Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge

Hinsdale, IL

A unique, wooded setting, perfect for any occasion

KLM makes a picture perfect location for a wedding ceremony and / or reception. The dining room seats up to 120 people, while the second floor ballroom can seat an additional 100 people. The beautiful grounds immediately surrounding KLM are reserved for weddings and receptions and provide a breathtaking setting for an outdoor ceremony and reception. Tents may also be rented for additional space outdoors.

Backyard, Ballroom, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

5901 S.County Line Road, Hinsdale, IL (630) 789-7095
WEBSITE TWITTER INSTAGRAM
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Katherine D

We had our wedding here in July 2017. I was already familiar with the park and thought it would be a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding. We had our ceremony outdoors and then had our reception both in the lodge and under a tent in the back of the lodge. I was a little leary... Read More of how the split seating would work logistically, but I loved how it turned out! They just finished new landscaping in the back, and everything looked wonderful. Their preferred vendor list led us to Uncle Bub’s Catering, and the staff at the Lodge worked together perfectly with the rental company and with Uncle Bub’s to coordinate the wedding day. It made it so much easier on me knowing that they had already worked together so many times! They knew how and where to set things up, and I trusted their knowledge. Bob worked the day of our wedding, and he did a fantastic job making sure everything went smoothly. If there were any problems that came up, I was (and still am!) completely oblivious to them!

2017-09-12T07:24:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review of KLM! We are so happy you enjoyed your day and that it all worked out really well! Congratulations again!

Perfect Place for an Intimate Wedding

Reviewed on 1/16/2015

Our daughter was married and had her reception at KLM Lodge January 10, 2015. Approximately 85 family and friends watched the wedding on the second floor and celebrated at the reception and dinner on the first floor. Katherine Legge Lodge is located on beautiful grounds, and... Read More the joy of a wedding and reception can be contained within its elegant, rustic setting. There's no car ride to a separate venue to break the joy of the couple's vows. I highly recommend this Lodge and its staff of wonderful employees, who worked so hard to make sure our daughter's wedding day was magic!

Wonderful Venue to do it "Your Way"

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Ashley B

KLML could not possibly have been a better venue! Jennifer- the booking and event planner was incredibly nice, thorough, helpful, understanding and accommodating. She pointed me in the direction of everything I wanted and needed....and never said NO! We went a non traditional... Read More route with dinner and she was incredibly helpful in making sure everything went off without a hitch! I'd do it all again and I'd do it at KLML for sure!

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Shannon S

We had our wedding reception at the Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge a few weeks ago. It's a beautiful venue and was the perfect fit for us--we wanted something more rustic and vintagey, not a typical banquet hall or country club. The event coordinators were very easy to work... Read More with. The only thing I didn't like was that you get 8 hours for your event, which is fine, but this includes 2 hours for setting up and 1 hour for cleaning up. That means you only get 5 hours for your actual reception. I actually called up KLM to tack on an extra hour so that we could have more time for dinner and dancing, which wasn't a problem because the prices are so affordable. I had more trouble with the set-up situation, because you're only able to set up in the 2 hours immediately before your reception. I was physically getting married in those 2 hours! So I had to appoint a couple of friends to help set up for me between the ceremony and dinner. The whole day turned out wonderfully, I just wished I had been able to set up the night before or early that morning like some venues will let you. All in all I'd definitely recommend KLM for a small wedding--you can't beat the price and how lovely it is inside (and outside; the park has some amazing spots for wedding photos!). Don't let the fact that there are two levels throw you off; I thought it might be weird for people to traipse upstairs for dancing after dinner, but I don't think anyone cared.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Cassandra M

From the staff to the actual venue, I couldnt be happier with the way my wedding turned out. everything was absolutely perfect and had the perfect feel. everyone we interacted with from start to finish was amazing. I had non stop compliments all night long about how great this... Read More place was. I had both the ceremony and reception at the location and the lodge had the perfect rustic feel that I was going for. I barely needed decorations because the the place has so much history and wood beams and fireplaces and wood floors that you dont have to look for ways to decorate it. I still brought in a few things, but I didn't even have to have a florist, that's how beautiful this place already is. I also got married in November and my photographer had so many places to shoot outside and inside for us. thank you a million times over. it was the PERFECT place for a small, intimate, rustic wedding. exactly what we wanted!!

KLM is a nice venue but beware

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Kelli S

Honestly, I loved the atmosphere and how charming this place is. It’s almost secluded and the interior gives you such a warm and cozy feeling. Initially, the staff was just as awesome as the venue; however, after everything was said and done (AKA paid for & party was over)... Read More they were unresponsive and somewhat nonchalant about my concerns. My biggest pet peeve is the lack of follow-up/follow through. The customer experience doesn’t end after you have purchased something, it continues on so that you may get repeat business as well as positive word of mouth (FREE) marketing. I called Jennifer the Monday (March 16th) after my party and I expressed how happy I was with the event, but voiced one concern. I was promised a call back for that Friday (March 20th), but after 2 weeks of waiting I never heard back so I called her again and left a message....It's been over 4 weeks and I never received a response regarding my concern. I simply asked for a partial refund for 30mins as the staff wasn’t able to get the PA system to work at the end of my event and after 25-30mins my guest began to leave. Even if they didn’t agree to grant me a partial refund, it would have been nice to hear back from someone since I was promised a call. Overall, this was a lovely place, but based on the last encounter I wouldn’t recommend nor have another event here as the lack of follow up showed me how much they valued me as a customer.

Katherine Legge Lodge

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Mandy G

The people at KLM were easy to work with. The venue is gorgeous and beautiful for pictures. We wouldn't change a thing, and would pick this venue all over again.

Perfect Place For Us

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Erika E

My husband and I were working with a limited budget, so venue really determined what else we could do. We fell in love with "KLM" after one visit. The space is well maintained, the staff are willing with work with you and create your vision, the park that surrounds the lodge is... Read More beautiful, and the unique look makes a wedding special. Plus, at such reasonable rates, we were free to do all kinds of fun things! Only downsides: it can be very difficult to get ahold of the staff on the phone, there was a $500 security deposit that was not well explained (it is in addition to the fee, and then returned later), and the space is smaller (best for 75-120). You also pay per hour so set-up must be right before the event. But if you can make it work, it's worth it!