Kathleen Hertel Photography

Destination Weddings, Photo

5800 Main St, Linthicum Heights, MD
Available for travel

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

I can say nothing but amazingly good things about Kathy. From the minute we saw her pictures from a distance at a wedding expo, my now husband and I just knew we had to have her. Her photography ranges from whimsical and fun to dramatic and romantic. It's not even how she just... Read More captures the couple or family but the surrounding scene (even if it isn't that beautiful) we arranged a meeting immediately and booked her right after that and couldn't have been more happy and excited about it. we even met up socially just to get to know each other and talk about our travels and wanderlust. as soon as i found out her love of travel and we shared our adventures i knew we would grow to be good friends. we didnt have an engagement shoot but on the day, i never had any doubt that she would reflect our true selves and we are ecstatic with our sneek peeks and cant contain our excitement to see the rest of the photos! kathy is personable, friendly, warm hearted, and just absolutely LOVES what she does and you can easily tell...from the minute you meet her you will fall in love with her!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

Kathy made our wedding day a fairy tale and the most perfect day of our lives! She was born to do this job. Photography was the most important vendor to me because I am literally obsessed with pictures. I not only searched through all the 5 star photographers online, but I even... Read More interviewed more than a handful of photographers! When I met with Kathy she was so organized, her work was beyond incredible and she was truly interested in getting to know Will and I as a couple so she could provide the best services to us! Choosing Kathy was the best decision we made for our wedding. Kathy went above and beyond with our engagement session and was able to not only incorporate our dog, but also travel throughout Baltimore to capture all of our favorite spots! My fiancé doesn't like pictures and it was the hottest day of the entire year; however, you can't tell AT ALL in any of the pictures. Throughout our wedding experience, Kathy was very prompt with her responses including answering my questions regardless of how stupid they were. She even e-mailed us the night before the wedding to tell us how excited she was to photograph our special day! On our wedding day Kathy arrived 30 minutes early, was extremely professional, and reassured me the entire day. She kept us on schedule while also taking more pictures than I could ever imagine. How is it even possible for 1 person to be so knowledgeable about photography while also being so personable, professional, easy going, and fun to be around! I feel like Kathy is a close family member, but that's just because she put so much love and dedication into capturing our wedding day. Not only did she capture our first look, ceremony and reception, but we also captured the sky at every possible beautiful time including sunset and late night under the stars! Kathy stayed well beyond the time in our contract because she is the best of the best! As the bride, I felt like Kathy's princess that she loved photographing! She literally didn't miss a beat; however, it was like you didn't even know she was there because she was never in the way and never took us away from enjoying our wedding. Our wedding guests literally can't stop talking about Kathy! Kathy is the best!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Samantha S

When I came across Kathy's booth at a wedding expo, I knew I had to have her as the photographer at my wedding. Her pictures are absolutely breathtaking and I was blown away by her talent. Not only do I feel like she is one of the most amazingly talented photographers out... Read More there, she is also fantastic to work with. Kathy is such a nice and funny person, that when it comes time for your engagement session or your wedding day, she instantly makes you feel calm which is very important. She is also dependable. I never once had a worry or a problem with Kathy. Anytime I had questions, she had answers. When I didn't have an idea about a theme for engagement pictures she knew what questions to ask and came up with something. She is absolutely the best photographer that you can go with and I highly suggest that you book her for your engagement/wedding photographs because her talent is out of this world.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Christina T

I had met Kathy more than a year before I was even engaged and would drool over her pictures that she would post. As soon as I got engaged and a date set, she was the first person I reached out to see if she was available since we were planning a holiday wedding (4th of July).... Read More She was very easy to work with and came up with some great ideas ahead of time. We did our engagement pictures with her beforehand and had a blast! When the day of the wedding came along with the rain, she was definitely one of the calming forces that I had that day. I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to go to some of the beautiful sites we had scouted ahead of time, but Kathy thought quick on her feet and still was able to get us some amazing pictures with a similar feel to what we had discussed. Her calm nature really helped keep the day on track and the pictures were amazing!!! :) Love her!! http://kathleenhertelphotography.zenfolio.com/p480995564

