Kathryn's Bridal, Dress Shop & Invitations

McHenry, IL

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

3807 W. Elm St. (IL. Rt. 120), McHenry, IL

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Caitlin L

I enjoyed every single visit to Kathryn's Bridal! From picking out my dress to alteration appointments, everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and lovely. Kathryn's had an amazing selection of gowns within an appropriate price range. I never felt "sold to" but rather, felt... Read More genuinely cared about. I felt like they really wanted my day to be exactly what I envisioned. Can't say enough great things about Kathryn's!

2016-09-06T10:59:57 Response from the vendor

Dear Recent Bride, Thank you for taking the time to submit your lovely review. We are thrilled you felt the genuine joy and excitement we have for each and every bride we serve. It is a privilege to be a part of this most memorable... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Christina K

The staff at Kathryn's bridal are phenomenal. I worked with Lanna who helped me pick out the perfect wedding dress! Emotions can often run high for some in the middle of wedding craziness. Lanna and the rest of the staff have been extremely patient in dealing with my family and... Read More I. We also worked with Anna for getting the invitations, thank you's and place cards. She was so kind and helpful every step of the way! Now they are working on alterations on my wedding dress and I wanted to give a huge thank you to all staff at Kathryn's bridal for making this experience enjoyable and stress-free! You are all such a blessing to me! andam so grateful to you!

2016-07-28T17:56:59 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We are so happy you enjoyed working with our professional staff for each wedding detail. We take great pride in ensuring your complete satisfaction and minimizing the stress. Thank you for your kind review and trusting us at this important time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kelly P

I used to watch SYTTD all the time and dream about how my day would be. My experience at Kathryn's was more than I could have ever dreamt of! I purchased my dress at Kathryn's on Saturday. I must say that my experience was beyond PHENOMENAL. I was at another bridal salon prior... Read More to arriving at Kathryn's and the two salons do not even compare to one another. The second my large group and I walked into the door at Kathryn's we knew we were in the right place. The entire staff was so bubbly and friendly. I had the pleasure of working with Anna. She was AMAZING!!! She really took the time to listen to what I pictured myself in. I felt so comfortable with her. Every dress that I tried on, she made me feel like a beautiful bride. Once I had "the" dress on, Anna put the veil on and I started crying tears of joy. When I said yes to the dress it was a big celebration. The other bridal consultants took the time to come say congratulations and then Kathryn brought out the champagne. I felt like I was on top of the world thanks to the staff at Kathryn's, my group, and my beautiful dress! Thanks to Kathryn's my SYTTD experience was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Camille S

I mean wow! Bought my dress today at Kathryn's with help from Anna. All the staff was absolutely amazing. So welcoming and willing to help in anyway. Everyone was so friendly, and it was genuine. Anna was patient and truthful with me, and I found my perfect dress because of... Read More her. The selection was amazing as well, and I'm plus size. I never got to try on this many dresses anywhere else that were my size. After I found the one they let me wear it for quite a while and just enjoy being a bride. I would go back and do it all again. This place is a brides dream.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Katie L

I went Bridal Shopping at Kathryn's and had a wonderful experience. This was my second time dress shopping and I was happy to say that this by far beat out my horrific 1st time experience at Volle's in Lake Zurich. Not only was Kathyrn's a better place to try on dresses because... Read More of the size fitting rooms and the rooms where they hold their dresses but they did an outstanding job offering advice and pulling the styles I wanted to try on. Lana, the amazing sales woman, who helped me during this entire process was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!! She truly cares about you as a person and wants nothing but the best for your big day! This personable experience made wedding dress shopping fun and enjoyable! She was patience, kind and caring during both of my extensive appointments. I highly recommend Kathryn's to any and all bride to be's. You will not be disappointed with their high quality service and kind and caring nature! They are very detail oriented and were very knowledgeable when it came to knowing fabrics, designers and any questions regarding alterations. This bridal store is a MUST to visit! =) Some things I LOVED about Kathryn's: - You can walk around and pick out dresses to try on (2 rooms full of dresses) - Big fitting rooms - Full sized mirrors - Customer Service - Caring consultants - Outstanding people and business - Large dress selection - Variety in different style dresses - Knowledgeable in their field and in knowing designers, fabrics and alternation questions - Were able to answer any question I had - Match any veil, belt or any other bling you wanted to add to your dress! - Tasteful selections They also have an entire downstairs for Mother of the bride dresses and an entire upstairs for your bridesmaid dresses! Including color swatches for any dress you pick out! This Boutique is a MUST to visit!!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Erin S

I went with my mother not expecting to find my dream dress on the first shopping trip, but wow, the staff at Kathryn's was incredible and we walked away with the perfect dress and matching veil! The consultant we worked with, Kathie, was so attentive and really listened to what... Read More I said and gave me time to consider the options and knew exactly when to give my mom and I time alone. They were so professional and completely de-mystified the process for me. Once we had selected the gown they explained every step of the process and I do not feel nearly as anxious about it as I did going in! For anyone looking for their gown, Kathryn's has wonderful staff and a HUGE selection of beautiful dresses. I'm so excited to go back in a few months and see my dress (and their staff) again!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Melissa S

