Serving the Greater Philadelphia Area Since 1999

Established in 1999, Karen Spire Catering is a full service, off-premise catering company with a reputation for fantastic food and excellent service. Karen Spire, executive chef and owner, creates personal relationship with each client, ensuring that every detail is perfect for your occasion.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Menu Tastings, Food + Catering

149 Greenwood Ave, Ambler, PA (215) 738-1860

Great Chef!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Lauren C

We made a great choice with Karen. Great chef, service and presentation! Everyone was raving about how great the food was. I'm still hearing about it 3 weeks later. If you are looking for a service to cater your event you MUST check out Karen Spire!!!

Yummy!!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 Megan E

Karen is AMAZING!! She was wonderful throughout our whole wedding process. She was so helpful and gave us some EXTREMELY helpful tips for our wedding. Her food is unbelievable. We had our tasting and all of us were looking forward to the wedding just so we could be able to enjoy... Read More her food again! She made a menu based on exactly what we wanted with her suggestions due to her tons of experience. At the wedding, she prepared everything for us! She set up the ceremony and dinner. Cocktail hour, everyone LOVED the food!! Dinner was wonderful and we received so many compliments on the food! She was just amazing throughout. I would hire her over and over again!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Michelle H

Karen Spire Catering is amazing! She did a wonderful job preparing for our wedding. We were able to visit her home for the most comfortable, laid-back tasting to select all or our menu options (which were ALL delicious, by the way). Karen had all kinds of fun suggestions,... Read More like mini ice cream cones as a dessert option, and she even helped us pick out our linens, silverware, and dinnerware for our reception. Since we got married at the Cairnwood, she also did an incredible job of ensuring our entire ceremony and reception was decorated perfectly. Our wedding day coordinator Erin did a great job of keeping everyone on task and organized before the wedding started. Erin also did a great job of letting us accommodate an unexpected plus 1. All of the tables were set up so well and the tablecloths were beautiful. The entire wait staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The food was so delicious, everyone at the wedding was raving about it. We had the filet, chicken piccata, and salmon, and all of the dishes were so well prepared. The mini ice cream cones were a hit with all of our guests. Karen and her team also had such a vast knowledge of our venue that it made everything go so well on our wedding day. Thank you Karen for giving us an amazing wedding day experience!

The Great Jamesby Celebration

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We truly appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that the Full team at Karen Spire put into our event. All of our guest are still raving about the Food, the Venue along with the great service at our Great Gatsby party. Thank you again and we look forward to doing it again... Read More next year. Love, The Jamesby Family

A Perfect Night

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Karen Spire and her team are SPECTACULAR!! They are kind and incredibly accommodating. Karen let my husband and I help her make the menu and she more than made it come to life. I had so many guests asking my Mom and I where we went for the catering because they couldnt believe... Read More how amazing the food was. She also sent us home with leftovers which we happily ate for another 3 days. I cannot say enough about her food and her staff. Everyone was so nice and so helpful and I would give her 6 stars if that was an option! Thank you Karen & Team!

Absolutely Delicious

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 alex m

Karen Spire blew our mind with her tasting menu. We met with two well known catering companies and Karen Spires catering triumphed without question. She is truly a culinary artist. Her passion and creativity for food is prominent in every dish and truly showcases her knowledge... Read More for unique and delicious flavor. The quality of food, service and pricing cannot be matched by any other catering company. Our guests absolutely raved about the hors d'oeuvres and dinner. Karen was incredibly accommodating for my husband and I preparing a separate dining table away from our guests to ensure that we actually had time to eat an uninterrupted meal and made our plates with all our dinner entrees so we could have everything. Not a single person left our wedding hungry or unsatisfied with their meal choice. I highly recommend Karen Spire Catering to anyone looking for out of this world food for completely reasonable pricing.

Beautiful Fall 2014 wedding at Carinwood

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Karen Spire provided the catering service for my daughters’ wedding at The Cairnwood Estate in Bryn Athyn, PA in late September 2014. We first met Karen during the weekly open house at Cairnwood as she was one of several caterers present. Sitting down with Karen and discussing... Read More my daughters plans for her wedding and gaging her response and enthusiasm was very refreshing. She was warm, friendly and really “herself” and we came away feeling we have known her for many years. My daughter and I decided then Karen Spire Catering would be our vendor. We worked with Karen to develop the menu and then she prepared samples right in her home for us to taste. The tasting was incredible, the explanations, the suggestions she offered confirmed our original decision that we had the right caterer for our special event. She worked on providing the right color combinations for table cloths, silver ware, etc. And now the event, it has been several weeks since the wedding and everyone has remarked how different the venue was from a normal wedding reception and that food had exceeded all expectations. Some of the Hors D'oeuvre’s were very different particularly the potato pancake w/smoked trout & dill, the date wrapped in bacon (one couple thought the bacon was wrapped around beef and chicken only to find out it was a date), and lastly basted garlic crockett’s w/ goat cheese. The presentation of the tables, the food tables, the servers, the wedding event coordinator, the chef’s were all so pleasant with smiles serving, excellent and really could not do enough. I would have Karen Spire Catering serve another event for me in a heartbeat. The key to success for any event is those that are the supporting cast if you will. This cast is all Class, A+. Thanks Karen and staff.

