Kathryn's Bridal, Dress Shop & Invitations

McHenry, IL

Kathryn's Bridal, Dress Shop & Invitation Studio

Kathryn's Bridal is the area's premier bridal, special occasion & invitation destination. Our outstanding collection, personal service & attention to detail is what every woman expects & deserves. Our beautiful location will enhance your experience, & we look forward to being of assistance to you !

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

3807 W. Elm St. (IL. Rt. 120), McHenry, IL

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Haley W

All the staff is wonderful. They make you feel like you're the only priority and ensure that you find the perfect dress while respecting your budget and there is zero pressure to make a decision and buy.

2016-03-24T09:54:29 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review. We appreciate your business! Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 Sarah F

This was the best experience I could have possibly had. Everyone was so wonderful and incredibly helpful. Being a plus size bride comes with it's challenges and never once did I feel uncomfortable or made to feel like I shouldn't be able to have an amazing dress. I am so... Read More appreciative to the people I worked with on this day and I am happy to say that I found my dress, ordered my dress, and will be picking it up sometime soon!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Mallory K

MJ is the best woman to see if your looking for a gown! She is personable, sweet, gets involved, makes you feel comfortable, and doesn't rush you during your appointment. I had so much anxiety when looking for my dress and she made the experience a wonderful one. Not to mention... Read More a lot of places are full of snoty stuck up woman and I did not find this at Kathryn's! Best place to go!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Kathryn's Bridal was the first place I went to when trying on wedding dresses. I was crazy nervous because I was a plus size bride and didn't think I'd find anything I would like...but the sales ladies were SO helpful and supportive and, in looking at my body type, knew exactly... Read More what would work. I ended up buying the second dress I tried on! This is a lovely store with a great selection and everyone who works there is so sweet. Definitely recommend checking it out!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Tabitha T

Kathryn's Bridal was my 3rd stop in a very stressful and upsetting dress hunt. The consultant was beyond patient, grabbed all the dresses I liked, and didn't rush me. They were so polite and nice, and I finally found my dress. I'm so happy with the service I received.

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Hiliary B

Nice choices at good prices.

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Tracy S

Worked with Lana as my consultant who was absolutely amazing to work with. She helped me find the dress of my dreams and I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Jennifer B

I bought my dress here. Great experience, decent price, overall very happy.

Loved my experience at Kathryn's

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Emily D

I have been to Kathryn's previously as a bridesmaid and out of convenience, I began my wedding dress shopping here. Going into the appointment I was back and forth between 2 different styles and I told the associate helping me that I wanted to try on a bunch of both styles, and... Read More she was absolutely wonderful! I tried on about 15 different dresses and the last dress I tried on was the one. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who assisted me, she was the absolute best and made sure that every dress I tried on was within my budget and what I was looking for. I am definitely going back for my bridesmaid dresses!!

Professional

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We first encountered Kathryn's for wedding dress shopping and had fantastic, experienced service. They offer discounts for wedding party orders. So mom of bride, me, and mom of groom decided to check out dresses for our special day. Total professionalism. I would highly... Read More recommend Kathryn's for any of your formal needs. Including prom, etc..

KATHY WALTERS

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My son's upcoming wedding is in December. I am, so to speak, late in shopping for a specific type of gown. The sales consultant, Cathy Walters, was so accommodating, friendly and asked all the pertinent questions to ascertain exactly what I was looking for. All the gowns she... Read More selected were beautifully designed. Very hard to choose from such a wide collection. A decision was made, and the first alteration has already taken place. Kathy's salesmanship and professionalism is beyond excellent. I would recommend Kathryn's to anyone who is in need of a gown or evening dress. has already taken place. Being in sales and marketing my entire career, I must commend

Thank you, Kathryn's!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Amie L

Kathryn's has a great selection of beautiful gowns at very affordable prices. Everything went smoothly. I found my gown during my first appointment and it was on sale! Everything was very orderly, clean, and of great value. I was able to get my gown and accessories at the same... Read More time and it was very stress free. My only con comment is my consultant did not grab very many gowns for me as a guideline. As a first time shopper, her advice and guidance would have been greatly valued. Overall, completely satisfied and recommend Kathryn's to other brides!

