from us and what questions to ask in order to capture the right objects, moments, people, and backdrops. I will say that scheduling an engagement photo session was vital to the positive relationship we built with Kara--we developed rapport quickly, knew what to expect on the wedding day, she understood what we were like as a couple and what kind of staging/scenery made our jaws drop, and planning together for the wedding unfolded very comfortably from that point forward. Kara has a natural eye for beautiful, dreamy, sun-kissed photos. If that's your style, she's the best there is (and her assistants are excellent, too!). I loved the variety of photos she took with both a digital camera and on real film--the diverse colors, textures, and lighting she achieves in her shots are simply stunning. It was also helpful to have her independently figure out where the perfect photo-op spots would be at our wedding venue based on the location of the sun and shadows. It's her 6th sense. When I told her I wanted to take photos with my horse in my wedding dress (#crazybrideideas) she didn't bat an eye. She sent us a handwritten note and a little engagement gift package, just because she's that thoughtful. She was able to corral my gigantic, loud, distracted family and get incredible shots of all 60+ of us in less than 10 minutes. There are dozens more stories and comments I could share that highlight Kara's professionalism and talent. The best part? She loves what she does and she LOVES love, so what more could you ask for from a wedding photographer? Look no further--she's your girl.

Kara is Fabulous

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Nikki G

This was the best decision we made when it came to our wedding! Our photographer was the most important vendor I knew we were going to hire - I looked forever and when I came across Kara I knew we had found the right person. From the start with our engagement photos Kara... Read More was such a warm and bubbly person. She even got excited taking our photos. My husband and I both felt very comfortable being in front of the camera with her! I down the line can't wait to work with Kara again for family photos, and baby photos!

best decision

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Sophia D

I started looking for photographers right after I booked the venue since it was my next highest priority. I was very overwhelmed by options for photographers in the bay area. I stumbled upon Kara on Yelp, and once I met her I knew I didn't have to look any further. Kara is so... Read More genuine and her happiness radiates. She is very very talented, and we had an engagement session a few months before our wedding that made me even more excited for her to shoot our wedding. Kara had a very extensive form for photos that we wanted, and things we wanted to capture, and she and her team very on-time for the big day. Kara knew when to jump in and when to blend in to capture the perfect shots, both candid and posed. She even wrangled about 45 family members for a giant family portrait, and got us all with our eyes open - amazing!

Love our Pictures - Kara is great to work with!

Reviewed on 6/19/2015

Working with Kara had been a pleasure. We really saw the beauty of our wedding day through her photos. She definitely has a talent - the right composition, lighting, and artistry. All our photos evoked "happiness" - and that's how we will always remember that day. Kara has... Read More a very cheerful personality and makes you feel at ease in front of the camera. She has great care and attention to detail; so she anticipates the right shots at the right time. Being in front of the camera all day didn't feel that arduous (which may be the case as I have been in many bridal parties) - it just felt organized and smooth. Even with the engagement pictures, she was so flexible with the new space I recommended - she went weekends before to scout out the location and find perfect spots so that our session went smoothly. + She's quick - pictures were turned around within weeks. + She gives great directions for many of us who are not quite as "natural" on the camera. Everyone looked lovely because of this! + She's really good with the kids! It's sometimes hard to get them to cooperate photo after photo; but she is able to get a big smile out of them. +She followed the shot list I gave her (with a big family - it was really long - but things were organized quickly and just flowed); she also made sure to capture all the personal details we put into the wedding because she knew these were important to us. +She has a good client management system which keeps things like contracts, etc. organized . +She knows weddings! We didn't feel like her clients - we felt more like we had a good friend take our pictures that day because she knew which sentimental things mattered to you and what you wanted. She was there for you at anytime - to make sure your hair is in place, etc. because she cared to have your day be perfect.

You'll Be Lucky to Get Kara!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Catherine Y

My husband and I were thrilled with the job that Kara Miller did as our wedding photographer. Everything went smoothly, from our initial meeting to receiving our photos (which happened very quickly). Kara is a pleasure to work with and quite an artist--we had in mind some... Read More dramatic sunset-over-the-golden-gate-bridge shots, which she really ran with, and she actually managed to capture better images than we had imagined. Upon seeing our wedding photos, we heard several declarations (from not-easy to please wedding guests) that Kara's photos were the most beautiful wedding photos they had ever seen! Kara also is very relaxed and easy to be around on the big day, yet very hard-working and organized. We were so fortunate to find Kara, and wholeheartedly endorse her work. http://www.yelp.com/biz/kara-miller-photography-san-jose?hrid=4R-HB6ZblkvbjHl2S_qh5Q

Kara is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Jessica H

Kara could not be more amazing and I could not be happier we chose to have her photograph our wedding. She was a joy to work with - professional, kind, accommodating and not to mention insanely talented. She was also willing to be flexible and work with us on tailoring her... Read More wedding collection package to meet our needs. The photos came out incredible (everyone in our life has RAVED about them). From beginning to end Kara was responsive, thoughtful and her online planning tool was very easy to navigate. Can't recommend her enough. Thank you Kara!!

