Kate's Kakes

We deliver within 75 miles! (Mileage charges may apply.)

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

444 Sand Creek Rd, Colonie, NY We deliver within 75 miles! (Mileage charges may apply.) (518) 466-8671

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Robert T

Kate made our vision of a cake come to life, along with a secret custom filling!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 debbi z

We had such fun planning the wedding cake with Kate! Kate was very accommodating and never rushed us. She had great ideas, completely "got" what we were trying to accomplish with the design, and served up so many delicious options during our tastings! The tiered cake was... Read More absolutely adorable! It was exactly what we expected. Our families have many serious food allergies, so we were very nervous about finding a bakery that could provide completely safe options. We have gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and soy-free guests, some with multiple allergies, so the last thing we wanted was a sick guest or a medical emergency! But we wanted everyone to be able to eat wedding cake. Let me tell you -- we knew we were in good hands! In the end, we ordered 2 additional cake options besides the main cake. Some of us have given up trying to find tolerable gluten-free baked goods, but we were in heaven! Every cake was so delicious! No one who tasted them could tell they were "special" cakes. And there is nothing in the world like offering safe choices that are delicious! We cannot recommend Kate enough. Can't wait to order our next cake!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Michelle P

Kate's Kakes was super easy to work with. Kate has so many selection and consider flavors that are not on the list. She delivered on time and the cake looked amazing.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Laura M

Kate was the utmost professional, and her cakes are divine! She is responsive, and the pricing cannot be beat! It is worth your while to check out Kate's Kakes. I strongly suggest choosing Kate's Kakes; she'll accommodate anything you need!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Got my wedding cake here. Best fondant I've ever had; not only was it NOT bad, it tasted GOOD! This should be no surprise since every dessert I've ever tasted by Kate is excellent. (Also, the cake looked amazing. Guests were super impressed!)

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Kathie L

I asked Kate for a heart shaped wedding cake with the lyrics to our first dance song written on it. This woman is AMAZING!! She took my vision and turned it into SPECTACULAR and DELICIOUS. All the writing must have taken hours on end and not only was it perfect and beautiful,... Read More the price was so reasonable. Our guests were just blown away by our unique cake. THANK YOU KATE!

OMG! - our Baileys Wedding Cake was Divine!

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 Dani H

Kate was the best!! She sat with us and worked on our design and flavors. We had two tester cakes and after each one, she had no problem adjusting the ingredients to make our cake perfect. The only problem was we should have ordered a bigger cake, because it was just toooooo... Read More good and everyone wanted more!!! Thanks for everything Kate and we'll be in touch for our first anniversary cake!!!

Best. Cake. Ever.

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Richanna L

Everyone should use Kate's Kakes for any and all occasions involving cake! From the beginning, looking at potential vendors for the wedding cake, Kate Crandall presented herself and her business and classy, enthusiastic, respectful and very professional. She listened... Read More carefully to myself and my (now) husband on what we wanted. We could contact her anytime with any questions or concerns. I ordered a surprise groom's cake from her in the shape of a Lakers basketball jersey (chocolate cake/chocolate mousse). Our wedding cake was picture perfect as well, and everyone thought the handcrafted sugar flowers were real! That cake was cinnamon-chiffon with white chocolate mousse. Everyone loved the cakes and talked about both of them non-stop. We even had people like my sister, who ONLY eats chocolate cake devour some of the cinnamon cake! We will definitely become repeat customers of Kate's Kakes and her fabulous creations.

Beautiful and Tastey

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Heather H

This was her first long-distance wedding cake. She traveled from Albany, NY to Jackson, WY with all her supplies and the cake already made. We had use of a commercial kitchen for her where she made the filling and frosting the night before. The detail work she put into... Read More the cake was amazing. She took my dress and put the lacework on the side of the cake with frosting and the flowers were all sugar flowers that were used in our wedding. Everyone thought the cake was beautiful, and when they tasted it, they thought it was even better. It was moist, the frosting was not too sweet, and the filling was very yummy.

Review for Kate's Kakes

Reviewed on 9/14/2008 Candice H

I showed her a picture of my dream cake and she made it into a reality at a very reasonable cost. On top of that all our guests raved about how good it was.