2015-10-27T11:47:14 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased you found your gown and veil. We are also happy your experience was successful and stress free. Warmest wishes, Kathryn

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kailey P

Kathryn's is phenomenal! My mom and I stopped in to look at dresses and they wound up squeezing us in for an appointment. The staff was so attentive and helpful. I wound up purchasing the first dress I tried on!!! I probably tried about 7 all together but kept coming back to the... Read More first dress. I'm not a exactly a sample size (I'm a 14) and it was difficult to picture the entire look without a dress that "fit" but the woman helping me made me feel so comfortable and helped me picture what I would look like when everything fit. In addition to making me feel comfortable I was torn between two dresses in two different price points. The woman helping me was honest with me and told me what she thought was most flattering. She didn't just push me to purchase the more expensive dress as I anticipated. The seamstress I've worked with is absolutely AMAZING. Just wonderful. She is so helpful and accommodating she can make anything happen. Truly a pleasure to work with. I've had a wonderful experience at Kathryn's. They offered a discount for tux and bridesmaid dresses as well with the purchase of my dress so we ordered all our tuxes and bridesmaid dresses their as well. My bridal party loves their dresses! Not to mention they have a wide range of tux options unless other vendors we looked at for tuxes. Can't say enough good things about Kathryn's. Highly, highly recommend!!

2015-10-11T14:56:34 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We were thrilled to read your wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience and letting others know how we delivered on our promise of exceptional service. Best wishes always, Kathryn

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Michelle P

I was pleasantly surprised upon my visit to Kathryn's! This was my second wedding dress shopping appointment so I did not go in thinking I was going to buy. I was immediately impressed by the ambience and the fact that my consultant Anna took so much time to get to know me and... Read More my style. She did not start pulling dresses until she clarified everything. I liked how the selection was pared down to select brands and dresses were sorted by price and style. It was also nice that I was able to look through the racks as well since there weren't too many and the shop was easily navigated. I was initially wary when I was told to only try on five dresses as I thought that would be way too little but as Anna proved throughout the whole appointment, Kathryn's really knows what they're doing. Every part of the process had some sort of mastered technique applied. I enjoyed my appointment so much and ended up buying the first dress I tried on! I was shocked I let myself make that decision but I definitely knew that was the one! I also appreciated the attention given to helping me pick out my accessories to match my dress. I can't wait to go in for my fitting and bring the other women in my family in for their dresses, too! Thank you so much Anna and everyone else at Kathryn's!!

2015-10-06T11:53:44 Response from the vendor

Dear Michelle, Congratulations on finding your dress! We are honored by your kind words and we appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful experience. We look forward to being of further assistance to you and all the other women in your family. Warmest... Read Less Read More

Come for the Variety, stay for the alterations

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Bess E

Excellent variety, without the stuffiness of the city (and prices). I LOVED my dress, but what really made it was the amazing alterations by Laura. She is an absolute miracle worker, and a person that I could not have gotten through the wedding planning without her and her... Read More graciousness. I would suggest Kathryn's to all brides in the area!

2015-10-01T16:43:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We are thrilled you were delighted with the work completed by our seamstress Laura! Thank you for taking the time to let other brides know how happy you were with your experience. We truly appreciate your review and wish you all... Read Less Read More

Best Dress Experience

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kelly Z

I am getting married in March and got engaged in late August. I had been to several bridal salons that told me because of my shorter engagement I was in the "danger zone" for buying a dress. Needless to say, I didn't need more stress, I needed help finding a dress! Lana... Read More from Kathryn's bridal was it. She was honest with me, telling me that time was tight, but that we'd find the perfect dress. I arrived in the evening, and was helped right away. Lana assisted in picking dresses in my price range and style, trying them on, telling me some of her tips and advice and eventually hugged me when I found the best one. I think I chose that dress partially because I loved it and partially because I had such a good experience at Kathryn's! Everyone should go there.

2015-09-30T15:14:14 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for sharing your amazing experience! We are so happy you found your dress and hope you will think of us for bridesmaids, invitations, mothers and tuxedos. Best wishes, Kathryn

Unforeseen Wedding Bliss

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

I went to Kathryn's Bridal in search for my wedding dress. It was nice to see the amount of dresses available in various styles so you feel you have a good chance in finding "the one." Lanna was my consultant and she was wonderful. She was very patient with me and honest when I... Read More needed an opinion while trying on since I am very indecisive. She was a great help and made sure to find dresses in the styles that I liked. My only disappointment was the end price I ended up paying for my dress. I wish we stayed more in my price range. However, I have no regrets because I still get the butterflies thinking about it and for the amount of beading and detailing on my dress I'm surprised it was not more. Overall I had a great experience and would recommend Kathryn's to any bride searching for her wedding gown. If you make an appointment ask for Lanna! You wont be disappointing.