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Jamie H

There is simply no one better, nicer, or more perfect to have by your side for your special day. Whether it is a wedding or maternity, senior photo or engagement shoot, Kathy will get the shot every.single.time. She thinks your day through, plans in advance, and thinks... Read More extremely well on the fly. She will make you smile, make you laugh, and even tear up at the beautiful moments she finds and captures. Kathy, thank you for amazing my family and friends and most of all Lenny and I with our beautiful wedding and engagement photos. We love you and will cherish every moment we had with you by our side. Thank you to the moon and back for envisioning and capturing our dreams coming true. Our wedding took place in Mexico, at the Maroma Beach Secrets Resort. It was truly a spectacular week and having Kathy with us for a part of that week made a lot of our wedding stresses disappear. Kathy has a strong ability to "plan" for a fun day. She thinks your special day through and thinks not only about your timeline but your vision. She becomes a part of the team wanting to make your dreams come to life. Along with having some of the best pictures I will ever have, Kathy gave us pictures that many, many people have to come me and said how WOW'd they were by them. The pictures she creates will simply take your breathe away. We found that it was very easy to be in the moment in front of the camera and love how Kathy captured our personality and emotions purely in each picture. The photography sessions we hired Kathy for were: Engagement photos, Rehearsal Night photos, Wedding Day photos, Boudoir photos, and a First Look. THEY WERE PERFECT!

A Joy to work with.

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Jennifer M

Kathleen was absolutely Amazing to work with!!! Made the whole photography process easy and fun!! Loved my sneak peeks & can't wait to get the rest back!!

The Greatest Photography Experience

Reviewed on 1/03/2015

I could go on about Kathleen Hertel for days!!! I fell in love with her work and knew that during my wedding I would not be worrying about my photos AT ALL. I had complete faith that every one she took would be stunning...and I was right. We got a destination package which... Read More includes your engagement photos, wedding day, and day after session as well as a 16x20 canvas print of your choice and all of the final full size photos. She was so easy to work with during the whole process and so accommodating to any changes or last minute ideas. She is an adventurous, kind, and a photographer that is a complete joy to be around who has such a passion for what she does and it shows. She wants to make your day as memorable as she can. It only took 6 weeks to get all 1100 photos from the wedding!! She will make every step of the photography process stress free. And if you are someone that never likes yourself in photos (like me) oh my god have no fear. She knows precisely how to photograph you! I could go on and on forever but know that if you are looking for a photographer that will accommodate, who is creative, fund to be around and work with, and who you can have complete confidence in the product and memories that you are paying for then Kathleen is one for you!

Swan Harbor Farm Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Colleen S

Kathleen does it all! She sings, she dances, all to get the perfect smile out of you! She captured moments that I did not think were captured at our wedding because we only booked her as the only shooter. She pulled us away from the reception to get some fresh air and for night... Read More shots and we were glad she did because they turned out awesome! You will not be disappointed if you book Kathleen for your wedding! She also posted a sneak peak of our photos the night of our wedding! All my guests were talking about how amazing the pictures were at our breakfast the next day ! Book kathleen!

Best Wedding Photographer Hands Down!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 L'Oreal T

As the former wedding writer for The Baltimore Sun, I fell in love with Kathleen's work at first sight. Upon first reviewing her images for an article I was working on, I knew I had to have her for my own wedding (whenever that would be). Her photojournalistic style truly... Read More captures the couple's personality and love story. Kathleen shot both our engagement session in Chicago and our wedding Baltimore. Half the time, we didn't even realize she was there because she's so professional and so easy to work with. She worked with us to create a customized package that was affordable and comprehensive. Her creative touch exceeded our expectations and we've received numerous compliments on the images she's posted so far. We absolutely recommend Kathleen's work, you will NOT be disappointed!