Great Talent with a Personal Touch

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Stacey A

From the first meeting with Kara, I could tell what a great fit she would be for our wedding and to work with. So personable, relaxed, talented...we just got along perfectly! Throughout the planning process, her constant check ins and gifts in the mail would really brighten my... Read More day and calm this stressed-out bride down. When it came to doing our engagement session, Kara was down to try new things and even run around with us in the cold weather when she was pregnant. She is beyond dedicated to her craft! On the wedding day (11.1.14), Kara just seemed like another one of my bridesmaids when I was getting ready, and another guest at the wedding - not intrusive, not demanding, quietly and perfectly capturing moments without us even knowing. AND, to top it off .. she is SUPER fast at responding and delivering photos -- within a few weeks of our wedding day, all the photos were in my mailbox. That was the icing on top of the cake. I would recommend Kara to any bride... you won't regret it!

The Right Choice

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Laura M

Finding the right wedding photographer was perhaps the most stressful and difficult decision I made as a bride. It was the third biggest expense and, unlike the venue and food, I knew the photos would be something I would experience for years to come. I searched the web and... Read More looked at more photographers than I could count. When I looked at Kara’s site and portfolio, I quickly fell in love with her style. Her photos are romantic and natural and really capture the feelings that go on in a wedding. I drove over an hour to meet with Kara at her office in Campbell and was glad I did. She is personable and friendly. She showed me some albums from previous weddings and we talked about all of the details and the contract. Even though I was quite sure about Kara, I did not feel pressured to sign anything right then and went home to discuss the decision with my parents and groom. When I finally did make the decision and emailed her, she sent me an online contract to review and sign. The whole process was very easy. Leading up to the wedding, Kara was very helpful. She sent a worksheet for me to fill out with wedding details and answered all of my questions. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant arrived on time and were very professional. My family commented on how great it was that they never really noticed the photographers even though they seemed to be taking photos everywhere. When it came time for posed photos, both Kara and her assistant were great at getting the right people in the photos and directing us what to do. Less than 3 weeks after the wedding, while we were honeymooning in Nicaragua, we received an email with a link to our wedding photo gallery! I couldn’t believe how quickly she had them ready. It was so nice to be able to look at them while we were enjoying our vacation. When we got home, our USB drive with the photos on it was waiting for us. I am so happy we hired Kara Miller as our wedding photographer. Six months later and I still love looking at all of the photos and showing them off. I highly recommend her!

Great Experience with Kara Miller

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Scott S

My husband and I could not be happier with the decision we made to hire Kara as our wedding photographer. It was initially her beautiful website that caught my eye, so we reached out to her to set up a time to chat. During our initial phone conversation, we asked her a seemingly... Read More endless number of questions about the process. She provided us all the information and addressed all of our questions in a way that made us feel very comfortable and at ease with her. We felt just as at ease during our initial meeting with her and when she shot our engagement pictures. We had such a fun time with her taking our engagement pictures, and we were pleased that Kara was open to traveling to a few different spots in San Francisco to capture the backdrops that we wanted. When we received the finished product, we LOVED them! I appreciated that Kara made sure to get all of the information from us in advance about what pictures we wanted taken at the wedding, what was especially important to us, and any other details that would allow her to capture our day in a way that reflected us. On the day of the wedding, Kara was such a pro. When she arrived, she was very self-sufficient and went about the suite that my bridesmaids and I were getting ready in, taking pictures of all of the important details. At the point where I was at the height of my stress (hair and makeup took longer than expected and I was running behind), Kara provided such a sense of calm. She knew just what to do and was able to diffuse some of the tension while also capturing some amazing shots of my matron of honor and I putting on the final touches of getting ready. I don't think she knows just how comfortable she made me feel and how much I appreciated her at that moment. She gave the subtle sense that she had it all under control while also not dominating the moment. As we left the suite, I forgot my bouquet. Kara noticed before we even got down the hall and went back to grab it for me. I was SO grateful to have her as my photographer during those moments. Kara went on to capture gorgeous shots of our first look, our bridal party, and our family and friends. During the ceremony and reception, she was able to capture great pictures without being intrusive. Never once were we taken out of the emotional moment by the thought that our pictures were being taken. I look at the pictures she took, which really captured all the fun we had, and I can't stop smiling. I would recommend Kara again and again!