2015-09-17T17:20:10 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We appreciate your lovely review and are so happy you enjoyed your experience! It is so exciting to find your wedding dress and say "Yes!" We are honored to be a part of your special day. Best wishes, Kathryn

5 star!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Lisa M

The staff at Kathryn's were great! Very helpful, did not make you feel any pressure, took the time to make your experience perfect. Kathryn's also has a huge selection on dresses , veils etc! I purchased both from there and actually purchased the first dress I tried on! Dress... Read More costs range from less expensive to higher end pricing so its perfect for everyone! I definitely recommend making an appointment today! You will not be disappointed!

2015-09-03T15:22:05 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We so appreciate your review! We are happy you found your experience worthy of 5 Stars and we look forward to the opportunity to help with invitations, bridesmaids, & tuxedos. Warmest wishes, Kathryn

1 stop shop

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Allison F

I went to Kathryn's just to browse the dresses since it was my first time shopping for a dress. We unexpectedly found the perfect dress there. They stock dresses of a higher quality that you cannot match at chain wedding dress retailers. It is worth it to pay a little bit more... Read More for a dress that everyone else is not wearing. They were all so kind and have many options for stationery and bridesmaid gowns.

2015-09-03T15:24:35 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for taking the time to let others know you were pleased with your visit. Congratulations on finding your dress! Best wishes, Kathryn

Fantastic Service!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Sara B

I had a great experience and found my dress at Kathryn's! I wasn't sure what style dress I wanted but my consultant, Annie, helped to pick dresses that would work well on my body type and made sure that my large entourage was picking dresses that were within budget. She also... Read More helped find the perfect belt and veil to go with my dress! We had such a great experience here that we ended up getting bridesmaid dresses and my mom's dress here too!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Alyssa D

I love the ladies at Kathryn's bridal! The selection of dresses was amazing and the woman who helped me with my appointment was so helpful! She picked out perfect dresses for me to try and made me feel beautiful in every single one! I recommend them to all my friends who have... Read More weddings coming up

2015-08-09T16:36:27 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We so appreciate your lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. Wishing you much joy, Kathryn

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jen B

I had no idea what I was doing whatsoever when I went dress shopping for our wedding, we had been to a few other places first, and our last stop was Kathryn's. We worked with Lana and she was AMAZING! She knew what would work for my body type and what wouldn't, and when I asked... Read More her to be honest as far as what looked good and what didn't, she was, and I loved her for it. You could tell that she cared just as much about finding my dress for our wedding as I did, and she was in tears along with the rest of us when we found THE ONE. We were absolutely thrilled with our experience there, so much that we went back to her for the bridesmaid dresses, the flower girl dresses, rehearsal dresses, mother's dresses, and the men's suits as well. The ladies at Kathryn's take care of you like you are family and go above and beyond to make sure that everything is just right for you and your wedding. I wouldn't go anywhere else and have referred all of the fellow brides I know to go see them as well!

2015-06-08T15:25:42 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled you were so pleased with our service and we wish you all the best! Warmly, Kathryn

Fabulous Customer Service & Experience!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Allee P

I really felt like I was on "Say Yes to the Dress" when I had my bridal appointment at Kathryn's. Annie, my consultant, was the sweetest and really worked to make my experience great. I had another bridal appointment at another salon later that same day and it was absolutely... Read More horrible! Complete night and day difference. I highly recommend going here if you are looking for beautiful dresses that are not outrageously priced and would like to be treated like a queen while shopping.

2015-10-27T12:08:11 Response from the vendor

Dear Allee, Thank you for your lovely comments! We appreciate that you took the time to let others know how pleased you were with our service. Best wishes, Kathryn

Found my Dress!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Katie O

I had a wonderful time with Kathryn's finding my dress. I will say that their selection is really small, so don't go here expecting a warehouse of dresses. But it was the NICEST boutique out of the one's I tried in Northern Illinois.

2015-05-07T10:34:01 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, We appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience at our shop. We pride ourselves in offering the best service in a magical environment. Congratulations on finding your Wedding Dress too! We hope you will consider returning soon so... Read Less Read More

Wonderful place to find a dress!

Reviewed on 2/07/2015 Morgan J

I went to Kathryn's Bridal on December 30th to look for a wedding gown. It was so easy and quick to make an appointment. I worked with Lana and she was wonderful! I told her my price range and what I was looking for and she found so many dresses for me to try on. She was never... Read More pushy, and helped to make it such a wonderful experience. She also has a talent for picking out belts and veils. The store itself and all of the other employees were great as well! I can't wait to go back there for my fittings!

2015-05-07T10:38:56 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride to Be, Congratulations on finding your wedding gown! We are so pleased you had such a memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes, Kathryn