There is a huge selection of gowns here. I got engaged in June and have set a wedding date in January 2017. With such a short engagement, I was worried about the dresses I would be able to order in time. Kathryn's had dozens of dresses in sample sizes that fit me and they even... Read More had a huge sample sale going on! They completely took the stress of the time frame out of the situation for me. I found my gown and I have never felt more beautiful! They were very accommodating to my mom and future mother-in-law.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Lauren P

I had the most incredible experience at Kathryn's bridal! In fact- it was so great it was the only bridal salon I went to and purchased the 5th dress I tried on!!! The staff is amazing - they truly make you feel like the incredible bride you are! After a consultation they allow... Read More you and your guests to actually walk around and pull any and all dresses you want!! They do not hover over you, and they also pick a few based on your consultation!! 5 stars - best experience!!

2016-07-28T17:16:05 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We are honored to have received your lovely review! Our staff takes great pride in helping each bride find the dress of her dreams and we are proud we could do the same for you. Thank you for your kind words... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Daniel R

Wonderful experience! I brought my two maids of honor, my mother and soon to be mother in-law, and although we all had different sense of taste and style our assistant for the afternoon helped us all get on the same page. One of the hardest parts about shopping for a wedding... Read More dress for me is to critique any of the beautiful gowns. However Anna, our consultant, helped me have the confidence to critique the dresses I did not like, and identify what it was about the dresses I disliked or liked. Along with that she never brought a dress into the fitting room that was over my price point. Allowing me to chose a dress that was almost half my budget! With that in mind I was able to find a dress that fits my personality and style, and most importantly one that makes me feel like a beautiful and confident version of myself!

2016-07-28T17:50:16 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for taking the time to submit your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience and found the dress of your dreams that fit your style and budget! We are honored to have been a part of this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Katrina R

I have always driven by Kathryn's while growing up and saw their beautiful displays (which they change out regularly). I knew someday I would be in there trying some of these amazing gowns on! The appointment was easy to make and pretty last minute. Lana (i believe) helped us... Read More and she was absolutely amazing. She knew the entire selection that they had. We were allowed a specific amount of dresses for the allotment of time. She was convinced that she found my perfect dress. When I looked at it in the bag I believed it had absolutely nothing I was looking for in a dress. But she told me i had to try it on and she added it to my selection. I refused to try it on until the end and sure enough, it was the perfect dress! She knew so much and was incredibly helpful. Laura was our seamstress and we were constantly amazed by how knowledgeable she is. She really worked hard to make everything exactly as I needed/wanted it. The nice thing about this shop is that even after over 9 months, when I came back in Lana recognized me and remembered our experience. They really understand and care about each brides needs. ALSO, their selection is absolutely AMAZING! Every time I went in I wanted to try on more dress if one for fun! Finally, their price point varies. I did double my budget because I found the perfect dress. However they definitely had affordable options. My dress, for example, was $1100 off because it was an "old" style and a floor sample! I highly recommend Kathryn's and will always remember my great experience there!!

2016-06-21T10:20:33 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for your lovely review! We are thrilled your visit was so successful and you found the perfect dress for your wedding day. Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

I ended up purchasing a sample gown and veil along with the help of Lonna! The whole experience was wonderful! Highly recommend!

2016-07-28T17:59:29 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Your wonderful comments are most appreciated! We are happy to have helped you find your dream dress and veil. Best wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Kathryn's Bridal was the first place I went to when trying on wedding dresses. I was crazy nervous because I was a plus size bride and didn't think I'd find anything I would like...but the sales ladies were SO helpful and supportive and, in looking at my body type, knew exactly... Read More what would work. I ended up buying the second dress I tried on! This is a lovely store with a great selection and everyone who works there is so sweet. Definitely recommend checking it out!

2016-05-31T15:42:37 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We are thrilled you found your dress on your very first visit! We are especially honored that you took the time to write such a lovely review. Thank you for trusting us to be a part of the most magical time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Haley W

All the staff is wonderful. They make you feel like you're the only priority and ensure that you find the perfect dress while respecting your budget and there is zero pressure to make a decision and buy.

2016-03-24T09:54:29 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We appreciate your business! Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Sarah F

This was the best experience I could have possibly had. Everyone was so wonderful and incredibly helpful. Being a plus size bride comes with it's challenges and never once did I feel uncomfortable or made to feel like I shouldn't be able to have an amazing dress. I am so... Read More appreciative to the people I worked with on this day and I am happy to say that I found my dress, ordered my dress, and will be picking it up sometime soon!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Tabitha T

Kathryn's Bridal was my 3rd stop in a very stressful and upsetting dress hunt. The consultant was beyond patient, grabbed all the dresses I liked, and didn't rush me. They were so polite and nice, and I finally found my dress. I'm so happy with the service I received.

2016-07-28T18:19:34 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We appreciate your kind words and are happy we were able to make your visit stress-free and successful! Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. Best, Kathryn

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Hiliary B

Nice choices at good prices.