Unique and Professional

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Jennifer H

We used Kara for our engagement and wedding photos. She asked us before hand what shots we wanted her to get and I gave her free rein. (as ive seen her other work and love it all) She was very professional, warm, friendly and speedy with her shots, so we could go and join the... Read More party. When we werent looking, up would pop in Kara to get the awesome action shots. She is not only great but very affordable as well!

Kara Miller. Amazing.

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Lauren D

We absolutely loved working with Kara Miller. She was accommodating and kind. I really don't love the camera - but Kara made me feel so comfortable. Our engagement session was great. She was flexible and helpful - I honestly had no idea what to expect, but I showed her a few... Read More sights we liked and she worked her magic! The wedding (besides being the best day ever) was perfectly captured by Kara and her assistant. Her pictures perfectly told the story of our wedding and she captured so many wonderful memories. We would HIGHLY recommend Kara Miller's services. She is fun to work with, and worth every penny. We treasure our pictures and love looking back and reliving the best day of our lives. We love you Kara!!

Beautiful Wedding Photos!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

I have been following the works of Kara Miller Photography before I was ever in love with my now-husband. I thought if I were to ever be lucky enough to get married, that it would be in heaven to have her as my wedding photographer. A few short years later, it happened!... Read More I fell in love, got engaged, and when we started talking about our "wants" for the wedding I practically screamed out "We need to have Kara Miller!". The day of my wedding, Kara was like a quiet butterfly, flittering about each room snapping photos, arranging beautiful flowers and bouttennierre's for photos, making myself and everyone in our wedding party feel comfortable and relaxed. We had pre and post wedding photos and I'd like to say how organized it was. Kara had lists of groups of people for each shoot to make the process much less stressful. When we finally got all of out photos back from Kara, both my husband and I could not believe how amazing our photos were! She is so talented and is able to take every moment and elevate it to another level with her "eye" for photos. She made our wedding so special because in a matter of 12 hours, our wedding day came and went, however the wedding photos are going to be cherished forever. Kara Miller Photography deserves to be at the top of the Tied the Knot list because she is the very BEST! I love Kara Miller Photography!! Sincerely, One happy bride.... Mrs. Christine Schell

Fantastic photographer, your search can end here!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Erin V

Ok, so we all know that wedding planning involves a LOT searching these days. If you are anything like me, you took on the planning yourself and want to make sure you do your research and find the best person for each job in your wedding. You search all the sites, google as... Read More many word combinations as you can think of and contact people over and over until you find just the right person. Well, I'll make it easy for you - hire Kara as your photographer trust me, she's the best. We hired Kara as our photographer after a long and intensive search to find the perfect person who would meet our needs. I am a real photography nerd, I love, love, love gorgeous photo's and I wanted to have really good documentation of our day. I searched high and low here in the bay area looking for someone who had beautiful work, was super friendly, and was reasonably affordable. Going into the process I knew that this would be a large chunk of our wedding budget but it was one of my top priorities so that was ok. At the same time my budget was pretty low so I needed to make sure I kept things in a certain range. I think I contacted 20-30 photographers, narrowed it down to 3-4 and then settled on Kara. So, take it from me, she is definitely the best option in the bay area/northern california. From the beginning Kara was wonderful, timely in her communication, clear in what she could offer and what we could expect and delivered on everything she promised. My husband and I absolutely loved working with Kara, and are very happy with the end result. We are both the type of people that really don't like to be photographed and I was worried about the process but Kara put me at ease from the beginning. We also had a number of people compliment the pictures and tell us how great they were. The pictures were gorgeous and there are so many, it's hard to choose my favorite to put into an album!! Anyone searching for a photographer in the bay area (or beyond) definitely go with Kara, I promise you won't regret it.

