Katheryn Jeanne Photography

Imagine walking into a beautifully decorated, candle lit room. You immediately feel comforted when you smell the cinnamon aroma, and hear Michael Buble serenading you in the background. You sit down on a plush couch and cozy into the perfectly knit blanket. As you glance over at the coffee table, you see a bottle of red wine paired with a cheese and charcuterie spread before you. You feel appreciated and impressed. That is what Katheryn Jeanne Photography does. We welcome you into our home and introduce you to our experience.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

World-Wide Travel Available (704) 737-1371
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Matthew C

Katy is the best a Bride and Groom could ask for! I, the Groom, not being particularly photogenic, greatly appreciated the effort and attentiveness she brought to our shoots. Through good direction and some 'locker room' humor, I have never looked better (seriously, not... Read More photogenic) and happier in pictures. Thus, my wife and mother now have some great shots of me to show off. Katy does a wonderful job of managing the energy, the crowd, and her job all at the same time. She allowed us to be ourselves and captured some wonderful, and some hilarious, images of us enjoying each other, and those that mean the most to us. Most importantly, Katy can reel you in and bring light to the gravity of the situation to capture the most classic of shots. Given the amount of wonderful shots we received while never noticing a camera around, her true passion and her ability capture the truly magical moments was clearly demonstrated. Katy went well beyond the call of duty a few times: negotiated with security guards, stood in the middle of the street, took the stairs as opposed to the elevator to beat the storm, and once we got the shot and the storm reached us Katy sprinted to her car to pick up my wife. Katy, thank you. It was such a pleasure working with you and thanks to you we have beautiful and hysterical memories we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Caitlyn K

Working with Katy was fantastic, right from the beginning. She is such a genuine person and truly wants you to LOVE your photos. She goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and happy. Her work is outstanding--I didn't know I could photograph so well, but... Read More somehow she made me look and feel beautiful. I'd recommend Katy to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding photographer. She's the best!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Taylor B

My fiance and I just had our engagement session with Katy and we were just amazed by her work. She worked so well with us and captured the most amazing pictures! The session was fun and laid back and she had our pictures back to us in a matter of days! We are so excited to work... Read More with Katy on our wedding day!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Emily C

Katy was great!!! I could not have asked for a better experience. The engagement photos turned out fabulously!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Trevor A

My wife and I first met Katy right after we got engaged and we knew after our consultation with her that she was very organized and professional. Then, it was during our engagement photo session that I realized just how great Katy really was. I'm the type of guy that doesn't... Read More like getting pictures taken, but Katy really knew how to make the whole experience fun and not just a boring, sappy photo shoot. She is very personable and kind, and treated us like she had known us for years. We were blown away with how great the photos turned out and how Katy really paid attention to detail. Then for the wedding day, Katy was with us every step of the way, capturing it on camera. I have been to a lot of weddings, and I have never seen a photographer work as hard as Katy did for us. She made sure every possible picture that needed to be taken happened. Most of the photographers I have observed seem to have a handful of pictures they want to take, then leave it up to the bride and groom to figure out the rest. Not with Katy! We were never left wondering "what to do next?". After getting all the family shots, she kept rolling with ideas for other "scenes" and making the most of what the church and venue had to offer. During the reception, she was on her feet at all times, making sure to capture every moment that arose. So many people have told us how impressed they were with Katy and how she made sure to capture all those moments and how awesome all the photos were that they had seen from our engagement session and my wife's Bridal portraits. They, like us, were blown away! I cannot say enough good things about Katy. It's an under statement to say she went above and beyond. We are so grateful that she was the one to capture our special day.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Keith P

Katheryn Jeanne Photography is the best wedding photographer in the Charlotte area, HANDS DOWN! My wife and I were BLOW AWAY at the beautiful photos! She perfectly captured 'us' and made my wife's dream wedding a reality! I did not expect such professionalism and excitement from... Read More a wedding photographer. My favorite part is that we gained a really good friend and someone that we trust to take all our event photos in the future! Thank you so much, Katy! We'll be sending our engaged friends your way! P.S. Can you tell me how to turn off these social media notifications? Everyone STILL keeps liking and commenting on them! ;)