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Tracy S

Worked with Lana as my consultant who was absolutely amazing to work with. She helped me find the dress of my dreams and I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Jennifer B

I bought my dress here. Great experience, decent price, overall very happy.

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Mallory K

MJ is the best woman to see if your looking for a gown! She is personable, sweet, gets involved, makes you feel comfortable, and doesn't rush you during your appointment. I had so much anxiety when looking for my dress and she made the experience a wonderful one. Not to mention... Read More a lot of places are full of snoty stuck up woman and I did not find this at Kathryn's! Best place to go!

2016-07-28T18:21:13 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad you had a wonderful experience and found your dream dress! Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Loved my experience at Kathryn's

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Emily D

I have been to Kathryn's previously as a bridesmaid and out of convenience, I began my wedding dress shopping here. Going into the appointment I was back and forth between 2 different styles and I told the associate helping me that I wanted to try on a bunch of both styles, and... Read More she was absolutely wonderful! I tried on about 15 different dresses and the last dress I tried on was the one. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who assisted me, she was the absolute best and made sure that every dress I tried on was within my budget and what I was looking for. I am definitely going back for my bridesmaid dresses!!

Professional

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We first encountered Kathryn's for wedding dress shopping and had fantastic, experienced service. They offer discounts for wedding party orders. So mom of bride, me, and mom of groom decided to check out dresses for our special day. Total professionalism. I would highly... Read More recommend Kathryn's for any of your formal needs. Including prom, etc..

KATHY WALTERS

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My son's upcoming wedding is in December. I am, so to speak, late in shopping for a specific type of gown. The sales consultant, Cathy Walters, was so accommodating, friendly and asked all the pertinent questions to ascertain exactly what I was looking for. All the gowns she... Read More selected were beautifully designed. Very hard to choose from such a wide collection. A decision was made, and the first alteration has already taken place. Kathy's salesmanship and professionalism is beyond excellent. I would recommend Kathryn's to anyone who is in need of a gown or evening dress. has already taken place. Being in sales and marketing my entire career, I must commend

Thank you, Kathryn's!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Amie L

Kathryn's has a great selection of beautiful gowns at very affordable prices. Everything went smoothly. I found my gown during my first appointment and it was on sale! Everything was very orderly, clean, and of great value. I was able to get my gown and accessories at the same... Read More time and it was very stress free. My only con comment is my consultant did not grab very many gowns for me as a guideline. As a first time shopper, her advice and guidance would have been greatly valued. Overall, completely satisfied and recommend Kathryn's to other brides!

2015-10-27T11:47:14 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you found your gown and veil. We are also happy your experience was successful and stress free. Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kailey P

Kathryn's is phenomenal! My mom and I stopped in to look at dresses and they wound up squeezing us in for an appointment. The staff was so attentive and helpful. I wound up purchasing the first dress I tried on!!! I probably tried about 7 all together but kept coming back to the... Read More first dress. I'm not a exactly a sample size (I'm a 14) and it was difficult to picture the entire look without a dress that "fit" but the woman helping me made me feel so comfortable and helped me picture what I would look like when everything fit. In addition to making me feel comfortable I was torn between two dresses in two different price points. The woman helping me was honest with me and told me what she thought was most flattering. She didn't just push me to purchase the more expensive dress as I anticipated. The seamstress I've worked with is absolutely AMAZING. Just wonderful. She is so helpful and accommodating she can make anything happen. Truly a pleasure to work with. I've had a wonderful experience at Kathryn's. They offered a discount for tux and bridesmaid dresses as well with the purchase of my dress so we ordered all our tuxes and bridesmaid dresses their as well. My bridal party loves their dresses! Not to mention they have a wide range of tux options unless other vendors we looked at for tuxes. Can't say enough good things about Kathryn's. Highly, highly recommend!!

2015-10-11T14:56:34 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We were thrilled to read your wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience and letting others know how we delivered on our promise of exceptional service. Best wishes always, Kathryn

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Michelle P

I was pleasantly surprised upon my visit to Kathryn's! This was my second wedding dress shopping appointment so I did not go in thinking I was going to buy. I was immediately impressed by the ambience and the fact that my consultant Anna took so much time to get to know me and... Read More my style. She did not start pulling dresses until she clarified everything. I liked how the selection was pared down to select brands and dresses were sorted by price and style. It was also nice that I was able to look through the racks as well since there weren't too many and the shop was easily navigated. I was initially wary when I was told to only try on five dresses as I thought that would be way too little but as Anna proved throughout the whole appointment, Kathryn's really knows what they're doing. Every part of the process had some sort of mastered technique applied. I enjoyed my appointment so much and ended up buying the first dress I tried on! I was shocked I let myself make that decision but I definitely knew that was the one! I also appreciated the attention given to helping me pick out my accessories to match my dress. I can't wait to go in for my fitting and bring the other women in my family in for their dresses, too! Thank you so much Anna and everyone else at Kathryn's!!

2015-10-06T11:53:44 Response from the vendor

Dear Michelle, Congratulations on finding your dress! We are honored by your kind words and we appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful experience. We look forward to being of further assistance to you and all the other women in your family. Warmest... Read Less Read More