Look no further than Karen Spire!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Andrea D

When my now husband and I got engaged and decided to have our wedding at Cairnwood Estate - we thought that we might have a hard time picking from the 7 preferred caterers! After going to an open house, I set up tastings with 3 of the caterers we most wanted to try and possibly... Read More work with on our wedding day. Our first tasting was with Karen Spire - who invited the two of us, and 4 guests into her home and then cooked for us in her kitchen. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but there was such a sense of attention to detail, true talent and skill, and that personal touch we were looking for. Right after our tasting with Karen, we cancelled all our other caterer meetings and immediately booked her for our wedding! It was unanimous between all 6 of us at the tasting that we didn't need to look any further! Working with Karen & her team from day 1 until our wedding day was nothing but a positive and pleasant experience! We knew from the start that we wanted to do food stations and Karen customized an entire menu for us based on our what we told her we wanted - we could not have been happier with everything. Throughout the planning process, Karen was always quick to respond to my emails and made my job very easy. Karen even went out of her way to come and meet with my florist and I at Cairnwood right before the wedding to make sure I felt confident in everything - that was so appreciated! From the start I never had any doubt that our wedding food was going to be outstanding, and Karen Spire Catering and Events didn't disappoint. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding food was - many of them saying it's the best they've ever had at a wedding, and I couldn't agree more! If you're looking for a customized unique menu, wonderful staff, a positive & stress free experience, and food that will be talked about for a long time - then look no further than Karen Spire Catering and Events! We are SO grateful we chose them & know you will be too!

Impeccable all around

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Jennifer C

My husband and I chose Karen Spire Catering for our wedding at the Cairnwood Estate. From start to finish, it was a wonderful experience to say the least! She is creative and stylish, which is reflected in her menus and presentation. The tasting experience was personal and so... Read More much fun. Her food is out of this world - my stepfather is a chef, a good one, and he said her food put him to shame. Our guests are still talking about how incredible the food was. Between the quality of her service and food, I'd highly recommend her. You get a lot for your money and it is worth every penny. Good luck!

Ridiculously Delicious!

Reviewed on 8/17/2014 jacquelyn m

Karen Spire is the by far the best choice for your wedding. Her food is amazing. My guests felt the need to call weeks after the wedding and rave about the food. Commenting they had to go up for thirds and insisting we have a one year anniversary party so we can Hire Karen.... Read More I can't say enough good things about Karen, personable, pleasant, innovative, relaxing and calming, accommodating and the one thing that matters - phenomenal chef! She is full of ideas, her food is tailored toward your requests and she adds some flair! I'm a vegetarian and she made sure to include items on our menu that were individual to my taste, the wedding menu was intimately ours while sharing our favorite foods with all our guests. I'll be keeping Karens number in hopes to come up with something to use her for in the future! I highly recommend her to everyone!!

Accommodating

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Kimberly G

I felt that the variety, quality and quantity of food was excellent and Karen really worked with me to create a unique menu. On the day of the wedding, the coordinator Erin was amazing at all the behind the scenes work. She worked with the other vendors and my maid of honor to... Read More ensure that everything was in place. During the wedding, Erin anticipated my every need and always kept me well fed. I got to eat at the wedding, which is not something all brides get to do from what I hear. The contract came late after the initial meeting, but other than that, I was extremely pleased with this service. My friends said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding.

Exceptional caterer- Highest praise!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014

We checked out three different caterers for our engagement cocktail party (120 people), all of which were highly recommended. We chose Karen Spire because of the personal service and attention she gave us at our initial tasting and thereafter. She invited us to her home where... Read More she and her sous chef specially made about 25 different items just for us to try. I am a foodie and I know can be very fussy about the quality of the food, the flavor profiles and preparation. Karen welcomed my feedback on each item and had great suggestions about how it should be served. She never made me feel like I was being difficult or asking too much. In fact, it seemed like she couldn't do enough for us. She and I walked through the venue together, and she had fabulous advice on the set up and execution of our event. On the day of the event, she and her staff executed the food exquisitely. The taste was spot on and the presentation was gorgeous! Everyone raved about it, and the raves were well deserved. We truly had the time of our lives at the party, and that is due in large part to the talent and hard work of Karen Spire and her team. Oh, and did I mention that her cost was very reasonable and well worth the value? We are starting to plan our wedding and are trying hard to find a venue where we can use Karen Spire again. You will not go wrong with Karen Spire.