Best Wedding Day Decision, Besides Marrying Each Other

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Jessie A

Kara is absolutely ah-mazing!!! From start to finish, Kara was definitely the best decision we made in our wedding. We chose her because the photos on her site were gorgeous and when we met for our initial meeting she was warm and funny and professional. During our... Read More engagement shoot, Kara was 8 months pregnant and she was bending and crouching and running all over the place to get the best shots possible. She got the photos back to super fast because we wanted to include them in our save the date. The lighting, poses and quality of the photos were spectacular and we knew then we had made the right choice for our big day. During the planning process, Kara was professional and she responded quickly and professionally to each and every one of my bridezilla emails. In the day of our wedding Kara showed up early to my bridal suite with a huge smile in her face and jumped straight into action. She moved swiftly and conspicuously around the suite taking photos of my girls and I getting ready and kept track of capturing all the little details I couldn't keep track of in the craziness of the morning. At the same time, the second shooter was doing an equally awesome job over at the boys suite. Throughout the day and the evening, Kara kept beside us every step of the way making sure she got all of the candid shots. She kept us on track and made sure we took time away from the craziness to get amazing shots of just the two of us. We've only seen a few shots, but they are amazing and I know the rest of them will be just as stunning. Thank you, Kara, your amazing spirit and fabulous photos will be with us forever. J&B Apigo

Kara's the Best!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Victoria W

One of the best decisions we made in prepping for our wedding was deciding to work with Kara. When we first met her, we knew immediately that it was going to work out - she is warm, friendly, and above all, very straightforward and genuine. We knew from her website and all the... Read More information she gave us upfront that she would be easy to work with and professional. Perhaps the one thing that stood out the most with Kara is her transparency and candor - unlike a lot of the prospective wedding vendors we talked to, she was very upfront and never once tried to hide the ball or up-sell us. Already knowing that the photos she took for others' weddings were gorgeous, we went with our gut instinct and it paid off in spades. Kara is extremely talented, and very good at making us feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire engagement shoot and wedding photo process. She was also very receptive to our ideas and 100% committed to helping us achieve our vision of what our engagement/wedding album would look like -- whether that meant promptly answering our emails despite having a newborn baby or literally lying on the floor bent at an awkward angle in order capture that one perfect shot, she was there for us with each step of the way. She has a great eye for details and beauty, and we couldn't have been happier. She made our special day just that much more special. :)

Kara is the best!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Aliza S

Kara was very pregnant at our wedding and was such a trooper!! It was really hot and she was tireless. Our photos are gorgeous - we continue to get compliments over a year later. I would hire Kara again in a heart beat and plan to have her do many more photos of our lives... Read More in the future!

Positive Attitude and Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Alissa C

My husband and I were delighted to meet with Kara and discuss our wedding a year away. She really wants to get to know you and what makes your relationship so special. Kara was open and honest and even shared with us that she was pregnant and would be due the same month as our... Read More wedding. Kara assured us that she would provide back up photography and eased our fears. On the day of our wedding Kara was outstanding. She moved that super cute baby belly around with ease still getting amazing shots and walking up hills to work angles. She is an angel. You want a photographer that cares about your photos but also cares about you and how you feel on your wedding day. She put up with my bridezilla behavior and requests all day long. Looking forward to working with her in the future.

Genuinely caring and talented photographer

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Alexandra A

I knew working with Kara was the right choice as soon as I talked to her and bombarded her with questions, which she graciously answered. I planned my wedding from across the country and she was very accommodating and communicated well through phone and email. She was able to... Read More fit us in for engagement pictures on a short trip to CA and suggested a beautiful setting in Briones Park. She gave us easy to follow suggestions as this was our first professional photo shoot. The wedding photography included an engagement shoot with about 70 digital images, full day wedding with a second shooter and a small reasonable travel fee. The day of she arrived in time for when I was getting hair and makeup done and stayed until the party was winding down. She is truly an amazing person and equally talented. Just one look at her website and you'll know she's the photographer you've been dreaming of!

Amazing wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 3/24/2013 Laura C

Kara is an amazing wedding photographer! She was an absolute pleasure to work with, from start to finish. We picked her because her photos on her website are beautiful, she was professional and friendly at our initial meeting, and her rates are very reasonable. I couldn't... Read More have been happier with this decision. Kara was a huge help throughout the entire wedding planning process. She responded promptly when I had questions, and she provided a sample timeline to help with the day-of schedule. She has an easy to use online worksheet to help plan all the day-of photos and timeline. On the day-of, Kara made the photos totally stress free. She has a very warm, calm and understated presence that makes her easy to be around. She captured the "behind-the-scenes" photos without making me feel aware of being photographed. My husband and I don't consider ourselves photogenic, but Kara gave clear instructions that made us feel comfortable during our portraits. She has a great eye for placement and posing. For the large group photos, Kara was able to corral all the people and kept us right on schedule. Most importantly, all of the photos turned out beautifully! I would highly recommend Kara as a wedding photographer!