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Joe H

We had our engagement shoot with Katy a few weeks back, and even for a groom, it was a very pleasant experience. Katy made us feel comfortable and we were very happy with the photos we got. Katy was so easy to work with and made the shoot a stress free environment.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Preston M

Katy was awesome to work with and made us feel at ease on our wedding day. She helped us bring our vision to life and captured images that showed our personalities. Our traditional portraits were great, but the candid pictures from our reception were the best! She definitely... Read More captured the fun on film!! I can't tell you how many comments we got on the quality of our pictures (and Katy herself!), so would highly recommend her for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Katey C

I first met Katy after a bad experience with a previous photographer. We hit it off immediately and I knew I had to jump at the opportunity to work with her for our wedding. We recently had our engagement session and we couldn't be more excited and pleased with our... Read More pictures. Katy is truly remarkable and is able to capture the essence of "what makes you you as a couple". We were quite nervous about being in front of a camera, but Katy has the uncanny ability to make you feel "right at home" in front of the lens. I cannot wait for her to shoot my bridal portraits and our wedding in the spring!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Alexandria F

We had our engagement session with Katy back in April, and we couldn't be happier with our pictures!!! We were really nervous at first, and Katy did a wonderful job at getting us to loosen up. We had such a fun time with this shoot!! We are so glad we booked with Katheryn... Read More Jeanne Photography. We're already looking forward to my bridal portrait session and our wedding this fall!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jeni B

Katy and Emily have been great to work with! They have made our engagement and pre-wedding couple photo shoots perfect! We had the crazy idea to turn my bridal portrait shoot into a couple shoot and it was AMAZING! I am so happy with the results and can't wait to see our wedding... Read More pictures!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Allison H

Katy was absolutely fantastic! She was professional, organized, easy going, and made the whole experience enjoyable. Her work is so pure in heart, and captures all the beauty of the couple and the shooting locations. Thanks for a fun afternoon and gorgeous pictures!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Danielle D

Katy is absolutely wonderful! I don't even know where to begin! Her personality makes you feel so natural. She knows how to position and guide you so you get the best possible pictures. I can't wait to use her for other sessions I need!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Elizabeth B

Katy is so sweet and genuine! She makes people comfortable, and that's so important when trying to get natural photos. She really wants to create the best experience and photos for your event, and she cares about people beyond just the job. I love all of our pictures, and I... Read More appreciate the details that she captured. I also liked Jordan, the second shooter for the wedding - they were both total champs and stayed high energy all day.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Kelly P

Katy is top tier when it comes to photography! I crave the best, and that's definitely Katy. It's so obvious that she loves what she does.... pure talent! I am such a perfectionist and I was blown away with how amazing my engagement photos came out. I love them beyond words and... Read More so does my handsome fiancé. Our sessions was so fun, and Katy was so excited as she was taking our pictures. She made me feel stunning. She had great ideas and was very professional, yet I felt like we had been friends for years because she is so natural with her gift for photography. Katy takes time to get to know you and your style and she pays extremely close attention to detail. It is so easy to be in contact with her. I "fear better options" but y'all seriously - there is no better option! It's so reassuring that my wedding pictures will be amazing...I can't wait!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Alex B

Absolutely stunning. So from the moment we met Katy, we knew she would be the person that would really get us. And from our quirky and beautiful engagement photos to our absolutely stunning wedding photos, we made the right choice. But lots of photographers on here have lovely... Read More photos, and excellent reviews. They aren't Katy. Why she's the best: 1) She gets to know YOU and what YOU BOTH want. We took our engagement photos at a dinosaur playground and our wedding photos in an abandoned garderner's cottage, among other places. She took what we wanted and did incredible things with it. 2) Her photos are magazine quality. That speaks for itself. 3) She is an absolute JOY to be around. We wanted to be sure to hire someone who wouldn't seem out of place or awkward or weird with our guests. Katy not only got incredible shots, but people are still telling us how lovely our photographer was. 4) I repeat, the photos are incredible. My only negative? Pretty sure house guests are going to tease us for the number of wedding photos we intend on having up, all over. Thank you Katy! Love, Alex + Jen