No Contest!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Sarah A

Working with Kathy was the easiest of all the vendors and all of mine were great. We first met when she photographed my best friends wedding June 2013, I was immediately sold. She made us laugh and feel comfortable. My BFFs hubby is shy and she put him at ease. My fiancé is... Read More super shy and I knew after meeting Kathy and witnessing how she put the grooms at ease that she could take on the job! My BFF, I must credit, kept on top of me reminding me weekly that Kathy is awesome and I needed to talk with her soon if I wanted to hire her. I procrastinated but still managed to get super lucky. She offered to meet up a few times before the wedding but with my crazy schedule it hadn't made the time to. The week before the wedding we met up to go over details and ended up hanging out and chatting for at least 3hrs. She literally made me feel like I had nothing to worry about. It is a true and proven fact that after all of the hard work and planning, aside from your new spouse & memories, the pictures are the only things that will last after your wedding day. And I am sooooooo glad that I chose Kathy to take those pictures and capture those memories. I cannot wait to see the final product, the sneak peaks are fabulous! Aside from being enormously talented, Kathy is effortlessly sweet and friendly. She recently had a fundraiser for Dogs XL rescue, in which she photographed my fur baby. She was great with him and his non existent attention span. An absolute dream to work with. Do yourself a favor and hire Kathy. You will not only be blown away by her talent but you'll smile and laugh all day!

I couldnt be happier!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Raven J

Kathy Hertel is a phenomenal photographer who is willing to go above and beyond for her clients and she sincerely enjoys what she does. she is the ultimate professional and really makes you feel like you are her only client, I will continue to go to her for all our photographer... Read More needs for as long as she's around. after spending 1 year planning the wedding with her, she's not only become my go to photographer, shes also become my friend. The first time I met Kathy was at a wedding show in northern VA, and I loved her unique pictures. the second time I met her was at another wedding show at the Baltimore convention center... and I knew it was ment to be. We did engagement pictures last june (2013) she spent all afternoon with us, shes very funny and knows how to get you to really smile and laugh. she is so creative and loves trying new things, she got some awesome pictures of us lying down in our creek (we seriously look like were modeling). After spending a few hours doing pictures, she sat down with us and patiently explained everything about her contract and what everything was going to cost and what our extra options were if we wanted to higher her to do our wedding. After we were finished talking it had started raining outside and she wanted to go take some pictures of us out in the rain. she even went home and had a few up the next day on her facebook page. All of the pictures we got from her for our engagement were phenomenal. I also decided to do boudoir pictures with her and she set up a package with hair and make up, and had also had me set up a pintrest page of all the pictures I think I wanted to try. when I arrived with my bag of clothes, she actually took it and started making them into outfits and placing them around her studio at different areas. It was a lot of fun and everything was very relaxed and these pictures were also phenomenal. What has been most difficult has been choosing 10 for her to further edit. For the wedding she met me at the venue a few days before and we walked around and got a good idea of what locations we wanted to do our pictures. During the wedding she did a great job of getting all our little details and getting all our families together to take pictures in a very organized way. During the wedding she was not afraid to get her feet a little dirty to get the shots. We also got a photo booth at for our reception and her husband ran it, she brought a ton of props and my guests all had a ball taking extra pictures and got 2 photo strips with each group of pictures taken. At the end of the night she stole us to get some awesome long exposure shots with the barn and stars in the background and our party bus ended up leaving us at the venue. so as not to leave us stranded she volunteered to take us the 20 minutes to the hotel. Please if your on the fence about her just try her out, You will love her!

Baltimore Wedding?!? Hire Kathy!!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014

Kathy was amazing! I had seen her work from a friend's wedding that she did in New York and was impressed by her ability to capture "THE" moment. She is very easy to work with and every conversation was like talking to a friend. She not only listened to what I wanted but she... Read More was careful to note what I didn't want in my pictures. For example, my husband and I were married at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, Maryland and I was worried that our pictures would look cheesy with a baseball theme. Instead, Kathy choose several different locations around the baseball stadium that I would have never have chosen. The end result were timeless pictures with a contemporary touch. Every so often, I look back at our album and am thankful that we chose her to be our photographer. Also, Ripken Stadium is using some of her pictures on their website from our wedding! She is an AMAZING photographer!!!!

Amazing Photographer & Artwork!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Megan D

Kathleen was amazing to work and her work is phenomenal! After meeting with Kathy, looking at her work, and seeing her prices, I knew she was the perfect photographer for us. We received our pictures much sooner than expected and the best part is you receive digital copies of... Read More all your photos and the rights to them! She was super flexible during both our engagement photos and on our wedding day. She makes the best out of any weather situation (fog during engagement photos and a little rain on our wedding day) and creates amazing photos! Hands down, the best decision I made during wedding planning was choosing Kathleen as our photographer!

Absolutely Beautiful Story Teller

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Tara T

It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so when the memories of the most important day of your life start to get a little fuzzy because let's face it - it's a whirlwind of a day, you're going to want to have the best words a picture can tell. There is no... Read More one better than Kathy. Yes, she’s award winning. Yes, she has up-to-date equipment that she services regularly. But that’s not what makes a great photographer. Kathy was professional, energetic and creative but even more than that she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. She made it fun. She is friendly and patient and talks you through everything you need to know. She has such a unique way of looking at things, that something you may never think picture worthy, is beautiful through her eyes. We were so in love with our pictures from our Engagement Session, that we incorporated them into our wedding day by framing them and placing them all over the hotel lobby when people entered for the reception. The comment we received the most after people viewed the proofs of our wedding was "I don’t know how you are going to choose." And it is true, they are amazing pictures. Memories that will last us a lifetime, thanks to Kathy. Every picture tells a story. People that weren’t there said they felt like they were after looking through our pictures. Our wedding party enjoyed her, my family loved her. She is the vendor that becomes such a part of your day that you'll be sad when you don't have to talk to her regularly anymore. She becomes your friend. I would give her more than five stars if I could. You honestly could not go wrong. If one normal picture is worth 1,000 words – Kathy’s pictures of your wedding will be worth much, much more.

Flawless Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Nina F

I am so happy we chose Kathy to make our memories last! She is so creative and unlike any other photographer I have seen. I love how she tries new things and her creative ideas. She makes you feel so comfortable during shoots and doesn't take any time at all. Will use her for... Read More all photography even outside of wedding!

Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Kimberly R

I knew from when I first met Kathy at a Bridal Show that I wanted her as our photographer. Kathy is very fun, down to earth person to work with. She likes to do different things that fit your personality. We have had so many compliments on our photos! Words cant describe the... Read More moments and photos that she captures. Memories I will cherish for ever. She is a must use!! Where do I start!? I first came across Kathy at a bridal show. I loved her photo on her card. So I tossed it in my bag along with all the others...But I never forgot that image. So I looked up her website and immediately fell in love with her work and knew she would be our photographer! We met and went over our package options and scheduled our engagement photos. We like to do things a little out of the ordinary and not your typical posed photos, having Kathy she was able to take us to places that fit our personalities. We will be able to see exactly how our wedding day was and how much fun everyone had and relive those moments with our photos! Kathy is not only an amazing photographer, she is so much fun to work with, very reliable and responsive. I wish I could give her more than a 5 for rating! If you don't have a photographer you should sign up today!!!

2013-09-24T20:44:40 Response from Kathleen , the member

Awe thanks Kim!

Excellent Photographer

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Kristina D

Kathleen is very creative and a pleasure to work with!! We received several compliments on our engagement photos from guests and friends, and we can't wait to see how the wedding photos turn out!

Great Photographer! Great Photos!

Reviewed on 2/27/2013 Shellie S

We loved working with Kathy! Kathy took both our engagement and wedding photos which turned out amazing. She was so easy to work with and very professional. Our photos are wonderful and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Kathy is very talented and has a... Read More wonderful perspective for great photos. You will not be disappointed. We cannot say enough wonderful things and how pleased we are with our photos. Kathy captured every moment and detail of our wedding, we didn't even notice her there half of the time. She didn't pull us here and there for "staged" photos but created great candid photos of our entire night. Photos of your wedding are one of the only things you can look back on to remember that day, so invest in a good photographer like Kathy.