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Kim W

I love the variety of backgrounds/locations. The photos look very natural and not posed.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Kim W

Katy photographed our daughter's wedding. She is creative and full of energy. Guests at the wedding stated that they loved the photographer--and that was before seeing any of her beautiful photos. It is evident that Katy loves what she does AND she is exceptionally great at it.... Read More She is willing to work out packages to accommodate budgets and it was amazing how quickly she got photos to us. We are thankful that we found Katy and we highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Andrea G

Katy was amazing! She did a great job capturing all of our special moments. She was very patient and super professional. Everyone at the wedding loved her! I would definitely recommend Red Balloon Photography to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Courtney W

We loved working with Katy for our recent engagement session! She helped brainstorm ideas for locations based upon what we were looking for and made us feel so comfortable on the day of our shoot. Katy helped put us at ease during our session, and we ended up having so much fun.... Read More We so appreciated how quickly we received our photos as well. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a photographer to check out Red Balloon Photography, we cannot wait to work with her again for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 chelsea t

While not wedding photos, I hired Katy to take family pictures for the past two years and she has exceeded my expectations each time! I have two young children who are shy in front of the camera; Katy was able to make them feel comfortable instantly in order to capture their... Read More personalities and their adored facial expressions that I never seem to be able to catch quick enough on my own. I was so surprised at how many candid, real shots she was able to take without me even knowing! I am IN LOVE with our pictures and beyond thankful for them. Katy is creative, easy going and takes initiative while still delivering on what you want. I would (and will) hire Red Balloon Photography a thousand times over!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Kaylee C

Katy is AMAZING! So far I've done my bridal portraits with her, and with the wedding less than 2 weeks away, I'm so excited to see the work she does for my actual wedding! My bridal session was so easy because she is so great at making sure you're comfortable and with giving... Read More direction for the shoot itself, not to mention how beautiful she made me feel with compliments she made throughout the entire session! As for the photos themselves: exactly what I wanted and I'm obsessed! I would recommend her to anyone for anything!! Amazing!! UPDATE: My wedding was just as smooth if not more so than my bridal portrait session with Katy! All the portraits flew by (and looked amazing!) with her direction during cocktail hour. She even made an announcement offering our guests to get their pictures made with each other/certain family members to have the lasting memories! This especially made my aunts/mom happy as they were able to get one last, amazing picture made with my grandpa (their father) as his health is now beginning to fail. Again, I would recommend Katy for any photography session, particularly for weddings. Thanks to her, I will have the most beautiful and lasting memories to keep through the rest of my life with my new husband. :)

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Katy does amazing work and worked great with our little man in getting him to smile for the camera. Katy takes her time and makes sure she gets the shot just right. We are very pleased with the quality of photos we received from her and she is a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

I would hire Katy again in a heart beat!!! My husband ( still not used to that) and I chose Katy as our photographer for our wedding. Everyone, she nailed it!! The pictures are amazing. She captured everything we asked for beautifully and most importantly, made us feel... Read More comfortable doing it. I do not know which I enjoyed more, the pictures or working with the individual. She is the full package and you will have no regrets going with Red Balloon!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Katy is awesome! She succeeds in capturing the feelings and emotions of her subjects. We hired Red Balloon Photography for our daughter's wedding and couldn't be happier with all the wonderful pictures! Like icing on a cake, Katy herself is super sweet and alot of fun to have... Read More around! You will not be disappointed with Red Balloon!

Katy Clatterbaugh

Hi, I'm Katy. I believe in Christ. The unity of marriage. That timeless images are classic and classic will never be out of style. I believe in relationships, and that your wedding photographer should be more than just "hired help". I believe in capturing the moments in between. The moments that should not be forgotten. I believe in taking images, not just for you and your husband, but for the generations to come. I believe in silver frames on fireplace mantels. I believe love does endure all things.