Reviewed on 12/20/2012 Brooke E

Kathy came as a reference from friends & after seeing her website I called & she came for a consultation. She brought great photos, but we worried she’d be out of our price range. To our delight, Kathy is reasonable (she could be charging more!) & we booked her. Our engagement... Read More shoot was in 10/11 & unfortunately the weather dropped down to below 20. Kathy was a trooper & got us to every location we planned & quickly. The poor girl even stood in a freezing fountain to get the perfect shot! We walked away excited, but anxious about the quality she would get from us freezing. Weeks later, Kathy sent us photos & we were delighted at how good they were. Everyone loved the save-the-date magnets & I think it’s great that she gives you a CD to allow the freedom to send away for those things. The week of the wedding, we met her at the Chapel so she could go over where we’d like photos & what light would be flattering. The day of our wedding she coordinated shots of my husband and me without letting us see each other & kept us moving to get to the wedding on-time. Once the ceremony started, I never even remember seeing her until saying thank you at the end. In the weeks following, my husband & I started to get nervous- did she get everything? It’s A LOT of pressure-you only have 1 night-a couple of hours- to have photos that will tell the story of your wedding & last a lifetime. Kathy sent us photos a couple weeks later & my husband & I were AMAZED. She captured beautiful moments, hysterical dances & facial reactions I didn’t even know occurred! It was like experiencing the night over again. The greatest compliment I can give Kathy is that she was a photography phantom- my family & husband agreed that we never remember her being there in the moments she caught & besides not capturing any moments at all, my greatest fear was that our photographer would drag out the staged shots & be in the way to capture the candid moments. Kathy captured everything & we couldn’t be happier.

Best Choice in Photographers

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Lori J

Kathleen Hertel was a great choice for a photographter at my October 2012 wedding. After working with her at a friend's wedding in 2011, I decided that I wanted to work with her for my wedding as she pays attention to the little details, takes beautiful shots that encompass... Read More both artistic and posed shots. She has great ideas, an artistic eye, and willing to go the extra mile to get the best shots possible!

AMAZING Photographer!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Meaghan D

Kathleen was absolutely amazing!! She did our engagement shoot and wedding!! She was FANTASTIC! Her ideas were super creative and it was a joy to wake up the day after the wedding with a sneak peak album already up and ready to view on Facebook! She was always on time for our... Read More appointments and easy to get in touch with. It rained on my wedding day for only a couple of hours but that time happened to be the time we were going to be outside taking the bridal group pics - Kathleen was quick to her feet and had a backup plan ready to go at Union Station! I cannot wait to see all the pictures from our big day! I cannot say enough about her work! Its truly amazing and I would not recommend anyone else but her!!

A dream to work with...

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Brandy T

Kathy is amazing. She is patient & will go out of her way to get the shot that she sees. I've only seen the sneak peek so far she made us all look gorgeous!

Professional photography taken to a new level!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 TJ H

One look at Kathy Hertel's work and you will understand; her work is amazing! And not only are the photos amazing, the pricing was affordable! Our search for a wedding photographer was mundane as every other photographer had the normal photos, with the normal packages and the... Read More crazy price tag. Thankfully we came across Kathy. Her artistic style and creative planning will make your wedding photos something truly special without breaking the budget. We have since hired Kathy for additional family photo shoots and will continue doing so in the future! Fantastic Work!

Creative, Personable, and Well Priced!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Nicole H

Kathy was by far the best decision we made in planning our wedding. Her photographs are creative and original. She takes a wide variety of pictures and is very detail oriented. The best part is that she is very personable and engaging on the wedding day, helping put the bride,... Read More groom and wedding party at ease. She is very reasonably priced compared to most Baltimore-area photographers of her caliber. I plan to continue to use her services for all my future photography needs!

Professional with an extraordinary talent!

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Brigid M

Photography was at the top of our list as the most important thing for our wedding day. We had many important list items but we believed that the most important thing was to have amazing pictures that we would have for many years to come and to aways remember our special day!... Read More At first, we actually had another photographer in mind. He was the photographer at my brother's wedding and at many of my other friend's weddings. Although, we decided to still meet with Kathy who was highly recommended to us by another friend. When we first met Kathy we fell in love with her work but we also loved her personality . She was personable and understood us and our interests. On the day of our wedding, Kathy came very prepared. She knew every picture we wanted and was super organized. She was also excellent working with young children, especially my crazy 3 year-old nephew! The day after our wedding Kathy posted a few pictures on our Facebook pages. We fell in love with them right away. We also got many compliments on our photos and people loved how unique they were. When we received the rest of our photos we were so excited because Kathy captured our special day perfectly. She not only captured pictures of us and our guests, but she captured our personalities in still life. They were amazing! Our families and guests are asking for copies of the pictures. I would highly recommend Kathy because of her professionalism and for her extraordinary talent!